• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Fate/Millennium End

Black

Lancer had rushed a good ways ahead of the others, and was a bit suprised when caster appeared before him. Still, he laughed off the cloaked servant's warning. "Wouldn't be the first time I've died, won't be the last." He shrugged. "And besides, I have no intention of fighting tonight, I simply intend to parlay a bit and get a feel for how this war is going to go, what are enemies are after. Who knows, maybe we can even reason with them before this whole thing gets out of hand? In any case, that church was stuffy and the people were boring. I don't plan on going back even if this doesn't go well."

He looked over his shoulder as Berserker approached. "If you're looking for a fight friend, you're following the wrong guy. Those self important priests back the other way are probably more your speed." He was smiling, but there was a bit of venom in his tone. Clearly he wasn't fond of berserker.

He stepped through the last bit of foilage and found himself at the edge of a street, numerous cars whipped by in either direction. "A highway." He recalled from memories that were not his own. With a single leap he jumped from the forests' edge to the top of one of the overhanging signs.

"Say caster, since I assume you're keeping an eye on them, just how much farther is the Red Base anyway?"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Red

Ichiko was ready to spit on Asa but her attention was drawn away as Saber began speaking to Berserker. The Servant's dead eyes didn't blink, but they turned to face the woman as she spoke, then as if coming to life quickly began to dart around the room.

"He's alive!" Ichiko rushed over to her servant and grabbed his hand. He seemed confused at first, but took her hand anyway and the two worked together to pull him to his feet. Even with his newfound senses, Berserker still struggled to stand as as soon as he found his footing one leg gave out from under him. Ichiko caught him this time, determined not to let her servant embarrass himself any further and through one arm over her shoulders to help hold him up. Asa was right on one account, this was all likely a result of his true identity clashing with how he was summoned. Berserkers often developed severe personality quirks as a result of the mad enhancement drawing forth their deepest scars. It only made sense he'd be this damaged given how he'd lived.

"You're right, I'm not sure berserker is ready to fight just yet, but I think I know how to fix him up. If we're planning on leaving anyway I could put him somewhere on Rider's ship, maybe set up a lab for healing and magecraft on there while I'm at it?"
Black

Patrick sighed, annoyed. "You know, you could at least try to have some kind of survival instinct, Lancer!" He was prepared to get onto the highway, knowing there were many obstacles in his path, when he felt a large hand grab him, and tuck him under his arm. He realised it was Berserker when he felt himself soaring through the air. He screamed briefly, until they came to a stop, leaving a small crater in the road. As Patrick was set down, he landed with a thud on his hands and knees, before shuffling into a sitting position. It was then he realised that Berserker had actually jumped ahead of Lancer, putting himself in the Servant's path. He blinked in surprise. How would a madman be able to think of something like that?

Berserker, meanwhile, was glaring at Lancer.

Red - Archer and Others

Augustina's eyes widened. 'Archer!' She mentally shouted, 'Enemies incoming, from the east. Three, Saber informs me. Intercept, and gauge their abilities. Flee the moment that it starts to look dangerous..'

sample_a9a11b1bb34ad83951d20d31fed4878c1989bde1.jpg

'How strange,' Archer's voice echoed in Augustina's mind. 'For Saber's senses to surpass mine. Perhaps I was distracted by that ghastly boat. But still, it quite hurts my pride as an Archer.' On the roof, he stood. "Well, my lady?" He asked, this time aloud, and a faint white shape darted eastward though the sky. Archer drew his bow, testing its string with a gentle finger, and began to run after the shape, across the roofs of buildings. In truth, he was glad to leave. With allies like the dread pirate and the utter bastard of a Lancer, it would be good to spend as much time away from his team as possible.

It wasn't long, though, until the buildings began to shrink, and trees in the distance became visible. And with them, a strange man perched on top of a sign, and a hulking brute crouched in the road. Archer smiled, and loosed a pair of arrows that flew wide of the enemy. "No further," He said, his voice carrying through the night, despite the rush of traffic between them. "Or the next go through your hearts." Just above Berserker, a tiny bird fluttered.

Back in the hotel, Augustina grimaced. "Archer has engaged the enemy. We should move immediately. If the ship can intercept them, we can destroy them with superior firepower." Without another word, she began to make her way towards the ship. Virginia hesitated for a moment, before running after her.

Lancer, however, simply smiled, cradling his hands behind his neck. "Hmm. Maybe he'll die." He started to hum a song, and slowly moved to follow his Master.

S Slick416 SAIGO-NO-HEATS SAIGO-NO-HEATS Kloudy Kloudy @also the whole red team

Black

Patrick quickly turned, startled. He couldn't see the other Servant at all, and his eyes darted around, trying to find it. "Oh shite, this is bad, bad, bad!" He quickly moved to get off the road, heading for the side. Best not to get hit by a car and die.

