Other Favorite characters to play?

KindlyPlagueDoctor

Above all else, do no harm
Hello everyone, i was just wondering what characters you guys enjoy playing, and to show you what i mean i'll give you an example. I enjoy making child or rogue characters (like pirates or bandits) because it normally gives a different perspective during a story. so what about you?

This is a nice subject for a thread. Good job on that.

Well I typically roleplay in the fantasy or fandom sections, so the “classes” of my characters will typically be tailored around what type of RP I’m involved with.

That being said though, I usually RP as the more “tragic” characters. I know some people see characters who have a troubled past as being “cliche,” but I see them as being more in-depth than most other characters. Of course, my characters don’t always have to have unfortunate circumstances surrounding them. But I do prefer all of my characters to be in-depth, otherwise I get bored when I’m writing them.

I tend to like anti-heroes. Emo as it may be, I always have a backstory with something to convey either tragedy or regret. Gives something I find personally interesting for talks and mentalities.

Mindless or controlled beings are fascinating to me, so robots and mind-control, that sort of thing would be no. 1

Next would be successful nobility, so peop,e that have worked hard and recieved a proper education to get ahead of the competition, whether they be stuck-up or kind is just dependent on how I'm feeling.

Then sort of dumb yet strong characters, so barbarians and what-not

My favorite types of characters to play are characters who tend to mess with the standard concept of morality. Tragic heroes, anti-heros, anti-villains, fallen heroes, reformed villians, all these and more I tend to play. It's not about the backstory, but how the character percieves and interacts with the world around them that interests me. Watching great men fall due to hubris, dark men rising to the occasion only to be cut down by the percieved heroes, villians showing more honor than the heroes, heroes who often go to depths even the villian refuses to go, all of this thrills me to no end.

Characters that are broken, not physically mind you, but on a mental stand point. Whether that be multiple personality, missing a few common parts of the mind, or just downright insane. I couldn't tell you why, but I never get bored with a character like that... They tend to toss in a bit of chance into the ring, unpredictability, and a good viewpoint, cuz surprisingly... Broken things see more clearly in my opinion.

I do OC's and my favorite are vampires!

But overall the characters I choose are usually torn between good and evil.

Y'all have no chill. Love it. Don't change. 10/10

My fav to play was a drag queen spy. She was fabulous. I really like to diversify my characters (race, class, occupation, gender, sexuality, etc.)

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back