• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

fantasy/ Tamora Pierce inspired role play partner

Hello all! 

This is my first time on a proper role playing forum. I loved the Tamora Pierce novels as a kid, and long ago someone started a role play with me inspired by the lioness series. I was skeptical about the premise at first but it turned out to be a lot of fun, and I just remembered it today and had a craving to try it again! You do NOT have to know these novels to join me. 

The roleplay is set in a world similar to that of the lioness novels, but not identical. This gives us room to adapt it as we like. The plot is also similar: a young girl disguises herself as a boy to train to be a knight. I would like a partner to play this girl, plus a couple of other characters of their invention. I would play three of her fellow knights in training, and we would both play additional characters as required. Besides the basic plot, your characters are yours to create. 

The basics of this setting is that it is a kingdom called, why not, Tortall. In this kingdom young boys from various fiefdoms travel to live at the palace and train as Knights. The first level of training is pages 12-13, then squires 14-16 (serving a knight), then Knight. Magic exists in this world in the form of an all-purpose Magic called The Gift some a born with, a perception-based Magic some are also born with called The Sight and occasionally Magic artefacts. Non-human creatures we can discuss. 

I'm flexible about what forums we use for this roleplay, and the details of the world/plot can be hammered out between us. Someone with good ideas for larger overarching plots/external threats would be great. Along with long-term one on one roleplay we can dip into multi player forums. :)  

Julian

The ages of the characters are also up for negotiation. We would start at page level and leap forward in time whenever we felt like it. 

Excellent and wonderful! Anyone else who was interested in this still feel free to message me, it's always good to know more people!

I have a great partner for this RP but I'm still interested in more partners for additional RP set in this world, and expressions of interest for future multiplayer RP. Message me if you're interested and you can now see more details about the RP on my blog : D 

It's too far back in my PTSD Zone™ for me to remember in detail, but ayo, Tamora Pierce is the bomb.  Just wanted to say that 83

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't remember a lot myself, we're making a lot up as we go along/ hitting that wiki but anyway yes, you're right. Formative material. 

Keep me me in mind if you want to try RP (!!) 

Tamora Peirce!! 

(Her books are amazing. Personal favorites would either be Beka Cooper ,(trilogy) or Tricksters Choice/Queen)

Either way I'd be interested in a 1x1. Or perhaps a very small group. (3-5 ish.)

Tamora Peirce!! 

(Her books are amazing. Personal favorites would either be Beka Cooper ,(trilogy) or Tricksters Choice/Queen)

Either way I'd be interested in a 1x1. Or perhaps a very small group. (3-5 ish.)

Trickster series is the best forever! 

I'm glad you're interested! Check out the blog on my profile for more info and have a think about OC/plotlines you might be interested in contributing. I could be keen for another one on one and I'll definitely be thinking about small group RP soon so message me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back