• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Fate of the Stars of Life (EPISODE 5: Shadow Dojo of the Shadow Ninja)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

CaptainRustbolt21

The Rusty One
Fate of the Stars of Life

No matter how dark the future and fate the Universe seems, there's always a spark of hope.

It was midday within Susan's fleet flagship. Everyone is already up and at them. Ma'arz is attending research in his station for curiosity's sake, Kqidons and Lux are at the simulation room battling some enemies for the fun of it, Hamele is at the medical bay doing little since there are no patients at the moment, and, of course, Captain Susan was at her personal quarters. It was fairly normal enough.​
Until, inevitably, it becomes not.​
Susan is attending to her desk in her private quarters, on the computer. There, she is speaking to someone through her computer via live videophony. "Admiral Christopher." Susan simply greeted the Warship Admiral. "Captain Susan." Admiral Christopher responds. "I request a digital engineer to be brought onto my warship. A vital computer had been destroyed within my bridge." The Admiral explains to the Fleet Captain, maintaining a mature tone.​
"How so?"
"Direct physical action; an officer within the station had punched the screen of the computer, damaging its circuitry."​
"Why would the officer in question do that?"
"I'm afraid I can-" He looks down and making a peal of stifled laughter, making Susan raise an eyebrow. Very quickly, the Admiral recovers and attempts to regain a mature look. "I'm afraid I can't explain the subject matter whilst maintaining a sophisticated posture; it is rather... humorous, to say the least." He explains to the captain, his voice wavering when finishing his sentence.​
Susan nods understandably. "Very well. I do believe I know just the right engineer for the job." Susan responds as she straightens up her jacket and stands up. "I will send a shuttle to the warship holding the engineer. He prefers not to talk, so don't be surprised if he speaks his mind through notes." She continues as she grabs her mouse and begins to hover it over the exit tab on the telephony tab. "You are permitted to hang up." "Yes, Captain." The Admiral acknowledges, saluting to his superior, who salutes back before turning off the telephony.​
Susan exits her personal quarters and wanders off to the hallways of the flagship. She really doesn't know what Lux is doing right now, but rather than using the intercom to grab his attention, Susan would rather just find him physically. After all, she really hasn't got off the computer chair in a while. The first thing that comes to her mind is the cafeteria. Perhaps he is eating lunch here?​

Last edited:
Lux finishes up the wave of enemies by snapping the neck of the simulated Vagrok, and jumps off its back. The simulation dissolves, and he sheathes his knives. He looks to Kqidons. “Was that the highest difficulty?” His face mask says.

Kqidons, who was pretty beat up herself despite gaining several kills, turned to Lux, her mask soaked with simulated blood. “You mean... this is nothing to you?” She asked.

He wiped off his pistol of simulated blood and shook his cloak to clean it in a similar manner. “Not too terribly difficult. A nice challenge, but I wish it was harder.” His face mask says as he goes to the holo-screen to check the difficulty rating.

Hamele is at the medical bay doing little since there are no patients at the moment
Indeed she was, Hamele was practically twiddling her thumbs in boredom, yet remained there as she hopes she will at least have something to do during the day - at some point, yet she needs to remain in the bay if anyone does get injured for some reason; so here she is! Sitting, waiting, and watching - with somewhat bated breath, and a bored animosity taking its hold on her.
The first thing that comes to her mind is the cafeteria. Perhaps he is eating lunch here?
To literally nobody's surprise, the first individual Susan finds in the cafeteria is Bowe, happily eating away and seeming verily satisfied with how it presumably tastes. She let out a little squeak of happiness before she notices Susan. "Ooh, hey there!" She said cheerfully 'after' she finished her bite, licking her lips and wiping her mouth.

He wiped off his pistol of simulated blood and shook his cloak to clean it in a similar manner. “Not too terribly difficult. A nice challenge, but I wish it was harder.” His face mask says as he goes to the holo-screen to check the difficulty rating.
As it turns out, the AI difficulty of the simulation room has been limited to 20, with the maximum difficulty level being a whopping 50.
To literally nobody's surprise, the first individual Susan finds in the cafeteria is Bowe, happily eating away and seeming verily satisfied with how it presumably tastes. She let out a little squeak of happiness before she notices Susan. "Ooh, hey there!" She said cheerfully 'after' she finished her bite, licking her lips and wiping her mouth.
Susan raises her head in acknowledgment as she enters the cafeteria and walk towards the buffet, where it is serving lunch foods, such as pepperoni pizza, grilled cheeses, spaghetti, the whole shabang. "Hey, Bowe. Have you, by any chance, seen Lux?" Susan kindly asked Bowe as she grabs a slice of pizza and take a bite out of it.