Berserker, meanwhile, turned around, his gaze searching for Archer of Red. When he heard the bird fly overhead, he quickly looked up, got into a defensive position, moving his shield in front.

Eye of the Mind(False) B
Patrick barely managed to get to the side of the road. He turned back to watch Berserker, being ready to use his magic if he had to.

SomeStupidWords SomeStupidWords

Caster of Black

Caster was not entirely sure what more Archer hoped he could glean from the ship other than what was obvious, so it decided the easiest course of action was to simply show Archer the ship. The skeletal bird on the servant's shoulder would dig its beak into his neck and he would be presented with a vision of the ship, similar to watching a hologram.

"It has powerful offensive and defensive qualities..." Caster paused for a moment, seemingly considering, "Lancer will not retreat. The enemy are aware of our movements and have summoned all of their servants." Even now, Caster could feel Caster of Red feeling about for their presences. Barriers had been set up to hide their presences, but such farces would not work on Caster, testament to how it had found them in the first place.

As the bird familiar was destroyed, Caster replied to Lancer of Black with a hint of caution, a tentative cloaked hand stretching out to gesture beyond some buildings. Soon, Rider of Red's ship would be coming into view; the main giveaway as to the enemy position, "They reside in that building..." It responded in answer to Lancer's question, deciding to give up on trying to convince the man. If Berserker was able to stop Lancer from advancing, then so be it. However, it would cause more damage if Lancer were to charge in uninformed.

"Berserker of Red appears to already be damaged." Caster broadcasted that to both Archer and Lancer/Berserker to ensure they all were aware of the possible advantage that lay before them. It seemed as though the enemy was gearing up for a fight, so Caster would have to accomodate should such an event unfold. Already, totems had begun to rise haphazardly behind the path Caster and co had traversed, each glowing orb pulsating with dark mana. It would not offer much in the way of defense against Rider's phantasm, but it would ensure that any servant caught in the open would find themselves hard pressed to dodge the torrent of projectile magic that would spew forth.

However, such firepower was held as Caster's senses suddenly twinged. It had been so focused on conversing with others and keeping an eye on the ship that it had neglected to actively detect enemy servants outside of the known building. Perhaps by luck or skill, the servant had missed all of Caster's familiars and had made a beeline straight for them.

"An enemy appro-" Was all that Caster could manage before two arrows were loosed at them, intentionally missing Berserker and his master, but worryingly so. Gazing up coolly at the opposing figure, Caster identified the servant to be Archer of Red.

"We have engaged Archer of Red nearby the enemy position." Caster relayed back to Archer, making good on its role as the apparent intelligence chief. However, such a discrepancy as to toy with a battle would not be overlooked. Standing at the forest's edge just behind Lancer, Caster's crimson eyes flashed darkly at the enemy Archer from the darkness and one of the totem's orbs began to glow brighter. A moment later, a thick purple energy beam as wide as a car shot at Archer of Red with the intent to kill, carving straight through a metal sign and part of the building just to meet Archer's position. There were at least 10 more totems in range but Caster held their fire as it didn't want to waste its mana on one servant.

To suppose that this attack was merely just a part of a class skill and not an actual phantasm was frightening when considering the clear potency and destructive capability of the spell. Clearly, Caster of Black was by no means just a support servant in this Holy Grail war.

@ everyone

"If we were to all move to the ship, we could have more mobility and possibly be safer, yes. But we also have the concern of being one large target." Ash says. "Rider, I believe that we should use your ship as bait, lure them into a trap. Have Beserker, Assassain and Caster there, perhaps to make it liable bait. Meanwhile Saber and Lancer were form an ambush. And Archer will be decided upon when he returns." She said. "Is that an afreeable plan, Master and Servant alike?" I ask, clapping my hands together.

@redteam

Black

Archer was busy reviewing the information gathered on Rider of Red's Noble Phantasm. So, it was a ship with cannons? He had always known cannons were the way forward. Figuring out how to defeat now, that was important.

"Is everything alright, Archer?" Nathan asked him, standing up. He had been observing the familiar on his shoulder with some unease, curious about it.

"Yes, yes. Caster clearly has some very interesting uses as a spy, it would seem. He has learned of Rider of Red's Noble Phantasm. Now we must-" he paused briefly, and then signed. "Drat. Archer of Red has engaged Berserker, Lancer and Caster."

