• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy fantaschool:the school of fantasy creatures

if you were in school, how many friends will you have?

• a.1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • b.5

• c.15

• d.none

• Total voters
"It's Timothy Papillon." The small vampire answered, staying seated. He didn't trust himself to stand, as he knew he would inhale out of reflex, and who knew what would happen then? He ignored the boys comment about his immortality, and instead choosing to just say something else, instead. "That means butterfly, in French." He added with a small, secretive smile, looking up at the teen.

"Nice to meet you, Timothy." He let the smile stay plastered across his face as he reached out a hand, deciding that they should do a proper introduction. "Butterfly must be your spirit animal.. we all have spirit animals." He chimed in while shaking Timothy's hand, before pulling away and sitting back down. "Mine is a bird..they're just so free and beautiful..like Samuel." He raised his head back to the window while beginning to tap his hands against his kneecaps.

"I'm glad you're my friend, it can get lonely sometimes.." Even though Ed never asked to be friends with Timothy, he felt as if no matter how Timothy wanted to see him, Ed would always look up at him as a best friend. He gently patted Timothy's shoulder in a friendly matter, before letting the smile lighten and grow. This was a good day for Ed. He met two new friends and got to have a lovely conversation.

Because the small vampire could see the boys hand reaching for his, he happily shook hands with him, his spirits lifting when he mentioned the word 'friend'. He hadn't ever had a friend before, and this new title made him puff out his chest a little. HI little tidbit about 'spirit animals' confused him, however, and he thought it over in his head. He had not ever heard, or read about that phenomenon, but if a spirit animal was a reflection on ones personality, he guessed that he could be classified as a butterfly. While Timothy would never refer to himself as 'delicate' he could see why other people might think so, considering his tiny size.

Catching the last part of the teen's sentence, he was just about to look up and reply, when he felt Ed's hand touch his shoulder. The touch was gentle, and barely noticeable, but it didn't stop the violent flinch suddenly coercing through his body. Timothy let out a yelp of surprise, before scooting backwards on the bench, hugging his knees to his chest tightly while staring up at the teen with wide, fearful eyes.

Given the time the two of them had spent together, it was only a matter of seconds before the small vampire managed to collect himself enough to force out a coherent sentence, his body still trembling slightly. "I'm sorry," He said softly, looking down, "I don't really like to be touched." Looking up at the teen again, through hi eyelashes, he then addressed his previous comment, "And I do understand, how it's like to be lonely."

Ed shrugged and turned away from him, a little shocked the way he reacted. "That's understandable.. Ed didn't know." He scratched the side of his own arm and felt incredibly bad, knowing he should take it easy with him. He raised up his head, continuing to smile. "Yes...Ed doesn't like people, but deep down Ed gets sad and lonely without friends.. they give you a reason to matter." He tilted his head and smiled warmly back at Timothy, before raising his head back up as his eyes eventually caught sight of the wall. "Sorry about that..Ed doesn't like to scare people, makes Ed feel terrible inside."

"I've been existing for one hundred and twelve years," Timothy told him, tilting his head to the side as his body relaxed from the scare, "And I've never really spoken to people like this before now. I mainly kept to myself and stayed out of the sunlight." He explained with a small, almost invisible smile, "I can relate to your loneliness." And he really could. Being shunned by his home town had left a void inside him, one that was not an easy one to fill. It had caused him to be overly suspicious of everybody around him, eventually leading to the small boy becoming somewhat of a shut in. "But it's nice," He finally relented, his voice barely above a soft murmur, "To connect with other people again."

"Ed agrees with you completely..Ed wished he was your friend before, so you wouldn't of had to feel so lonely." He puffed out a sigh before relaxing himself, causing him to grow a little drowsy. He never slept much, and when he did, it was always when he was in class or during school. There really was no reason why he should be here in the first place if he wouldn't bother to learn something, but he had nowhere else to go without people screaming from the sight of him. "Ed hopes he'll get to meet more friends like you and Samuel..friends that Ed can trust." He felt excited to get to know the other students, wanted to make as many friends as possible now that he had a motivation. Of course it would be hard for him thought, as he never liked to get into other's lives as if they didn't want him around. It was a horrible way to think, but it just.. came naturally.

