• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fate Accelerated Edition Game

DreamingofRoses

Rosa Indomitus
I've been wanting to run something for a while, and I wanted it to be a dice game because I really like the feeling of suspense dice rolls can add to a game, but I don't have a lot of books and I don't have a specific story in mind, mostly a lot of possibilities that require fleshing out, which makes FATE the perfect choice.

However, since I am simple minded and wanted to start off with something fairly uncomplex rules-wise, Fate Accelerated Edition seems a perfect choice. Download is @Mrs Hesperus of course), @DeusExAlice, @Silvertongued and @Teh Frixz as a few of the normal crew. I'm trying not to tag everyone I know because it's silly, And, of course, @The Dark Wizard

Last edited by a moderator:
That depends on what everyone wants, it could be anything from Shadowrun to Star Trek. I just really want to get an idea of what sort of things you guys would want to play before we get into the specifics.

To make this easier on everyone, I want y'all to do what Frixz did, make a list of elements you'd like to see in this RP and/or make a list of things you absolutely would not want to play. I know I sound like I'm being wishy-washy, but I'm not. I will use GM's prerogative if I have to, but for now I'm looking to see what everyone would like. When I get enough interested players I'll take the information everyone's given me, write up several detailed options for the game and you'll be able to vote from there,

(It's the curse of a system like Fate, it becomes so much harder to do online because it requires participation/contribution from all of the players, so please be patient with me.) If you state your interest but don't give any feedback that's fine, but you'll have to choose from whatever comes along.

Know what would also be cool? Your traditonal high fantasy in a modern setting.

Mages and witches and wizards but with things like cars... wait what?

I dunno, I think the juxta position of these ancient skills in a modern-esque world would be interesting

[QUOTE="Mrs Hesperus]Know what would also be cool? Your traditonal high fantasy in a modern setting.
Mages and witches and wizards but with things like cars... wait what?

I dunno, I think the juxta position of these ancient skills in a modern-esque world would be interesting

[/QUOTE]
Like Dresden Files? Sure, I'm up for that.

I forgot, that is Dresden Files, isn't it? My sister is going to his next book signing with a friend, need to make her get me a copy too.

Justttt noticed this.

I do love me some medieval fantasy, but at the same time I love superhero games...

How about something more... oWoD, but with actual hope in the setting? oWoD kinda theme, kinda world- dark, forboding... but rather than being Part of The Problem (Most vampires), or a Rules Breaking Monster (Mages), or someone fighting a hopeless war (Werewolves)... be Superheroes.

I mean, like a real life legitimate historical setting with five or six people being gifted super powers akin to golden age comics.

Oh. Ah... Hrm.

The issue being that unless we add some fantasy elements, or other people with superpowers, I don't see much challenging a Golden Age type Super Hero in a Medieval Era. But then again, you don't see much outside other supes and fantasy elements challenging one in a Modern Era, either..

"We have the will of [insert religious entity here] with us. We will not fail."

'We have a hulk :^)'

And that's how the 24th crusade ended

Users who are viewing this thread

Back