• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Fate/Infinity

01001011 01101000 01100001 01101111 01110011

Khaos sat by himself, finishing up a brilliant invention. He lifted up handle which proceeds to ignite the gas in the air to turn into a gaseous version of a lightsaber. He twirled it around, leaving the soft edged blade to softly hum. He snickered, why yes this would do him wonderfully. It couldn't cut as well as he wanted, but the magnetic field was finally strong enough to hold the plasma stability into a Mobius strip. Or maybe just an infinite loop, but either way! He would deactivate the device, and send a few online posts. He would get some weapon contracts if he survived till tomorrow most likely, there is a lot of utility one can get from a thousand degree knife at will. But that was then and there, now he should come back to reality. He popped open a door and invited Rider in.

It was a fancy restaurant, which he has somehow managed to get them an invitation to. He said, "Thankfully, I already know what I want. This is the least I can do for you..." He would get a waiter to immediately walk them over, showing he had a little bit of influence in the town... or he was planning this a long time ahead and managed to just fill a lonely seat. He tinkered on his forearm gauntlet for a little longer, setting a few plans up...​
Ian Temero Ian Temero

Marco Vaughn
Marco tapped his foot against the ground in a slow tempered rythm that betrayed the anxious feeling in his gut. As he thought about the information Saber had given him about the few servants that had gathered, he was fairly uncertain about their odds. Regardless, he completely believed in his servant to put 100 percent into the coming battles.

Looking up at Saber, Marco stopped tapping for a moment.

"How are you doing, Saber? Have you decided to check out early on the whole deathmatch scenario?"

Darkholme Darkholme

Saber
Having just finished regaling the tale of his encounter earlier in the day, it seemed that there was a feeling of anxiety within his master. He did not hold back in his assessment of the enemy servants. He stated quite clearly that they were powerful and skilled, and it would not be a simple task to defeat them. But despite the news he related, Saber's confident stature did not wane. He didn't seem very worried, holding high hopes for their potential victory in the coming days.

"Of course not. I have something worth fighting for, and the skills with which to achieve that something. You mustn't lose faith now, as there's no way that anyone with the capability and will to summon a hero of my caliber is any different. Just because the battles will be difficult, certainly doesn't mean that victory is out of reach."

He gave a decisive nod to his master, waiting for his response. He was expecting his spirits to be roused once again, and perhaps a proposal for their battle plan. He had his own ideas, but wanted to test his master's competence in regards to more modern tactics.

(Ignore the flames and armor pieces)
1dbb2e2196e176f0015047754eacaaa7--manga-girl-manga-anime.jpg
Rider
hudhouse hudhouse
"Well I was mighty stumped when you told me to put on my best bib and tucker, but now it makes sense." Rider said with an amused smirk as Khaos opened the door for her. She had ditched the cowboy gear for an old fashioned dress with frills and faded blues, browns, and creams, and had traded out her hat for a large blue bow. "I was wonderin' if you were wantin' to play the gallery for the enemy," She commented as she followed him and the waiter, "but instead, when all the others are probably out there fightin' like Kilkenny cats, you're treatin' your weapon in this war to a fancy diner." She put a hand to her lips to hide a giggle. "Yep! You're an odd stick alright!"

They arrived at the table and without waiting for either the waiter or Khaos to pull out a chair for her she sat herself down. "Don't get me wrong none, this is sweet an' all! But it ain't what I was expectin' when I answered your callin'." Sure, this seemed like the normal direction this day would have gone, especially considering their "date" to the zoo a few hour earlier, but neither of them were exactly normal, plus that trip actually had a tactical purpose. "So why ain't we out there?" She questioned. "Layin' low an' waitin' for the others to beef each other first?"

Then something occurred to her. "Hold up one second. If you've got the dinero for a posh place like this, why's you're ace in the hole a cave out in the woods?"

Last edited:
Archer

064e5f9a918fbe7c47399abcc5dda0bc.png

The day had proceeded quite simply for Archer. It hadn't taken long for his wounds to heal and leave him back in peak fitness. Still, his Master's mana supply wasn't limitless so he kept in spirit form to ensure there were no issues come nightfall. The moment the sun had set he was off. Now was the time for a proper fight and he was determined to find a worthy opponent for he and his Master. Katsu was going to be the death of him anyways, may as well get her into the fray right out of the gate and be done with it.

Archer's form glided through the city. Prowling for a servant that was likely doing the same. His search didn't take long to yield a result. In the distance he could sense the distinct presence of a fellow servant, guiding him in the direction of the local high school. "Looks like we've found our prey, Master." Archer's voice echoed through Katsu's mind. The other servant was stationary. It was obvious they were waiting for something. He'd just have to ask when he arrived.

Archer finally reached his destination, the far end of the school's roof. The man exited spirit form upon his arrival to reveal his imposing physique. There wasn't even a trace of the damage he had sustained earlier. It was as if he had just been summoned. But then, what were a few scratched to someone like him? He held his gaze on Nadina. While he could sense her servant around he could only see the magus. A confident smile played across his lips as he looked the woman over. "This war seems to have an abundance of pretty Masters. Not that I'm going to complain." Archer held his hand out to his side, his sturdy bow materializing within it as he spoke.

"Why don't you have your servant reveal themselves so we give this war a proper start? That skirmish earlier was a good warm-up but I'm looking for a proper fight tonight."
He knew it wouldn't be long until his Master caught up. He had left her behind earlier and that was obviously not going to fly a second time. But there was no law mandating he wait for her to get things started. Archer raised his bow, taking aim at Nadina. An arrow materialized as he drew the string back. Without warning he loosed the arrow. The projectile sped at incredible speed directly at the young Master's chest. He wasn't going to play hide and seek with the other servant, it was far easier and faster to force them out of spirit form. And there was no better way than to threaten their master's life.

