• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Fate/Millennium End

SAIGO-NO-HEATS

A drifter, returned
Fate/ME OOC - Chat
Fate/Millennium End CS - Character sheets
----------------------------------------------------------
--Explain background here, later - HEATS--
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 24th, 1999. Christmas Eve. 11:56 PM

Black Side - Chrenobyl

Father Nechayev checked his pocket watch against the pale moonlight, the only source of light in the decaying old church the Black Faction had chosen as their meeting place. The old man tapped his foot impatiently, his only real role as overseer in this war was to ensure the summoning went off without any issues, and frankly he was glad he wouldn't have to stay in this ghost town any longer than necessary. The place gave off an energy that made his skin crawl.

Clapping the watch closed he turned to face the soon to be masters of black, who had gathered among the scatter pews of the old procession. At the front, nearest to the alter was a burly looking man, who slouched lazily on the bench, legs crossed, arms thrown over the back, and his face illuminated only by the dim glow of a cigarette.

"We getting close, Padre?" He growled out through clenched teeth as Nechayev surveyed them all from the alter.

"Very." He nodded and placed his hands on the podium as if he was preparing a sermon. "If anyone has anything to say before we begin, I suggest you do so now."

Red Side - Kiev
The Fabulous Hotel Soskin was uncharacteristically empty for the holidays, even as the sounds of celebration echoed in from outside. Deep within the grand hall the mages finished the last preparations for their summon circles. A girl, seemingly the youngest among them placed her hands behind her head and took a few steps back to better admire her handy work.

"So I guess all we can do now is wait?" She said, to no one in particular but still looking around to see if anyone would respond. "Wonder why they were so specific about us not summoning until midnight anyway? You'd think the soon we started the better right?"

Black

Small clouds of dust arose around Aliceteria's feet. She sniffed and folded her hands in her lap as she sat down on a dusty church bench in the back of the ruined church. Alice shifted her glance from the priest to the others. So many serious-looking men.
Well, she should've known the Holy Grail War would attract serious people.
Lord Alscher would not approve of her saying anything, so she closed her eyes and prayed quietly.

Bernard Alscher stood in the church's aisle, hands folded over his chest. So far, he was quite pleased with this gathering. His only worry was Berserker's master, who was but a teenager. As long as the boy would follow plans, Bernard would keep his opinions to himself.
"Well," Bernard said, raising his voice. "I would just like to say, I look forward to working with you all."

Red

Ash looked at the woman who talked, her hands folded behind her back. "Well, they want our mana to peak before we summon our servants, so that way we have no chance of screwing this up." She said, glancing around. This whole war that was about to be fought made her both nervous and excited. For once she would be able to do something beyond her family's controlling hand, but a lot of weight has been put on her shoulders. "Anyway, how are you guys feeling for this?" She asked the general group.

Last edited:
Black

Small clouds of dust arose around Aliceteria's feet. She sniffed and folded her hands in her lap as she sat down on a dusty church bench in the back of the ruined church. Alice shifted her glance from the priest to the others. So many serious-looking men.
Well, she should've known the Holy Grail War would attract serious people.
Lord Alscher would not approve of her saying anything, so she closed her eyes and prayed quietly.

Bernard Alscher stood in the church's aisle, hands folded over his chest. So far, he was quite pleased with this gathering. His only worry was Berserker's master, who was but a teenager. As long as the boy would follow plans, Bernard would keep his opinions to himself.
"Well," Bernard said, raising his voice. "I would just like to say, I look forward to working with you all."
Black

Patrick sighed. "Sure, sure, mate. I just want to know something first," he said glancing down at his hand. "Are we sure we are summoning the right Servants?" He had been given his Catalyst, a bronze spearhead, before all this began. Right now, he just wanted to get things started, as well as figure out his place in all this. He saw the nun girl praying quietly. She seemed cute, but he was also a nun, and off limits.

Father Nathan was silently studying each person in the room. He had decided on selecting one Servant in particular, and was very happy with his choice. The drum he was currently staring at was an old one, but it was very special, and would serve as an excellent Catalyst. Furthermore, he understood the significance of the script, unlike that boy. Which was why he had a very specific plan in mind for ensuring things went well, not just for the Black faction, but humanity as a whole.

Lord, if you are real, grant me this victory.

