• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Family Of Our Own [RP W/ PunkPrince]

FlareOnyx

Fl@reOnyx
Today was the day for the Genesig twins. Kahna sits on the bench in front of the orphanage's walls, her luggage of essentials all packed in her pure white suitcase. She stares at her feet and swings her legs back and forth. Her brother, Kodi, was sitting right beside her. He was wearing a huge smile on his face and could hardly contain his excitement. He looks at Kahna, his eyes shimmering.

"Kahna, aren't you excited? We're getting out of here and going to be part of a family! A real family!" he cheers, shaking his quiet sister's shoulder violently, trying to get her into the same spirit. Kahna looks at him blankly, she usually shows that face for almost all occasions. She was sharing the excitement alright. She was ecstatic. Her excited brother stopped and gave her more of a beaming smile. "You'll see, Kahna, everything is going to be okay, I promise you! Don't worry about it."

There was nothing to worry about, he is right. But it's always nerve-wracking though it was the day the two always dreamed about. Being part of a family. But Kahna couldn't help but question. Will they all get along? Will they feel what love from another truly feels like through the family they're going to? These questions were relevant, but the young girl should know better than to let these questions clutter her thoughts. She should just relax and know that everything is going to be better. The family are going to be great people.

Kodi looks up at the sky and sighs aloud from his mouth. It was a beautiful day. Not a cloud in the vibrant blue sky. He couldn't wait much longer for them. He just couldn't. Though, Kahna found his over excitement amusing and it made her feel good to see her brother so very happy today. It was equivalent to the excitement a child would have given the news they were going to Disney World. But this was better than that. For so long, they've seen those they knew get adopted over the years, leaving the two siblings behind over and over again. But it was their turn now.

"I'm nervous," Eva said, leaning forward to examine her face in the bathroom mirror.

They had gotten a phone call. The adoption agency they had struggled so hard to get through to finally had a pair of twins for them to take. Eva was excited, but anxious about adding to the little rag tag family she had grown to love so much over the past couple of years.

"No reason you shouldn't be," Kennedy answered from where she was perched on the edge of their bed. "Everyone's nervous. But there's a reason we're both going instead of one of us. You know me. I'm too blunt and not as gentle or patient as you are. They probably need that." She started down the stairs. Eva followed after her.
"You're gentle," she insisted, leaning down to peck her wife on the cheek. "When you need to be. If you were half as mean as you think you are sometimes Hugo would probably be petrified of you."
Kennedy smiled and leaned into Eva's side, opening her mouth to say something, but before she could get a word out, she heard Hugo and Ronan arguing.

"Give that back!"
"I need it!"
"I need to finish putting the sequins on this–Ow! Damn it, Kasha, you burnt me!"
"It's a hot glue gun, what'd you think was gonna happen, idiot?"

Jupiter appeared at the top of the stairs and quickly sprinted down them, and Eva could see that they were struggling to close a bra through their shirt. She stopped them and clipped it closed. "Better?"
Jupiter nodded, flashing the woman an appreciative smile before adjusting the silicone breast forms that rested in the bra. She knew that Jupiter longed for breasts and feminine curves, and they had talked to a few people about getting Jupiter on a low dose of estrogen, but so far, no luck. Eva and Kennedy did what they could for them. Jupiter pushed back their messy blonde hair and looked up the stairs.

"Fighting over a glue gun," they explained. "Kyra was trying to use it to put sequins on a dress, and I guess..." They shrugged. It wasn't unusual for the children to call each other by their drag names.

"Damn it," Kennedy growled softly. "Nothing can ever go smoothly in this house." She sighed and turned to yell up the stairs. "Boys! Come here, and for god's sake be nicer to each other. There are glue guns all over this house, there's no reason for you to be arguing over that one. One of you can borrow mine, if it matters that much."

Ronan bounded over to them, Hugo creeping along slowly after him. Hugo continued to stare at the floor and apologized softly. "I'm sorry." He didn't look up at either of them. Kennedy sighed and gave the smaller twin's shoulder a gentle squeeze. "It's okay," she said softly. "I'm sorry for shouting, honey, I'm just stressed about today. I just want things to go well. I don't want to freak them out with fighting. How would you feel if Eva and I had been fighting the first day you came to live with us?"

Hugo gave a small smile and Kennedy returned it as the group headed out the front door.

The car ride to the orphanage was nearly silent, apart from the occasional beep from whatever video game Hugo was playing in the backseat. Eva suspected that the three teenagers were just as nervous as she and Kennedy were. The three of them had gotten to know one another for a while before finally coming to live with Eva and Kennedy. This was the first time someone totally unfamiliar would be welcomed into their household.

The car eventually slowed to a stop, and the group sat in anxious silence for a few moments. Hugo shrank down in his seat and peeked out the window, and Ronan fidgeted in his seat. It was Jupiter who slipped from the car first, following their mothers. It was Kennedy who reached the front steps first, smiling down at the two children who had clearly been waiting. She chuckled softly as the boy beamed up at her. "Hello," she greeted gently.

"My name is Kennedy and this is Eva. This is Jupiter, Ronan, and Hugo. You must be Kodi and Kahna. It's very nice to meet you both."
"Hello," Jupiter greeted.
"Hi! Ronan chirped, sunny as ever. Hugo gave a small wave from where he stood; silent, but friendly nonetheless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back