((I'm going to have a shower and be off for a while, but hopefully I'll reply as soon as possible.))

Timothy didn't bother commenting on his obsession with the bird, as that would probably have come across as insensitive or a bit rude, but he nodded his head none the less. "Yes, I can see why you would want that," he told him, his hand once again shooting up to play with his hair, "That's very... kind of you," Timothy sighed, looking around the hallway. He found it a little odd, at first, that it was deserted, but then he remembered that all of the other students of the school were in class. The small vampire pursed his lips slightly, wondering if it had been rude of him to just walk out of the gym like that.

However, after a moment, he realized that he didn't really care much. It was either that, or taking the risk of being beaten to the ground, and Timothy would rather take his chances with an angry teacher. Looking up at Ed again, he thought of something, "Where do you hail from?" He asked curiously, letting his legs lower themselves down to the floor.

Ed stretched out his arms out of mere exhaustion, definitely from lack of sleep. He turned back to Timothy and nodded his head, before leaning back against the wall once again, something he really shouldn't do in his current condition.

"As in where do I come from?.. Ed came from London, until he found out about this lovely school. Ed got a free pass for transportation.. And here Ed is." He tapped his feet against the ground like a over excited child while swaying his body in sinc with the tree outside. "Ed is glad he's here. Ed feels more accepted here."

"Hey, don't do that," Timothy said urgently, or, as urgently as a soft spoken, nervous vampire could, as he saw the knives dig deeper into the teen's back, causing more blood to seep out around the metal. He leaned forward and pushed Ed's shoulder gently, trying to get him to lean away from the wall. "If not for your own sake then for mine, it's hard to stay focused when you're bleeding profusely."

Timothy leaned back against the arm of the bench, studying the teen closely. "I've been in London before," He admitted, "Only briefly, though."

"Ed is sorry." He slowly pushed his back forward and decided to listen to Timothy, no use making his back worse than it already is. "You could imagine how hard it is for Ed to sleep.." He chuckled at the thought, as usual finding dark subjects funny.

Ed continued to move his body in rhythm of the tree's movements, enjoying mimicking the plant. "Ed liked London.. Before what happened. It was really hard to move away from the town Ed was raised in.. But Ed likes it here."

"You could always sleep on your stomach, I think." Timothy offered weakly, not really familiar with how one usually slept anymore. He didn't sleep, and had really forgotten how to do so during the coarse of his long life, "If it's a matter of staying put, there's always methods for that too."

Timothy watched the teen sway back and forth curiously, tilting his head to the side, his eyes wide. After a while, he tried to copy him, but stopped once he realized how ridiculous they must have looked, swaying gently from side to side. The vampire almost snorted. "I had to leave France," He offered out of sympathy, "It's odd, how alike we are in that regard."

Last edited by a moderator:
"Sometimes Ed just sleeps on his side, but Ed also prefers to sleep on his stomach as well." He smiled back at him as if he wanted to Timothy to know that he shouldn't worry, even if he did have butter knives ripping and tearing into his skin. "That's why Ed likes to skip classes.. It's hard for Ed to stay put for a long time, and the teacher doesn't like when Ed gets blood all over the floor." He shrugged and looked down, but chuckled to himself as a memory popped into his head.

"France?.. Oooh, France sounds lovely. They has pastries and very good food there.." He seemed to tilt his body more quicker as if he could just taste the delicious food that he was thinking of. "Ed agrees, it was very great for Ed to meet you."

"I don't really remember the taste of any food," Timothy admitted softly, kicking his feet back and forth, as even when he stretched out his feet, only the very tips of his Velcro's managed to touch the floor, "But I'll take your word for it. I think my mother was good at making pastries, but I can't really remember it clearly," He sighed, his voice almost inaudible. He knew that his mother had been a baker of some kind, though he as much as he tried, he could only get some fuzzy flashes of her whisking together some batter or another, and telling him about the process. And while it was kind of nice, thinking about his past human life, he couldn't really bring himself to care very much.