LyssiNae LyssiNae Kloudy Kloudy simj26 simj26

qrKBgrG.png
e2tSWS5.png

Daiyu Song & Assassin

Red Faction

Amidst the hectic activity, Daiyu hadn't expected for the Black Faction to step up so quickly. Everything immediately swung into action, and the young adult couldn't tell whether it was a good or bad thing. Before she knew it, Masters and Servants alike were springing into position; Daiyu was both overwhelmed and impressed. Listening in to the proposed tactics, she had no qualms about the plan, and was quite thankful that such a massive ship like Rider's was available as a handy resource in their arsenal.

"Mr. Ashcroft does have a point," she noted with a slight nod, before averting her gaze from Uriah to Ichiko, as the latter had spoken once more. It seemed that Berserker was indeed alive, which was a relief.

"Mm, yeah, I don't see why not—that sounds like a plan! Hopefully, you can fix whatever's going on with Berserker before it's too late. We can't just have our strongest servant going to waste, right?" Daiyu laughed a little, recalling what Ichiko had mentioned earlier about summoning a servant that would be 'stronger than anything else on the field'. She didn't doubt the statement, either, having faith that everything would work out in the end, but for now, she just wanted to try and lift the other girl's spirits.

Assassin, on the other hand, could not deny that she was unable to contribute to the skirmishes from the east for the time being. She was visibly flustered by it, her cheeks lightly reddening from embarassment, though there was nothing that could be done just yet.

Don't worry, Assassin. You'll have your time to shine; just not right now, ehehe... Let's stay on standby for now, and we'll figure something out in a bit, 'kay?

Once Ashley reaffirmed their course of action, Daiyu nodded again in agreement, turning to the woman. "Yes, Miss Winters! It looks like everybody is more or less on board with migrating."

"Very well, Master of Saber. If we all concur, then I suggest that we hurry and advance forward to Rider's ship, now," Assassin mentioned shortly after, wasting no more time dawdling as she concealed her presence, fleetingly dematerializing while heading towards Queen Anne's Revenge.

Daiyu was prepared to leave, although she spared another glance at Ichiko and Berserker, pondering for a moment. "Say, Miss Nanbu, do you need help with... well, transporting Berserker, by any chance? It's just that he seems... a bit heavy."

[code by spookie spookie ]​

Last edited:
Red
Uriah sighed. They were still squabbling, even now. “For all we know there’s a Noble Phantasm coming towards us right now. We need to get to a place of safety before we make any plans. I am going to the ship. You are welcome to join me. Yes we may be a target, but we will be an armed one.”
Uriah finished his sentence, cast an appraising glance to the other masters, then nodded to Rider. Rider took Uriah in his arms, and leapt up through the roof, continuing until they reached the ship hanging about 20 feet above the ground. It was made of beautiful ebony wood, larger and faster than it had ever been when it still sailed the sea. It had 3 levels, 2 of them occupied by the ship’s 40 cannons between them. Ghostly crew members worked ceaselessly on the deck. As Rider walked to the helm in order to take control of the ship, Uriah removed two vials from his jacket, and opened them. Blood poured out of both, more blood than either of them had any right to contain. They were not his most powerful vials, but they contained some useful magics. One of them would disperse into a fine mist, and give him a wider field of view through the blood. The other had been developed upon research on the actions of white blood cells. The blood would separate into tiny droplets, and move outwards. Upon coming into contact with enemy magic, they would all gather at that point and start absorbing mana. They would continue with this until they reached their capacity, at which point they would just evaporate. “Sanguis, Fervor, corpus.” With those words, the blood went about it’s duties. Standing on the bow of his ship, he smiled, and awaited his allies and enemies both.

Black
Bernard watched Father Nathan and furrowed his brows.

"It's already starting? Assassin, keep an eye on our team. Don't engage unless absolutely nessesary."

Assassin jumped down from the altar and pushed her hair out of her face. "Very well." A smile flickered on her lips and she dematerealised.

Rider let out a long sigh. "Guard duty, eh, Saber? You fine with being cooped up in here?" He began pacing around, restless.

Alice walked down the aisle quietly, before exiting the church. Fresh air. She watched the night sky while pondering.

Red - The Fae

Asa listened to everyone and smiled brightly; he wasn't the only one here with a functioning brain it seemed. "Alright, I guess we are catching a ride on a pirate ship. How exciting. Let's go people. We can always disembark later, Master Winters." Asa's scarf began to glow softly as he began to rise off the ground and floated out of a window that opened as he approached. The trailing ends of his scarf twirling behind him as he levitated towards the ship. "Isn't this just a doll of a ship? Hopefully, we'll be using it to claim and early Servant death, or at the very least the use of several command seals." There was a sadistic glint in his eyes and he cast his eyes to the East in time to see Black's Caster attack Red's Archer. "Well, I've never seen that before... I wonder what it is that Caster is using." Not for the first time, Asa begrudged his disadvantage as a magus without experience; what was the use of magical strength if you could not use it?

