• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Fallout rp interest check!

I like the sound of that. I'm thinking it'll be more small unit stuff (think Fallout: BOS type thing) instead of being with the main force so he'll come in handy and it'll make it more fun for our other characters too especially Murdergurl's character XD

I'd be interested. I was thinking something along the lines of a sorta tribal/raider who's actually more of a tech guy, joins up with the current Militia since he isn't dumb enough to try and take on an army of robot soldiers with a ragtag group of junkies and thugs. Think Mechanist but without the delusion that he's a super hero.
Lol two tribals that are complete opposites in tech

Dope. Now that I think of it, my dude would basically be a Gage/Mechanist combo.

Lol two tribals that are complete opposites in tech
I was thinking tribal to justify his raiding habits, but tbh I'll probably drop that angle since he's not so much tribal as he's just greedy and callous. He's not a good person by any means, but despite being a raider I'd like to think he has some principles that keeps him alive compared to other raiders who let the power get to their heads.

I'd like to think that he used to let the fact he knew how to repair, refurbish, and operate power armor get to his head and abused it to basically become a warlord in his local area, being a hero to his people but a menace to everyone else. But that quickly ended when he hears that the Minutemen are coming, and these aren't just a bunch of yokels in funny hats and silly laser guns, but heavily armed and armored soldiers with tech that most people have only heard of when looking through old-world stuff. A stark reminder that he's a big fish in a small pond, and that there's bigger fish in the world.

Other stuff includes being tanky AF and mainly serving as a sorta communication/scout, bringing Eyebots to scan the area and mark enemies for allies. His main weapon would be a combat shotgun and grenades, since he's not much of a marksmen like some but he's not afraid of fighting up-close either.

I am loving watching you guys discuss your characters! Oh and I will be allowing psykers (one of mine is a psyker) so prepare yourselves for that XD

Psykers? We 40k now? I was also debating making a Super Mutant who's basically an ork, but wasn't sure if that was going to fly...

Psykers are canon to Fallout. Mamma Murphy might be one. There was a character in New Vegas that was one. Most were in Fallout 1 and died at the end of that storyline. It's to do with radiation and the FEV. And a intelligent Super Mutant would be good! I do accept, and encourage multiple characters if you can handle it XD

Hmm, suppose there was also that weirdness with Lorenzo too. Tbh, I usually don't think Fallout has that much magic stuff going on, but there has been loads of evidence of crazier shit.

As for the next PC, dunno. I wanna focus on one dude for now, maybe I'll make a second if I feel for it.

Lorenzo too yeah to an extent, especially if you side with him XD It's not gonna be high fantasy magic though but I will use sci-fi BS to explain it XD

if we can use none photos here will be my looks
Snow-Bunny-Nidalee-Ch.jpg

Hmm, suppose there was also that weirdness with Lorenzo too. Tbh, I usually don't think Fallout has that much magic stuff going on, but there has been loads of evidence of crazier shit.

As for the next PC, dunno. I wanna focus on one dude for now, maybe I'll make a second if I feel for it.
it has a lot of weirdness time travel, talking rocks, eldritch gods, lots of weird stuff out there just low magic high wierdness

in a lovecraftian way yes so you aren't goign to be using fireballs but there is plenty of fantasy elements
I musta missed any of that in my exploits as a murder hobo

Oh another group of psykers from the first games...the Beastmasters. But I like the look of that picture! I don't dictate what sorts of pictures people use. Hell mine are gonna be screenshots of my actual characters XD And yes there will be some Lovecraftian BS XD

Oh another group of psykers from the first games...the Beastmasters. But I like the look of that picture! I don't dictate what sorts of pictures people use. Hell mine are gonna be screenshots of my actual characters XD And yes there will be some Lovecraftian BS XD
lol well then mine might be a psyker technically she wouldn't know it just hey i can talk to animals

Still trying to find a fitting pic for mine. My fallout character from the game won't work in this case.

Fair. The amount of times magic happens in Fallout is rare enough that most folks don't remember or just pass it off as weird pseudo science.

Anyways, here's some art for my dude.

YF6NPly.jpg

His standard look outside of his armor. he's a pretty plain looking guy without it, he doesn't really "look" like a raider if he's not in his armor.

jCT3XPd.png

His armor. His pride and joy. It might look like scrap metal welded to a power frame, but those are ceramic armor plates meant to absorb anti-armor bullets and explosives. Turns to slag against laser weapons though, which is why he didn't risk his chances against the brotherhood.

What he mainly brings to the table aside from power armor and a shotgun is his expertise with machines and computers. One of the rare few wastelanders with Scribe level experiences with machines, though he doesn't know all the technical terms that a proper scribe does, he's still a capable hacker. He is especially equipped to fight hostile machines and robots, and can easily override them in the heat of battle. His preferred robots are Eyebots, and not for combat. His signature machines are called his "Familiars", which are eyebots equipped with sensors and stealth cloaking. No weapons, but that's not their purpose anyways. They are suppose to sneak around and into facilities highlighting all the important things he needs to know and find, and he can then "mark" those objects on his power armor's HUD. If needed, they can self destruct and since they're so disposable, he doesn't mind doing so.

