Favorite Games? POST HERE (+ INTRO)

[media]
[/media]

Goddamn, the only RTS I'll still be playing years down the line. What a history I have with this game! I've been playing it since before I know what I was doing, my strategy amounted to spamming the shit out of men-at-arms and nothing else. I love how mechanically refined and sound this game is, and it truly has timeless graphics in my eyes. It's incredibly balanced even if the competetive scene might think otherwise, and every civ feels so unique to play as. One of the best games of all time, that's for sure.

header.jpg
Whether you think of this game as a hit or a miss, I still consider it a great example of what this medium is all about. Dust might not be anything special compared to other things, but it's vibrant art style, smooth gameplay and soothing soundtrack make for one hell of an experience. Barring the fact it's almost 90% made by a single dude over the span of four years, it's a masterpiece in its own right and an experience I won't soon forget. Sure the story is a bit lacking and maybe it could've been longer, but I loved being immersed in this world from start to finish.

[media]
[/media]

I knew I was going to love this game the moment I heard that opening theme. I've never been one for Bethesda games in general, but damn has Oblivion blown me away. I consider this the highlight of all elder scrolls so far, even if a ton of people would tell you it's either Morrowind or Skyrim. Oblivion just had a charm that drew me in once I got out of those sewers and saw the lush green landscape outside, before getting pelted by arrows from a bandit the next isle over. I have done countless runthroughs of this game, each with a different character that does different things. I remember assassinating people with my fists fondly, or the time I beat that goddamn painting level with a character that was majorly underleveled. Damn, some fine memories I've got from this.

Cute girls doing cute things, son.

Last of Us, Overwatch, and Rocket League.

I hold Last of Us really dear to my heart. I think it may have been the only game to put guilt on my shoulders as I killed NPC's. It is also the only game, I believe, to make me tear up more than once. Everything was done to perfection-gameplay and the cutscenes. It was a game that had a LOT of character development in lots of small dialogue. The Last of Us had such an emotional ending (next to final fantasy X, of course).

Ark: Survival Evolved and all of the other open world and survival games..

Undertale

Bully

Corpse Party (And some other anime-made games)

GTA V

Sims 3 and 4

BattleField 4

Just Cause 2

Overwatch

Final Fantasy (Forgot the roman numerals xDD)

Many many many many other games because I am a gamer-holic.

My top 3 favourite games of all time (favourite to least favourite):

1. Witcher 3
  2. DOOM (2016)
  3. Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine

My favorite game is Red dead revolver because it's the first I ever played and it made me love western movies and got me into video games. My seconded favorite  is Fallout 3 because it's the first game I played with that type of atmosphere and all the things it let you do. 

Although the Fallout series will always hold a special place in my heart, I'd have to say that the Hotline Miami duology will always be my favorite game series due to its emphasis on planning your attacks, unexpectedly deep backstory, and the BEST video game sound track I personally have ever heard (yes, even better than Undertale's. Check your feelings, fanbois.)

Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations is one of my all time favorites. The title says it all.

Steel Beasts Pro PE: Tactical Tank Action. And MAPS.

Armored Brigade: Amazing little gem. Cold war era mechanized warfare. And it's free.

Last edited by a moderator:
  1. Pirates: Treasure Hunters, gotta play "Practice vs PC" because I got nobody to play with.
  2. Smite (I succ at it)
  3. LoTRO, although I've to admit that I haven't played it in a good while.

Mine are... (in no particular order)

Dark Souls 

Civilization V Brave New World
and...faster than light! 

These are mostly not in any order and I'm probably forgetting a bunch but this is what I came up with off the top of my head :)  

- Legend of Zelda (all of them but OoT and MM are my favs)

- Tales series

- Harvest Moon (Now Story of Seasons)

- Rune Factory 4

- Final Fantasy (up to X-2)

- Kingdom Hearts

- Persona

- Legend of Heroes

- Dark Cloud

- Chrono Cross (also Trigger but I played Cross more)

- Legend of Mana

- Divinity

- Uncharted

- Pokemon

-  Atelier Iris (1-3)

- Legend of Dragoon

I realize these (most) are not pc games but in one of the comments I saw that others were okay to list as well.

If I had to add some pc games they would be:

- The Sims (I used to play it for hours, not so much any more but there were some good times!)

- I'm a sucker for Nancy Drew games and hidden object/point and click adventure games (I like the hidden object less and the adventure part more)

- Wildlife Park (I miss Zoo Tycoon but those games don't run on my computer anymore :(  )

- Perfect World (Not currently playing but I put a lot into this one)

- Book of Unwritten Tales

Last edited by a moderator:
In no exact order:

Fallout series (excluding the first two games, for I haven't played them... Yet)

Mass Effect series (excluding the last one, which turned out to be lesser in quality. Yet, I'm still hyped up for andromeda)

Dead rising series (The zombie game that doesn't take itself seriously. C'mon, who doesn't like this series?)

Skyrim (Seriously, the majority here played this game. It's a real likable game.)

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (I dunno, I just like it for some reason. It fixed a lotta problems in the older version, and added all DLCs. The game itself was a bit ridiculous though.)

Fable II (A flawed game, but stellar nonetheless.)

Halo Series (essentially my go-to shooter)

I probably have a lot more favourites, but I'm possibly more scatter-minded. And as such, I couldn't list them all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back