• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Farewell to Kings: Elide’s Tale

“It seems like spirits are attracted towards you. I wonder if a banishment needs to take place? Take away the demon but keep the connection to the aether.”

“Or we get more spirits and forge a blade sharp enough to cut through Dominion!” The sword bellowed in its stomach. Only Elide could hear it say this.

Shut it Gerald, this is not the time. "I enjoy the spirits. Even though there are foul ones, there are the ones that mean no harm, and only wish to speak to someone."

Leona shuddered. “I can’t stand the thought of spirits following me around.”

“but doesn’t her god watch her closely?” Gerald asked but didn’t bother speaking out loud.

“That’s sad. I want all souls to be accepted by Mitra’s embrace. Even evil doers. Their wickedness must be washed away, or it will linger with us.”

"Most never receive the opportunity. Believe it or not, not all gods out there are kind and generous and willing to help. Including Mitra. Many of my spirits have been rejected by the gods on basic portions of their beliefs even though they did nothing wrong. Most of my gypsy folk are never accepted as we don't worship your gods." She answered

“I-uh... thought you worshiped Mitra.” Her face turned pale and she looked away. “You had the suncross... I gave you a book.” Her voice was growing softer.

“Uh oh... this is awkward.” Gerald cringed.

She winced, placing a hand against her shoulder. "I-I am happy for all your gifts and I will always listen, but I'm a gypsy. We worship nature spirits and the forces of nature themselves. We don't really worship gods in that manner... I apologize if I lead you astray, I just wished not to upset you."

She shrugged her shoulder to make Eli let her go.

“I feel like an idiot. You sat there listening to me tell you stories and pass my church’s wisdom on to you, and the whole time you didn’t believe any of it. I thought I was helping a spirit in need. I just wonder how many voices are laughing at me inside you.”

“At least one. Bahahaha!”

"I was listening because I cared about you. I could've just flat out told you that you were wasting your time, but no I enjoyed listening to you speak with devotion and love. Plus you never really did ask me if I believed in that kind of stuff... I mean with the way gypsies are and everything...And you have helped me. You have helped me learn more about myself and that I am more than what's inside of me... If you wish to hate me now, you have a right to, I was merely doing what I thought was good." She sighed

Leona turned her head towards Eli. She wore a stone mask over her feelings.
“I hate liars. The devils speak in falsehoods, and I wear the armor of God. If you wish to make amends you won’t do that here. Let’s just get moving.” She turned, giving Eli the cold shoulder. She moved quickly to catch up with Tess and Winter.

She let out a sigh, waiting for them to get a ways ahead before sharply turning, ducking into the darkness of the forest. There she fell to her knees and stared at the ground. At least they won't really look for her. Well Leona and Winter won't. So they won't get hurt. Elide took a deep breath, murmuring a quiet goodbye to her friends as she raced back to the place they had wanted to avoid. She was their target, but one hell of a pissed off target.

Her senses guided her through the woods. She managed to jump over crocodiles and deep pits of water.
“I must say” Gerald spoke to her. “I didn’t expect you to abandon them all like that. I guess it couldn’t be helped. You never seem to want to make new friends unless you can manipulate them. Now, may we discuss the contract?”

—————

Two inquisitors entered the dungeon. They carried what looked like a metal halo with runes carved into it. They entered Bart’s cell and held the ring in front of his face.

“Lady Jane has asked us to get some answers. This will go smoothly if you comply.”

Bart was silent. They activated the device which powered on with a woosh of energy.

“Who is the girl, and how did she get Desna’s Eye?”

Bart stared grimly at the pair of men. He gave no reply. The halo started charging. The man asked his questions again. Still nothing.
The halo released a burst of hot, white energy much like a portable sun directly into his face. His skin burned, his hair singed off. Even his mouth burned as he was howling in pain.

“Who is the girl?” The man asked again.

“Why... why does it matter? You got me. Just charge me for murder, treason, whatever you like.”

“That is not how the inquisition functions. Who is the girl.”

The halo started charging up again. Bart panicked.

“E-Elide! Her name is Elide. Her last name is weird, some gypsy name.”

The halo stopped charging. The men smiled and wrote that down.

“It’s a start at least. Now, the desna eye...”

Last edited:
"Yes. We may discuss it." Elide sighed, trudging through the forest, her magic aiding in her guidance. "How fast can they get me there? I'm worried for Bart... And I have my own... Things... To attend to when we get there." Her voice went grim and cold.

The sword chuckled. “Well, that demon is fierce, but mentally weak. If I could absorb it, I may use its energy to strengthen you. I don’t know how much of you will come with it, but that amount of raw power should suffice in saving Bart by yourself”

“Revert back to what, yourself? I’m talking about eating that demon attached to you. It’ll just be you and a sword strong enough to fell a city. The Lady won’t be able to sense you coming, because your tether to the aether will be shattered.”

She winced and froze. "So I won't be able to use my powers anymore?" She asked quietly

“Well” the sword ejected itself from her sheath and landed on a patch of grass. The azure light came with it. “How badly do you want to save Bart? He sacrificed his whole being for you. Losing your powers may be the best thing for you. No more fighting, no spirits, no demons controlling you. Just you and Bart happily ever after. Isn’t that what you want deep down?”

She bit her lip and hesitated before responding. "And you're sure this will work?" She asked

The sword sighed tiredly. “Look, your little church friend gave me the idea. I’ve told you since we met that I don’t know much of anything for fact. I’ve been there for you when you needed me. I... I actually want to see you succeed.”

"If this kills me, I'm dragging you down to hell with me." She sighed

“Or, you might join me in the sweet embrace of silence.” The sword said it sweetly. “You’re going to have to manifest the aether for me to drive myself into it. Make the demon show itself.”

She took a deep breath and released her magic at full force, the demon manifesting itself in front of her. "Made your decision, child?" It cooed

The sword lifted itself off the ground and hurtled towards the back of the demon, impaling itself deeply and emerging on the other side of its body. It roared in pain as the azure blade shined brighter and brighter. The demon started to decompose before Elide’s eye. Its roars became more and more pathetic. Her senses were fading as well. The magical attachment she had to these woods was waning. And soon she wouldn’t feel anything but her natural human senses.
But, something more strange happened. She was starting to see again through her bad eye. The seal binding her to the demon was gone. As a courtesy from the sword spirit, it repaired her damaged eye socket and gave her a pair of beautiful eyes to see the world.

The remains of the demon were sucked up with the sword’s magical power. It sat on the ground at her feet. The crystal was shining brighter than ever before. It was radiating heat.

She fell to her knees, taking a few deep breaths as the feeling of a perfect normal melted over her. It was odd to see out of both eyes, especially after so long, but it was wonderful. Elide felt as though a weight had been lifted from her shoulders. She picked up her sword with a smile. "Let's go kick some ass."

“I hope you’ll appreciate how difficult this was. I could’ve easily kept going, taken every shred of your soul and absorbed it. Your father made sure that didn’t happen.”

“I thought it was right to give back what was taken from you. I’m sorry, Elide.” The voice of Marcelo echoed through the sword

Users who are viewing this thread

Back