While he has robots and armor, he's not good at everything. For starters, subtly ain't really his thing. He has robots for that, but he himself relies a lot on his armor and thus isn't the best for stealth ops. Additionally while he's good with a gun and isn't afraid to fight up-close and personal, his actual knowledge of hand-to-hand more or less boils down to "Don't fight fair" and body slams. Great if he's in his power armor, no so great outside of it. He's highly reliant on his armor and machines, and his personal fighting ability is limited to being an okay shot with a gun. It's why he favors a shotgun over a rifle since he can't reliably land hits from a rifle's long range, but he's confident in shooting things within shotgun range. Lastly while he's good with computers, he's got no real training as a doctor and has a Stimpack addiction. Not because he likes the "rush", but again, he doesn't know conventional medicine and thus overcompensates by using stimpacks. He's always sore and hungry due to the stimpacks artificially accelerating his metabolism.

His weapon of choice is a combat shotgun he calls "Axcalibur". It belonged to the raider boss who had killed his parents, before he took over the gang after killing him. Fitted with a heavy frame receiver, a long shielded barrel, a marksman stock, drum mag, reflex sight, and most uniquely, a large bayonet in the shape of an axe blade. It makes it a terrifying looking weapon that's also very effective in melee. Aside from his shotgun, he also uses grenades. Most of these are ones he makes himself, such as molotovs, though he does have Pulse Grenades specifically for machines and opposing Power Armor.

Outside of his armor, he has a combat knife and revolver pistol. He doesn't really use either when he's in armor due to how small they are relative to his power armor, but it's possible for him to use it if he needs to. His Combat Knife is a trench knife similar to the ones used at Operation Anchorage. His pistol is chambered for 5.56 rounds that he cobbled together using some designs he found from merchants from the west coast. Packs a kick since they use rifle rounds, which he also makes himself.

Aside from tinkering with his armor and robots, he's also a skilled gunsmith and even a bladesmith. Both were skills that he had learned as a child from his father. He also has a machine set up to make bullets, and even has a dedicated Eyebot who can recycle materials he finds in his travels and make them into ammunition too. He offered one such machine to the Minutemen to secure his safety with them. His hobbies include reading comics and collecting old world music. He likes pop and foreign music, as well as Jazz. He even has a dedicated Eyebot to play his favorite songs whenever he's fighting. He's been working on refurbishing all those old-world cars to try and make one of them work, since it's hella faster than walking everywhere. Not a fan of dogs, since the old raider boss loved to use dogs to attack people. More of a cat person but can't even seem to tame one. His favorite food is mirelurk noodles, which is noodles cooked in a broth flavored with mirelurk meat and spices. He also just generally likes sea food. He likes sweet drinks like nuka cola but isn't a fan of alcohol.

Oi Oi Oi! So, what about putting a raider gang together, yeah? Lucius Cypher Lucius Cypher

Here's a thing I had written some time ago on a Fallout group RP regarding a raider gang:

The last rays of a setting sun glared a ruddy orange as the angry orb drifted down under the horizon line. Down the Interstate 20, a short line of oxidized metal contraptions chugged their way down the broken, asphalt trail. The rusty steel plank that served as a sunshade was drawn low to shield the eyes of the lead driver. It was an abomination of mechanical ability, scrapped and patched together in Frankenstein-ian fashion over the years by the mechanically adept members of the Slitter Gang. Mostly, this knowledge was observed and learned from a Mr. Handy robot that had been salvaged from a garage several years ago. The robot insisted on being called "Mr. Greasy". To the automaton's chagrin, most of the raiders just called it a myriad of derogatory curses and names.

A tangle of chains and cables were pulled taut behind the cantankerous, pre-war vehicles. They were shackled together, the stronger of the cars tugging along the weaker engines. Treads replaced tires when mangled strips of rubber were no longer sustainable for wheels. When the prospective bulk of abandoned cars were seen, they were cannibalized for any parts not obviously useless. At the rear of the chain-gang of vehicles, a large bus had been converted into a veritable parts warehouse. Here, anything that might feasibly be a replacement part was stored. Surrounding the string of transports was a large gaggle of raiders. Not forty in number, the nomads traveled West in search of new pickings and new victims. Their procession was a slow but tenacious walk. Their number clad in jury-rigged armor bristling with knobs, and spikes, and jagged edges meant to tear flesh as much as to defend from blows. Thudding amongst them in ominous power-armor were the Group Leaders. Their rank was made obvious by their coveted equipment, equally patchwork and sinister. Their respective cadre gathered around the individual leaders in unorganized clusters as the entirety of the gang trod onward. Absent from the procession was any semblance to a universal leader. No obvious mantle, no guarded transport. Nothing. For at this point and time, the Slitter Gang was without a head.

They would continue on for a time, stopping when they found ample shelter to accommodate their number. When this refuge manifested, it was as the ruins of what had once been a train station. Several train cars were frozen on the tracks, axles seized with rust. The windows to the station itself were largely absent, the glass having been broken decades or even centuries ago. But the whole of the region had provided walls and roofs to give temporary solace from the elements, and the raider gang was glad of it. With practiced familiarity, the cars were unfettered from one another, and their respective drivers parked them in a manner that provided a barricade from the most obvious points of potential danger. The rest of the raiders broke up into familiar groups. Most spread out to claim the area and any potential materials they could scavenge off of it. Others who were either too lazy or too tired, instead made their way to claim the best sleeping spots. Mr. Greasy was tucked away where he could be watched over. Despite how long he had remained in the raiders' company, the floating, multi-armed robot was still guarded like a prisoner.

If you want to run a large raider gang go ahead it would add some interesting dynamics XD
I mean, i don't want to have to keep track of a buncha characters. But I can include faceless NPCs and such if the narrative calls for it. I typically don't RP as more than my one, main character. Maaaaybe a secondary one as a supplemental character

Users who are viewing this thread

Back