Hanarei Hanarei Severia Severia Godhowsae Godhowsae

Caster
cfd2799c5b56c54786113bb2b02da89c.jpg

Caster had been busy. Very busy.

His undead bird familiar had returned to him, imparting the knowledge of the fight to Caster with perfect clarity. It had identified three servants. An assassin that apparently teleported and wielded unsettling tentacles as its weapon. It also appeared to hold an ability to mentally interfere with the next servant: Rider. A young female who was content with attacking simply with her bare hands and feet. Her speed and strength were enviable, but her ace undoubtedly lies with her noble phantasm, whatever steed she would summon into combat. Her opponent was an archer servant, a strong imposing man who held incredible skill with his bow and matched Rider in physical prowess, it seemed. He had been damaged by Assassin, but it was not to be a killing blow.

Caster let the zombified bird fly free again to scout more of the city and observe more of the battles it held. A flock of similar birds followed the original one, each splitting to its own path to cover a wide area. Caster would know what went on in this place, he had eyes and ears in many places and the dead spoke many truths to him.

Caster himself was not at the graveyard he had been summoned at still. Near the south, Caster had found a rather tall building, possibly a skyscraper, to suit his needs. First he set up a bounded field around it. He then drained all life within the building, it had still been day so there were some people around. With the extra mana, he altered his bounded field to project a light barrier. Those looking into the field from the outside would still see the skyscraper with people working in it as usual. Some servants who were perceptive enough, such as Archer, would see through this charade, and any skilled masters may do so as well, but most would be unknown to this trick. It would detect and slowly drain the lifeforce of all living beings that entered and the barrier itself was nearly-indestructable. A powerful noble phantasm would be needed, at least.

However, Caster was far from finished. His skill in necromancy was unparalleled. Given his legend, there was literally no equal to him in this area, and so he had been granted unimaginable power by the Holy Grail. "Flight." His body began to glow purple as he ascended up to the top of the building, completely unaffected by the strong winds that took up at the high altitude. As he landed on the roof, the glow disappeared. Caster than raised a skeletal hand.

"From unbroken bonds to hallowed chains, I, he who binds you to your prison, he who condemns all to my kingdom, call upon your contract. Surrender your death to me, an abhorred palace to strike fear to the weak. Grant me my throne, I grant you your death." And with that, the ground within the bounded field began to shake and rumble violently. The building and it's surrounding permitted land that the bounded field encapsulated was rather large, but filled with empty space. This was soon changed as bones began to protrude from the earth. Massive sharp ribs began to poke out from various places, giant spikes of bone slowly rising up towards the building. A skeletal lattice would creep up its walls as skulls and arms would form on, in and around it. Soon the building was completely submerged in Caster's influence, the inside being just as infested with undead remains as the outside. It would prove to be a suitable workshop for his plans. Thankfully, this endeavour was not a noble phantasm of Caster's, but merely a product of his skill in necromancy, such was the power granted to him by the Grail.

bone-tower-644x398.jpg

With that finished, Caster required more mana to supplement himself. There was a nearby hospital, nursing home and insane asylum not particularly far from his location, so Caster decided to do some harvesting. It was becoming dusk by now, Caster flew over to each location and, without a bounded field, simply began absorbing the life force of everyone there. Caster was not ready to attract too much attention just yet, so the nearly deceased, the elderly and the insane would be the most inconspicuous meals without garnering unwanted focus. Such people would not be missed by the people, too.

As he returned to his workshop, Caster set about summoning minions for himself, "Awaken, brothers. Horror of the dead, armed with the lust for life. Resist the lull of sleep and serve me." Monstrous creatures, skeletons and beings made with rotting flesh dug its way up from the ground or detached itself from the tower itself. They were not an army, as such, but more than enough to defend his workshop from any snooping masters. Of course, they would only slightly hinder a servant, but that was not Caster's focus at the moment.

It was dark now, dark enough that no one would be able to distinguish his tower's silhouette from the others in the pitch blackness. Caster needed to act now, he had enough mana to use some of his more potent spells and still sustain himself and he could always go siphon more from the populace. No, now he needed to find a servant. A willing victim to attempt to face him in battle. It would likely be disconcerting to witness a caster servant attempting to engage in open combat, but Caster was no orthodox servant. The killing of his previous master and literally becoming his master was already testament to that.

Caster glanced at the command seals etched into his shadowy cloak, the symbols holding a great power over himself. They would no longer be used to force control over him, but instead exclusively used to accomplish the impossible. It was a trump card in of itself, if there ever was one. Activating flight again, Caster took off into the skies, searching for a victim.

nEb0v40.png

As her master spoke, Lancer in her spirit form stood still. She was once again in her original outfit, with a spear rest firmly in her right hand. Her eyes were closed as she gave a short "Understood" and nodded, even though the magus had no way of seeing...

Then, she suddenly sensed a presence of her fellow servant. Lancer opened her eyes and said to her master with a monotonous telepathic voice.

"Master, an enemy servant is approaching... Your order please."

As she finished, her head turned to the masculine servant that just appeared. As she looked at him analytically, the servant.. Archer manifested his bow...

The wind roared. Sparks flew through air. A high-pitched sound of metals clashing with high speed could be heard.

From the sharp blade that already appeared, gradually materialized between the bowman and the master was a servant Lancer. Despite her appearance and previous actions during the day, she said nothing and revealed no facial expressions, only the cold gaze that was fixed on her enemy could be seen.

