• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Fate/Over Zero

Assassin
The Church
Assassin took a brief moment to shift into his spectral state, feeling out the world with his magecraft- again. This was a particularly tedious task, as he wasn't used to constantly using his talents in such a manner. His eyes scanned the room, searching for a spirit- a wraith in particular, something he wasn't quite positive he encountered in life. And the possibility of having his master about was the primary reason that this infernal priest wasn't dead. It was an insult to him to work for the Einzbern- let alone this Priest.

He would step forwards, intending to figure out where this wraith might be- and to get them dispelled in the case of them being not his master, and merely a local haunt.

Birdsie Birdsie
Dalamus Ulom Dalamus Ulom

Last edited:
Clovis Savatier
Church

After a brief moment, a small bible would lift up from a neaby pew, before being tossed in front of Ninsei.
* * * * *​
In the spectral realm, Clovis rolled his eyes at Ninsei's request. Of course it was him. But, then, Ninsei wouldn't really be able to tell that, what with Clovis being invisible to almost everyone. So, grabbing a bible from a nearby pew, he tossed it lightly in front of Ninsei. There.

Behind Ninsei, Assassin had gone into spectral form, and would be able to see Clovis, though he was tinged in shades of blue and purple.
"Hey Assassin. Good job on dealing with Beserker back there."

HTCOR HTCOR Birdsie Birdsie

Bhaxter Brooks
"Yeah. Nice to meet you too, miss. Uhm, Lancer..."

Bhaxter sighed as his servant dumped a pile of snacks at his feet, and starting to tear up at the inability to choose between drinks.He sighed, and picked up what he could afford before grabbing both drinks in Lancer's grasp. Placing everything on the counter, he emptied his wallet, tore some bags from the hanger next to the cash register, and filled them with his purchases. taking a bite out of a candy bar, he waved to Rose, and turned to walk out.

"There, we got all the snacks and coffee we can carry. Let's go home. Before mom wakes up and kills me..."

Bhaxter sent a light charge into the wrapper, stiffening it as he tossed it straight into the garbage.

---

Bhaxter rolled around gently in bed, soft groans emanating from him as he dragged the blanket over his shoulder, a drop of sweat rolling down the side of his face.

Girouette Girouette

Assassin
The Church
Assassin shifted a bit uncomfortably upon the compliment, not quite knowing if it was sarcastic or serious. "Master. The main problem is that....Beserker is still alive. I don't detect the death of any Servants. And...well. I did hit their master with my best Noble Phantasm." The man stated, a scowl upon his face. "As you can tell...that's a severe issue." This entire conversation would be utterly gone from Kotomine's point of view, as it was merely a talk between spirits. He would scowl slightly, looking at his master. "I attempted to keep your command seals intact, but....I'm afraid I know not of whom to give them to, to be frank. It is not an easy choice to decide upon a master- the best option I have offhand is your friend, the Second Owner."

And so Assassin would patiently await a reply, a keen sense of quiet happiness coming off him. He did agree with his original master the most, and he would attempt to keep them in the world proper.

Birdsie Birdsie

Clovis Savatier
Spiritual World: The Church
Clovis smiled, a light chuckle escaping from between his spectral lips. "Yes yes, I know Beserker's still alive. I was there, after all. Saddly, the Dead Apostle also survived, but that was my failure, not yours. But that doesn't matter now, we have the greatest advantage any pairing has ever had in a Grail War. They believe that my death is the sign of our loss. But they are wrong." Clovis said.

"And don't worry about my command seals, or the idea of finding a new master. The Einzberns are bastards, but they do provide to those who work for them. We shall still win this war."

"Would you please tell Ninsei I need the Einzberns Insurance? He'll know what you mean when you tell him,"

Christina Kimmich
Night 1: Christina's House.​

"I agree. Going about this too hastily would most likely end us in dying, well me at least." Christina paused to take a deep breath, "Or cause too many mistakes. A few here and there might be okay, but too many would also..." She paused once more before loudly exclaiming, "You guessed it! Resulting death!" She had stood up and threw her hands up in the air as she exclaimed this. Christina looked over at Caster and sat back down, "Your flair for the dramatic is... infectious... I dislike it." Christina sighed and leaned back in her chair, slowly running her fingers through her hair.