Unfortunately, when he turned the dial to the desired difficulty, it turned itself back to 20 and a message appeared in front of him.

ATTENTION!

Due to the risks of potentially lethal injuries during combat training against the AI, the fleet captain SUSAN SPEARSON has limited the maximum difficulty level to 20. If you wish to exceed the difficulty range past its limit, ask the fleet captain for permission. Any attempt to exceed the difficulty range limit through unethical means will be met with disciplinary action.​

Last edited:
Lux cursed under his breath, then looked at Kqidons. “Won’t let me go higher than 20. I’m tempted to hack it, but then Susan won’t let me in here. I’m gonna go find her. Nice fight.” His facemask says. He then waves and goes out to find her.

Lux figures she’d be near the cafeteria because that was a high chance of where he would be if someone was looking for him. He set off at a decent pace towards the cafeteria.

Susan raises her head in acknowledgment as she enters the cafeteria and walk towards the buffet, where it is serving lunch foods, such as pepperoni pizza, grilled cheeses, spaghetti, the whole shabang. "Hey, Bowe. Have you, by any chance, seen Lux?" Susan kindly asked Bowe as she grabs a slice of pizza and take a bite out of it.
Bowe grabs some chilled cheese as she listens to what Susan said. "Bowe hasn't seen him yet, no. You're looking for him?" She asked, thinking on it. "Come to think of it, Bowe is aware he does go to the training room a lot..." She said in extension.

“Mmhm. Okay.” Susan nods as she finishes up chewing on the pizza and swallowing. “Thanks for the info, Bowe. I needed to see him for something.” Susan thanked the little kid before giving her her slice of pizza and leaving the cafeteria.

Bowe nodded in response as Susan would leave, also waving to her "Bye bye! Hope you find him!" She called as Susan would soon be gone, leaving Bowe to her food - of which she would begin eating (the grilled cheese).

Lux kept walking until he reached the cafeteria, and his trained eyes scanned the room until he saw the Captain across the room. He made eye contact with her, and began walking to her

Talia was sitting at her desk in her room, her feet propped on the table, and painting her nails a neon pink color. Her hair was up in a braid, and she was talking to Kokoro as she painted her nails. “- but this brand is way better. Less sticky when it dries.” She explained about the nail polish.

Kokoro of which was just sitting there and maintaining as much interest as she could. "I see... I've definitely heard of such like this, but seeing them up close and no less being 'educated' on them is another story..." Kokoro laughed nervously and shrugged it off in response to Talia.

Lux kept walking until he reached the cafeteria, and his trained eyes scanned the room until he saw the Captain across the room. He made eye contact with her and began walking to her.
Susan walked across the hallways for a few seconds undisturbed until she felt the presence of someone following her. When she turned around, she saw Lux Ormidial behind her. Sighing through her nose, she looks at Lux at the eyes. "Hello, Lux. I've been looking for you." She said calmly.

Lux bows a little in response to her greeting. “So have I. I assume your reason to seek me out is more important than my reason to find you. So please go ahead.” His facemask says, and he waited for her to respond.

"You assume correctly," Susan responds before going on to her next sentence. "There is an Admiral overseeing one of the fleet's warships who requests the presence of an engineer; an officer had physically damaged a vital computer and wishes for it to be fixed." She explains to Lux. "Since you are well known to be an excellent engineer, I believe you would be the perfect candidate for the job."

Talia looked to Kokoro and smiled. “You know, I wonder if you could have the polish on the body that Lux made.” She almost murmured, before turning back to Kokoro. “Doesn’t matter much, I figure you don’t really care about this type of thing.” She said, gesturing to her hand.

"You assume correctly," Susan responds before going on to her next sentence. "There is an Admiral overseeing one of the fleet's warships who requests the presence of an engineer; an officer had physically damaged a vital computer and wishes for it to be fixed." She explains to Lux. "Since you are well known to be an excellent engineer, I believe you would be the perfect candidate for the job."
“I see. I will go immediately. May I ask some of the details concerning the computer? How extensive the damages? Or will I have to personally ask the crew and Admiral?” His facemask says.

Kokoro laughed a little in response. "I-I mean, it's probable, but..." Talia would have continued talking, and Kokoro nodded. "No offence, but that would be correct." She said surely.

Talia nodded and laughed. “Figured. I kind of have it drilled into my head. I’m good at makeup too! People are always surprised when they learn that.” She said, shrugging. “But hey, what do you like to do? Besides blow stuff up?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back