• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Farewell to Kings: Temple of Hyxia

"Still sour that I wouldn't sleep with you, are we?" Delilah smirked, leaning against her horse. The man frowned, hand tightening on the reigns. "Who wants a cursed bitch sleeping in their bed?" he spat, causing the other three to go rigid, "no wonder your husband threw you away. The poor fellow died before he could find someone good." Delilah's expression turned cold as the man's smile curled. His companions laughed, jeering. Rheitz put her hand on Delilah's arm. "Who are they?" she asked nervously, her hand going to her dagger. "Drionmeth and his scum," Winston hissed.

Lautrec’s hands tensed around his rapier. He desperately wished to send this man to hell, but he’d made things worse for everyone before. He decided to ask. He cast message, which would travel to Delilah and have his voice speak soundlessly into her ear.
“I’m ready in position. I can strike this mewling worm for you.” Lautrec said.

Her mouth quirked, "Could you scare the hell out of them?" Rhi looked at her, confused, "Um...okay." Before Delilah could stop her, she threw herself before the group, stomping her foot. "You mindless idiots! How dare you call the Red Queen a "bitch"! Do you even know who she is?! If you say another word, I'll kick your buts!" She flashed her knife, poising herself to run at them.

Lautrec clenched his teeth. She didn’t know that a message spell was only one-way. Rhietz may have put herself in danger. He needed to think quickly.

As she flashed her knife at the men. They’d see multiple versions of Rhietz appear. The copies grew larger and more monstrous, making it seem like Rhietz was a master of demons ready to sick her wicked legion onto them.

Drionmeth waved his hand, muttering a spell to clear the allusion. "Ah, so the Red Bitch has aligned with the Pale Rider? I'm surprised you would stoop so low, Lautrec." Rhi shuddered at his wicked grin, her knife flashing. "Don't you dare say that about Delilah! Lautrec has good judgment, which is why he isn't with jerks like you!" She flung her knife and it sunk into the flesh of the dwarf's pony. It reared, screaming in pain. "Ay girly, you're gonna pay for that!" the dwarf yelled, trying to stay on his mount. The elf next to Drionmeth had already strung his bow with an arrow, pointing it straight at Rhi.

Drionmeth held up his hand.

"It's good to have a little competition Falreihn. Though with such competitors I'm sure we'll win," his eyes raked Delilah, mouth curling. "Then I'll take my prize."

"And if we win?" Delilah had put up her calm, seductive facade, her finger sliding down the blade of her knife.

Drionmeth's face hardened, staring at the woman. Delilah smirked, tucking the knife away, "I'll keep it a surprise. I know you'll love it."

Drionmeth cracked a haughty smile, "-highly unlikely, but I'll let you cling on to hope a little longer. I like to see my competitors think they can win." He glanced at his men, flicking his reigns, "Don't worry. That temple is mine!"

Once they rode off, Lautrec dropped down from the trees. His horse catches him as he falls.
”Which way” He asked.

Last edited:
Tobias was studying the map that Rhi had given him, frowning. "I believe we go South. You are heading to the Red Desert, correct?"

Red Desert?!
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck

He was calm. His hands were shaking but he was calm.
“Yes. A village, Rhietz knows the way.”
He remembered why they named it Red Desert. It’s blackened earth from an old blood feast that lasted for two weeks. The old lords of Dracül. It was a scarred land tainted with curse.
“We should be very careful. We are headed for a cursed land.”

Last edited:
Rheitz shrugged, "I think the culture is more screwed up than the land. But the food - the food is amazing." Rhietz scrambled over to her donkey, throwing herself onto the creature. "Let's go!" Tobias made a face, glancing at Lautrec. "Is she always this wishy-washy?"

The group had decided to spend the night at an inn on the road. The host had given them their rooms, provided them with places in the stables, and they had paid for a meal. The chairs and tables in the dining hall had been pushed into a circle, creating a large space for people to dance. A fiddler and flute player sat near the hearth, playing a merry folk-tune whilst couples and friends danced, their faces filled with mirth and life. Rheitz had dragged poor Tobias onto the floor, jumping and twirling as the young man blushed furiously as he was extremely embarrassed. Enius had gone to the bar to drink and Winston was sleeping in his room, claiming that he had had enough "rotten company" today and would rather go to bed. Delilah grinned, clapping in time with the music as she watched the whirlwind of dancers, an open bottle of wine sitting at her elbow.

Lautrec had a glass of milk in front of him. He didn’t dare glance at the liquor or wine after last night. He was seated near Delilah. He distracted himself by watching Rietz dance. The girl was pretty wishy washy but that made her a fun time to have.
He let out a sigh and drank. He silently wished they had attacked those bastards today. He also wished they weren’t going into Red Desert tomorrow.
He glanced over at Delilah.
“How come you aren’t dancing?”