"I suppose a somewhat lengthy war might be fun for you, but I would rather it not turn into a war of attrition." Christina said in a serious tone, pinching the bridge of her nose before shaking. Sadly her servant didn't have any plans, and seemed to be as clueless as Christina was. The fact that she had some plans for later in the war was a bit unsettling and suspicious though the Master did not press her servant about that. Christina narrowed her eyes at Caster as she proclaimed that they would have their servants go off and fight the war for them. While it was somewhat reassuring, it also ticked Christina for some reason. Those other servants would be trouble for any enemy, but they most likely aren't Caster's trump card, they flaunt it too openly.

"I do indeed have a plan." Christina said slowly and clearly, leaning forward and propping her chin up on her right palm. Her eyes darted over to the window to the right of her, "Ruler. We need to dispose of him. I have a feeling he would be trouble if we did not. If he were to be persuaded to join a Master as well... Things would get sticky." She glanced back over at Caster and huffed, "I also believe we should try and dispose of Berserker. We should probably stay clear of Assassin, or even ally with them for a bit..." After telling Caster her plans, Christina sat their solemnly and stared at her Servant.

Xel Xel

Berserker
Moving around at the speed of sound

As the amorphous figure took shape over his shoulder, he slowly began to understand a bit more about what sort of creature his master was. He'd never really had the opportunity to find out more about that, in between his constant state of activity since he was summoned, and the fact that he couldn't actually speak. Nevertheless, once they had finished reforming their body, and confirmed the fact that Saber was in hot pursuit, he was finally able to switch from a leisurely jog, into a full blown sprint. He had unfinished business with that servant, but he refused to fight at anything less than his full power. As he went into full tilt, he leapt up into the air, and stretched his arm out. A green symbol appeared in front of his open palm: 木. As he did so, he once again started to run on the air itself, but this time there seemed to be a turbulent force of air propelling him forward even faster than he could naturally. Sure that no servant could possibly follow him short of Rider, he made a beeline straight for his master's mansion.

Once he arrived at the front door of said mansion, he rather unceremoniously dropped his master onto the ground. He looked down at her, with a rather displeased expression on his face, breathing heavily. He was clearly not pleased. About the fact that he had been ordered around. The fact that he had to reveal a noble phantasm to the enemy against his will. The fact that they were no better off than when they set out, despite his master's promises to the contrary. He merely stood there, continuing to look at her, waiting for her explanation.

Kose hit the floor and turned into a pool of jelly. The fleshy, adipose lake just spread out away from his feet, with a cartoon-like mouth with spinning eyes was the only feature on the fleshy thing. She looked up at Berserker, and groaned out, "Okay, Okay I get it! I fucked up! I just had my body exploded like a hand grenade and if you had any other master, you would have run out of mana by now! Plus, that Assassin didn't show much weakness after his master died... I pray he doesn't have the ability to survive without a master..." Tiny snippets of flesh grew to knit her body, making her into a smaller snake lady. She groaned and cursed aloud, "I'll research a better target, I thought Assassin was supposed to be the weakest of all the servants, and yet you couldn't protect me from him, and he couldn't protect his master from you... So I have no god damn idea on what to do here!"

She would hopefully slither away for enough time to give birth to a small child version of herself to go to the supermarket and buy lots of cheap candy and buy 1 get 1 free deals. She was a bit afraid of Berserker though, so she quickly popped open a covered book called 'Percy Jackson and the Gods of Olympus' or something like that. A red bookmark came out of the top, telling a special spot...

(Sorry for the long wait, I was waiting for Saber cause I thought they were going to follow)

CasterChristina's House: Night 1

79aq0lZ.jpg
Caster held the biggest beaming grin on their face as they cupped their cheeks in their hands while watching their Master have her own moment of theatrics. They took immense joy in seeing their Master's reactions, after all. Regardless of their Master's views on the war they still had no intention of ending it prematurely. She might not like the idea of a war of attrition, but they did. A Holy Grail War wasn't a common occurrence, it was something to be treasured. Still, they could sympathize with their Master's plight. They didn't have a wish they knew about, the war was disrupting their daily routine. They couldn't fight, didn't want to fight. And to top it all off was the very risk of death. But while Caster could understand their Master's woes, Caster was not above being selfish in their desires.

They held their gaze firmly on their Master, their eyes sparkling in excitement at the mention of a plan. They were eager to see what their Master might come up with. As Christina spoke Caster had a difficult time stifling their laughter. They only managed long enough to let the woman finish before losing their composure into a fit of laughter. "I.. I'm sorry~!" Caster managed to eek out an apology amidst their laughs. After a few moments Caster calmed themselves down with a deep breath and wiped away the tears that had welled up in their eyes. "Master... Those aren't plans, those are goals..." Even regaining their composure the whole thing still seemed immensely hilarious to Caster. "And taking out Ruler? How bold~" They leaned back in their chair, taking another deep breath to finally erase the last hold-outs of amused giggles. "I really do love you, Master. But Ruler? Berserker I can understand, but Ruler? I suppose it's possible, nothing's impossible for me after all! But still... Ruler... Hmm..." Caster brought their index finger to their chin and tapped it thoughtfully at the prospect. Rulers themselves were rarely something they wouldn't be able to deal with. The issue always lay with the two command seals Ruler would invariably have. And from what they'd seen of Ruler's personality he wouldn't hesitate to make use of them.