Last edited:
After the whole debacle Jeanette got a good idea of the other servants power including her little internet myth friend's abilities. Although it wasnt everything she needed to know, spending the rest of the day having assassin watch out for any more potential masters and servants she scoped out places that would be good observation points. It was clear that she couldnt deal with any servant and she doesnt know anything about their masters so hopefully by next morning she would get the identities of masters and see the other servants and maybe identify them. Maybe she could get assassin to cause a ruckus and attract servants to him, see his abilities too, hopefully at the most pick off a master when hes alone. Although the masters are probably top magus's so she'd have to catch them my surprise.

When she got back home after her walk the sun was already setting, and after assassin confirmed that she wasn't followed she started grabbing her gear, mostly guns and binoculars, several cameras but most importantly her belts full of runes. "We'll lay low for the night, take a look at the other servants and identify masters." She looked at assassin with a frown and pointed at him. "They probably know who you are seeing how you're recent and infamous, they're magus's and i doubt all of them dont go on 4chan or some other internet website every now and again." Jeanette was slightly distraught that her servant teleport-ed her right in front of two others, the masters of those servants were probably watching so they probably know what she looked like too. Sighing once she got done dressing up she walked over to him. "lets go hunting, nearest servant you can sense, at least 400 meters away and in cover, please." She smirked at assassin now that she knew he could teleport and now that she was prepared for it.
LostHaven LostHaven (you pick whoever you wanna bother <3)

Nadina_Banner.jpg

Nadina heard Lancer's voice mentioning the arrival of a servant. She knew it was likely she would be directly confronted... she more then suspected it as a possibility. Still, the shiver that ran through her spine couldn't be helped as her adrenaline pumped through her sister. A mixture of fear and excitement filled the young Magus. It was only natural for such a thing to happen, as much as she liked to play all high in mighty, it wasn't as if she had much combat experience. Most Magus, herself included, tended to mostly practice the art on their own or through sparring matches. Battle was a much less common practice then it had once been with magecraft being suppressed from the public, the few who were using it were either criminals or those hunting them down.

She watched as Archer materialized before her. Her red eyes kept locked on him, keeping up a strong front. In truth she couldn't help but be a bit afraid. A servant would easily be able to take out a Master, no matter how talented a Magus might be. There were very few who could hold their own against a servant, and those who could only typically stood that chance due to specific circumstances that allowed them to have enough of an edge to do so. Even in most of those cases, there was little a Magus could do against a servant's noble phantasm. She stood strong, hearing what sounded to be a compliment. Truthfully she wasn't quite sure how to respond to it, a very soft blush forming on her cheeks despite attempting to act tough.

His following words left her wondering a bit. She could only suspect he had something to do with the strange occurrence earlier in the day... or at least he had been involved with whomever it was who caused it. She watched him point the bow at her, drawing back an arrow. There was a high likelihood he was Archer just off that factor alone. She stood resolute, her heart racing as he prepared to release the arrow. She suppressed her fear standing resolute.

"Lancer!" She called out just before the arrow was fired. She stood in place, a sense of relief quickly filling her as her servant materialized before her. She kept up her sturdy composure keeping her eyes peeled only briefly upon Archer before glancing to the side. "I trust you to handle Archer. I'll worry about the Master." She spoke, putting her trust in her servant.

Xel Xel Godhowsae Godhowsae Severia Severia

(Ignore the flames and armor pieces)
Rider
hudhouse hudhouse
"Well I was mighty stumped when you told me to put on my best bib and tucker, but now it makes sense." Rider said with an amused smirk as Khaos opened the door for her. She had ditched the cowboy gear for an old fashioned dress with frills and faded blues, browns, and creams, and had traded out her hat for a large blue bow. "I was wonderin' if you were wantin' to play the gallery for the enemy," She commented as she followed him and the waiter, "but instead, when all the others are probably out there fightin' like Kilkenny cats, you're treatin' your weapon in this war to a fancy diner." She put a hand to her lips to hide a giggle. "Yep! You're an odd stick alright!"

They arrived at the table and without waiting for either the waiter or Khaos to pull out a chair for her she sat herself down. "Don't get me wrong none, this is sweet an' all! But it ain't what I was expectin' when I answered your callin'." Sure, this seemed like the normal direction this day would have gone, especially considering their "date" to the zoo a few hour earlier, but neither of them were exactly normal, plus that trip actually had a tactical purpose. "So why ain't we out there?" She questioned. "Layin' low an' waitin' for the others to beef each other first?"

Then something occurred to her. "Hold up one second. If you've got the dinero for a posh place like this, why's you're ace in the hole a cave out in the woods?"

01001011 01101000 01100001 01101111 01110011

Khaos looked up to her, and sighed. He said, "It's a moral thing, and a mental stimulation one. Look at what you just said, you called yourself a weapon. If you have that type of mentality, I assume I must be the same generalized. You are not a weapon to me, but a living thing that deserves respect. As such, why not enjoy a bit of time here before the war? Besides... An army marches on its stomach." He ordered through his gauntlet, waiting for the waiter to pass. He looked to her and said, "...Remember when you said that I nearly killed myself by walking into the circle? I'm not exactly... experienced in this. I'm hoping my magic, my technology, and your brawns and brains will let us win the war. I am afraid that currently all I can think of to win is a blitzkrieg assassinate the Master situation..." He took a bite of his meal, enjoying the warmth of it.

Hey, wait a second. Big brother... Overwatching the public... Cameras... Linking up, they should all connect to... wait the internet should allow him to hack into several ones or free. He would begin tapping away, doing google searches and trying to find exposes free cameras online. He slid it away, and said, "...I'm afraid I get overstressed pretty easy. So... somewhere calm with a good, kind friend helps me to focus my breathing and live in the moment instead of drifting on a sea of darkness..."