Last edited:
Red - Mordaunt Sisters

Augustina looked out upon the gathered group with scorn. Was this truly the best that the Mages' Association could offer? It was bad enough that her sister had taken a slot from someone more competent with her impulsive, reckless summon.

"Unconfident." She spoke, responding to the other woman with a harsh tone. "There have already been several problems. I acquired a catalyst that I thought would summon one of the greatest heroes of greek mythology, but it summoned somebody..." She paused, considering her words carefully. "Unexpected. And more limited than ideal." She cast another gaze around the room, studying the reactions of people around her. "He and his familiar are currently guarding the building."

"Then," Augustina said, drawing a deep breath, "My sister, who is a weaker Magus, with no combat experience, decided to try and succeed where I'd failed." She glared at Virginia, who was standing near the centre of the room. She looked away, hanging her head. "She was no more successful." Augustina paused again, peering at the space around her sister. "Where is Lancer, Virginia?"

Virginia jumped, turning to face her sister. "Oh! He wanted to see what the celebration was about, so he went outside to look." Looking at the expression on her sister's face, she hurriedly continued. "But he's in spirit form, so he won't attract any attention or anything like that!"

Augustina pressed a hand to her face. "I can only hope that our opponents have faced similar setbacks."

Red

"Well, with all things considered, it isn't always the strongest servant that wins. It is the strategy formed by both Master and Servant to best combat the enemy. Perhaps it even helps if you were to aquire a Servant who is less known, as it is harder to counter them if they are discovered." She offered to the one who expressed concern. "I am Ashley Winters, Master of Saber. Who might you be, miss?" She asked, rising and extending a hand out to the woman.

Last edited:
Red - Mordaunt Sisters

"Augustina Mordaunt," She said, giving a strained smile, and shaking Ashley's hand, "Master of Archer. I've mentioned that my sister, Virginia," she gestured to the other woman, "Is Lancer's Master." Behind her, Virginia waved, as Augustina broke the handshake, and gave Ashley an appraising look. "You are correct, of course. Strategy is as important as power, and a lesser-known Servant has its benefits. And Archer and Lancer are not weak by any means. Certainly, Archer is capable, and I enjoy his company. But I would trade them both for their father, without hesitation." Augustina paused, and shook her head. "But there's no point thinking about that. We have to make use of the hand we've been dealt. We can discuss tactics and capabilities once all the Servants have been summoned."

Red - The Fae

"Well, this is decidedly less interesting than the mage texts they forcibly dragged me away from." Asa said aloud to no one in particular as he stood straight from checking over his prepared summoning for the 7th time. He wasn't nervous that anything would go wrong, but he was cautious to avoid hubris. "I should have brought some reading material to while away the hours." He stretched his back luxuriously before bending towards a chair draped over by a crimson python of a scarf. Reaching into a fold of the scarf, he produced a tiny notebook and pen. "Definitely worthy of a note-to-self." His tongue stuck out the corner of is mouth slightly as he scrawled a short entry into the notebook and replacing it, and the pen, back where he'd found it.

"Midnight needs to be here already. I'm getting bored." Asa cast a glance around at all the other mages in the hall. While his voice was an immature whine, the mischievous twinkle in his eyes made it quite obvious that a bored Fae was not a good Fae.

Last edited:
qrKBgrG.png

Daiyu Song

Master of Red

As Daiyu lightly stretched her arms, she was practically bouncing with vehemence that night after polishing up her final preparations. The clock was striking closer and closer to Christmas Day, and the Asian girl was having trouble containing her excitement, to say the least. She was honestly quite thrilled for the experience of participating in such a significant war. Regardless of their problems thus far, Daiyu remained optimistic, assured that the Red Faction was composed of proficient individuals.

"Don't worry, there's just a few more minutes to go! Midnight will be here soon enough, and I believe that as a team, we'll do just fine." Bubbling with enthusiasm, she at least wanted to lift up the spirits of the numerous mages gathered around, as her gaze darted across the vicinity. The atmosphere was certainly more serious in contrast to the reverberating celebrations outside, but that didn't stop Daiyu from suppressing her happy-go-lucky mien.