"Well, Master, if you wish you to take out Ruler it will be no easy task. He has command seals over me same as you. And even with as powerful a wizard I might be, even I can not ignore their commands...." Of course, that didn't mean they couldn't ignore the effects of the command seals. Being forced to follow an order was hardly the same as actually succeeding with that order. But such defenses would take time and preparation. Caster let out a slow huff of air as they slapped their thighs and got to their feet. "Alright, I'll see what I can do about Ruler, but that'll have to wait. Besides, I still want to find out why he's even in this war to begin with. So until I find that out I'm vetoing any attempt at killing him. We'll have to play a normal Grail War for the time being." Caster walked around the table to seat themselves upon it's surface next to their Master, their feet dangling off the ground to sway back and forth gently.

"As for Berserker, I'm not sure about that one. He seems like a really strong servant. I'd have to actually get serious to fight him and it's far too early in the war for that." They waved their hand dismissively at the idea. They had seen enough of Berserker's fights to know that he wasn't a servant that they could toy around with. "I'd much rather face Archer or Rider, but their presence in the war has been quite lacking so far. In fact, I don't believe I've seen Archer in any regard." The thought caused them to look up and off to the side for a moment before shrugging and turning their focus back on their master. "It would probably be best to get an ally you so desire before throwing ourselves at Berserker. So since those are two things you seem to want, perhaps we should start there?"

Iskandar Iskandar

Berserker
Downtime at the mansion

You couldn't protect me. That line seemed to strike a nerve with Berserker, as it raced through his head again and again. You couldn't protect me. Of course he couldn't. She had ordered him to kill the enemy master, with a command seal no less. He had to obey. You couldn't protect me. He had no choice, and it was her fault. Visibly enraged, Berserker raised his arm, and slammed it down on the ground where his master was standing not even moments ago, cracking the floor as it impacted. He exhaled sharply through his nose, glaring at his master as she tried to make herself scarce. No matter. He'd already thought of a solution. He turned around, as the pair went their separate ways for the rest of the day. He settled in the same room as he had previously, and returned to his meditative state, entering his spirit form.

As the later hours began to fall upon the city, it would become evident to Berserker that he was far too aggravated to actually accomplish anything useful in his meditation. Regardless, the rest had still done him well, but he'd have to deal with the situation of his master tonight if he wanted to make any progress in this war. Rising to his feet, Berserker made his way into the room that his master was occupying. His material form began to take shape, as he reached out an arm to his master. Once his form was fully present, he grabbed her, forcefully slinging her over his shoulder. As he started to understand how his master worked, he had thought of a way to solve their issues. It certainly wasn't morally correct, but he didn't care. He'd achieve victory at any cost, except the cost of his own pride as a hero. His new baggage in tow, he darted through the halls, and dashed out of the front door into the city. He was on a hunt.

Assassin
The Church
Assassin took a moment to nod, before shifting back into the normal realm. His footsteps found their way in front of the Priest, before a voice spoke. "My Master would like for you to enact the Einzbern Insurance on him." There wasn't anything else to be said, as he would sit down on a pew. The man was done talking to the irritating priest for the night.

And so Assassin would begin to check his Contender, looking over the Noble Phantasm for any marks that might have been left on it, and any flaws he could find.

Birdsie Birdsie

Ninsei Kotomine
Church

"But of course," he replied. "I will call the Einzberns at once and order a homunculus prepared."

Ninsei walked over and took the briefcase into his hands. This would be required in order to finish the transplantation procedure. Of course, even then, that would be very miraculous if it worked. Well, whatever. Possession isn't that rare. It's possible for Clovis to possess a body that was prepared for it. Ninsei held the briefcase with the arm in his right hand and walked over to the back of the church, to make the call.

HTCOR HTCOR Dalamus Ulom Dalamus Ulom

Assassin
The Church
The first action of the Servant was to fade into the spectral realm, glancing over at the place his master was last. "So you're going to become akin to my sister-in-law, aren't are you?" There was a tinge of amusement in his voice at this revelation. Assassin was equal amounts amused and disturbed at this thought- he was going to be controlled by someone who would look almost exactly like his wife. That was going to be awkward in most degrees, however, but he would endure. He would need to.