Khaos thought deep, a strange weapon that shined around him. This wish was going to be the death of him, and the birth of a god. He was going to sacrifice himself for a cause that he believed in, and he would remember this point as one his last of humanity. Or his last of living. A human face was a good one to remember...

Assassin
Assassin had followed his master around for the rest of the day. Not walking right behind her, of course, but teleporting from one obscure place to the other- it was in the rules of the war to keep magic secret, after all. By the time Jeanette was finished with her little stroll, the sun had already set. As Jeanette approached her apartment block, Assassin would teleport into her room, and witness her packing various gear, including guns and binoculars.

"You ARE aware of what I'm infamous for, right? The myths say I kill children. I'm surprised you didn't freak out when you saw me, thinking I'd kill you or something." Assassin commented, while watching Jeanette pack her gear. "Of course, I won't go around murdering children and rip out their internal organs before impaling them onto dead trees if that makes you uncomfortable. However, no promises I won't brutally murder the other servants." Assassin gladly obeyed his master's wish to 'go hunting,' and suddenly vanished into thin air for a few moments. Very soon, he returned to the apartment building. "There's a bounded field around a skyscraper. If I'm not mistaken, its probably a hideout for a servant and their master." Assassin informed Jeanette. "If I had to guess, it's Caster and their master. I bet you two-thousand yen that whatever's inside is going to scream 'MAGIC EXISTS' to the public." Assassin wasn't joking either, as he pulled two 1000 yen banknotes from his suit. "However, I'm not sure what the bounded field will do. So I will drop you at another skyscraper and I shall enter myself. I will keep you informed on what is happening, though."

Assassin grabbed Jeanette by the shoulder, as they both warped out of the apartment building. They would then appear in another skyscraper about 500 meters away from Caster's workshop. They appeared to be in an office of sorts, though the lights were closed, thankfully. That meant whoever's office it was, they aren't working at this hour. "Well, wish me luck." Assassin said, before warping outside Caster's base. However, on the inside, the skyscraper looked so much different than on the outside. Assassin would soon spot Caster's minions, and teleported before them, eight tendrils sprouting from his back. They would begin to lash around him violently. "Master... The servant has made a... bone spire thing with the skyscraper. And there's undead all over the place." He informed Jeanette, before focusing on getting rid of the undead. He would've defnintely caught Caster's attention.

Petroshka Petroshka Kloudy Kloudy

Caster

Caster had not strayed too far from his workshop by the time a wealth of information had flooded his timeless mind. Several of his undead familiars had returned to him, as he stood upon the roof edge of another tall skyscraper. It seemed that a few servants had been exposed in the cover of night. The one he recognised as Rider was with her master, whilst Archer and a servant Caster didn't know, who he guessed was Lancer from the weapon she wielded, were about to do battle. And to top it all off, a servant had entered his workshop's bounded field. Caster had never been one for emotion of any kind, but even he couldn't resist the urge to relish what encounters he would have with these myths.

There was only one possible course of action for now, Caster would have to return home to defend his territory. He sent his familiars out again to each location to spy some more; he wanted to observe the fight between Lancer and Archer and keep tabs on Rider, whilst attempting to discover the location of Assassin's master, who caster now recognised by its style of attack. It's master was bound to be nearby, outside the field, overseeing the ordeal. If Caster could execute his plan, it would prove very profitable in the current Grail war. "Flight." Caster took to the skies again as he quickly travelled back south.

Meanwhile, Assassin would soon begin to find he was having trouble smashing the skeletal minions that were attacking him. Whilst the actual constructs were not too skilled in combat nor particularly strong, the servant would gradually find himself getting slower, more fatigued and weaker as the bounded field drained his mana. Caster hadn't been able to tell Assassin's stats before for some reason, but he could only assume that the servant wouldn't have much mana as an assassin class. Even so, he decided to spice things up with a more powerfuls summon. Casting through his skeletal tower as a medium for his magic, Caster raised another three minions: undead Ravagers. They were very agile, somewhat durable and natural hunters and predators. Their sharp claws being more than enough to cut ordinary steel. Their sense of smell and hearing being much better than their lacking sight. Capable of dodging Assassin's initial strikes, they would begin to circle him, following his scent should he flee. They would wait for openings before striking, working as a pack. It would be more than enough to distract Assassin until Caster arrived.

Comp_0bbfc5_5541124.jpg

LostHaven LostHaven Petroshka Petroshka

Katsu Suzuki
Katsu leisurely strolled around the grounds until she was on the very edge of what seemed to be a field meant for physical training. She liked to think that normally there would be students out here running laps, constantly being grilled by their instructor. What a shame it was probably going to end up destroyed. Earlier, she had picked up some beer at a local store, the contents of which were in a shopping bag that she held in her left hand. In her right was an almost empty can that she had been drinking on the way over. There were many who told her this wasn't the proper way to act for someone of her station, but she couldn't care less what they thought. Emptying the remaining contents in her mouth, she swallowed and gave a sigh of relief. Katsu tossed the can behind her and placed the shopping bag on the ground.

"Time to get started."

She had her her servant loud and clear about finding another pairing. In fact, from her position she was able to see Archer's back. That was all she needed.

"Initialize."

Katsu had her right arm outstretched to the sky. The circuits inside of her body started to spin and her nerves were flooded with imaginary fire. A magic circle appeared in front of her hand while the magical energy continued to accumulate. Another magic circle appeared in the sky where she was aiming her hand.

"Set."

