• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Fantasy adventure rp

Marasai said:
Let's plan something for the rp though, like the starting town, early scenarios, and how our characters meet.
The town is strongmill right? Maybe the story is it was a tiny town that began to flourish once the mill was rebuilt. Maybe done characters are already there making a living? And others arriving seeking new business?

Or we could have a dramatic entrance and fight a mini boss that is threatening a little girl in the outside of town.

[QUOTE="Joey Winchester]Aww man I hope I didn't cause problems.

[/QUOTE]
Not to worry. :) I'm just trying to find a balance that'll make the rp the most fun.

Is everyone okay if we do a test run of the battle system here. The ryuutama system has elements that can make rping a lot of fun, I think. Such as positioning people on the front and rear lines, and choosing five objects in the battle area you can use to help you in a fight. I'll explain the battle system in the test run.

[QUOTE="Joey Winchester]The town is strongmill right? Maybe the story is it was a tiny town that began to flourish once the mill was rebuilt. Maybe done characters are already there making a living? And others arriving seeking new business?

[/QUOTE]
Kyzaba said:
Or we could have a dramatic entrance and fight a mini boss that is threatening a little girl in the outside of town.
How about a mix of the two (and also the classic anime Vampire Hunter D, but nowhere near as epic at the get go)? A young girl sits by the main road, and stops you as you try to pass. Either politely inquiring if you're an adventurer, or summoning a pair of monsters and demanding you hand over your weapons and items (perhaps depending on how convincing you look as an adventurer.) Either way, it turns out she needs your help on something.

Joey Winchester]I don't mind a test run. And I like the idea of how this rp could begin. [/QUOTE] Great! Check out the Test Run thread here. [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/threads/adventure-tale-tentative-name.154483/ said:
Simple - Adventure Tale (tentative name) | RpNation.com - Best Roleplay Forum[/URL]

Hey everyone. The RP now has a name (Arkentales) and a creation myth. I've also planned part of the first scenario. If you're still interested, please post below, and please indicate whether you want this to be a non-dice, or dice-based rp. Thanks.

Below is a work in progress of what the rp thread will look like.

• Long ago, two denizens of heaven fell in love and decided to marry. On the wedding day, the groom sent his messenger ahead with the dowry, a magic treasure box containing many precious gems and jewelry painstakingly collected from the sky.

But on his way to the bride’s palace, the messenger was buffeted by a flock of northward geese, and dropped the treasure chest, which fell through the clouds into the sea.

The box’s contents spilled out, and formed the first land, plants, peoples, and living things of the earth.

At the wedding, the groom apologized sincerely to his bride for losing her dowry, but the bride led him to a place where they could peer at the world forming beneath the clouds, and said. “This is the best dowry that you’ve already given me”

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so sorry I haven't helped out with the battling system, I've been wrapped up with the family. I'm still very interested in this.

As for it being dice or no dice.....I guess I'll go with no dice

[QUOTE="Joey Winchester]I'm so sorry I haven't helped out with the battling system, I've been wrapped up with the family. I'm still very interested in this.
As for it being dice or no dice.....I guess I'll go with no dice

[/QUOTE]
Don't worry, and thanks for still being interested. :)

And no dice, got it. That's what I'm leaning towards too.

Did you still need the rest of us to come with locations and whatnot?

[dice]14365[/dice]

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE="Joey Winchester]So I think the name of the world should be Arken. To me it seems to fit it.

[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE="Joey Winchester]Did you still need the rest of us to come with locations and whatnot?
[dice]14365[/dice]

[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE="Joey Winchester]Oh dang! So that's how you roll the dice right then and there

[/QUOTE]
Or maybe just Ark? The Land of Ark sounds like a suitable, somewhat old school fantasy world sounding name.

Yes, but not all at once. They're meant to be fleshed out as we go. No need to think of a whole continent or a dozen locations until our characters have reason to travel to them.

Yup!

I'll make the RP thread tomorrow, but the first story post will probably start like this.

The road you're on is an easy one, gently rising and falling in a straight line over the hills spaced some sixty feet apart almost as if to not tire the traveller while always keeping hidden what's beyond the next hill so as to gather anticipation with each approaching step. Journeying on it has been a pleasure in itself. A town sits close by, but your thoughts tend to the town beyond where you have business to take care of. It wouldn't hurt to stay a night though where there's food and comfort and, most importantly, people. As you ascend the top of the next hill, you see the young girl sitting by the side of the road. Her attire shows she's most likely from the town nearby, and her eyes reveal that she's been waiting for you to pass.

Aww man I'm super excited! The only rp I could ever do was on this mmo I used to play, but everyone else was either sticking to their cliques, or was a horny teenager looking for ERP. I'm so ready for since serious rp!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back