"What's your favorite thing to eat?" He asked suddenly, wanting to switch topics, as he was getting a little irritated that he couldn't remember anything. Timothy had a photographic memory that had developed after his change, and relied on that most of the time. Not being able to bring back the memories was making him feel a little uncomfortable.

Ed listened to Timothy's words, every minute or so tilting his head in more interest. "It's alright. We all forget things sometimes. Ed is sure you can refresh your memory with foods you come across.. In this life." He shrugged his shoulders, hoping Timothy didn't mind saying that he still was 'living.' It wasn't normal to call someone dead after all, when they're sitting right beside you and having conversation. Then again, everyone here was different..and Ed didn't mind in the least.

"Ed's favorite thing to eat?.. Let me see." He place his hand over his chin and let out a long, expressionless hum as he tried to pick something that he considered better than the rest of the food he placed in his favorite pile. "It would have to be.. Cake. Ed likes cake because there's so many varieties and ways you can make it.. Also because it's very sweet!" He flashed a smile, facing forward once again and resuming the movements of his legs swaying from side to side.

"Some peoples blood taste different than others," Timothy mentioned absentmindedly, twirling a strand of his hair, "Females taste more bitter than males, for example." He said this, because while he couldn't really relate to Ed's passion for cake, he could at the very least mention some of his own preferences, "I like blood from teenage males more than any other, actually." He continued softly, a small smile grazing his lips as he thought of the sweet taste. Then, a look of slight embarrassment came over his face and he looked up at Ed sharply, "Not that I would ever consider making a meal out of you, don't worry."

He felt that it was impertinent to get that cleared up, before he scared the knifed teen away for good. What an idiotic thing that had been to say, he realized, and ducked his head in shame.

Ed craned his head back to the direction of Timothy, actually rather interested in his obsession for blood. Well of course he would be, he was a vampire after all. "Ed finds that interesting. Ed never knew blood could taste different from one another.. But it does make sense." He twiddled around with his fingers, while his head swirled around in a circle pattern. At this point he looked completely stupid and strange, but it was only Timothy and him here at the moment, and he already knew Timothy was use to Ed's odd behavior.

"Ed knows you won't hurt him.. But if you want, Ed doesn't mind if you wish to use whatever blood that drips out of him.. Ed always has to clean it up and throw the rags away, anyways." Ed held a friendly expression as he turned back towards the window, before eyes eventually trailing down to the floor. And there it was, a poodle if blood under his feet. It depended how much he moved around, sometimes it would only be a small patch of blood dripping out of him when he wasn't moving, while if running or walking he would lose a lot more. Either way, there was no place Ed would go without blood dripping out of his scarred back.

"N-no," Timothy stammered softly, shaking his head, "I don't think I would enjoy floor blood very much." He told him, his tone almost bordering on joking. However, inside he was weary. He had never had someone so blatantly offer their blood to him before, and if he was being honest with himself, it confused him greatly, as here he was, struggling not to breathe in fear of attacking the teen. The small vampire bit his lip, forcing himself to think about anything other than his parched throat.

No matter of he had fed before coming here or not, the smell of the fresh blood was starting to get to him, and Ed offering it so nonchalantly was not helping the situation. "Have you ever," He began, his voice a little raspy. He frowned slightly and tried again, clearing his throat, "Have you ever tried to take them out?"

"Ed supposes you're right.. Food, any food, that had fell on the floor makes you think second thoughts." He raised his head and eyed the tree that Samuel had perched on, still having that sign of hope that he might return. But it seemed to be getting late and Ed still had that feeling that he was done for the day.

One of Timothy's sentences caught his attention and he quickly turned his eyes and head as he stared back at him. "Take what..oh..you mean the knives. I have.. Tried before.. But when I did.." He started to sweat and grow nervous as he lowered his gaze back to the floor, eyes widening. "I almost died.. Perhaps it's a curse?.." He puffed out a sigh as he attempted to make a smile out of the conversation. He didn't want to believe it, but maybe all this time he was given a curse. It scared him because he was raised in a Christian home, and he was always taught that curses and such were horrible.. So it frightened him.

