• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Fandom RP Ideas

Which RP Idea do you prefer?

• RWBY

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mortal Engines

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SirDerpingtonIV

A Campfire at the End of Time
I've been in the mood for some fandom RPs recently.

And here, are my current two ideas.

Please vote for anything you'd like.

1. RWBY ((Sci-fi/Modern))

((This is a reboot of my Bloody Evolution RP. Since that died))

It takes place years before our main cast of characters even comes to be, in the time period when the first prototypes for robotic soldiers come into production, and when the White Fang was still a peaceful organization, but hate against the Fauness was at its worst. Fauness were hated, and people who tolerated them were hated almost as much. In this RP, the Grimm will be the main foe, but there will be some MINOR human foes as well, like gangs and shit.

I gave it this title, Bloody Evolution, (To quote the song This Will Be The Day), because as the human race creates new weapons of war using Dust to fight the Grimm, they suddenly begin to change, growing smarter, and developing several new subspecies and shit. They have begun to attack all four kingdoms in force, and things have become a desperate battle for survival. Of course, Vale won't be attacked for a while, as I'll let you guys get into the RP, and start Classes and all before attacks begin to happen.

As a note, there will be NO recognizable characters in this RP. No Yang, no Ruby, not a young Roman, nothing. YE HAVE BEEN WARNED. Although you guys ARE free to use character's weapons, although I'd much prefer original weapons.

latest

2. Mortal Engines ((Sci-fi))

Set in the Great Hunting Ground, hundreds of years after the apocolypse, the "Sixty Minute War", humanity has moved on. Most of the technology if possessed has been long forgotten, a few remnants turning up, but not much else. Humanity is split into two "groups". The Traction Cities, tracked vehicles that can be from the size of a house to a massive city, that roam the wastelands, devouring one another for raw material, food, and slaves in an idealism called "Municipal Darwinism." On the other half, is the Anti-Traction League, made up of the few static cities that remain, loaded into fortresses and hidden places, to withstand the wrath of the moving cities.

This would probably start off in the Traction City London, with characters playing roles of anyone from a slave in the Gut, to a member of a guild. I'd prefer people not playing high-ranking officials, as those would mostly be NPCS.

ME_London.jpg

Mortal engines sounds like my type of RP! It sounds really badass, I'm interested and would love to rp it with you.

RWBY RP sounds cool. The hole in my teeny tiny black heart hasn't healed yet, but I'm still willing to participate. Questions that have come about is 1) Are the Teachers still there? 2) How long before the events of RWBY? 3) Minimum post requirement. As a note, I write a fair amount, usually more than a paragraph, but during dialogue portions I usually write less to focus on the dialogue. I'm pretty adaptive though, so whatever you decide I'll try and manage.

I would hope the post requirement would be at least either a paragraph or two. Because I'm sick of writing a good piece and getting a measly sentence that is just a jumble of repeated words over and over again with poor dialogue. I do wonder about the teachers as well though. Not many people would want to rp as them though. Most prefer to be students. And I know someone is going to be the great-great-grandmother of Ruby or Yang and try to be an exact replica using genetics as an excuse to get past the "No cannon characters" rule.

Last edited by a moderator:
Meh, most likely. I understand love for a character, but personally I don't like playing canon because I feel like I'll never get their mannerisms like they should be. My question about the teacher's was mostly about, "If there is no canon characters... Who's teaching the classes then?". Under that logic, Derpington-chan is going to have to write a ton of characters to fill the places of the teachers.

I don't really mind post lengths as long as they are a few lines long. I just really hate it when people write like the punctuation keys don't exist.

Thank you guys for showing interest! And I probably should have clarified the post expectations. At least a paragraph minimum, preferably more. A well-written paragraph. Exceptions in PVP and dialogue.

Complete lack of grammar, spelling, and the use of "text talk" will have you instantly removed. I can tolerate a misspelling. I will not tolerate "lucy the wood elf loked around 4 sum ammos but cydn't find any bt she saw some walkers and screamed a lot. "help!"" And teachers will be NPC's unless anyone wants to play them. This will be about the time robots are just coming around from prototype versions. So no Penny. Sorry. Also, I WILL allow canon weapons, but I would much prefer non-canon weapons. Canon characters are unacceptable. If you try to be an ancestor of a canon character, your CS will be expelled by means of cannon, and you may try again.

Also, Greg, Mortal Engines is based off a series of you're interested. :P

SirDerpingtonIV said:
Thank you guys for showing interest! And I probably should have clarified the post expectations. At least a paragraph minimum, preferably more. A well-written paragraph. Exceptions in PVP and dialogue.
Complete lack of grammar, spelling, and the use of "text talk" will have you instantly removed. I can tolerate a misspelling. I will not tolerate "lucy the wood elf loked around 4 sum ammos but cydn't find any bt she saw some walkers and screamed a lot. "help!"" And teachers will be NPC's unless anyone wants to play them. This will be about the time robots are just coming around from prototype versions. So no Penny. Sorry. Also, I WILL allow canon weapons, but I would much prefer non-canon weapons. Canon characters are unacceptable. If you try to be an ancestor of a canon character, your CS will be expelled by means of cannon, and you may try again.

Also, Greg, Mortal Engines is based off a series of you're interested. :P
I didn't know it was based off a series, I'm still interested though! I like the idea of it, so as long as you don't mind Rping it with someone who doesn't know much about the series.

Greg2344 said:
I didn't know it was based off a series, I'm still interested though! I like the idea of it, so as long as you don't mind Rping it with someone who doesn't know much about the series.
It's alright if you don't know too much.

SirDerpingtonIV said:
It's alright if you don't know too much.
I was googling stuff about mortal engines and I noticed it appears to be sort of lighthearted and whatnot, I'm more into the dark and gritty types of stories. I'm into the universe of mortal engines but not really the mood of it. I don't know if you'd be interested but I'd like to do an RP closed to fallout, if you know what fallout is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Greg2344 said:
I was googling stiff about mortal engines and I noticed it appears to be sort of lighthearted and whatnot, I'm more into the dark and gritty types of stories. I'm into the universe of mortal engines but not really the mood of it. I don't know if you'd be interested but I'd like to do an RP closed to fallout, if you know what fallout is.
You could try Windup Girl if you really like grittiness. And I have not played Fallout, and therefore I cannot host it. At the least, we could make the mortal engines one darker. :P

Mortal Engines? I thought I was the only one who had read it...

Anyway I'm super interested. I for one enjoyed the book's whimsy; it was fun but also had a sense of seriousness, while not taking itself too seriously. It always seemed to be more about world building. I'll admit, I never got around to reading past the first book. I really should. Anyway, again, I'm in.

Tripodric said:
Mortal Engines? I thought I was the only one who had read it...
Anyway I'm super interested. I for one enjoyed the book's whimsy; it was fun but also had a sense of seriousness, while not taking itself too seriously. It always seemed to be more about world building. I'll admit, I never got around to reading past the first book. I really should. Anyway, again, I'm in.
Alright! I guess I'll get around to hosting it then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back