"Caster, to me. We need to have a quick discussion." Wreathed in shadows for a split second, Caster appeared, floating, behind Asa. Reaching out with her cloak, she enveloped him, and herself, inside. To onlookers, it would appear as if her empty cloak was floating at attention. "Now that we have a few minutes alone, let's discuss skills, abilities, limitations, and tactics, hm? We both know that this war is not going to be won if we play fair, and the only way for us to play dirty is together. My Od, your spells, my tactics, your traps, my ingenuity, and your insight. No one needs to know what we will know about each other, and I will ensure you receive your wish if you ensure mine. That is the contract, of course, but do we have a deal? This is the closest you'll ever get to trusting another magus from any age let alone this one. What say you, Hon?" Asa smiled at the beautiful true form of his Servant and offered his hand, bloody with a fresh cut he'd just made."

Caster observed her Master with an openly distrustful gaze before she saw the truth in his eyes; not just one truth, but two different equally true truths. Whatever his motivations or machinations from here on out, he was being completely candid and genuine with her now. It was a gift no mage would ever give lightly, so Caster accepted it with the appropriate gravity. Offering her own hand, freshly cut, she took his grip in her own. "I will give you my trust then, Master. Just this once." She shook his hand once before giving a rueful smile that Asa reflected brightly.

"Blood to blood, Caster. If you do not trust me, trust the oath. Now, I know the general gist; tell me the specifics my dear." After less than five minutes, Caster and Asa emerged from her cloak and rejoined the outside world. Whatever they had discussed, it was obvious intensive as their movement already appeared to be more synchronous. Of course, the short amount of time the spent sequestered wouldn't have been enough to discuss anything in detail, but virtue of magecraft and the Master-Servant link drastically reduced the length of discourse needed.

"What have we missed?" Asa asked aloud.

Black

The exectioner had caught up just in time to see the chaos beginning to unfurl. It was bad enough that Lancer was acting on his own but the fact that the servants were opening fire on each other out in the open was going to be a pain to explain to the church later. They had set up in Chrenobyl specifically out of hopes to avoid this.

Lancer for his part was more than a bit nonplused by the fact that everyone was so intent on doing the one thing he had came here hoping to avoid. With another great leap he jumped up onto the over pass, attempting to position himself as best he could between his allies and their enemy.

"Halt! For God's sake everyone halt!" He waved his arms almost comically as he attempted to draw everyone's attention before things got anymore out of hand. "Archer of Red!" he shouted in the direction the arrows had come from, not entirely sure if he could hear him. "Despite what my...Er, easily startled companions may lead you to believe, we didn't come hear to fight. I've come seeking parlance in hopes hopes of laying some rules for this conflict. At least to avoid, well, any more of this." He motioned to the destruction that even such a short fight had managed to wreak.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Red

Ichiko looked up to where rider had gone and sighed. "well, how are we gonna get up there?" Beserker said nothing but grabbed her tighter, even with his unsure footing it seemed to take no effort for him to leap cleanly to Rider's ship. He fell to his knees again once they hit the deck and Ichiko helped pick him back up, a bit more impressed with him than before.

"See, feeling better already." She smiled a bit before shouting up to rider. "Yo captain, where should we set up for now?"

Red
Uriah first turned to Asa to respond to his question. “Not much, Berserker and Ichiko have arrived on the ship, and I have deployed some reconnaissance magics. I’m encountering some.... strange spells, so I very much hope we can deploy soon. Their Caster worries me. I’m going to wait until the rest come aboard before we enter the fray. Can Caster do anything to enhance the ship?”
Rider responded to Ichiko’s question. He was the Captain, and this ship was his domain. “Set up in the Captain’s quarters for now. Leave Berserker there until he... recovers. If you have any auxiliary magics to use, deploy them. This battle may start very soon.” While he may have seemed calm, this was nothing but a mask. There was lust in his eyes. Lust for murder, for pillaging, for harvesting. His master suited him well, it was true, but Rider had no real interest in the so-called “Script”, he just wanted more chances to fufill his base desires. Uriah knew this, and was comfortable with it. Rider was his attack dog; a means to an end, and that suited him just fine.

"Saber, let's board and try to find a good spot to set up." She said, turning to head outside and then performing a large jump up onto the deck. She looked to Rider, "You wouldn't happen to have a map of the area on this ship, would you?" She asked, hoping he did. If not, they would have to eyeball for a good spot, which left them more vulnerable in her opinion. Not that a ship with a 30 broadside gunnery was lightly protected.

Red - Archer

As the beam of destructive energy shot towards Archer, he hurled himself to the side, dispelling his bow as he rolled away from the hit. As he rose from the roll, his bow appeared once again in his hand, an arrow nocked. The bird floating above the enemy moved towards the source of the attack.