"Or are we going to be siblings, as you'll share my hair color?" There was a faint grin on his face, hidden by his facemask and hood. "Or even worse- am I to pose as your lover? If so, didn't know you were into men."

Christina
Christina's House: Strategy Session.
Christina looked at Caster with a dumbfounded look before she too started to laugh, her plans were indeed bold and even reckless and thus it was funny to the normally cautious and methodical detective. She wiped a few tears away that had welled up in the corner of her eyes before speaking, "You are quite right. Though goals are good outlines for one to formulate a plan. Gives you something to base it around and work out the kinks and intricacies." The woman paused and took a moment to catch her breath, "Yes, Ruler. While I think it is foolish to try and dispose of him at all, it may have to be done. He is a wildcard and I don't like that. For now though I suppose we will have to divert our focus from him. Would rather use not get pummeled. While he is not our enemy now... He is still the one I'd like to see us get rid of." Her servant was right that Ruler didn't make much sense to try and take on so earlier, but at least she could see some reasoning in Christina's choice for going after Berserker.

"Thank you, Caster. I get why you think that going after Ruler would be a bit foolish and rashful. For now I think we just try to steer clear of him and try to dig up any information on him. Habits, true name, maybe even weakness. For all we know he could be a creepy Lolicon." Christina shrugged at Caster as she said the last part before offering a smile, "I too agree on the Vetoing of going after Ruler. Sooner or later we will probably have to though, and I would like for us to be well prepared to do so." She looked at Caster as the Servant strode over towards her and got up on the table and began to swing their legs. They were like a little child in a lot of aspects, it was almost endearing.

Christina flashed Caster a somewhat wicked and sadistic smile as the Servant expressed their concerns about going after Berserker, "And that is why we have our allies take him out. If Berserker lasts too long he could become a real problem. We could always try to lure him to say Saber and have them rip each other apart, or as I said have an ally attempt to defeat them. We'd probably have to help, but it would take a whole lot off your plate." Christina closed her eyes and rubbed her chin while thinking, "Archer would probably be best. Riders are typically the antithesis of Casters... best to stay clear of that team for a while." She nodded for herself, making a few sounds before opening her eyes and standing up, "I agree. Finding an ally or two should be our number one goal. We should also check in with the overseer. There should be one... unless he died or something. Though that is doubtful."

Xel Xel

Berserker
Downtime at the mansion

You couldn't protect me. That line seemed to strike a nerve with Berserker, as it raced through his head again and again. You couldn't protect me. Of course he couldn't. She had ordered him to kill the enemy master, with a command seal no less. He had to obey. You couldn't protect me. He had no choice, and it was her fault. Visibly enraged, Berserker raised his arm, and slammed it down on the ground where his master was standing not even moments ago, cracking the floor as it impacted. He exhaled sharply through his nose, glaring at his master as she tried to make herself scarce. No matter. He'd already thought of a solution. He turned around, as the pair went their separate ways for the rest of the day. He settled in the same room as he had previously, and returned to his meditative state, entering his spirit form.

As the later hours began to fall upon the city, it would become evident to Berserker that he was far too aggravated to actually accomplish anything useful in his meditation. Regardless, the rest had still done him well, but he'd have to deal with the situation of his master tonight if he wanted to make any progress in this war. Rising to his feet, Berserker made his way into the room that his master was occupying. His material form began to take shape, as he reached out an arm to his master. Once his form was fully present, he grabbed her, forcefully slinging her over his shoulder. As he started to understand how his master worked, he had thought of a way to solve their issues. It certainly wasn't morally correct, but he didn't care. He'd achieve victory at any cost, except the cost of his own pride as a hero. His new baggage in tow, he darted through the halls, and dashed out of the front door into the city. He was on a hunt.

Welp, okay, she was on the road again. She learned the one thing she needed though and decided it was time to hold it next to her heart like a poker card. The immortal words that will bind Wukong to her will. The cover would fall off the book as she tried to hold onto it though, revealing it was Journey to the West. She sighed, looking down to the stiff holding he had on her. She was too exhausted from fearing for her life and having her head blown off to even care anymore. She groans out, "...Why did I have to get stuck with the only servant in this entire war I am going to die trying to keep alive and can't talk to?!" She went into a low consciousness mode, keeping some little awareness while her little child body went off to buy food. Hopefully, she could gather enough mass there to reform a second main body, splitting into a duo and drinking blood tell she could exist no matter what the Berserker did to her...

