Fate/Cross

[QUOTE="Iris 8th]thanks >.<
I've finally posted, hope it's ok >.<

[/QUOTE]
She's accepted^^

Rider class is now open for application.

I am interested in being Rider! Has the rp not started yet? I thought it had.

Sorry, I'm gonna have to work through the material. I didn't do it upon first interest because it was already full. I go forth.

What are the restrictions on the rider class? Is it someone who specifically rode some glorious mount in life? Does the noble phantasm need to revolve around said mount?

Rider needs a mount. It doesn't have to have a glorious tale(though that would be awesome^^)...the character just has to have been known riding it at some point in their life. No, NP's do not have to necessarily revolve around the mount, but one of your NPs must be summoning the mount.

Also, be creative, many Heroes fall under various classes so you're not really restricted to those that SPECIFICALLY rode something to make them famous, it could just be a part of their legend. You just have to justify it somehow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Indeed, at this point I'm just trying to make sense of the character sheets statistically and what not. The ability breakdowns look kind of intense, which is fine. However, the skill type breakdowns and classifications and what not are slightly confusing as I have no prior experience with the visual novels. I've only seen the three anime. I assume we come up with the abilities and then Quirky assigns the dice and modifiers that fall into those things? Also, some character seem to have skills and nps that blend into one another. I'm not entirely sure what is weak enough to simply classify as a skill and what should be categorized specifically as a noble phantasm.

Skills are more like things they can do on their own, an innate abilities they possess, a good example is a Prana Burst. While Noble Phantasms are the objects/forms/weapons that made them famous... Something like that. A hero may only possess ONE Noble Phantasm at a time. The exception being Goldie, since he has all NPs available but can't really use them because their essence is unknown to him.

He probably will... and even if he doesn't, Gilgamesh probably has the Longinus' predecessor in tow (assuming there's something like it). Like that time when he fought Arturia's Sword in the Stone with the Sword in the Tree.

vlgwlf said:
Skills are more like things they can do on their own, an innate abilities they possess, a good example is a Prana Burst. While Noble Phantasms are the objects/forms/weapons that made them famous... Something like that. A hero may only possess ONE Noble Phantasm at a time. The exception being Goldie, since he has all NPs available but can't really use them because their essence is unknown to him.
Diarmuid X2 spears

Arturia Excalibur Avalon

Karna Kavacha and Kundala and Brahmastra and Vasavi

Siegfried Fafnir armor and Balmung

Astolfo magic book griffin trap of argalia

Achilles spear shield invulnerability and movement buff NP

Medusa Bellerophon and breaker gorgon

Lancelot knight of honor Arondight for someone's glory

etc...

Yeah but they're part of his essence as a Lancer... That and the Nasuverse tends to break it's own rules from time to time.

As for Arturia's Excalibur/Avalon... They're technically one Noble Phantasm split in two.

Metaphysics said:
Do you think Gil would recognize or see Holy Lance Longinus as his?
You can argue that he won't actually. The spear received mystery and legend after one specific event of piercing Jesus. Gilgamesh has the original spear but not the spear that pierced Jesus specifically. He might have a spear that does the same thing in effect, but he won't have the exact same spear.

vlgwlf said:
Yeah but they're part of his essence as a Lancer... That and the Nasuverse tends to break it's own rules from time to time.
Perseus has five noble phantasms, Ramesses has two or three, etc.

Proxy said:
You can argue that he won't actually. The spear received mystery and legend after one specific event of piercing Jesus. Gilgamesh has the original spear but not the spear that pierced Jesus specifically. He might have a spear that does the same thing in effect, but he won't have the exact same spear.
Yeah, that's pretty much what I meant, even if he can't have the REAL Longinus, he'll probably have something similar.

Proxy said:
Perseus has five noble phantasms, Ramesses has two or three, etc.
It's funny because I think there's something about NP limits in the VN... I might be remembering it wrong though. Memory is a tricky thing.

Apocrypha mentions that summoning a hero into its own culture sphere brings it closer to the original form, granting potentially more noble phantasms and skills.

vlgwlf said:
Yeah, that's pretty much what I meant, even if he can't have the REAL Longinus, he'll probably have something similar.

It's funny because I think there's something about NP limits in the VN... I might be remembering it wrong though. Memory is a tricky thing.
That's Rin's quote.

She mentions that its the norm for a hero to have one noble phantasm, but then states right after that they might have more.

That makes sense, the stronger the love or belief for the historic figure, the more power it gains... Much like the Church's Sacraments.

Proxy said:
That's Rin's quote.

She mentions that its the norm for a hero to have one noble phantasm, but then states right after that they might have more.
Oh yeah, I remember her saying something like that. Thanks for clearing it up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apocrypha mentions that summoning a hero into its own culture sphere brings it closer to the original form' date=' granting potentially more noble phantasms and skills.[/Quote']
Lol, I was kinda expecting more ppl to capitalize on that and choose heroes with British origin since I specified that the battle would take place in London, England:P

Not that it matters too much, but I would've given them little boosts if they did.

tronethiel7 said:
If that's what you really want I can be Tolkien riding a Nazgul. Nay, too much.
Tolkien may potentially summon creatures completely immune to almost all attacks via ploy resistance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back