Just a moment afterwards, her lips parted for yet another exclamation, "I won't ask for anything more this Christmas, so please, Santa Claus—allow Lady Luck to bless our remaining summons!" The young adult twirled a rather ornate hairpin around her rather pale fingers, passing the time as she scrutinized the catalyst she was visibly eager to use.

code by spookie spookie

(Summons are now clear for go.)

Red

Ichiko gave an arrogant smirk "We don't need luck." She held up an ancient, dented helmet like a trophy for everyone to see.

"The Nanbu family's been sitting on this for more than a century, My Servant'll be stronger than anything else on the field, you just watch!" She beamed with a combination of childish pride and smug superiority that was at once exactly what someone expected of such a young mage and not at all what one would want in a participant of the holy grail war.

However few had anytime to consider this as nearly the moment Ichiko stopped talking 12 bells rang from the antique clock at the end of the hall. The mood changed almost instantly, but again Ichiko was the first to talk.

"Sounds like that's our Que. Everybody ready?"

Black
Father Nechayev closed his watch again. "It's time" He nodded over to the masters.

Benicio dropped his cigarette to the floor and stamped it out as he stood.

"About time." He growled and took a ragged piece of cloth from inside his jacket. It was only a shred of what it once been, but the red and white emblem woven into it was unmistakably in the shape of a cross.

The Priest led everyone down the aisle to a spot where many of the pews had been cleared away to make room for the ritual. With an imperious tone he addressed the masters for what may be the last time.

"As we embark on this dark Rite, I implore you all to not loose sight of what we aim to accomplish here. Everything we do, for the duration of this war is for the good of all mankind. We stain out hands black so that the common man need not fear power hungry magicians and the evil their accursed studies too often invoke. Stay true to the light of our purpose, not only as the hands of the church, but as the guardians of the common man."

Benicio all but rolled his eyes at the old man's speech as he placed his catalyst on the summoning circle. "Right then, let's get this over with."

Black

The mood in the church changed. Bernard glanced at the priest, then followed him down the aisle, before fumbling in his pocket for his catalysts. Initially, he'd wanted Rider, but since Alice could supply them with mana, he would summon Assassin instead.
In his hand he held a piece of yellow stone, wrapped in a hankerchief. He placed it in his summoning circle.

Alice quietly walked to her summoning circle, holding a piece of old, dead wood. She bent down, placing the ancient twig in her circle, before standing up, turning her gaze to the Spanish executioner.
"Pardon, you seem... impatient, sir?"

Bernard shot her a dissaproving glance.

Red - The Fae

"Alright! The witching hour is upon us." Asa smiled brightly as the clock struck the 12th hour. "Take you places everyone; the show is about to begin." Bubbling with energy, Asa yanked his scarf from the chair haphazardly and spun on his heel towards his prepared summoning circle. Instead of being flung around recklessly, the scarf wove through the air around him and curled around one arm before gliding up over his head and down to curl around the other arm, where it remained, suspended in the air. Asa snapped his fingers, and a fold of the scarf opened, letting an ancient golden diadem fall softly into his outstretched hands. The diadem was soon followed by an old scroll, and a large animal's tooth. Asa only needed one catalyst, but he had a very special servant in mind and had prepared three just to pick the one with the strongest resonance right before he started. "Scroll it is." He says to himself before placing the diadem and tooth on the chair behind him. As he stepped into the circle and stood on one point of the star inside, Asa's demeanor becomes deathly serious and his smile is consumed by a focused expression. "Let us begin."

"Fill, fill, fill, fill, and fill again. Repeat five times over, and seal it at the end. Be Set."​
As Asa activated the circle, it began to glow azure and the glow strengthened with each word.
"Heed my voice. Your body is my will, and my destiny is your sword."​
A phantom wind whipped up around the circle as the strengthening glow settled and began to thicken.
"Hearken now to the Grail's summons, oblige my will and reason, and meet my standards."​
The lines and symbols of the circle disappeared as the mana Asa fed into them overflew their boundaries until he was standing a the edge of pool of light.
"I do here promise that I shall all the world's salvation. That I shall be the ruination of all the world's evil."​
The bright blue glow darkened to azure.
"You seven hallowed skies, wreathed in the trinity words of power, step forth from the binding circle and act upon this age."​
Holding out his hand, Asa released the scroll. It jumped from his hand and levitated over the center of the circle.
"Guardian of Libra!"​
There was a large influx as the liquid energy rushed up and encompassed the old scroll before continuing to rise and and mold itself into humanoid shape. The liquid mana dimmed and eventually became the body of a woman hidden beneath a large dark cloak.

