• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fallout: New York

IAmQwerty

The Hero of Time
"Tell me...humans: how does it feel to see the monuments you have built? You have bled, slaved, and triumphed to make sure you would be remembered. But now, look. It has been destroyed by a wave of hell-fire greater than any of you could have predicted. Or rather, chose not to predict. Yes...look at yourself now. You have been abandoned by your own kind." The super-mutant crouches to be at eye level with the vault-dwellers and continues, with a crooked smile. "Your...overseer...your...fellow human would gladly watch you...die."

Now, the super-mutant stiffens back up, and lets out a loud cackle. Then, he bends down again. This time, he is reluctant to look at any of the vault dwellers in the eyes."

"I have a job for you three. A favor... if you would... prefer to call it that."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everybody, and welcome to the wasteland!(skull)

I'm currently looking for three people to take on the role of three vault-dwellers. Kicked out of the vault, the three of you will struggle to survive the harshest of post-apocalyptic New York. This is a dice game, but it won't be overly complicated.

Why A Dice System?

It's been a challenge trying to decide how I would do this, but seeing how the Fallout games are set up, dice ultimately seemed like the best option to keep the game fair, entertaining, and challenging. Again though, I'll keep it based on a very simple system.

Sound's Great, But How Do I Start?

First step is to make your character. At the end of this post, I will put a sample character sheet for you to fill out. This will include you putting up a screenshot of your SPECIAL and related stats.

Whoa, SPECIAL Stats? How Do I Figure Out My Stats?

Posted below is an awesome tool for creating your character. You will take a screenshot of this, and post it in your character sheet.

Fallout New Vegas Character Creator

What About Perks?

In the overview, I will put a list of perks, level needed to attain, and effect.

How Will The Characters Be Managed?

In the first post, or possibly the overview, I will keep everybody's stats, perks, etc updated.

How Does Leveling Work?

The level cap is 30. EXP from killing an enemy will be the enemy level multiplied by ten. There will be a Pip-Boy ability (replacing VATS) that will let you see enemy level. The attack points, hit points, etc will be available after a few encounters with that enemy.

How Does Dice Work In The Game?

1. For stats such as lock-picking, speech, etc, a roll will be done with a 100 sided die. For instance, if you want to persuade an NPC to do something, and your speech level is 25, in order to pull it off, you have to roll a number from 1-25.
  2. For stats such as damage, you will roll a 6 sided die, and add it to the stat of the weapon type you're using. But it is possible to miss. First, you will take your perception score and multiply it by 10. Then, roll a 100 sided die to see if you hit.
  3. I'm going to make it easy for non-dice players. At the end of your post, tell me what you would like to do, and I'll tell you how to roll. I will look at your roll results, and narrate what happens.
  4. Later, if you are familiar with what dice you need to roll, you don't have to wait for me to tell you what to roll. However, you will still have to wait for me to look at the roll and narrate the results.

If We Are The Three Characters, What Will You Be Doing?

I will be a narrator of NPC's and such. I will present your character with choices, and you decide how to go from there. If you are familiar with D&D terms, I will be the RP's DM.

Quick note:

All characters will start with Vault 33 equipment, and you will have a chance to choose weapons (although small) in the Vault. Heads up, its possible for you to head into the wasteland unarmed. But it's also possible for your character to die.(skull)

Character Sheet

Name:

Sex:

Appearance:

SPECIAL and Stat Screenshot:

Personality:

Good luck!

Sorry, lol. Since it's Fallout, it seems necessary to have a small group. But, I'll let you know if somebody doesn't post! :) And it's out, you can find it in the dice section.

Last edited by a moderator:
There needs to be more Fallout Group RPs, I swear, even after Fallout 4 came out there's nothing around. :( Shame, cause it's a great game!

How do you feel about Antagonist in the wasteland? I was in a Fallout RP and being an antagonist in there, i developed quite a few characters xP

DarlingWaylonPark said:
There needs to be more Fallout Group RPs, I swear, even after Fallout 4 came out there's nothing around. :( Shame, cause it's a great game!
Make one and I'd gladly join! Or maybe we could do some type of collab?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back