"Perhaps," Timothy agreed silently, nodding his head slowly, "Though, the knives being removed suddenly may have cause your body to go into shock, from the blood loss," He theorized, his mind traveling a mile a minute, every medical book he had ever read flashing through his mind, "And, since, once the knives are removed, you loose so much blood, it is entirely possible that you almost died from something as simple as exsanguination." He told him softly, looking up at the teen to gauge his reaction.

While him almost dying from the blood loss might have been a possible theory as to why the dark haired teenager couldn't take the cutlery out of his back, Timothy very much doubted it was due to sheer luck that he had survived this long. He didn't seem to be in any pain, and while the small vampire knew very well that such emotions could be hidden, he didn't think Ed was that good of an actor. Something odd had happened to him, that was for sure.

"Ed wished he knew as much as you did.. Most of what you said had gotten Ed confused." He scratched his head as a blank but confused look appeared on his face while staring back at Timothy. "Well, whatever it is.. It seems I can't live without them now.. Which is strange. Very, very strange." He lowered his hand to his chin as he caressed the skin there, while his eyes trailed back to the wall ahead of him. If it wasn't a curse, what else could it be? A spell? It could be possible someone had purposely did this to him, but he couldn't remember a single person he met that hated him. He never had gotten any unwanted attention from anyone before anyways.

Giving a small smile, Timothy tilted his head towards him in a gesture of respectful acceptance, "I don't know that much," He said, his voice sounding amused, "I just read a lot, is all." Which was true, as the small vampire hadn't really had anything else interesting to do during his time. Reading had helped him catch up on the world around him, when he didn't want to actually experience it himself. Though, after his conversation with Tachi, he had realized that that might have been a bit of a mistake.

"You can learn quite a lot from books," He added after a while of silence, nodding his head in agreement of his own words.

Ed patted his fingers against his lap, soon swaying his body just as the tree started to flow in the breeze. "You're much more smarter than Ed is.. But that's probably because Ed doesn't take education seriously." Ed knew he shouldn't of lied, but he was ashamed of telling others he found education and learning in general very difficult. He just.. Didn't understand it. His family never liked that about him as well, were always trying to get him to learn something, anything.

"That's true.. Books are really wonderful.. They were made to send knowledge and entertainment from generation to generation.. It's very interesting, verver y indeed." He let out a soft hum to a song he just made up right in the middle while swaying his body like a tree in the wind, while his eyes danced from one object to another.

Timothy tilted his head curiously, blinking slowly, "You... don't?" He asked incredulously, pursing his lips in thought. The small vampire didn't really have any intentions of actually learning anything new in this school, aside from social interaction, as he already knew enough from before, but hearing the teens blatant disregard for knowledge kind of surprised him. "I don't quite understand," He finally said softly, after staring openly at the boy for about two minutes, "But each to their own, I guess."

"Ed doesn't realize how important learning is.. But if someone tells Ed something that catches his attention, Es will listen." He nervously coiled his fingers around each other as his face was facing the ground completely. He hoped that Timothy wouldn't see him differently, now that he knows that.. Ed isn't into education at all. He shrugged to himself before scratching his head, trying to regain his thoughts. "Ed doesn't mind not knowing, though. When the time comes for Ed to learn it, however, it's like a great surprised for Ed indeed."

"That's an interesting way to see it," Timothy commented silently, "It's a way to experience new things, I guess, and always have anew reaction to them," Maybe that was something he could try applying to his life, he thought. Maybe, he was reading too much. A small frown appeared under his white bangs, hidden by the shadow of his hood, he wouldn't give up reading, he decided suddenly. He didn't think he could.

While not the most socially experienced person in the world, Timothy could sense that he had made Ed uncomfortable with his line of questioning, and in an act of uncharacteristic consideration for the teen, he decided to change the subject, yet again. "So, where is it you live now?" He blurted, wondering faintly why that was the first question to enter his head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back