"You called, Master?" Her quiet voice rang out.

"Welcome to my world, hon. I hope your trip was an easy one." Asa's easy smile returned after his command spells emblazoned themselves across his shoulder blades. He only grimaced slightly as the pain registered.

Last edited:
(Summons are now clear for go.)

Red

Ichiko gave an arrogant smirk "We don't need luck." She held up an ancient, dented helmet like a trophy for everyone to see.

"The Nanbu family's been sitting on this for more than a century, My Servant'll be stronger than anything else on the field, you just watch!" She beamed with a combination of childish pride and smug superiority that was at once exactly what someone expected of such a young mage and not at all what one would want in a participant of the holy grail war.

However few had anytime to consider this as nearly the moment Ichiko stopped talking 12 bells rang from the antique clock at the end of the hall. The mood changed almost instantly, but again Ichiko was the first to talk.

"Sounds like that's our Que. Everybody ready?"

Black
Father Nechayev closed his watch again. "It's time" He nodded over to the masters.

Benicio dropped his cigarette to the floor and stamped it out as he stood.

"About time." He growled and took a ragged piece of cloth from inside his jacket. It was only a shred of what it once been, but the red and white emblem woven into it was unmistakably in the shape of a cross.

The Priest led everyone down the aisle to a spot where many of the pews had been cleared away to make room for the ritual. With an imperious tone he addressed the masters for what may be the last time.

"As we embark on this dark Rite, I implore you all to not loose sight of what we aim to accomplish here. Everything we do, for the duration of this war is for the good of all mankind. We stain out hands black so that the common man need not fear power hungry magicians and the evil their accursed studies too often invoke. Stay true to the light of our purpose, not only as the hands of the church, but as the guardians of the common man."

Benicio all but rolled his eyes at the old man's speech as he placed his catalyst on the summoning circle. "Right then, let's get this over with."
Black

"Got it!" Patrick said. He took the bronze spearhead and followed the priest down the aisle to where the summoning circles would be. Once he found a suitable one, he set it down, and quickly took out a small knife. He grimaced as he made a cut in his hand, and began pouring the blood onto the ground, creating the summoning circle.

Father Nathan did the same, carrying the drum in his hands. He was careful not to damage it either. Truthfully, the texture felt strange, but that was to be expected, considering what it was made of. Setting it down, he went to work on preparing the summoning circle.

Once the two had completed it, they held out their hands.

Patrick's Command Seals were designed like three Celtic Spirals. Nathan's reminded him a lot of a wheel in their design.

"I don't know about you lot, but I am going to start now. That okay?"

Nathan finally spoke. "I agree. Time is of the essence."

qrKBgrG.png
e2tSWS5.png

Daiyu Song

Master of Red

Daiyu only grinned at the younger female's remark, admiring her confidence and ambition. Her gaze met with the helmet she grasped on to so proudly, and with that, she simply nodded. Sure, the other Asian girl was a bit young, but she liked to think that their age gap wasn't that wide. Startled by the sudden chiming of bells, Daiyu fell into the serious mood much like all of the other mages present. Christmas was finally here, and she could only hope for the best.

Yeah, let's get this party started.
She set down her hairpin catalyst at her desired area of summoning, and once she shut her eyes, Daiyu allowed a soothing sense of serenity to engulf her mind, putting her at ease before the chant's string of words naturally escaped her lips.

"Let silver and steel be the essence.
Let stone and the archduke of contracts be the foundation.
Let red be the color I pay tribute to.

Let rise a wall against the wind that shall fall.
Let the four cardinal gates close.
Let the three-forked road from the crown reaching unto the Kingdom rotate.
Let it be filled. Again. Again. Again. Again.
Let it be filled fivefold for every turn, simply breaking asunder with every filling.
Let it come forth from the ring of restraint, Protector of the Balance!"

As the Command Seals branded themselves onto the back of her hand, Daiyu sharply sucked in a breath, biting her lip. Finishing up with the summoning, a rather elegant figure had materialized as a result. A pretty face enhanced by ruby eyes stared at the young adult, her eyes slightly narrowed as she scrutinized what seemed to be her Master and surroundings. Her resplendent robes only added to her already-attractive figure, while Daiyu couldn't help but to gape at her fashionista of a servant.

