• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Help Fancy Outlined/Shadowed Text

Quincunx

inactive
Hello all,

I'm wondering if there's any way to give text outlines, glows, or shadows using the bbcode currently available on this site. Is that possible?

hello there ! yes there is a way! below is a way to make a shadow on your text!

Code:
[div=text-shadow: 0px 2px 3px colorhere; color: colorhere;]Words here[/div]

to break down the code, the "0px" area is the horizontal , the "2px" is the vertical, and the "3px" is the blur - and then you have your color for the shadow! the "color" inside that div code is the color of the text ! i hope this helped!

Last edited:
hello there ! yes there is a way! below is a way to make a shadow on your text!

Code:
[div=text-shadow: 0px 2px 3px colorhere; color: colorhere;]Words here[/div]

to break down the code, the "0px" area is the horizontal , the "2px" is the vertical, and the "3px" is the blue - and then you have your color for the shadow! the "color" inside that div code is the color of the text ! i hope this helped!
Thank you so much! :)

Let me test that...

hey thanks again Crucial

Oh, while I'm at it, will this work if used inside an existing div box?

Also, I had another question, but I forgot what it was. Oh well; I'll post another topic when I figure it out.

Thank you so much! :)

Let me test that...

hey thanks again Crucial

Oh, while I'm at it, will this work if used inside an existing div box?

Also, I had another question, but I forgot what it was. Oh well; I'll post another topic when I figure it out.
i am sure it would work inside an already existing div, however, i like separating my divs and adding divs inside another one!

yay! i'm glad it did!
and no worries!

sidenote: because some users use night life, the shadow may not show well depending on the color! (because i had to change my setting to default to see the shadow)

i am sure it would work inside an already existing div, however, i like separating my divs and adding divs inside another one!

yay! i'm glad it did!
and no worries!

sidenote: because some users use night life, the shadow may not show well depending on the color! (because i had to change my setting to default to see the shadow)
Okay, cool.

^_^

My bad. I'll remember to use an appropriate background when I use shadows.

Btw, I remembered my other question. Is there any way to disable the "click this image to show the full size version" tooltip thing?

Okay, cool.

^_^

My bad. I'll remember to use an appropriate background when I use shadows.

Btw, I remembered my other question. Is there any way to disable the "click this image to show the full size version" tooltip thing?
oh no! it's no problem, i just know no one will get the full affect of your shadow if it's not seen hehee.

and oui! this is the code you'd use!

Code:
[div=pointer-events: none;][img]link here[/img][/div]

oh no! it's no problem, i just know no one will get the full affect of your shadow if it's not seen hehee.

and oui! this is the code you'd use!

Code:
[div=pointer-events: none;][img]link here[/img][/div]
Sweet, that works!

I'm all out of questions, and appreciate your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back