'Master,' he communicated. 'One of the enemies has a troublesome attack. If it can be unleashed at will, I'll have to retreat immediately.'

But before the fight could continue, one of the enemies called for a truce. "I'm sure you'll forgive me for my caution," Archer called out, remaining out of sight. "I'd be glad to talk, but don't expect me to show myself." After saying that, he moved, flitting between the buildings. "And of course, I can only speak for my own Master. Negotiating through a multiple proxies will take some time." He moved once more, making sure to obfuscate his location. "If you can control your allies to begin with, anyway."

He conveyed the enemy's words to Augustina, keeping his report neutral. From what he knew of his Master, it seemed unlikely that she would want to negotiate.

Back at the hotel, Augustina landed on the deck of the ship, having used a quick wind spell. Behind her, Lancer landed, Virginia cradled in his arms.

"One of the Servants is looking to negotiate," Augustina barked, "If we hurry, we may be able to catch them and eliminate multiple enemies at once."

Strength: B
Agility: B
Endurance: C
Mana: D
Luck: E

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance: D
Independent Action: D

Personal Skills:

Eye of the Mind (False): C

Further Information remains hidden.

Caster of Black

If Caster were physically capable of an emotional reaction, then the low hollow growl it emitted would be the closest thing too it. Lancer of Black was delaying the inevitable and if there was one thing that had ever irked Caster; it was delay. However, Caster decided to allow Lancer his meeting in hopes that he had some sort of plan. It would serve as an easy distraction whilst Caster busied himself with fueling up some more.

"I shall return..." Caster faded back into the blackness of the forest, however the glowing totems remained, mana surging through their woven bones like veins. On the gnarled tree branches, dozens of skeletal birds gathered, sitting, watching, each with those two blood red eyes that stared impassively outwards as the ever watching sentinels. Even as the red team gathered on Rider of Red's ship, more of Caster's familiars flew by, landing on various nearby buildings, trees, windows, some even on the ship itself. If anything happened, Caster would know.

"The enemy have assembled on Rider of Red's ship. Aside from Red's Archer." Caster informed Archer of Black as it arrived at the first destination. A purple flash spewed from the ground and another totem, larger this time, rose from the earth in its usual self-assembling fashion of bones. The glowing orb gave away the type of totem it was, one that Caster had already used. Supposing that the enemy would not leave a servant behind and supposing that Lancer could stall Archer of Red for long enough, Caster could definitely give the black team an edge on this battlefield.

With the first done, Caster dematerialised again and travelled to the next location: the direct opposite part of town to where Lancer and Berserker or Black currently were, with Archer of Red. Another purple flash and another totem raised up, pulsating with the servant's energy. That marked two, two more now remained. Caster entered spirit form again and set off for the third.

d9341cb8cb182f9dbd7f31a7bec74c1f--fantasy-art-warrior-fantasy-karakterek.jpg
Saber
Saber hopped on to the deck with Ashley, happy to help her and Berserker, but when she noticed the skeletal birds something changed. Her eyes flashed ruby red and she flicked her arms out, a dozen knives flew out and slashed through the familiars that surrounded them. Then her eyes shifted to grey, her attention snapped to the west, and then she quickly scaled the main mast. Once in the crows nest Saber's eyes turned crystal blue and she stared off into the distance, watching the black cloaked figure. Ashley, Caster of Black appears to be erecting totems around the city. I'm going to intercept before he can finish his spell. Saber informed her master before she leaped off the ship.

As she fell her eyes shifted to brown and she pulled a large red cloth out of thin air. She wrapped the saint's shroud around herself and vanished completely, from both sight and detection. The swordswoman's presence was concealed as she ran across the rooftops, only to reappear when she swung her blade at Caster of Black's spirit form, her eyes grey once more.

LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87 Kloudy Kloudy

Black

Archer's eyes widened as he heard the news. He smiled, his brain already hard at work.

"So, it would appear the enemy team has assembled on Rider of Ted's ship. Wonderful! Now, we can wipe them out in one blow! And if no one minds, I intend to strike the first blow!"

Father Nathan's eyes perked. "You mean to reveal your Noble Phantasm now, Archer? Reveal your true identity?"

Archer nodded at him with a wink. "Of course! Now come along, Master. I don't want you to miss this!"

Father Nathan turned to the others in the room. "Forgive us, but I intend to follow my Servant now. Is that understood?"

Without waiting for a reply, both Archer and Father Nathan left the chapel, heading off to find the enemy team. A short ways away, however, the two stopped.

"Are you sure they cannot hear us?" Archer asked him. Father Nathan was puzzled at this for a moment, before nodding.

