• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

FATE RPG?

NovaPheonix

Drifting Writer
I'd be interested in running a RPG using the FATE engine on these forums. It's one of my favorite systems to use for creative and fun roleplays. The idea of the system is that it is focused more on ideas/words than stats and can be great for doing generic or multi-genre games. It uses a really simple 4-six sided dice roll and isn't very complex to learn. I've tried running it on a forum before, and it only failed due to me being unable to gather enough people. Part of the game is that the players co-operate to build characters and setting, so the plot of the RP will be determined by who joins. Anyone who is interested, please reply and I'll see how many applicants I end up with.

This is definitely what I'm looking for. I have a character made up already....

kbeix3.jpg

Played by||GardeniaSky

? SYVERIS//ANADELLE ?

• age//TWENTY-SIX//

profession//ALCHEMAGI//

skills://ALCHEMICAL MAGICS//

Maybe - depends on the setting. I prefer to see a more developed concept when going into even a FATE game.

GardeniaSky said:
This is definitely what I'm looking for. I have a character made up already....
I could make this character work for the system, though I suggest limiting yourself to about 3-5 powers only out of the ones you listed. At least, that's how this system works by default (I could modify the rules). I counted out about 9 based on your sheet, though the buffs could be changed to items instead of powers.

Grey said:
Maybe - depends on the setting. I prefer to see a more developed concept when going into even a FATE game.
Hm, that's fair. I'll see who wants to join, and if you're in, you could help develop the setting to fit your desires for sure.

I'm going to give it until this weekend, because I'm busy with IRL stuff for now. Then we'll start.

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE="Sir Nate]Like fate/stay night?

[/QUOTE]
Not like Fate/Stay Night. Though I did make a joke a few times that I could run that kind of game within the system as well.

No concept without context. 'Fantasy' is a broad umbrella.

I'm assuming we're going with more high adventure, high fantasy?

[QUOTE="Shining Lotus Sage]Core or Accelerated?

[/QUOTE]
Core.

Grey said:
No concept without context. 'Fantasy' is a broad umbrella.
I'm assuming we're going with more high adventure, high fantasy?
I'm thinking High-Adventure could work.

Now I'm just wondering what kind of game @Sir Nate would want to play. I don't mind it being highly fantastical, since we already have a very strong alchemist in the party. It could also have Sci-fi elements or other genres if you wish.

[QUOTE="Sir Nate]Is hard to understand still.

[/QUOTE]
It's basically just creating a character concept for a RP, particularly for Fantasy...but it can be anything.

Sir Nate]Alright. Do what now? [/QUOTE] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/13761-sir-nate/ said:
@Sir Nate[/URL], I'm just trying to figure out what kind of character you want to play.

...No. It's a tabletop roleplaying game. It's the one being used for this RP.

You can download the core .pdf for free from that site - the pricetag is recommended rather than enforced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back