Fate/Resurrection OOC Thread

Didn't get tagged *sniffles* no love! Hopefully @Darkholme enjoys the small bits of detail I put in it! (I know he probably doesn't, probably drove him crazy cause I can't shut up and basically jotted down my brainstorming and its likely one big ramble without any concrete ideas. xD ) but... to ease any issues up...

c11b035c823c557af3e97ff2e2886a85.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't get tagged *sniffles* no love! Hopefully @Darkholme enjoys the small bits of detail I put in it! (I know he probably doesn't, probably drove him crazy cause I can't shut up and basically jotted down my brainstorming and its likely one big ramble without any concrete ideas. xD ) but... to ease any issues up...

c11b035c823c557af3e97ff2e2886a85.jpg

B-but I tagged you...

Says the only person with a servant who hasn't followed instructions and made a thread like they were suppose to :@

I wasn't given the okay to yet! I'm a good girl who does what she is told exactly!

I wasn't given the okay to yet! I'm a good girl who does what she is told exactly!

Ok for what? All you're suppose to do is make a thread titled your class in the appropriate section and leave it.

You already got approved for your slot, so you can at least post the blank topic in the CS forum. Or don't leave it blank, makes it easier for me to see what you've been working on.

aside: Don't concern yourself with prettying up your CS and making it look super neat with a custom template or anything, I'm basically going to ruin all that anyway.

I have a question about magecraft. I am far enough into the vn to know a little bit about the main elements, but you say every family has their own unique way? Could you give me an example of a unique way? Also, if magecraft is unique, will elements be in play or what? I will work on my CS once these questions are out of the way. I might have more later though.

@Darkholme

Oh... okay haha thought I was suppose to give an official okay. I'll do it later once I get time to do much gotta respond to 1 RP and then I'll do it. ^^

I have a question about magecraft. I am far enough into the vn to know a little bit about the main elements, but you say every family has their own unique way? Could you give me an example of that unique way? Also, if magecraft is unique, will elements be in play or what? I will work on my CS once these questions are out of the way. I might have more later though.

@Darkholme

The form of magecraft you choose is basically the steps you take in order to utilize magecraft, if that makes any sense. In layman's terms, if different sets of instructions can lead to the same end result, the different forms of magecraft are those sets of instructions. That being said, different forms of magecraft can vary wildly, and tend to have their own unique features. Using FSN as an example, Rin's family magecraft was jewel magic, which drew pre-stored mana from gemstones in order to fuel her magic. Shirou's magecraft was also unique to him, but unfortunately for him, it only allowed him a high degree of proficiency in sword projection. His adoptive father had a form of magecraft called Innate Time Control, which allowed him to control the flow of time within his own body, to accelerate or slow down different aspects of it as needed. It's incredibly difficult to explain, especially considering there are very few examples of "generic" magecraft.

Basically, you could make a more "generic" mage with a little unique flair to it, or just give your character an interesting superpower and use that as the basis of your magecraft.

TL;DR families had their own unique magic. The Fraga used rune magic while the Ainsworth used a sort of spatial replacement magic. Think of it a lot like superpowers, how in most settings you have one specific power. Wolverine could heal, Cyclops could shoot laser beams from his eyes, etc etc etc. It's a lot like that but with magic. Each family had it's own unique magic that it could use that no one else could.

Alright, just to be certain I understand it all, we get our own type of magic along with the affinity for the main elements?

Alright, just to be certain I understand it all, we get our own type of magic along with the affinity for the main elements?

I don't think you expressly need an affinity, but yeah more or less. Basically there's 'generic' magic which most mages learn how to do, simple spells and the like. More physical-oriented mages generally know some type of reinforcement spell as an example. Then you have the unique family magic which is built up by family lines into something only they know how to do. So if you're a full and proper mage you'd have your unique family magic and then know a variety of utility spells as well.

So can I assume that we will be able to use lesser spells besides the magecraft on our character app during the RP? With permission of course.

So can I assume that we will be able to use lesser spells besides the magecraft on our character app during the RP? With permission of course.

How much you know about more "generic" magecraft depends entirely on how much your character had been trained in it, and/or how much they've researched and practiced it.

Aye! Pssh, not liking my character who has EX everything except magic where they have a A++. Pfft hater of my cool idea!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back