Archer quickly looked back up at towards the night sky. Then, he tried to communicate with Caster. Caster of Black, if possible, launch a small attack upon Rider of Ted's vessel. Test her defences, and tell me of the result.

Then he turned back to Father Nathan. "You know," he began, "you haven't been terribly active lately. Why is that?"

Father Nathan sighed. "I have been....planning something."

Archer raised an eyebrow, intrigued. "Oh? What is it?"

Father Nathan took a deep breath before he answered. "I intend....to destroy the Script."

Meanwhile, Berserker was still searching for the source of the voice, moving forward while still maintaining a defensive stance. Patrick watched this, fascinated and wondering what this might entail.

As for Berserker, if one were to somehow read his thoughts, they would find that part of him....knew who this voice belonged to.

simj26 simj26 Kloudy Kloudy SAIGO-NO-HEATS SAIGO-NO-HEATS LyssiNae LyssiNae SomeStupidWords SomeStupidWords

Uriah turned to Saber and her master. “No, I don’t. I do have an understanding of the immediate area due to a spell I’ve just cast. My other magic is currently engaging Caster’s spells, but I fear the impact is minimal.” Anyway, as we are all aboard the ship, save Archer and Saber who are battling below, I think now is the time to start the bombardment. Do you agree?”
( Kloudy Kloudy Castet should notice a few familiars and curse spheres disappearing from Uriah’s magic, but nothing significant)

Specks of muted light formed into the shape of a woman clad in black silks. Assassin perched herself on an elevated rooftop, overlooking the surroundings. Her oily hair and silken fabrics moved in the wind. She climbed to a further vantage point, and let out a huff of surprise as she noticed it.
Unmissable. A massive ship. Quickly surveying the battlefield, she relayed the information to her Master.

Bernard nodded and watched Saber and Khabarovsk analytically.

Khabarovsk and Saber
892286734090ae604e2b3b14b0d0adb6-jpg.350080

OgK4zEy.png

There is nothing to play at guards here, Rider. I do believe, however, my Master sees this place as an excellent point for something.” Saber indicated his Master just a ways across, now working on another runic sigil on the side of a building. He was getting quite tired of being on the receiving end to questions. His Master was clearly the grandmaster here. He was but just a blade, though a sharp one in all sense of the word. All the questions ought to be answered by her, not him.

“It was no good for anything previously. No. Now, however,” she finished the last rune with a flourish, “this is a Khabarovsk Boundary Field, Stage 1.” At that instant, an invisible barrier seemingly burst to life from the center of the ruined town, and surrounded it. She smirked, possibly an attempt at a smile.

Ah. A safe haven for our allies to recuperate in if they are in need of recovery.” Saber followed up with his own exposition. Khabarovsk did not seem perturbed by this, and let him do so, and instead went on to work on another set of sigils. “It was no defensive position earlier, but I believe my Master is attempting to make this place a place where our allies can retreat to. In their haste to leave, they neglected to go with the basest of tactics.”

Mmm. If you would please, Rider, tell your Master to prepare herself. I will be erecting magical interference sigils in due time. I would prefer it if she were prepared for such a thing. I don’t think powerful Casters like ours or the enemy’s would be much affected, but us humans and magi will…feel its effects. Sabers like mine with high magical resistance also won’t be hit too hard, but still, ” she scoffed at the Rider, an amused scoff, “Noble Phantasms won’t be hitting any where as hard as they should with the erection of Stage 2. Saber, make sure I’m not interrupted until then. The Bounded Field I have erected will inform either of us of any invaders to this area at any rate, so prepare yourself if I give the word, or if you sense it as well, whichever comes first. It will, as well, attempt to mask any magical signatures coming off from this area, turning it into a vastly unremarkable ground. Think of this as a subpar Presence Concealment, masking magical presence altogether.” She looked extremely pleased with her work, as she surveyed the night sky.

She turned her attention back to Rider. “I’m afraid my runes aren’t as specific as to allow allies to receive the same warning, but if either you or your Master would stay around, perhaps it would help.

And with that, she went back to settling with another set of runes.

Ho there, Master of Assassin!” Saber called to older man, noticing his presence. “My Master now relies upon us to ensure that none enter this safe haven! Draw whatever foes you may see with your Servant away if you can! Or at least serve to distract them!

"You will do as you will with your ship, Rider. I cannot, nor will stop you, even if I could." Ashley said, a confident nod toward Rider as she strode down a deck to find somewhere private she could think. "Saber, if you get outmanned or outgunned, please make the move to retreat, I don't want you to die or give youself away this early." She said to her. Ash took a seat in a rather large, though currently empty chamber, which she assumed to be a galley of sorts.

