• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Fandom RP ideas

DayDreamBeliever

Day Dreaming
Hey everyone, I'm Grace. Thanks for taking a look at this post!

I pretty flexible with rules so don't really have any other then the obvious no god modding, I try to match my partners length with replies. If you have any questions I can give you any more info you want to know before we start RPing.

So the idea is something I found on another rp site.

Here it is:

The plot is a typical OC from our world/universe/whatever ends up in a fandom (If you've made your own world/universe you could even use that instead of a fandom) and has adventures. The twist is that the OC has little to no knowledge about the work — and so does the writer. The idea is that one writer can learn to write their OC in new situations, learn how they cope/adapt/etc. while simultaneously learning about another fandom. The other writer practices keeping canon in-character and in-continuity while dealing with some wacky adventures (and hopefully winning the other writer to their fandom!) Even if both writers know the fandom it still sounds like fun!

One of two options:
1. GUEST. You bring your OC to the table.
2. HOST. You bring your fandom to the table.

RULES FOR OC's:
* They can't be a canon or original character from another established work.

* They can't have special powers, be non-human, etc. They have to be a person that can actually exist in our world.

* Do NOT rely on your host to do all the work in advancing the plot. You are as responsible as they are to make sure all involved have a good time. At the same time, if it's a plot twist you aren't sure about (like initiating romance with a canon character, getting kidnapped, or discovering information the canon characters don't learn yet), run it by your host. It's better to be safe than messing up an already-running plotline.

If you choose HOST, please list a set of fandoms that you are comfortable with, or match one of the fandoms already listed by a GUEST. Note that you will be expected to play any and all canon characters you introduce, provide explanations about the 'verse, and have tons of fun! You may wish to follow a canon arc, or you may wish to go on a new adventure. Run it by your guest either way. (Some people might want to avoid spoilers)

Feel free to post whatever guest/host you're looking for and even if I'm not willing to RP a certain fandom maybe you'll find someone else who is. ^_^

Last edited:
So in other words, what I do on a usual basis?

If I'm reading this right this could be seriously interesting and there's a setting I'm very into right now that I could possibly host that would do lovely for the "writer of OC has no knowledge about the work" because it's fairly obscure. I'll have to give it a think because I'm not 100% sure if I want to commit though.

If I'm reading this right this could be seriously interesting and there's a setting I'm very into right now that I could possibly host that would do lovely for the "writer of OC has no knowledge about the work" because it's fairly obscure. I'll have to give it a think because I'm not 100% sure if I want to commit though.

I'd love to give it a go! Just let me know when you decide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back