Last edited:
Delilah swirled the wine in her glass, staring at the reflection of her face in the red liquid. She glanced at the milk in front of Lautrec and smirked, "Why do you want me to?". A particularly old couple had graced the floor, performing a jig while those in the circle clapped.

The rider didn’t answer. He stared out towards the crowd and watched the old folks dance. He had a forlorn expression on his face.
Amelia loved to dance. He didn’t have to say it. His eyes told the story. He objected at first, but she got him on the dance floor. Amelia didn’t make fun of him for moving like a bad marionette.

Delilah glanced at Lautrec's yearning expression, his eyes intent on the ring of dancers. With a sigh, she stood up and placed her wine glass on the table. "Come on. You look like you want to dance." She held out her hand to him, waiting for him to respond.

“Huh? I uhm.” He stood quickly, stammering as she took him to the dance floor. He wasn’t wearing his cloak or hat. He knew his pale skin and ears would put somebody off. The old couple would probably leave.
Still, as a gentleman he couldn’t refuse a lady’s request to dance.
“If you insist.” He took her hand and put his arm around her. The music had slowed down into a sultry song. The old couple was hugging and moving back and forth.
Lautrec’s face warmed up a little. He seemed to enjoy himself a little bit.

"So the pale rider has a soft spot for dancing? Who knew," Delilah chuckled, turning her head to watch Rhi who had pulled Tobias into this next dance. The poor fellow was embarrassed and awkward, but Rhi had whispered something to him making him laugh and the two were dancing though Rhi more so than Tobias. People payed Lautrec no mind, to focused on the friends and companions they were dancing with. "If I can ask...is this something that Amelia got you into?"

Lautrec swallowed. “A-actually yes, she did. I was more awkward back then. I couldn’t hold a sword as well either. She made me a better fencer as a result.” He looked over at Rhietz, silently wishing he could dance with the ram girl before the night was over.
“Are you worried people will get the wrong idea about us?” He said softly. “Dancing like this, they might mistake us for a couple.”

Delilah let out a small laugh, blowing a strand of hair out of her face. She cocked her head, grinning cheekily, "Why, would you want them to think that?" She bit her lip to suppress another laugh.

He mirrored her light chuckle. Inside, he knew this wasn’t something he was ready for. Still, the way she bit her lip made him think about kissing her.
“I’m more concerned about the implicit responsibility of dealing with your enemies. Just how many treasure hunters have reason to cross blades with you, Red Queen?”

“Hate is a strong word. I’d say I was more greedy about collecting the reward. I saw you as another obstacle, kind of like those crude men on horses.”
He took her hand and moved a step back. He moved gracefully and twirled Delilah into his arms. Their faces were mere inches apart.
“I am worried. No blades should ruin such a lovely face.”

Delilah laughed darkly, her eyes boring into his. "You wouldn't say that if you knew my past. My real past. If you knew how much blacker my heart is, you wouldn't say that."

“Would you be my black rose, then?” He asked, staring deeply into her with his red eyes. He lifted her up again and let his hand linger on hers.
“Speaking dark words to darkness itself will only draw it closer. I’m not afraid of a few thorns.”

Delilah's fingers grabbed Lautrec's chin, tilting his head down, "Dark words? What dark words?" she asked, feigning innocence, her eyes unmoving from his own.

“Your heart...” he said breathlessly. It wasn’t as black as she claimed. He knew it wasn’t true. Their lips touched ever so slightly. He let it happen, if she wanted it to happen.
She would be able to sense his hesitance to just go for it, but he was still allowing her to touch him. Something he hard refused her last time.

Her eyes widened slightly as she took in a sharp breath, feeling as his cold lips ghosted over her own. Her hand dropped from his chin to the cloth of his chest, twisting the fabric in her hand while her other hand gripped his wrists. She wanted this, didn't she? Wanted for his eyes to only look at her, wanted his arms around her, wanted his hands to grip her own, to trace her skin with imaginary patterns, wanted him. But was it lust or was it love? They had been enemies only a few days ago and now he was suddenly letting her in. Did his heart really open to her or was he simply looking for a one night stand that would be forgotten the next day?

Before she could respond fully to his actions, the music quickly changed into a bright folk song and Rhi coasted over to Lautrec, grabbing his arm. "Come on! Let's dance! I'll teach you one of the dances from my tribe!" Rheitz pulled Lautrec to a different side of the circle, twirling and jumping in the style of a flute dance, leaving Delilah panting in the middle of the dance floor. The Red Queen let out a sigh as she walked from the circle of light into the surrounding ring of darkness, picking up the wine bottle and glass as she went to her room.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back