Ian Temero Ian Temero

Red - The Fae

"Oh brilliant. This is turning into a debacle so quickly. Well, let's hop to it Hon." Asa's scarf unfurled and revealed a large map which he tossed in Ash's direction THe map floated behind her and would bob in the air with expectation until she grabbed it. "I packed quite a few things in preparation. You're welcome." He gave her a wink before turning on his heel and surveying the immediate area in a full 360 degrees; his left eye flashed gold once as he completed his circuit. "Caster, at my behest. Fae Glammorie: Wisp Lights." Having clocked Caster of Black's numerous familiars, he marked them each with a single floating orb of cerulean fire. Caster swiftly obliterated them simultaneously with a hail of mystic arrows. "If you want a sneak peak Black Caster, you're are going to have to work for it, my dear." He spoke to himself more than anything.

"My dear Uriah, there is always something to be done. Caster shield the ship." Caster gave an nearly imperceptible nod and suddenly the ship was surrounded by a barrier that closely resembled a soap bubble. The circular barrier shrunk swiftly until it conformed with every nook, cranny, and curve of the ship and faded from sight. "There, now the ship's gained additional protections better than a Beserker with diamond skin."

"Caster, shield our Servants as well. I can handle the cost as long as they are careful to not get hit." He spoke the second sentence loud enough for only the Red Masters to hear. He'd leave it to their discretion to inform their Servants of the situation. As each Servant received their shields, they would feel the glass-thin barrier laying against their skin comfortably.

Last edited:
Caster of Black

Caster was about to respond to Archer, but for a split second it sensed an overwhelming energy from behind. Acting instinctively, Caster exercised its other class ability: item creation. In a double helix of purple mana, a long staff materialised at its back, the large curved blade glistening with dark intent. As Saber of Red's blade slashed at Caster, it would meet with the summoned scythe with a clash of sparks. Without even time to turn, Caster was pinged forward as he suffered Saber's blow, which had been somewhat mitigated by the scythe, to bounce off of the ground once before coming to a hovering stop. The two red eyes glared expressionlessly at the enemy Saber, the scythe readied to fend off further attack.

"Archer, I have encountered Saber of Red. It has a cloaking technique." Caster knew its physical stats would no where near anything capable of defeating Saber even on a bad day, the highest of said stats being a measly C, so it would have to rely on its skills and noble phantasm to prevail in this fight.

"Tread carefully, Saber... My legend runs older and greater than any before." Of course this pointless statement was merely to buy time for Caster's spells to complete. As it finished its sentence, another smaller pillar rose to about 20ft in height, the usual purple orb shining its foreboding light out, illuminating the area slightly.

"Time plots against all, hero..." Another totem rose, larger than the last, more akin to the two Caster had previously erected in the other two corners of the city. It continued to grow impossibly tall as the others had, reaching the height of a skyscraper after but a minute. As this occurred, Caster readied its scythe in two hands, the black mist still swirling about it menacingly. The smaller totem behind it pulsed, awaiting for the Saber to make a move at Caster so that it may fire with the same deadly beam of pure magical energy that had been used against Archer of Red previously. Whilst it was obvious when the totem would fire from the build up of light and mana in the orb just prior to firing, the actual beam itself was terribly fast and could penetrate at least unbuffed B-rank endurance. However, Caster doubted Saber would be too fazed by that, a scratch likely nothing compared to a potential kill.

Meanwhile, a large portion of Caster's familiars were being destroyed by the Red team as a whole, Their Caster a long with one of the masters had used various spells to dispel most that were surrounding the hotel, along with their Saber killing those by the ship. Caster could make more, but the current distraction was stopping it from doing much else but surviving. Additionally, the previously mentioned spell had also begun affecting one of it's offensive totems, draining the orb and causing the construct itself to topple over, broken. If Saber kept Caster there long enough, then Caster would not be able to summon more to support its allies.

"Berserker... Come to me..." The voice echoed to Berserker of Black from seemingly nowhere and everywhere at once. A ghostly apparition would beckon the goliath of a man forth to where Caster and Saber were currently engaged. Hopefully, the hulking brute would follow the illusion and aid Caster in its endeavours.

Rider was trying to find some Servants to kill when one of them (Caster, presumably) erected a giant energy-column in the middle of the city. “Alright then” Rider muttered to himself, as he directed the ship towards the construct. In all honesty he didn’t really understand how his ship flew. Or how he controlled it with a steering wheel beyond simple right and left commands, but it didn’t matter. He flew, now, and that’s all that mattered. They arrived quite quickly. There wasn’t much ground to cover. Below them was a dark, hooded figure facing off against Saber. For some reason the figure seemed... familiar to Rider. “No matter” he thought. “There’s no mercy for my enemies”.For a single, peaceful moment, no sounds were made. The Rider ordered a full broadside and all hell broke loose. Each cannonball, equivalent to an A+ rank attack exploded forth from its vessel. Somehow, through mechanisms unexplainable by physics, all of them angled themselves towards Caster, in an aim to disrupt the spell he had cooking in that massive structure.
Kloudy Kloudy

Black

When Archer received the message from Caster, he cursed. On my way!