As the accumulated magical energy neared its breaking point, Katsu made a note to her servant. 'Say, Archer. You'll be fine if the building collapses upon itself right? Eh, forget it. Just stay where you are." With that, Katsu released her magical 'bullet' which resembled more of a laser beam and it shot up in to the magical circle which awaited in the sky. Upon contact, the beam split off in to a dozen smaller ones which curved and would come down upon the roof where the two servants and master were standing. It would be more accurate to classify it as an artillery blast than a bulllet, as it would tear apart the very thing they were standing upon.

Xel Xel
Hanarei Hanarei
Severia Severia

Archer

As expected, their servant couldn't just ignore his hello. However, as the servant materialized his expression fell slightly. "A child? You summoned a child to fight in this war?" His gaze shifted from the little girl to the woman she was protecting. He wasn't the type to go easy on his enemies, even if they were children. But that didn't mean he enjoyed it. Beating up on the weak was never a pass-time of his. "Of all the great heroes who desire the grail, you bring forth a child." Archer let out a long sigh as he shook his head. He refocused his attention on the servant this time, his expression clearly displaying his dislike for the situation. "I don't know what prompted you to fight in this war, Lancer. But this is no place for a little kid." Archer drew back the string of his bow as another arrow materialized. "That said, don't expect me to go easy on you. Little girl or not you wouldn't be in the throne of heroes if you were not capable." He was about to loose his arrow when his Master's voice echoed through his mind giving him pause.

"Collapsing building?" He muttered quietly to himself as he glanced back over his shoulder. His confusion didn't last long as magical beams rained down all around them. Each and every beam exploded on impact, the barrage devastating the school. As the explosions rang out he lost track of Lancer and her Master, assuming they were taking defensive actions. Even a servant wouldn't walk away unscathed from his Master's assault without defending themselves. Of course, he was one of the exceptions to this rule. As the beams came barreling down they slammed into him along with his surroundings. The explosions cascaded off his body as he simply stood there amidst the firestorm the attack created. True to Katsu's words the explosions buckled the concrete that he stood on, the collapse of the structure causing him to fall to the lower floors as smoke billowed up in a massive column. The rain of fire ceased as quickly as it had begun, the entire school looking as if it had been through a great war. Only small segments of wall still stood with dust and smoke still lingering in the air from the explosions and collapse. Among the rubble stood Archer, entirely unharmed. He pinched the bridge of his nose and let out another sigh.

"Master, just because you can't injure me doesn't mean you can be so careless with your attacks." He looked around the piles of debris, unfortunately the lingering dust kept him from seeing where Lancer and her Master had gone. He knew they were still nearby, he wasn't going to let them get away that easily. "You'll have to forgive my Master!" His voice echoed throughout the area for all nearby to hear. "Their idea of saying hello is a tad aggressive for most people! I trust that attack wasn't enough to take you out of the war, Lancer!" He kept his senses about him as he remained firmly planted where he stood. There was no reason to rush them down. And it was obvious they'd need at least a couple moments to compose themselves. "I'll leave Lancer's Master to you, you leave Lancer to me. My fight earlier was interrupted and I don't want a repeat." He thought about it for a few moments, knowing full well what kind of person his Master was. "In other words, Master, no more bombardment spells. Even if they can't hurt me they're still a nuisance." It was more like dealing with an overly energetic child seeking adventure than a Magus. But that wasn't anything he couldn't deal with. For now he'd simply wait for the various pieces to take their positions before engaging in earnest.

Rider
hudhouse hudhouse
Rider's eyes widened in surprise and she let out a short laugh. "Now that's a mighty rare way of thinking for a mage and one few of the other Masters will share.To them us Heroic Spirits are tools summoned to fight battles they can not, in a war for their dreams and sadly, whether you want to believe it or not, it's the truth." The waiter came buy with her dish and she thanked him in Japanese before continuing. "The fact o' the matter is when you summoned me you didn't give none about what I wanted. It didn't matter none what my dreams or wishes were, you just needed a weapon. In fact I'm willin' to bet if I hadn't ended up bein' a pretty young lady, you wouldn't be treatin' me none the same as you are now. But that's besides the point."

She paused for a second to collect her thoughts, then held up her fingers like a gun. "I'm like a six-shooter, you see. I'm powerful and dangerous, but alone all I am is pretty. It's only when a Master picks me up, loads me with ammo, points me at a target, and pulls the trigger that I can kill. But a pistol don't have no say in who it shoots and, while I am most certainly smarter than a gun, neither do I." She picked up her silverware and began to cut into the meat on her plate. "Let's not pretend I ain't somethin' that I am. Though I am flattered and mighty thankful that you want to treat me as a person and see me as a friend." She added, smiling graciously at him.

"Oh, and this war ain't about to begin, Mister Hokulani..." She added, motioning her head towards a nearby window, a spell in the distance lighting up the night sky. "It's already started."

She placed a fork full of meat in her mouth and then frowned. "The hell? I thought this Kobe beef was supposed to be somethin' special? It just tastes like beef!"

Rider
hudhouse hudhouse
Rider's eyes widened in surprise and she let out a short laugh. "Now that's a mighty rare way of thinking for a mage and one few of the other Masters will share.To them us Heroic Spirits are tools summoned to fight battles they can not, in a war for their dreams and sadly, whether you want to believe it or not, it's the truth." The waiter came buy with her dish and she thanked him in Japanese before continuing. "The fact o' the matter is when you summoned me you didn't give none about what I wanted. It didn't matter none what my dreams or wishes were, you just needed a weapon. In fact I'm willin' to bet if I hadn't ended up bein' a pretty young lady, you wouldn't be treatin' me none the same as you are now. But that's besides the point."