"I take it that you are my Master, then?"
The servant inquired, with a voice tinged with allure.

"Y-Yes—"

Before Daiyu could continue, however, her servant merely sighed. "How disappointing."

code by spookie spookie

Red

Uriah finished his preparations for the summoning, his mind racing as he did so. Ever since the command seals had appeared on his hand three years prior, he had been training nonstop for the battle to come. The inside of his coat was filled with vials of blood, each with its own specific curse to send towards the enemy. His trump card lay hidden, ready to be unleashed. A young Asian girl stood, and spoke. Irritation crossed Uriah's face. He did not like following the orders of his juniors. Images and thoughts came to the surface, his desire to cause pain forcing its way past his resolve. He clamped down upon it, however. It could all wait until he acquired the Script. Then he could mold the world into his liking. Nevertheless, it was time to begin.
He stepped back, and placed his catalyst before him. A rusted flintlock pistol, recovered from the depths of the ocean three years ago, and purchased for a tremendous cost by his family. He began to incant, and the words flowed easily across his tongue. Years of practice had led to this moment. He finished the incantation, and with a flash of light his servant stood before him. Tall and wiry, a face carved by years of battle and hardship, a beard dark as midnight. His Rider.
"I ask of you, are you my master?"

Khabarovsk and Saber
892286734090ae604e2b3b14b0d0adb6-jpg.350080

You lot talk much, and get less done.” Like priests. The blonde Russian removed her gloves, and tucked them into her pockets, before reaching into her coat and drawing out a blade of a sword, broken at half its original length. At some point of time, Khabarovsk supposed the original weapon might have been a rather fancy work of art worthy of its holder. Time had not been kind to it, however. She turned the rusted, worn, and blunted part in her hand, then switched it over to her left hand. With her free hand, she removed a piece of chalk from a pocket, and etched out a magic circle upon the surface of the floor before her. After placing the piece of metal within it, she stepped back, then muttered a soft incantation under her breath.

Hear my call, essence of the spirit bound to this steel. Take your form before me, ye who will answer. Bravery honed with wisdom, courage tempered with caution, come.”

OgK4zEy.png
A simple, short incantation. No fanfare. Nothing. And his arrival was just as nondescript. A faint shimmer in the air at first, then it solidified into a proper form, a well-chiselled chin, well-kept, slick, black hair, a cape that flowed in the non-existent wind upon his armor. He was a simple man, truly, but Khabarovsk believed she could do better than look at him as such. She tugged on her gloves again, and discarded the chalk, waiting for her Servant to gain his bearings.

He did not take long. Thank God. He was halfway serviceable, at least. “You've summoned me for a war? A friend of mine would have preferred this more than I, but if it is a warrior you need, then I am more than happy to serve, Master…?” The Knight bowed politely, angling his head slightly to indicate a question at his Master’s name.

She did not reply immediately, choosing to pull on the last half of her gloves first before continuing. “Names hold power, Saber. Call me Khabarovsk.

And Khabarovsk it shall be. It is an honour.

She smirked humorlessly. “So you say. Come.” She took the knight by the hand and drew him aside from the crowd of meandering fools, speaking to him in hushed tones. “I will be honest with you, a rare commodity. There is no honor to my actions. I seek the Script for my own selfish gain. Understand this. If you will not cooperate, I will be forced to use a Seal, and neither of us will enjoy that.” She held up her hand, revealing three tomoe circles upon the back of it.

The knight touched his raven black hair and played with a single lock, gazing at his Master for a long second before smirking. “Consider it understood. I can see that you would prove more entertaining than an old friend.

Khabarovsk smiled, a less sardonic one than earlier. “I’m glad that nothing needs to come of this. Shall I refer to you as Saber, then?” She offered a hand.

The knight took it gently and escorted her back to the crowd, as he would for any lady. “As you wish, Master."

Red

Ash simply watched as some made there incantations, her Servant having been summoned already. "Saber, how are things? No prying eyes?" She asked seemingly nothing, knowing Saber could here her. She had expected there would be no attempts of spying this early on, but she prepared for it, having Saber watch over the area for anything out of the ordinary. Ashley went and sat back down, her hands folded in her lap, the feeling of a knife holster on her back waistband prodding her uncomfortably.

