• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Fateful Spread OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Sorry, i can't use discord since i don't have internet (i'm on my phone, using a data plan) so if there is something important please let me know in here

i declare that we will be kicking this thing off with an ic thread sometime in the next 24 hours so

Ayama Ayama aphrodisiac aphrodisiac Strawberry Ink Strawberry Ink Neo Alice Neo Alice triples triples Tulik Tulik Stitches and Patchwork Stitches and Patchwork RedLeftHand36 RedLeftHand36 Squad141 Squad141 Moomba Moomba

all of you, if you wish to join the discord, be sure to dm me for the invite. otherwise, this here is the place to start making your plans and asking questions. anyone that hasn't completed a character yet, you're fine. additional cast members can be cycled into the story at any time.

that is all. gamemaster out

In order to be prepared, could you tell me if the city is going to be inhabited by normal npc? If it is, then our fights would have to be secret or something? Also, do we know or our fortuna knows how to recognize other humans with a bond?

the city is inhabited, think something like new york city. (most of) the fortuna don't care one way or another about humans' well-being, but do keep in mind that fortuna are unable to sense each other or tell who might be an ally to one; so going on a rampage in the city may well put them at a disadvantage if they're not doing it strategically.

that said, whereas there are fortuna that will just select an ally at random, others may choose their allies based on very specific criteria; and it may be possible to smoke out some fortuna by exploiting their natures, or looking for signs of their auras.

And can we add locations to the city (i. e. Towers, Parks) or only you will decide the distribution of the map? Also, is money going to be important? Aside from a social-status aspect i mean

basic setting details, like locations and the like, will become canon the moment they're included in a post. more advanced details, like pinning something down about how the fortuna work, should be noted and cleared with me either in the ooc, the discord, or dms if you want to be sneaky.

unless you want to play up the drama of it for plot purposes or what have you, keeping track of money won't be necessary. some fortuna might consider their human's finances in their criteria, but i hope to see characters from pretty much all over the socioeconomic spectrum

the ic thread is now up. we're doing buffet rules here: everyone gets a post before anyone gets seconds. once the first round of posts is done, i'll ask folks to please make a post here when you're writing your ic posts so that we don't get any accidental overlap. and as always, please remember to communicate with each other so we're not leaving anyone out.

if you don't want to introduce your character yet, just post here to skip this round. if your fortuna is human-less, again post here and see if anyone wants to make a human for them. and if you are currently entirely character-less, that's also fine, just post here with any updates or questions or what have you.

we're still waiting on first posts from Neo Alice Neo Alice and aphrodisiac aphrodisiac ! (aphrodisiac, if you want someone to play Iustitia's partner, drop a line here and i'm sure someone will take you up on it!) and of course, if you want to skip the intro for now, post here to say so

Ayama Ayama and Stitches and Patchwork Stitches and Patchwork are both working on characters still, so you can update us here as to whether you'll be ready for a first post soon, or if you'd like to make an appearance later on

and i believe RedLeftHand36 RedLeftHand36 is currently preparing a human character to go with the moon, so let's all look forward to that

this has been your daily roleplay update~

I'm open to playing extra humans and/or Fortunae if anyone's character is in need of a partner, but it'll take me a bit to get CSes and intros done 'cause of RL taking up time and code revamps. Hopefully I should have time to nail stuff down this weekend~

Omg i'm sorry, i didn't see the notification. I'll make my post right away

we're still waiting on first posts from Neo Alice Neo Alice and aphrodisiac aphrodisiac ! (aphrodisiac, if you want someone to play Iustitia's partner, drop a line here and i'm sure someone will take you up on it!) and of course, if you want to skip the intro for now, post here to say so

Ayama Ayama and Stitches and Patchwork Stitches and Patchwork are both working on characters still, so you can update us here as to whether you'll be ready for a first post soon, or if you'd like to make an appearance later on

and i believe RedLeftHand36 RedLeftHand36 is currently preparing a human character to go with the moon, so let's all look forward to that

this has been your daily roleplay update~

here's the latest game errata, mostly from discord:
  • players can't leave the city. no word yet on whether they are physically incapable of leaving, or if they will just lose the game if they do
  • the minor arcana will make an appearance in some capacity. current prevailing concept is that they be used as some kind of power-up items. vote now!
  • fortuna are barred from directly interfering with allies other than their own

As the Tower has been relinquished, the Left Hand of destiny claims it. Let it be known that the ziggurat that overlooks the clashing seas of calamity will have the waves dash the rocks of all things held dearly.

here's the latest game errata, mostly from discord:
  • players can't leave the city. no word yet on whether they are physically incapable of leaving, or if they will just lose the game if they do
  • the minor arcana will make an appearance in some capacity. current prevailing concept is that they be used as some kind of power-up items. vote now!
  • fortuna are barred from directly interfering with allies other than their own

I would prefer the prison aspect of not being able to leave.

The minor arcana... Maybe they should be like the Fortuna but since they are weaker they only bond with Ancient Relics, giving them special powers. (Maybe this is the general idea too but "power up items" sounded like a 1 time limited use to me)

So they can buff us, right? (Our own fortuna)

oof, i really am super inactive on this account. this concept is super interesting but i’m afraid i’ll have to drop out, i wouldn’t want to hold the roleplay down just because of my schedule. have fun you guys!

The minor arcana... Maybe they should be like the Fortuna but since they are weaker they only bond with Ancient Relics, giving them special powers. (Maybe this is the general idea too but "power up items" sounded like a 1 time limited use to me)
The one that we talked about the most was the Suit of Swords, which would be weapons of some kind, and might change based on who's using them.

Idea:
Suit of Cups - Specific magical liquids that you can drink to power you through the rest of the game; One time thing for one person only. Though specializing in partnership and the state of the mind of the self, this suit is more jack of all trades compared to the other suits, and thus a master of none.
Suit of Swords - Weapons, obviously, but not necessarily one's you'd use against each other. For example, the Ace of swords, representing breakthroughs and success, would act more as a boon than an actual weapon, whereas the Ten of Swords, moreso representing death and doom as well as resistance to those kinds of things, would certainly make for a powerful and deadly weapon. This suit would be most appropriate for those concerning themselves with actual fighting.
Suit of Pentacles - In this case, it would be more apt to use the original suit, the Suit of Coins, though they are one and the same. After all, Pentacles can be defined as coin-like talismans with pentagrams inscribed upon them, and that's exactly what I suggest they be. This suit specializes in financial prosperity, wealth, and working. A businessman would quite enjoy this suit.
Suit of Wands - Also referred to the Suit of Batons, but that sounds rather silly, so we'll stick to wands. Like, almost actual wands. Twigs, small rods of thin metal, stuff like that. Incense, maybe? None of that wingardium leviosa stuff, though. Not unlike the Suit of Cups, there is plenty of focus on the self, but where the Suit of Cups focuses on the more charismatic and social elements on the self, the Suit of Wands focuses on reinforcing the mind and body, like a midway between Cups and Swords. If you find yourself or an ally lacking in competence, this is the Suit for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back