"Forgive me Master," he said quickly, "but Saber of Red has engaged Caster. We shall discuss your plans concerning the script later. Try and inform Saber of Black of this development. I shall deal with the enemy Saber for the time being." With that, Archer was once again off, vaulting for the rooftops as he searched for Caster.

Father Nathan sighed. "It seems everyone is running around at the moment...." Without a moment's hesitation, he quickly turned and went back to see the others. It was unusual for the first battle to begin this early....

Berserker, meanwhile, noticed the apparition, and immediately followed it. Stunned, Patrick was quick to pursue. "Hey, wait up, Berserker! Where are you going?"

The hulking brute didn't answer, simply sprinting in the direction of Caster.

Archer was moving across the rooftops when he heard it. The unmistakable sound of cannon fire. He stopped, paused for a second, and quickly set off in the direction it had come from. As he did, he quickly noticed the duel between Saber of Red and Caster - as well as the cannonballs launched from a massive ship. Rider of Red's Noble Phantasm. And of course, those cannonballs were aligning themselves towards Caster through supernatural means.

"No choice," Archer sighed, "better deploy it on a small scale."

Stopping on one of the rooftops, Archer held his flail in the air, and took a deep breath. The wind began to swirl softly around him.

Father Nathan had just arrived back at the Black faction headquarters. "Caster has been engaged by Saber of Red. Saber, it is best for to-" then he stopped, his eyes widening.

"Oh dear....it would seem Archer has activated one of his Noble Phantasms."

Archer opened his eyes, staring at the ship. Then, he began to speak. Not a simple chant or command, but something more.

An instruction from a parent to his children.

"Hear me, my most noble and valiant army. After centuries of separation, the time as come at last for us to be reunited. It was I who raised you up from your lowly origins when you called for me, it was I who lead you into battle against the might of the Holy Church's armies, but it was our bond which defeated them, time and again, a bond which was never bested or broken! So come now, my loyal children! Come, Army of Bohemia! I, Jan Zizka, your father, call you once again! Houfnice a Vozová hradba!"

With that, a brilliant burst of light erupted on the rooftop Archer was standing upon. When it cleared, a small force was now present on the rooftop with Archer, a group of twelve war wagons, modified farm carts, linked together, behind which were several cannons mounted upon ox carts. All around him were men and women, dressed for war, wielding flails, crossbows and handguns. The gunners were quick to get inside the war wagons.

Archer pointed his flail at the cannonballs. "Take aim to intercept that volley! Fire on my command! Steady....steady..."

Just as the cannonballs were making a curve for Caster, Archer raised his flail in the air. "FIRE!"

A burst of cannon fire issued forth, heading straight for the cannonballs launched by Rider of Red. Or rather, they moved right into their paths, in a brazen attempt to deflect them. Over twenty cannonballs had been launched, with more being reloaded and ready to fire on Archer's command. Of course, some would indeed strike the enemy cannonballs. Archer hoped to distract the enemy, and buy Caster time to make a getaway. If possible, perhaps he could take out the ship here and now....provided he could take out the shield.

"General," one of the soldiers said, coming forward, "it is good to see you again."

Archer sighed, burning to him. "As it is good to see you, my child. Now come," Archer smirked, "we have a war to win!"

Anti-Army- Houfnice a Vozová hradba: Army of Bohemia: A - Archer can summon the summon the war wagons and ox carts that served with him, each manned by members of his loyal army. His army will have the discipline and loyalty they had for him in life. The war wagons can be quickly connected with chains to each, allowing for the quick creation of an armed camp. Once connected, the war wagons will serve as a shield for Archer and any of his allies if they are behind them. Along with these war wagons, he can also summon medium caliber cannons mounted on cart, each pulled by oxen. The cannons can be reloaded quickly, and will contribute to the barrage of fire from the war wagons. Against servants with the riding skill, if they are mounted, the Noble Phantasm will receive a bonus.

Meanwhile, Berserker paused momentarily when he heard the sounds of cannonballs. Glancing, he saw the exchange in the air, before snorting, and continuing on his way, sprinting now.

Patrick just stopped and stared, slack jawed.

Kloudy Kloudy Balfnaught1 Balfnaught1 simj26 simj26 LyssiNae LyssiNae SAIGO-NO-HEATS SAIGO-NO-HEATS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back