Ian Temero Ian Temero

Caster of Black

And thus came about the time for the Black Team's master of caster to summon their weapon. They moved forth and drew their rune circle which what appeared to be powdered bone, to which they then splashed blood into the centre, cut from their own hand. The catalyst; an ancient hourglass weathered from eons of existence, was also placed in the bloodied centre. The incantation came next:

"O unholy conqueror of all, undying killer of all man who shall reserveth ultimate judgement upon all. I offereth my body, my soul, my sword to thy cause. Heed my call in the name of the Holy Grail and impart hellish deliverance unto thine mortal victims. I pray thy answer my summons: Caster!"

Immediately, the summoning circle lit up with a blood red glow and the ground began to rumble and shake. Cracks began to form in the stone the rune was drawn upon and a black smoke soon poured from the crevices. The cracks soon began massive gored holes in the floor as tormented wails sounded from below, signaling that a sizeable tunnel had formed from deep beneath the ground. From the thick dense black smoke came a figure, rising up via some form of levitation. The cracks began to close again as the wails died down, the smoke still shadowing the figure like a deathly aura.

cfd2799c5b56c54786113bb2b02da89c.jpg

The figure itself seemed to be deeply cloaked in some kind of cowl, obscuring any features despite the focus of even the most perceptive of individuals. The only imparted knowledge of the figure's appearances were the two red dots that stared out from the hood, apparently lifeless as they peered out at the others as one would observe cuts of meat half-heartedly. The being held no weapon nor any other equipment, but instead remained floating above the damaged rune circle enshrouded in its dark mist.

"This war is flawed." Was all it said, its voice an echoed whisper that seemed to reverberate unnaturally. A cold feeling would wash over those that got near to it, but nothing more. The hourglass on the ground would float up and disappear within the folds of the servant's cloak.

"I am Caster."

Black

Patrick watched as the Russian woman summoned her Servant, Saber. Stunned, he was awe struck for a few moments, before sighing and electing to get started. Father Nathan was quick to decide the same.

Holding out his hand, Patrick began to chant. For Patrick, he decided to try and keep it simple. It was his first summoning after all.

"Let fire be thy essence, and let strength be thy will. From ancient times, come forth. Come forth, near peerless warrior. Though your mind shall be clouded in rage and anger, your master's commands shall be obeyed. Come forth and answer my call."

Father Nathan was also keeping his short and simple, but using all his faith to do so.

"With fearless determination and unmatched tactical skill, once more will you walk. You who were struck down by God, be my weapon, my bow, my humble Servant. From lowly origins, rise once more and stand tall, master of war!"

As the continued, the air began to pick up as a bright light appeared in the center of the summoning circles. And then, two figures were appeared.

Patrick's eyes widened as he saw the massive, imposing man standing before him. He carried an enormous shield in one arm, and a spear with a bronze head was clutched in his other hand. He was dressed like a warrior from Ancient Greece, while his helmet had a pair of white horns jutting out to the sides. A short brown beard covered his chin. His muscles were tense and rigid, his eyes clouded, yet there was a hint of some level of intelligence there, some kind of sanity. He had no clue what he had just summoned at all, but he knew this....thing could deal some serious damage.

"Um....who are you?" he said, dumb founded

Father Nathan, on the other hand, was smiling. Standing in front of him was a man dressed in medieval garb. He had a cap on his head, a fine mustache of brown hair on his upper lip, and a brown cape on his shoulders. Embroidered upon his shirt was a chalice, orange in color. In his hand was a flail, but the black eye patch covering his right eye was all he needed to confirm Archer's true identity.

"I assume you to be my master?" Archer asked.

"Yes," Nathan answered.

Archer nodded, and took a moment to look around him at the other Servants. He stopped when he saw Saber, however. A small smile spread across his face. "Saber!" He said. "I take it you are a knight?"

Patrick was simply staring at Berserker, who was staring right back. Patrick found it rather unnerving.....until Caster was summoned, that is.

Berserker turned his head, staring at the hooded figure. When he turned his entire body to face him, the tension in his muscles got stronger as he moved his shield in front of himself. Archer's widened at the sight, his attention now fixed on Caster.