Berserker
On the road again

He glanced at his shoulder for a moment, as his master dwelled on the situation she found herself in. Thoughts of how she was ungrateful, annoying, a liability, should have summoned someone else, and so on and so forth raced through his head. Ungrateful especially, considering that the hunt he was currently on wasn't for his sake. He looked forward again, continuing to race through the streets, looking for something...a building that perhaps nobody cared about. A large residential one, in a run down area. Perfect. He believed he had a semblance of how his master operated as a creature and a magus, and intended to strengthen her...regardless of if she wanted it or not.

Coming to a dead stop in front of an older looking apartment building, Berserker rather unceremoniously dropped his master at the doorstep of the building. The small apartment complex certainly seemed to have signs of life within. Surely in an area this decrepit, nobody who went missing from this building would be missed. Once his master would give him her attention, he would stand opposite the door leading into the building, his arms crossed. He would grunt once, raising his head a couple times toward the building, as if to suggest that she turn her attention to that instead.​

CasterChristina's House: Night 1

79aq0lZ.jpg
Caster leaned back slightly, propping themselves up with their arms as their legs continued to sway back and forth. They and their Master were in total agreement about Ruler, which was always nice. Although while their Master focused more on the wrench Ruler themselves could throw into the war, Caster was more interested in the reason Ruler was summoned at all. Still, their goals lined up so it wasn't a big deal. The berserker issue would be something else entirely. "I don't want to pull out all the stops so early into the war, but playing a support role for another servant would be fine." Caster gave a small nod as they spoke. Another servant taking the brunt of Berserker's might would leave them to enjoy the fight at their leisure.

"Although I don't see what the overseer has to do with anything." They tilted their head to the side slightly, trying to think of why their Master would feel the need to visit the Overseer. "It isn't like they'd be able to help fight Berserker. So shouldn't our focus be on finding a servant to team up with?" They pushed themselves from the table to land back on the floor, straightening their ornate jacket as they stood beside their Master. "Well, either way we wont accomplish anything sitting around here. We may as well get out there and make some magic happen." Caster flashed their Master a smile as they brought their arms up behind their head and started towards the door. Once at the door they came to a stop, turning slightly to look back at their Master. "So I guess we're off to see the Overseer then?"

Iskandar Iskandar

Berserker
On the road again

He glanced at his shoulder for a moment, as his master dwelled on the situation she found herself in. Thoughts of how she was ungrateful, annoying, a liability, should have summoned someone else, and so on and so forth raced through his head. Ungrateful especially, considering that the hunt he was currently on wasn't for his sake. He looked forward again, continuing to race through the streets, looking for something...a building that perhaps nobody cared about. A large residential one, in a run down area. Perfect. He believed he had a semblance of how his master operated as a creature and a magus, and intended to strengthen her...regardless of if she wanted it or not.

Coming to a dead stop in front of an older looking apartment building, Berserker rather unceremoniously dropped his master at the doorstep of the building. The small apartment complex certainly seemed to have signs of life within. Surely in an area this decrepit, nobody who went missing from this building would be missed. Once his master would give him her attention, he would stand opposite the door leading into the building, his arms crossed. He would grunt once, raising his head a couple times toward the building, as if to suggest that she turn her attention to that instead.​

Kose's eyes snapped open, grocery shopping was going to take a lot longer than she would have cared for, but she was able to get access to a chum shipment. Due to her constant shapeshifting, she basically could eat whatever she wanted and make it taste good to her. A hard cooked meal and dirt with some leaves in it would taste the exact same, except for maybe temperature. But that wasn't the matter now, the true matter was the fact that now she was in front of a strange, run down building. But then, a little bit further on she would be dropped down to the true building. She looked up to Berserker, and asked, "...Alright, what do you want me to do? Get you a better place to sleep, cause if that's the case I'll just buy you a nice bed..." She groaned out another sigh before her head snapped up. Wait... Power... apartment... Oh this was going to be good...

Kose, in slightly-immediate understanding, rushed her arm forward in a swarm of flesh and spikes that ate straight through the door! The organic wood would melt down into her body, giving her a bark-like consistency. She rushed forward as a serpent, melting down into hordes of tiny little slitherers. They hid in the carpet, zooming into the feet of coming observers and investigators. They wouldn't live... for the serpents grew impaled veins and climbed up the blood streams of the walking feasts. Within moments, the worms would bloat and immensely expand the organs of the prey, before rupturing into a surge of flesh, wood and teeth that would crunch down, bisecting the body and then furthering the slaughter. Within two minutes, half of the building's tenants had been consumed. The bloody gorging would be turned silent...