She paused for a second to collect her thoughts, then held up her fingers like a gun. "I'm like a six-shooter, you see. I'm powerful and dangerous, but alone all I am is pretty. It's only when a Master picks me up, loads me with ammo, points me at a target, and pulls the trigger that I can kill. But a pistol don't have no say in who it shoots and, while I am most certainly smarter than a gun, neither do I." She picked up her silverware and began to cut into the meat on her plate. "Let's not pretend I ain't somethin' that I am. Though I am flattered and mighty thankful that you want to treat me as a person and see me as a friend." She added, smiling graciously at him.

"Oh, and this war ain't about to begin, Mister Hokulani..." She added, motioning her head towards a nearby window, a spell in the distance lighting up the night sky. "It's already started."

She placed a fork full of meat in her mouth and then frowned. "The hell? I thought this Kobe beef was supposed to be somethin' special? It just tastes like beef!"

Khaos frowned when he heard this. He was never normal, he had never fitted in properly with anyone or anything. He wanted to be nice, and she was right on the fact the place would have changed. He would have most likely taken a male to a tavern, but he still would have treated them... since it was more for his mental health in the end. All this proved was that he needed to change his way of thinking to a ruthless killing machine. This was a war, there will be corpses, make sure he ain't one. Don't feed your revolver kobe beef...

Khaos said, "Well if you're right about anything... I probably would have brought a guy to a bar. Didn't know if you wanted to go there, but that would just ruin the surprise wouldn't it? Besides... if this war goes the way I think it will... this will be my last meal..." He silently casted a spell, sending a shot of plasma into the beef, giving it an electrified texture to the edge of it. The taste was more similar to the personification of lightning then, much stronger yet almost no aftertaste. It almost seemed as if energy had blasted through his mind, for his eyes glowed a soft yet darker red color. He said, "...Alright, Miss Rider... You are my revolver. I assume I am no longer allowed to care about who you are, what you are, what you want, and any morality you have. If that is the way I am expected to think... then I guess I have to get my favorite suit dirty to buy the fancy cake..." He finished his meal, and began to mark possible locations for targets. Then he got a report...

Local news, a school, as well as a storm of energy from the sky was discovered. Thought to be a meteor shower... that should be enough for these simpletons to believe. Maybe even some electrical damage, but eh, who cared about those finer details. He got out of his chair, quickly paid for the meal, tried to grab Rider by the forearm and escort her out there in a seemingly gentlemanly yet rushed fashion. He whispered, "I got confirmed magic attacks on the near by High School... I believe two servants are brawling. Their firmware is so weak I managed to get a view into the building, which then got shot by a laser. If all of this data is correct, I believe we can show up and assassinate these fools for a two for one special..." He turned on his car, unlocked the doors and awaited for her, before punching it towards the High School. He was trying to be inconspicuous for now in his ptich black car.
Hanarei Hanarei Severia Severia Godhowsae Godhowsae Xel Xel

XDXiNUt.png

Lancer still looked at Archer with an unchanged cold, unemotional gaze. Despite just being insulted, she didn't reveal... and perhaps didn't have any anger to begin with. What that eyes were telling was simple

The man is enemy. Nothing more, nothing less.

As their fighting spirits rose and the petite girl readied her spear in response to her opponent nocking the arrow, she suddenly sensed an enormous surge of mana. After visually confirmed the approaching beams, the Japanese servant acted. To ordinary people, or even magi like her master, it would appear that both the petite girl and the magus disappeared from the roof in the blink of an eye.

Lancer landed and gently put her master down next to the school lawn. While she could have just take the attack head on due to the Knight class servants' common skill and keep such short distance from Archer, the safety and well-being of someone who can order her came second to nothing but their own orders. That's how it always was.

Lancer still sensed Archer's presence nearby, despite their class advantage of long range attacks. The black-haired servant briefly considered her situations before spoke up.

"As per your order, I shall leave your side and engage enemy servant."

The servant then turned to look at what used to be the school building, now covered in wall of smoke. She didn't like the idea of leaving her master alone, but fighting Archer in close combat was something in her favor, and the magus said herself that she could handle the opposing masters. In the worst case, summoning Lancer back to her side through teleportation should be possible, if the servant didn't misinterpret the grail's information about command seals...

As Lancer heard her opponent's voice, she rushed into the smoke. It didn't take long before the tall man once again entered her field of vision. Upon seeing each other, the short girl let her boiling fighting spirit do the job of her tongue. After all, avoiding a hit and successfully landing an attack are far more important than pointless talking on the battlefield. As tension between them reach its peak, Lancer immediately kicked the ground and sent herself flying toward Archer with immense speed, with the tip of her spear aiming at the bowman's heart.

Hanarei Hanarei Xel Xel

Marco Vaughn
Marco listened as his servant encouraged him to push on, and couldn't help but smile. Saber was quite the intense one, that was for sure.

"You don't have to worry about that, Saber. I'm in this all the way, regardless of where we find ourselves in the end. So long as you're able to wield your blade, I'll keep wielding mine. On that note, we should get around to working through the other participants before they come looking for us."

Marco noted a massive flash of light, and the faintest sounds emanating from the city below them, causing him to slide out of his chair to observe. He looked down to see the smoke and debris of a collapsing building beneath them. He smiled softly as he opened the door to the balcony and climbed onto the railing. Examining the surrounding area, Marco could tell that that particular incident likely wasn't a result of late night construction.

"Hm. isn't that interesting, Saber? It seems they've all gotten started without us! Would you like to join the commotion there, or does the warrior prefer the hunt?"

Darkholme Darkholme

Nadina_Banner.jpg

Nadina looked to Archer hearing his words. A noticable look of distaste filled her face not seeming at all to like his insinuation. She didn't want to come off as if it had been on purpose she had summoned lancer knowing her to be the way she is. She hadn't at all been what she expected... not that she doubted her ability. She knew the legends full well what she was suppose to of done... granted it didn't seem to be exactly what it had been told like in the history books. Her initial shock and disappointment had quickly faded... even if she did still feel a bit awkward about it truthfully deep down. She wasn't one who liked to demean someone else and judge them so harshly, even if her own bias might attempt to do so.