"Well, it is obvious you are Caster. Pray tell, why is this war flawed?" He asked, keeping his cool.

Kloudy Kloudy simj26 simj26

Last edited:
Caster of Black

The hooded individual swept his gaze slowly over to the mortal speaking to him, the red glare quite unnerving to those whose nerve was made of steel softer than swords.

"There are fourteen heroic spirits participating in this war. This is an unnatural occurrence." Glaringly obvious; it seemed Caster was not someone of many words. Caster had also apparently ignored the comment about it stating its own class, perhaps deciding it was an unnecessary interaction. Either way, it seemed as though the serious-looking servant did not intend to prolong the inevitable as it had witnessed so many try for time immemorial.

"Our enemies have been summoned, the war has officially started. We must mobilise to or construct a safe stronghold in which we may strategise and seek refuge in." Caster's gaze somberly swung to the others present, "I can create such a fortress, but I require more mana." It spoke slowly, the echo sometimes making it hard to speak fast lest it suffer being incomprehensible. But more than that, it seemed rather unused to speaking. It certainly raised an enigma: just what horrific monster or what twisted legend of the past lay hidden beneath the folds of that impenetrable veil of cloth and pure darkness?

S Slick416

Caster of Black

The hooded individual swept his gaze slowly over to the mortal speaking to him, the red glare quite unnerving to those whose nerve was made of steel softer than swords.

"There are fourteen heroic spirits participating in this war. This is an unnatural occurrence." Glaringly obvious; it seemed Caster was not someone of many words. Caster had also apparently ignored the comment about it stating its own class, perhaps deciding it was an unnecessary interaction. Either way, it seemed as though the serious-looking servant did not intend to prolong the inevitable as it had witnessed so many try for time immemorial.

"Our enemies have been summoned, the war has officially started. We must mobilise to or construct a safe stronghold in which we may strategise and seek refuge in." Caster's gaze somberly swung to the others present, "I can create such a fortress, but I require more mana." It spoke slowly, the echo sometimes making it hard to speak fast lest it suffer being incomprehensible. But more than that, it seemed rather unused to speaking. It certainly raised an enigma: just what horrific monster or what twisted legend of the past lay hidden beneath the folds of that impenetrable veil of cloth and pure darkness?

S Slick416
Archer of Black
Archer rolled his eyes, sighing. "No need to state the obvious. I know full well who you are, and you must know I never feared you in life. However, we should first ensure we have all Servants summoned before you start collecting your mana. As of this moment, I count only four Servants, myself included. To be so critically outnumbered yet to go into battle anyway would be foolish."

Father Nathan raised an eyebrow. "Surely you are aware of how ridiculous such a thing sounds coming from you, Archer?"

Archer chuckled. "True, true, but I always knew what I was facing before a battle. Not here. We must be at full strength before we begin. All we need to summon are Lancer, Assassin and Rider. So," he surveyed each and every other person in the room with him, smirking slightly, "shouldn't the remaining masters finish summoning their Servants?"

Patrick thought about it, while Berserker switched its attention to Archer, tilting his head slightly. He lifted his spear, holding it straight up.

d9341cb8cb182f9dbd7f31a7bec74c1f--fantasy-art-warrior-fantasy-karakterek.jpg
Saber
The air next to Ashley shimmered and young woman with crimson hair, deep blue eyes, and pure, pale skin materialized. "I am sensing nothing out of the ordinary." She reported, her voice so gentle it could calm a raging storm. "All seems to be well."

Saber leaned back against the nearest wall, her armor clinking as she settled in to watch the remaining Servants summoning. While she made no comment, the swordswoman frowned at the elegant lady's dismissal of her master and the frown only deepened when the cloaked woman and the bearded man came into existence. She turned to her master. We are to fight along side these... villains? She asked silently. She was still having trouble coming to terms with the fact that she was to fight against the church, now she had allies that were filled with darkness.

As she was complaining however, a chill ran down her spine. She turned to the window and stared off into the distance before turning back to the group. "It seems the black side may have summoned someone troublesome." She announced for everyone to hear before returning her eyes to the window. "Something truly evil has just been allowed into our world..."