Emerging from the building would come a drunk party, exact copies of the corpses that Kose had made. About five minutes... new record. But more importantly, three virgins would emerge out of the building, struggling against their clothes. The living clothes were driving them forward towards the mansion... where Kose would lead her grisly secret. Kose admitted to Berserker, "...I have turn some of these Humans into living blood cows for me. Their bodies cry out in horror as their frames are turned into rubbery, blood balloons. Funny thing about blood... just some salt, water and protein... I can easily synthesize it so that their DNA can be supplied until they expire like the meat sacks they are. And now that I fed..." Kose flexed, her body jiggling with her fresh blood and meat. She tried to hug Berserker, and said, "I am so sorry for mistreating you! I'm not me when I'm hungry! I used way to much DNA in our last fight and lost my mind! Literally!" She nodded, bouncing on her feet. She was still her lithe form due to the party that was going towards her home...

Clovis Savatier
The Church

A few moments after Ninsei left to make the call to the Einzberns for his 'insurance', he would move to one of the pews, reclining slightly. Of course, this was a complete sham, as he couldn't even feel the seat, and could have phased right through it had it not been for his concentration.

"Did you really have to bring that up, Assassin? Seriously, I don't exactly want to bind myself to her, she's just my best choice out of a very modest selection. I could stay a wraith and leave you masterless, become a guardian spirit and also leave you masterless, bind myself to what is basically a mannequin, or become slightly human, at the cost of being the opposite sex. Honestly, not a bad trade off." Clovis explained.

Upon Assassin's mention of Clovis' sexual preference, he would quite simply flip him the bird.

Assassin
The Church
He'd lift his hands in apology. "I'm sorry, then. Sore point and all." There was a brief pause. "...Is it odd that I already have an idea of what to do, to fix such a thing? It would, however, require the grail. Which means either I die, or somehow we manage to...scrounge up seven other servants to die, each of them being of moderate power." His words were simple, as he would sit down upon the bench next to Clovis. "And personally, I'd rather not die again. There's more than enough to see, and more work to do with this world." Assassin paused again. "But...I'll try my best to keep you as stable as possible." The Heroic Spirit gave his companion a brief nod, something to show that he surprisingly cared about him.

His hands slowly beat a small beat into the ground, as he thought. There was more than a few things he could do, pieces that could be accomplished if he had the grail. He knew that he didn't want his initial wish- nor the one he came here with. But enacting the true purpose of the Grail, and learning the process could certainly be useful. It would enable him to do what he never was- a true Savior. Someone who saves, not hurts.

So he would relax, taking in a deep breath. His armor stayed on, as he never knew the main issue with this place- but he hoped that life would go well for his master and him. There were plenty of problems already, to be honest.

Birdsie Birdsie (Since you have familiars and all watching the church.)

Christina
Christina's house -> The Church
Christina got up from her chair and stretched a bit as she offered Caster a small nod, "Agreed. I'd like for you to keep your trump cards up your sleeve for as long as possible. Would be best if we didn't fight at all until the very end, but that seems unlikely. I'm sure someone maybe gunning after us. Or not, we've only ran into Team Lancer as well as Ruler, and neither seem hostile towards us. Then again one of those two servants seemed to have brain damage of some sort." Christina shrugged before walking away from Caster towards the Kitchen area, where some of her things were. She could still hear Caster while gathering her essentials.

"Eh. The Overseer doesn't have much to do, but it would be best to introduce ourselves and try not to get on his bad side. Never know when he could go rogue or something." Christina winced at the thought of the Overseer going rogue and trying to kill everyone. She grabbed her wallet and put on her hoodie and walked back out towards Caster, "Indeed our focus should be finding an ally, and some little birdies have told me some quite valuable information, thus we head to the Church." Christina offered a small smile, not saying anymore about the information that she was able to obtain. Caster was indeed her servant, but she still didn't trust... it. She cleared her throat and headed towards the front door, following the already moving Caster, "You can go into your spectral form if ya want. Should be a relatively short trip to the Church."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The trip to the church was short and sweet, well as sweet as a ten minute walk could be. The air felt heavy and gross with tension, causing Christina to be more alert than normal. She loudly and heavily knocked on the old wooden doors before opening up the entrance to the Church, "Apologies for the intrusion." She offered a short bow to all that were in there, which was only one person apparently. The Priest/Overseer was no where to be seen, but an old and familiar face was. She had only met the man a few times as he was an associate of Clovis, a friend of hers. What was his name... Christina thought to herself before snapping, Ah Akira. Christina took a light step into the church and looked around. It was old and small, not much else could be said about the church other than that.