Nadina glanced up, her eyes catching sight of the attack. She looked up lifting her hand up quickly. Such an attack? What kind of idiot would attack in such a manner and cause so much collateral damage with such an ineffective attack for the energy it must spend to use it? She thought chanting a bit. As much as she was critical of the attack, she knew full well she stood little chance as far as getting out of it without being at least a little banged up. Her attempt to form a barrier to mitigate the damage however was suddenly halted as she felt an arm grasp at her, gasping out as she was suddenly flung forward carried by lancer finding her footing on the ground. She looked a bit taken back, a mixture of bewilderment, anger, and relief washing over her so quickly.

"Thanks lancer." She spoke, seeming to shrug away most of her emotions simply acting grateful in response. It was stupid to allow her own pride to get in her way for what had been a rather primitive form of a surprise attack. Her eyes fixated forward catching onto the one she could only assume to be the Master standing some distance away from her. Pleasantries are a waste on someone who would act in that way to attack, best to focus just on countering. She thought lifting her hand up. It seemed at the very least they seemed focused on what she assumed to be some sort of fire magic, though she was ready to keep her guard up. She began to chant, deciding to take advantage of acting quickly and the distance to work to her benefit.

Nadina's hand lowered to touch the ground. The ground began to move like a wave in the water, rippling out in a short focused wave towards the other Master. As it pushed on halfway down the field, the ground lifted further up as suddenly earthen spikes shot up, rising from the ground rapidly directed at the other Master seeming to seek to pierce her where she stood if she weren't to move. As the early spikes moved forward, Nadina began to change once more, this time a shorter one. A earthen spear formed hovering over her hand. At the moment Katsu would have to react, she waved her hand forward sending the earthen spear forward attempting to strike where she stood, whether she moved to evade her other attack or stayed her ground she prepared to strike her.

Godhowsae Godhowsae Severia Severia Xel Xel

Rider
hudhouse hudhouse
"Now don't get your back up, that ain't what I meant." Rider warned him with a scowl, a spark of electricity dancing across her eyes. "Your allowed to treat me anyway you damn well please, but if you decide to stop treating me like a person after all this I will be awful upset. It's just..." She sighed. Her voice may have been sweet as honey, but words weren't something she was really good with. The fact that he thought she was telling him to stop being a decent person to her was proof of that. "What I'm tryin' to say is, a gun's meant to kill and just cause a rifle looks pretty on your wall ain't mean that's where it belongs. You seeing me as human is a blessin', truly it is, and I'd be grateful if you continue to do so, but don't let my humanity blind you to the fact that I have a purpose."

She followed Khaos out to the car silently, not having much else to say...

Saber

His gaze trailing off into the distance, he paced slowly, following his master as he darted out onto the balcony. Such an exchange of magical energy surely wasn't something he could ignore, but he knew full well that it wasn't something other servants would ignore either. Given the options...he made up his mind, and addressed his master.

"I have no doubt that a battle is taking place. However, despite direct combat being my forte, it wouldn't be wise to dive headfirst into a battle with multiple servants. We should instead intercept another master-servant pair that is undoubtedly also on their way to the event, and engage them in a one-on-one fight. The servants I saw earlier were all quite formidable, but I doubt any of them would be able to match up against me in direct combat."

With that being said, he hopped up to the next rooftop, before he could hear any words of objection.

"I will begin searching for an enemy pairing. I trust you won't be too far behind. If we somehow become too separated and you come under attack, do not hesitate to call upon me."

With that being said, he leapt off into the night, searching the streets below for any movement. Surely anyone moving at this time during this event would have to be considered an enemy, and he wouldn't hesitate to close in and engage them.

Katsu Suzuki
Katsu watched her handiwork as the bombardment rained down upon the school. Truth be told, she may have overdone it just a bit. That's what the numbness in her right arm was telling her, at least. It didn't last long, as the feeling was forcibly overwritten. Good thing too, as it seemed the enemy master had survived the first salvo. 'It's just as well. What fun would this be if she couldn't even survive that much?' Cracking her knuckles, Katsu began to walk towards the master when her servant reminded her about her reckless use of power.

"Sure thing, partner. Let's have some fun!"

That was all she had time to say before the ground started rippling towards her. Given that the enemy was touching the origin, whatever was coming towards her probably wasn't anything pleasant. Katsu lept backwards, as the spikes erupted under the ground under her. She had little time to relax, as a spear made of the earth came throttling towards her. Was she specialized in earth magic? A small smile crossed her lips as the spear came closer. When it was in range, Katsu's eyes opened wide as she pulled back her fist and sent it straight at the spear. An explosion of magical energy erupted from her when contact was made with the projectile and it was smashed to pieces around her.

"Heh. My turn."

Landing soon after, Katsu started immediately. Her circuits began to rapidly spin, signified by a spinning magic circle running around her arm. Pointing it towards Nadia, she said a single word.

"Fire."

That was all the incantation she needed, as an magical bullet of explosive energy headed towards the girl. Katsu didn't intend to stop with that.

"Fire. Fire. Fire. Fire."

She kept shooting off magical bullets towards her opponent. Her high-speed incantation ensured that in a battle of magecraft, she would be able to output far more spells than any magus she faced. She was content to stay at their current range and overwhelm her opponent with her firepower.