Red

Ashley looked to Saber, a light grin. "Well Saber, in my opinion, villainy is a matter of perspective. These people aren't inherently good or bad, it's just what you make of the legend, I'm sure some people saw you as a villian for rebelling against your ruler." She told her, leaning back more comfortably into her chair, trying to sit in a way where her knife didn't press against her. She looked back at Saber as she mentioned something of great evil coming into this world. "Isn't that just swell..."

She wanted to say something along the lines of 'Only the Church would pull a card like that,' but she held her tounge, learning that Saber didn't take kindly to talking bad of the Church, and Ash was sure her having to fight against her entire life would be very rough for her.

Ian Temero Ian Temero

Red - The Fae

"My "trip" was practically instantaneous, Master, though I will thank you for the sentiment." The barest hint of a smile was visible beneath the hood of Caster's cloak as she replied and stepped from the circle, closer to Asa.

"All that aside, Hon, we have work to do. First things first, these are for you." Reaching behind him, Asa picked up the diadem and tooth and handed them to Caster. "I trust you know what to do with these." He received a nod as the items disappeared into a fold in Caster's cloak. "Excellent! Now, I've been told that you should have a basic understanding of our current situation, by virtue of the summoning, so I will not waste time explaining it, but if there is anything you need to know, I will attempt to answer to the best of my admittedly meager knowledge." Asa sat back into the empty chair gracefully and crossed his leg over; the picture of aristocratic elegance. He beckoned for her to sit on a cushion that had been left beside his chair.

"Your "meager knowledge"? Care to elaborate?" Caster cocked her head slightly with a questioning tone as she seated herself with barely a rustle of cloth.

"Oh yes, let me clarify. I'm not a true magus. From what I understand, all of the magi in this room come from a bloodline and have been taught magecraft since they were very small children. I was somehow hit by magic and had my talent awoken, and quite violently, if I might add. I have only been studying for a few years, so my skills with magecraft are that of a novice though my potential rivals that of a master. I will have to depend on you a great deal for this war Hon, but at least I have the raw power to support you with laughable ease, and I have more than just a few tricks up me sleeve as well." Asa smiled down at Caster with a familiar twinkle in his eyes.

"It is my mission to support you, Master. I will do so." Caster's response was without emotion as she spoke.

"Now now, none of that, Hon. I know your past, so I can say with certainty that you will soon want to assist me wholeheartedly. I chose you for a reason, so give me your best, and I will do the same." Asa's smile gained intensity that failed to belie his conviction. "Now, as soon as Beserker had been summoned, we can begin moving forward on the several plans I have devised to assure our victory."

Red - The Mordaunt Sisters

ustina cast a judgmental eye around the room, looking at all the Servants that had been summoned. A promising enough group, it seemed, though it was too early to make any real judgement. Tuning out the various conversations between Masters and Servants, she turned to her sister. "Virginia," she barked, "Please recall Lancer. Archer will remain on lookout."

Virginia jumped, and nodded. 'Lancer,' She communicated, 'Can you come to my side? The other Servants are being summoned.'

ae4aee820415205b834ebdc7631ccbbc67a398df.jpg

Several seconds later, the air around Virginia shimmered, and a young man, clad in strange armour, appeared in front of her. "Master," He said, softly, nodding at the woman. "It was interesting out there. I've never seen so many people in one place."

Virginia gave a soft smile, looking at Lancer. "I'd like to see it, too," She said. Then, she turned outward, towards the group. "Everyone, this is Lancer!"

The Servant himself turned towards the group, looking carefully at each Servant and Master. His eyes lingered over Caster and Assassin in particular. "Hello," he said, a grin forming on his face, "This is strange, isn't it? I feel like we should all be killing each other," He spoke casually, but behind him, Virginia's eyes widened.

"Lancer!" She cried, "Don't say things like that! We're a team!"

"A team?" He asked, peering back at his young Master, "That seems unnecessary. I've never had anything like that in life. And I definitely won't be working with that bastard Archer," He paused, manifesting a spear in his hand. "Those church people are the enemy, right? So why don't we take the fight to them right now?" He blurred forward, grabbing Virginia by the arm.

Virginia held up her other arm in protest. "Lancer, no! You can't beat seven of them by yourself!" She looked around the room, pleadingly, Lancer remaining unmoved by her words.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back