• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Colosseum Fate/Freefall: Act 1 - Mechanics

White Masquerade

QuirkyAngel's Red Oni
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
General Information

Time Limit

Why Is There A Time Limit?

So that players don't sit here and do nothing until the end of forever. The time limit is 100 posts. If there is no winner at the end of 100 posts, nobody wins; the game is over.

No Post Order

Why Is There No Post Order?

Because post orders would make the game feel stiff and controlled. I want it to be a fluid experience. So instead of posting order, we will work with Replies. When engaging another player, tag them. Until that player has responded to your tag, you may not post again. So there is no posting order, but the faster you are responded to, the faster you can post again. The slower you are responded to, the slower you can go again.

Sign-Ups

How Do Sign-Ups Work?

Masters and Servants will be chosen at the same time! I will randomly assign a magic lineage (Noble, Common, Novice, None) to each master, and a random era (Date Range) to each servant. The Master Selection will be PUBLIC! Servant applications will be PRIVATE! I will randomly select eras (years which servant/legend started). Servants will PM me which era they want. Once an Era is taken, I will list it as taken. First come, first serve. Masters will get their servant's character sheet through PM. Master sheets will be public for all to see.

Servants > Masters

In the Fate universe, masters are vastly weaker than servants. It will be the same here. When a servant attacks a master, it costs the master double the prana to elude. When a master attacks a Servant, it costs the master double the prana to bring harm. Here is what that means in RP.

• It costs a master 6 Magic Prana to harm a highly magic-resistant Servant (Archer).
  • It costs a master 4 Magic Prana to harm a magic-resistant Servant (Saber, Rider, Lancer).
  • It costs a master 2 Weak/Strong Prana to harm a Servant.
  • It costs a master 2 elude to escape a servant's attack.

Noble Phantasms Are Dangerous

Unlike normal attacks, Noble Phantasms take 2 elude to escape from. Here is what that means in RP.

• Servants must spend 2 elude to escape from a Noble Phantasm.
  • Masters must spend 4 elude to escape from a Noble Phantasm.

Masters Section

Command Seals

Besides allowing Masters to force normal commands on their servants such as, "I want you to say that you love me," they can also be used in one of these three ways. Only one per post.

• "Give it everything you've got!" This command gives +40 damage to a servant's attack, or +5 to the servant's effect, if no damage at all.

• "Don't. Die!" This command restores +50 HP to a servant by magically stitching up their wounds.

• "Come to my side...protect me!" This command calls a servant to the master, forcing the servant to block an attack. This does not cost any elude for the Servant or Master. It is completely free.

Command Seals Running Out

What happens when a master's command seals run out?

A master can no longer order their servant to do anything. Their contract with the servant is finished. A servant is free to attack their master, or immediately request another master form a pact with them. If the request is denied, the servant is removed from the game. If the request is accepted, there may or may not be new command seals given. This depends on whether there are unused command seals left in the Grail War. If there are, the new master will receive leftover command seals (up to 3).

***If a master is not dead, the grail may pair a free servant with that master. Be careful!

Supporting Your Servant

Magical Recovery

Masters may convert their Magic Prana into energy that can heal their servant. 1 Magic Prana = 10HP.

Protect Your Servant

Masters may elude for their servant if they wish. However, remember that it costs Masters double the Prana to elude a servant's attack.

Servants Section

Using Luck

What's Luck And How Do You Use it?

Luck is the mysterious ability to play with fate. In this role-play, it is an actual stat you can use. It will be the only time we use dice. You may use luck in place of Weak Prana, Strong Prana, Magic Prana (Caster Only), and Elude Prana, anytime you wish. Use it all at once if you'd like.

Roll one die with two faces, for each luck you use. If you use 3 luck, roll three die with two faces. Every 1 is a failure. Every 2 is a success.

A Servant's Identity

Why Does My Identity Matter?

It matters because that's what gives you the edge in battle. When other players don't know your class, HP, or skills, it makes it hard for them to plan a strategy against you. Try your best to keep your identity secret; it is one of your greatest weapons.

While Master profiles are public, Servant profiles are secret. However, certain actions will cause some or all of a servant's info to be revealed. Some of these actions include:

• Using a Noble Phantasm
  • A servant's name being discovered or revealed
  • Activating a special skill from a servant's class
  • Being revealed by another Servant's Noble Phantasm
  • Acknowledged guesses

When Your Master Dies/Runs Out of Seals?

What Happens when your master dies/runs out of seals?

If your master dies, you may request another master to take you on. If they refuse, you are removed from the role-play. If your master runs out of seals, you may also attack them in addition to requesting another master to take you on. Remember, a refusal means you are removed from the role-play.

Supporting Your Master

Protect Your Master

Servants may elude for their master if they wish.

Helpful Tips

Compatibility

Worst-case scenario, servants may be paired with a master that does not complement their skills. If this happens, look at your partner's skills and adjust your strategy. If a master is unfortunate enough to be paired with a Berserker Class, play knowing that your time is limited.

Interaction

To give this essentially "tournament RP," a little bit of story, don't be afraid to talk with your partner. Servant and master may have completely different views on life; feel free to explore that a bit.

Masters Eluding For Servants

Masters should think long and hard about eluding for their servant, when another servant attacks. It will cost the master double the prana, so don't use it randomly. Make sure the move is part of a good game-plan.

Servants Eluding For Masters

Just like in the Fate Universe, Servants protecting their masters is key to winning a battle and the grail. Servants should always consider eluding for their master, unless told otherwise; especially when another servant attacks their master. It costs Masters double the Prana to elude from Servants, so keep that in mind. Servants! Your master relies on you, just as much as you (hopefully) rely on them! Give them a hand!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back