Xel Xel
Hanarei Hanarei
Severia Severia

Archer

Archer's patience didn't go unrewarded. As the wind slowly carried away the smoke the little Lancer showed up. Her demeanor, her very sense of self, showed her to be an experienced warrior. It was something he had felt many times in life. He raised his bow, nocking another arrow and aimed it at the child. "You're not a very lively one, are you?" It was obvious that she wasn't one for words. In fact he hadn't heard her utter a single word since his appearance. But now clearly wasn't the time for dwelling on his opponents lack of communication skills. No sooner had she appeared was Lancer barrelling down on him, her spear aimed directly for his heart. As she charged he kept his arrow firmly in the bow, taking no action to shoot the girl down on her approach. Within the blink of an eye he had the servant's spear embedded deep into his chest. The speed of a servant should never be underestimated in the amount of ground they could cover. Archer's eyes were wide as his mouth went agape with a breathless gasp of pain. Blood gushed from the wound as Archer's arms dropped to his side. It truly was a magnificent first strike, one more than capable of ending a servant's participation in this war.

At least, that would be the case for anyone else. Archer looked down at the little servant, a smile plastered upon his lips as his left hand shot up to grab the girl's polearm. His strength far outstripped her own and he made sure to hold the spear in place no matter what the girl attempted to do to pull it free. "Sorry, I'm not so weak as to let an attack such as this do me in." With a speed surpassing Lancer's he raised his leg and let out a powerful kick, intending on sending the girl flying across the track field. Whether she dodged the blow or endured it was of little concern to him. He proceeded to pull the polearm from his chest, the wound closing almost instantly once the weapon was removed. All trace of damage immediately gone, as if her attack hadn't done anything to wound him to begin with. He looked down at the weapon, examining it before giving it a brief flourish. The way he handled it showed him to be quite familiar with that type of weapon. Finally content he looked up towards where Lancer was and tossed her weapon back to her, his smile having morphed into a cocky grin. "If that's the best you can do then I'm not the best opponent for you."

That brief encounter confirmed everything his intuition had already told him. The girl was weak. Far weaker than him. At least in terms of martial power. Of course there was far more to a servant than their raw strength. He would just have to persuade her to bring it out. "While I don't enjoy dominating the weak I am not so generous as to walk away from my enemy. So come, Lancer, show me what you are truly capable of lest your Master join you in death." To that end he once again raised his bow, however this time he wasn't going to hold back. He had held back too much already. He drew the bowstring back, the power of this attack being unmistakable. Archer let loose the arrow, the projectile streaking through the air faster than the speed of sound. The shockwaves it let off shattering the remaining glass of the school. The sheer kinetic force of the attack would impact like a small explosion, an extraordinarily lethal threat even to a fellow servant.

Rider
hudhouse hudhouse
"Now don't get your back up, that ain't what I meant." Rider warned him with a scowl, a spark of electricity dancing across her eyes. "Your allowed to treat me anyway you damn well please, but if you decide to stop treating me like a person after all this I will be awful upset. It's just..." She sighed. Her voice may have been sweet as honey, but words weren't something she was really good with. The fact that he thought she was telling him to stop being a decent person to her was proof of that. "What I'm tryin' to say is, a gun's meant to kill and just cause a rifle looks pretty on your wall ain't mean that's where it belongs. You seeing me as human is a blessin', truly it is, and I'd be grateful if you continue to do so, but don't let my humanity blind you to the fact that I have a purpose."

She followed Khaos out to the car silently, not having much else to say...

Khaos made a soft turn, acting casual despite the fact he was going off to try and kill. Explosions and attacks at the school shined through the glass, and he looked back to his mirrors, stating bluntly, "...In the end, you are the gun. You are the sword, and you are my shield. Due to all of these attacks, I got a suggestion for you. My research states that the building has two servants and two masters in the local area of the abandoned school. So I never thought I would EVER say this in my life..." His eyes glinted as they pulled up a safe distance away from the school, and he spoke bluntly, "...Carpet bomb the school, and eliminate a third of the competition in one moment in whatever way you see fit... I have an 87.5% certainty that only Servants and Masters are involved and my magic ain't picking up anything else..."

3459363-36432-spooky-glowing-eyes.gif
Kose exited out of the car, using his wrist gauntlets to examine the area and scan for any magical interference or targets. With each passing moment, he was pin pointing their location with greater accuracy... and he said, "...Oh, and please whatever you do... Don't die on me..."
Xel Xel Hanarei Hanarei Severia Severia Godhowsae Godhowsae

Saber

Despite the relative quiet that surrounded him, he was still on the hunt. Nothing much more seemed to be coming from the site of the original incident, but he was absolutely certain that whatever caused the magical explosion was still lingering. What irked him was the fact that nobody seemed interested in going to investigate - or were they? As he got closer to the combat area - on a street below - he finally spotted movement. A car pulled up, as at least one figure got out of the vehicle. More importantly, he could sense that there was an enemy servant there. Perhaps this hunt wouldn't be fruitless after all.

Leaping down from a nearby rooftop, he aimed to land a couple meters in front of the vehicle. As he neared the ground, a quick gust of wind emitted from underneath him, slowing his descent and his landing to be more graceful. Lightly touching down on the ground, he stood proud, looking directly at the pairing before him. It was obvious who of the two gave off the greater energy signature. His slowly raised his left hand, as a blade materialized in it. The sword hilt certainly seemed to be ornate, but details of the weapon were hidden by the brilliant light the blade itself gave off. He pointed the blade at Khaos, his expression turning cold and deadly.

"Flee now, mortal. I only offer you this one opportunity. My fight is not with you, but the hero that accompanies you."

Meanwhile, Marco was likely going to feel a sudden burst of mana consumption, likely revealing that Saber was about to enter combat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back