"Mr. Akira was it? Interesting to see you in a place like this. Didn't take you for a religious man." Christina offered the man a smile as she approached him, though she did not seem surprised to see him here at the Church. She had already pieced a majority of the puzzle together but wasn't a hundred percent sure of her theory, "I see you are alone. Clovis out doing something?" She remained standing up and stared at Akira with one eyebrow up.

Xel Xel
Birdsie Birdsie
HTCOR HTCOR

(not really happy with it, but wanted to advance Christina and Caster a bit, plus get some new interaction in. Sorry for the wait.)

"Akira Kawa"
The Church
Akira, being within his suit by this point in time, just glanced up at Christina. "Didn't get the memo? He's dead." His words were flat, as if apathetic. His bronze eyes watched the woman, as the Magus would pull out his box of cigarettes. He would tap the side repeatedly, a nervous tick.

"Anyways. I assume you're here to register in person-" and he took a moment to hold up his hands, particularly the back. On his right hand was a set of three faded command seals, not a single drop of red in them anymore. "And as you can see, I am a Master no more." And so he would glance towards the door of the church. "Wonder how many others have your courage, to walk here while predators roam."

Presence Concealment - B+ - Active

Iskandar Iskandar
Xel Xel
Birdsie Birdsie

Last edited:
Berserker
At some apartment slum

Having observed his master's reaction to his insistence, he became satisfied that she had gotten the general idea. As she made her way into the building in her own unique way, he slumped down against the wall of the building, seating himself with one knee raised. He hadn't intended to let her leave without consuming enough to allow him to fight at his full effectiveness, but it seemed she didn't need much convincing or coercion. She didn't seem to have any moral opposition to consuming the living, likely due to her vampiric traits, and Berserker himself was willing to do anything to win, morals be damned. Satisfied that his master wouldn't try to escape or go against his plan, he went into his spirit form, resting against the side of the building, yet keeping watch for any potential intruders.

Once she emerged from the building, Berserker once again assumed his corporeal form, still in his seated position, as she went through her bit about what the bodies were being used for. He didn't particularly care about the specifics, especially considering he wasn't in the state of mind to digest the information properly in the first place. As she came in for what appeared to be a hug however, he immediately stood up, towering over her once again. If he was happy about the gratitude being shown, he certainly wasn't showing it. Stepping around her to avoid the maneuver, he looked off into the city, his back turned to his master. He didn't want her to sing his praises. He only wanted to continue with the reason he was summoned to begin with: The War. He looked back over his shoulder, expecting some sort of plan or direction from his master. She would know exactly how much energy she had to expend on his upkeep now, so he decided to let her pick their next engagement - unless another opportunity presented itself.

CasterChurch: Night 1

79aq0lZ.jpg
Caster spun around on their heel to face their Master, watching the woman go about to fetch her things as she spoke. They couldn't disagree with anything their Master said, nor was there much to comment on at that point. Although the idea of the Overseer going rogue was certainly an amusing one. As their Master approached they turned back towards the door and held it open for the woman before quickly falling in behind her. They had a small smile on their lips, it was always cute when their Master tried to play coy even though they had a pretty good idea what was going on. Still Caster said nothing, if their Master wanted to keep secrets then Caster shall let them keep secrets. The mention of going into spirit form finally brought forth a response from the pretty magician. "And miss out on the sights? Never!" Caster took long, exaggerated strides. Their arms were still clasped behind their head giving them a very child-like demeanor as they walked alongside the woman. "There are very few times in this war that I'll enter spirit form, and this is not one of them. Besides, a little walk never hurt anyone."

True to their word Caster's eyes darted around as they made their way to the church. It wasn't often they were afforded a leisurely stroll down the street, this being only the second time so far, so they weren't about to squander the chance by hiding away in spirit form. There was so much to do, so much to see, and Caster was fully intent of making the most of their time on this Earth. Every now and then they spared a glance at their Master. She was enjoying their walk far less than they were. The tension lingering in the air causing the woman to be on edge. They debated doing something about it, but ultimately decided against it. It was their joy to see all sides of their beloved Master. In what seemed like no time at all to Caster they found themselves approaching the church. Far from the grand cathedrals they had seen it was a quaint house of worship.

