Anime & Manga Favorite Anime/Manga? (and some info)

Favorite anime is hard.

Clannad, Death Note, SAO, Angel Beats, SNK, main stream and a few under the radar ones I enjoyed a lot.

My favorite manga is Deadman Wonderland, mainly cause it was my first manga and it got me addicted to reading manga.

There will be painful time...sad times. I'll be with you through think and thin. You are never alone. The hopes we carry are matched by the number of stars in the twinkling night sky. The rustling of the wind on our bodies are premonitions for what's to come tomorrow. Now, let us take a stroll...to the melody of the fairies. -Mavis

I agree and single Fav is a tough one.

On the top of my list I'd say: Hellsing,Vandread, Star Blazers, Cowboy Bebop, and I could never forget Akria (still blowing minds all these years later--the Citizen Kane of anime IMHO. You may not like it but you'd be silly to not to recognize its influence on the genre and to deny that it was one of the first to make mainstream westerners realize that anime was not just for kids---even though fans had been trying to tell then that for years).

Most of my "manga" is older and was put is a westernized format, I do have the full run of Outlander's from the 80s and I did love Ted Nomura's Tigers of Terra, which I enjoyed for the historical links, even if they weren't quite all accurate (being the history nut that I am). I wish I could have gotten more issues of ToT but the print runs were damn inconsistent as far as release times and size early on, so I lost track in a bad way.

Claymore (anime and manga, both). One of the few more purely high (more medieval) fantasy (albeit, dark fantasy) series to come out.

I've got a lot of anime that I genuinely like a lot, but not many make it straight into the favorites section, for whatever reason.

Horror: Another: a boy goes back to his mother's hometown, and sees a girl that no one else seems to acknowledge -- and then the deaths start...

Fantasy: Angel Sanctuary: a pair of siblings caught in a difficult situation rapidly deteriorates as angels, demons and God start the Third War between Heaven and Hell, with them in the middle.

Silly/Odd/Meta: Star Driver: What happens when you mix Sailor Moon, Gundam and Utena together.

Psychological/Drama: Shin Sekai Yori: A group of childhood friends in a post-dystopia come to the dawning realization the 'boogeyman' stories they're told might not be so fake -- nor the adults entirely to be trusted. Not even the ones they love.

SciFi: Gankutsou: The Count of Monte Cristo IN SPACE with lots of implied forbidden feelings, love triangles and vengeance all over the place.

Reconstructive: Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica: do I even need to add anything?

My personal favorite has to be Gankutsuou, though. Every person I recommend it to is like 'oh okay' like 'well, that sounds weird and I probably won't like it but I'll watch an episode for you' only to hear from them a week later going WHAT DID YOU DO TO ME.

When it comes down to it, I think picking a proper favorite anime is really hard for me to do. Though I am far from experienced when it comes to how much anime I have watched, I think that my favorite anime might be. . . .

Kuragehime (Princess Jellyfish)

A really funny josei slice-of-life anime/manga series that is a romantic comedy (emphasis on the comedy)! It is funny, the characters are rather easy to relate to and it's almost wet yourself humorous in some areas of the show. The show deals with this bizarre group of women (picture below) who live out their lives in a communal apartment building deemed Amamizukan in Tokyo. These women are not exactly ordinary Japanese ladies however, as each of them are otaku. The only tenants of this apartment build are otakus, and no men are allowed within. Each of the character has their own area of fixation, and obsession, however, the show focuses on young Tsukimi Kurashita whose otaku-level obsession is with . . . you guessed it, jellyfish. Her love stems from a trip she took with her mother to a local aquarium when she was very young, and it was there that she associated the rather lacelike appearances of the jellyfish to princess dresses. . . . It's one day that Tsukimi happens to meet the stylish Kuranosuke Koibuchi, the illegitimate son of a politician, who cross-dresses to avoid the obligations of politics and to feel closer to his mother. Tsukimi keeps the secret of his masculinity from her man-hating housemates, even as she is troubled by the intimacy of having a man in her room at times. Things go from there, and the situations caused by Kuranosuke's habits and insistence on visiting Tsukimi is often funny as can be.

(Take a guess at which of the ladies below is the trap/cross-dressing Kuranosuke!!)

princess-jellyfish-tome-1-extrait-3.jpg

My favorite anime is definitely Sakura Trick.

Basically it's a lightweight and unserious comedy ecchi yuri anime with lots of kissing >3< I find it really cute and funny and I would without doubt watch it again. Only anime I could give a clear 10/10 to x3

61549982353290756595.jpg

Favorite manga is Girl Friends,

it's slightly similar with Sakura Trick (being lightweight and funny) but it's a bit more serious. It has a compelling story and had me hooked all the way through (even though I can't stand reading). It's about a lonely girl who joins a new school, not really knowing anyone. Then this pretty girl (that she eventually falls in love with) appears and wants to be her friend. They become best friends, but stuff and things happen, including misunderstandings, ambiguous kisses, boyfriend pressure etc... In general just an awesome story (and I can kinda relate x3)

Girlfriendsv1_cover.jpg

yeah i'm kinda a sucker for yuri...

