• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Fantasy Pokemon Adventure | IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Kris thought deeply about Mr. Braddock's words. He had an excellent point, one that had never breached the surface of his mind. You can't just love your problems away, and you can't passively sit by while your pokemon do whatever they want. Especially if what they want could hurt themself or others. He looked at Spore, watching him idly chew a new leg of the table. What is best for him? He couldn't help but wonder. Maybe his role in this life and the lives of his pokemon wasn't just to observe. Tending a garden isn't all watering and watching, you have to guide. To nurture vines, you have to plant strict lattices on which they can grow. Maybe what his pokemon needed was that strict guidance. But how could I ever get that? I've never trained a thing in my life. He wasn't sure what was ahead, but he was sure of one thing. He couldn't just control his pokemon. He had to earn that authority.

He stared a bit longer at Spore, and spoke "Wow. I hadn't thought about it like that. Well, I guess there's a reason I'm a mentee in this whole set up, isn't there." Kris still had a wide smile on his face, and he reached down and pulled Spore from the table leg. Putting the Oddish on his lap, he faced Spore and said, "You heard the man, I'm gonna have to be a little stricter on you. You could hurt yourself." Spore's expression showed an utter lack of understanding, but Kris didn't perceive a thing, "And first things first, try to chew on wood less, okay buddy? You're gonna hurt your teeth." Spore stared into Kris' eyes, and a sparkle lit behind them. Spore nodded.

And then hopped out of Kris's lap and began chewing on the table leg again.

Kris chuckled, "With time then, huh?"

He then processed what he heard Valeria say. A family of seers? That's amazing! He couldn't help but add, "Wait, you come from a family of seers? That's incredible! Me and my family are just some gardeners. How long have you-" He stopped, excited like a little kid, "Can you see my thoughts? What am I thinking of right now?!" He closed his eyes, and focused very hard on a nice glass of iced water.

StorytellerLathos StorytellerLathos Arcanist Arcanist

Valeria blinked, turned towards Kris when she realised he was addressing him, and stared at him open mouthed. A whirlwind of questions kept coming out of his mouth, as well as something about his own family being gardeners in between all of that, and eventually, he settled on one question. She couldn't help but glance to Delphi on the table, who looked back to her as if to say "Go on, then." Though, there posed a problem for Valeria. She didn't know how to, or at least, not yet. She didn't want to seem like a failure in front of everyone to her family, especially when Kris seemed so excited about the prospect.

Valeria turned towards him on her chair, and she awkwardly scanned his face. Maybe, if she looked at him long enough, she would gain some insight to what he was so focused on? Though, that didn't seem to come, and already Valeria felt herself grow frustrated that her powers still hadn't surfaced. Sheepishly, she put her hands together, and she admitted, "I-I can't really see your thoughts...n-not yet, at least!" She quickly added. "That's why I'm here! So maybe Master Tobias can help my powers start to surface!"

Coyooot Coyooot

The frustration on Valeria's face bubbled to the surface. Kris opened his eyes when he heard her response. Immediately he thought, Ah crap, I didn't wanna make her feel bad. He raised his hands apologetically, "I'm sorry! I didn't mean to- I've just never met someone who could do stuff like that. I" he stammered a bit, "I got a little presumptuous. I'm really sorry." He grew very red. Kris hates making people uncomfortable, to a fault almost. He's let many people walk over him in the past just to make them feel comfortable.

After a pregnant pause, he muttered quietly so that not many would hear, "By the way, it was just a glass of ice water." He smiled, hoping he didn't upset this potential new friends feelings.

Arcanist Arcanist

Users who are viewing this thread

Back