They followed their Master into the church to be met with only a single occupant. Caster narrowed their eyes slightly and peered closely at the man. They couldn't sense any other servant nearby but they could swear they knew the man. That was when their Master spoke up, addressing the man as if she knew him. With a shrug Caster relaxed and let the two speak. They meandered off to the side to leisurely explore the interior of the Church, drumming their index finger rhythmically on the back of their head as they went. At the mention of courage and predators they gave a quick glance over their shoulder. "No need for courage when she has me!" Caster flashed a smug grin at the man as they made their confident proclamation. There wasn't an ounce of concern coming from the meandering servant. Instead their concern was entirely on admiring the masonry of the building they found themselves in.

Iskandar Iskandar
HTCOR HTCOR
Birdsie Birdsie

OverseerChurch
The supervisor entered the room upon having finished his phone call. He looked calm, composed, and untroubled, more like a Buddhist monk than a priest, but then again, the two aren't that different ideologies when you think about it. Both are advocates of 'peace.'

"My, my. How many visitors I have on one night," Ninsei said somberly. "Correct me if I'm wrong. Christina Kimmich, right? The Second Owner of Marbenca?" He turned to the other woman standing beside her. "-- and you must be Caster, I presume?"

A sickening grin stretched across the Overseer's mouth, revealing his teeth. "How can I help this lost soul?" he asked half-jokingly, "and also, I must press the fact that while regrettable, I suppose it will be worthwhile to inform you that by my order, all battles in the Holy Grail War are suspended. Everyone will now stop fighting to destroy Berserker and his Master, as the two of them threaten the," he looked at Christina, "security... of this ritualistic undertaking." In his last two words, Overseer referred to the Holy Grail War.

Xel Xel
Iskandar Iskandar
HTCOR HTCOR

Christina
Church​

Christina's eyebrow remained raised as Akira informed her that Clovis was dead, she titled her head a bit and looked up at the ceiling before shrugging, "I see. Poor fellow. He was a decent man. I'd consider him a friend. Somewhat. Well, I'll miss him. His sarcasm was always spot on." Her voice was cold and almost uncaring, but she meant every word that she had said. She would watch Akira pull out the box of cigarettes and tap the side repeatedly. She had caught onto this tick of his the last time that they met, as it was quite the obvious one.

"Register?" Christina asked with a curious flutter and watched as he showed her the back of his hand, "What are those exactly? I didn't realize you had some shitty tattoos..." She looked at the hand and the command seals before showing him her hands, not a single command seal on either, "A... master? Of what? Sounds pretty kinky I guess. Didn't know you were into that stuff, Akira." She chuckled lightly before clearing her throat and explaining herself, "Well, I didn't come here for whatever reason you are assuming. Just visiting an old and fond place. I used to come here so much due to my father being extremely religious. He pretty much lived here after my mom died due to it being so close. Just wanted to..." She paused and held back any tears or cracking of the voice, "Reminisce, I guess. The old Priest is long dead but he was a good man. Used to give me candy when ever I stopped by." Christina went silent after that as she looked around the church, the things she told Akira were completely true, minus the fact that she lied about being a master. Plant a lie in the truth and it tends to go unnoticed.

Christina awkwardly chuckled at Caster as they proclaimed Christina had no need for courage as long as they were around. She rubbed the back of her neck before explaining, "This is my new partner. We decided to investigate the Serial Murders that have been occurring around town lately. She's rather green and has an odd sense of humor. Don't mind her. Just a very eccentric character. You meet them when you go into the weirder parts of the City." She stopped there, not wanting to make the lie too unbelievable, though she doubted even Akira would believe this one. Then again, weird things did happen in Marbenca.

Sadly though her lies were all for naught as the Overseer and Priest of the Church revealed himself and pretty much gave her away, "Ah..." She fought back the words clogged in her throat, managing not to scold the Priest, "Indeed. I am Christina and the Second Owner of Marbenca. A pleasure to meet you, Father." She offered a slight bow before looking over at Caster, "Yes, you are correct about that." She sighed and plopped down onto one of the old wooden benches. Christina did not like the Priest at all, he gave off a creepy and almost evil feeling.

Christina was resting her elbows on her knees and hunched over in her seat, it almost looked as if she was praying. She looked up at the overseer and offered a small smile, "I see. If they have a hit on them from you, they either did something you can't condone, or they are something you cannot condone." She looked over at Akira before looking back at the Overseer, "Well, that is that. Glad to see we are on the same page, Father. I'll make sure to restrain myself and Caster from any fights unless it is with Berserker."

Xel Xel Birdsie Birdsie Dalamus Ulom Dalamus Ulom HTCOR HTCOR

Users who are viewing this thread

Back