All right this one will be a somewhat underrated one...out of japan at least....i doubt anybody will know...if you are a fan..i will give you a hug or something

best anime/manga i ever,if not,one of the greastest of all time:Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

i can tell you many reasons for why its so damn good...but at the same time i would kinda taking the fun of watching/reading the series,but lets just say this:The series basically passes though the many adventures of each person of the Joestar line,each "jojo" is diferent and likeable,and most of them grow with them.....actually most characters from the series are likeable,even the main villians are enjoyable and likeable

there are 8 parts,part 1,2 being remaked into anime,with part 3 still going (Cant wait for part 4 being remaked x3 )

DaedricSkaarj said:
All right this one will be a somewhat underrated one...out of japan at least....i doubt anybody will know...if you are a fan..i will give you a hug or something
best anime/manga i ever,if not,one of the greastest of all time:Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

i can tell you many reasons for why its so damn good...but at the same time i would kinda taking the fun of watching/reading the series,but lets just say this:The series basically passes though the many adventures of each person of the Joestar line,each "jojo" is diferent and likeable,and most of them grow with them.....actually most characters from the series are likeable,even the main villians are enjoyable and likeable

there are 8 parts,part 1,2 being remaked into anime,with part 3 still going (Cant wait for part 4 being remaked x3 )
OH MY GOD SOMEONE ELSE WATCHES JOJO'S BIZZARE ADVENTURE <3

♗ ♘ ♟ ♛ ♕ ♜ ♝ ♞ ♟♙♗ ♘ ♟ ♛ ♕ ♜ ♝ ♞Sorry, I've dropped my Chess Set ♗ ♘ ♟ ♛ ♕ ♜ ♝ ♞ ♟♙♗ ♘ ♟ ♛ ♕ ♜ ♝ ♞

My favorite has to be FMA, both the Manga and the Anime are wonderful.

I also really enjoy the .hack Manga.

My favorite without a doubt is Naoki Urasawa's Monster. The manga and anime are an absolute masterpiece, with the best villain I have ever seen in television or film. It's a shame that the series is as under-appreciated as it is, and I hope the upcoming HBO adaptation by Guillermo del Toro will usher in some new fans.

Previous favorites were No.6 and Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo.

Hmm... I have 2.

Favorite Shonen: Fairy Tail

Lucy a mage who would like to join a guild named Fairy Tail meets Natsu, a Dragon slayer who helps her join the guild. Along with other Fairy Tail friends, including group members Grey Fullbuster and Titania Erza Queen of The Fairies, our duo saves the world from constant peril.

Favorit Shojo: Ouran High School Host Club

After joining the ouran elite academy for rich kids by scholarship, a commoner, Harouhi Fujiyoka breaks an expensive vase that belongs to Ourans Host club, and In order to pay off the debt she owes, Harouhi must dress like a guy and work it off by joining the host club.

My favorite anime would most definitely be Monster, an astounding series that brings up interesting points that stimulate thinking.

Fairy Tail.

I have always been in love with RPG's, I am talkin the original fantasy, magic, and monsters kind of RPG's. And when Fairy Tail came out it was like I was living in an epic RPG that I never wanted to end. Magic guilds, special powers, cool weapons, awesome characters, ranks, rewards....I could not ask for anything more. It was a dream come true for me when I found that anime, I struck gold and I adore it.

Oh man... Another thread where I cannot pick just one favorite.

Sailor Moon was my very first anime and I will always have a place in my heart for it. (Oh, Endymion...)

I'm also loving the remake of it so far. (They're finally acknowledging the scouts and Endymion's knights romances!)

Ouran High School's Host Club is definitely one of my favorites. (/sigh/ Mori-senpai...)

And FMA: Brotherhood! OH man! Just... how could you not love that shit?

I also have a big Escaflowne weakness. Along with Outlaw Star, Inuyasha, and Yu Yu Hakusho.

And no judging! But I love Kill La Kill sooooo much. I know it's really heavy on the nudity and can be so silly it distracts some from the plot, but... the plotline is so good! It even explains why the nudity is
needed in the show! Ugh... I just love it.

As for favorite manga/manwha, I loved Wife of the Sea God (manwha), Goong (best manwha and drama ever!), and Fruits Basket (manga). (Ugh! Why didn't they finish the anime!)

I'm sure there is more, but I can't really recall them all at the moment. I'm at work, which limits plenty of personal recollection. lol

Favorite Anime so far would be Sword Art Online when it came to action stuff. Although I started it for the plot of being in a game which death in there meant death in life as well, unlike others i realized that for the main character to really develop and avoid being stuck in a plot which in order to continue would mean dragging on each floor clear for the series to sure; in short leaving SAO the game was a good choice for the series to go on and was welcomed, at least by me.

For comedy I really enjoyed Angel Beats and other anime that studio produced, some of which i believe included clannad, and little busters. However I do find that the ending is a bit sad, espeically if u felt invested into the characters like i do.

My favorite anime: Sword Art Online, Tonari no Kaibutsu, One Piece

My favorite manga: Skip Beat, Tokyo Crazy Paradise, Red River, and many more!

My favorite anime has to be The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. I'd say the same for manga, but I'm personally not a fan from the two volumes I read. The artwork is kinda...meh. I prefer the light novels over the manga any day.

I guess my current favorite manga has to be The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan. Now if this was back when I first started to read manga, I'd have to say Cardcaptor Sakura. (Fun fact: That was the first manga series I ever completed.)

Favorite anime goes to: Heaven's Lost Property (Sora no Otoshimono), Sekirei, SAO, and Black Butler

Favorite Manga goes to: Regis Nex & Cavalier of the Abyss, and Sora no Otoshimono

Favorite Anime... that's a hard one... cause I do like sooooo many :D but if I had to break it down to three... I would say:

Death Note

Mirai Nikki

Beelzebub

For Manga I'd say:

Berserk

Kuroshitsuji

aaaand SAO.

My favorite anime: Kaiji, Monogatari series, Madoka Magica, Love Live, and NGE.

Manga: Battle Royale (first manga I ever read), JoJo, Devilman, and Onani Master Kurosawa.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back