• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Fallout: Legends of the Badlands

It seemed that everybody in the group wanted to head to the settlement.

"Sounds good; let's get going then. Night's falling, an all that," Jay said. He turned and hobbled his way back up the hill, watching the twisting trees and butchered hornet corpses as he passed them.

"Everybody here's headed to the settlement, which bodes the question as to wether you two are joining us. If not, I guess we could regroup at the factory," he suggested.

Thinking it over for a brief time, Ferrin watched as the others began to disperse towards the direction of the settlement. She honestly would have enjoyed accompanying them simply to the extent that she hadn't had much interaction with anyone for the past months, but she knew the truth was that she just didn't fit in, and she wasn't going to change who or what she was just to fit that. Rising to her feet again, the Dragoon looked out towards the warehouse district and nodded firmly.

"I think I'll be headed to the warehouses, and iffen you're truly set on coming along, Dode, then we might as well start heading that way. Sides, mate, it'll be nice travelling with a competent fighter again. The last companion I had was... well, nice, but he was not a fighter and while I didn't want him dead, he was a drain to defend regularly."

Offering the scope back to the man, Ferrin shouldered her spear and took a last look at both the group, and then the storm clouds before nodding firmly, starting to make her way down the hill and towards the warehouse district, expecting that if Dode was going to follow her, he would do so of his own accord.

@Dodiestee

"I think I'll be headed to the warehouses, and iffen you're truly set on coming along, Dode, then we might as well start heading that way. Sides, mate, it'll be nice travelling with a competent fighter again. The last companion I had was... well, nice, but he was not a fighter and while I didn't want him dead, he was a drain to defend regularly."

"
Aye if we start off now, we should make it tae the factories before the storm is at it's worst", replied Dode as he took the scope back, clicking it back on to the Enfield. "Heh", he scoffed, "I dinnae ken about competent, keep me at the back and I'll shoot the feet off a chargin' mutt, put me at the front in a firefight and ah'll be a shakin' mess", he joked, hoping Ferrin wasn't about to run off.

Ferrin shouldered her spear then set off down the hill. "
I'll be two secs", he remarked before turning to Jay, "Ferrin and I are gonnae head off to the factory, scout it out and hopefully remove any threats, we'll link up 'the morra'", he said patting Jay on the shoulder, "keep the pressure on that leg, and get some rest, see ya later". Dode winked then turned in the direction Ferrin had gone, setting off into a painful jog, eventually catching up with Ferrin. He pulled his rifle out from the coverall, keeping the safety on... Hopefully the night would be uneventful, the first drop of rain landing on his hood...

The Timeline should be resolved now**

Last edited by a moderator:
Jay smiled and nodded, then bade Dode and Ferrin good luck. He felt a few drops of rain land on his back and quickly slapped on his aviator cap to shield his head from the oncoming storm.

With the rest of the group, Jay hurriedly travelled over the hill and through what seemed to be a long, empty valley- that is, other than the collection of buildings on the far side that glowed with light in the midsts of the black night. Since leaving the hill, the rain had got much heavier and thundered down all around them. Luckily, Jay was protected from the worst of it by his jacket, but that didn't stop the storm from worrying him; he could hardly hear or see anything, and several times he had almost tripped over large rocks or exposed roots in the ground.

Other than the rain, the group made it to the settlement unhindered- Jay put it down to everything else in the wasteland hating the rain as much as he did. He soon found himself outside the most well-lit building in the village- a pun, he guessed, judging by the sign handing above the door, which he couldn't quite read with all the rain. Not thinking twice, he pushed through the heavy door and into the pub.

The inside of the building was rustic and old-fashioned, and was basically untouched by the whole nuclear armageddon- not that Jay knew what an old building really looked like. Other than him, the only person in the room seemed to be the bartender, who sat behind the table with a tall, brown bottle that Jay recognised as Morlands. He sat down at the bar in front of the man.

"I didn't know they had Morlands outside of Colonia. Maybe the badlands aren't so bad after all," he laughed, "you wouldn't happen to have any rooms free, would you?"

Celia saw the others coming into the settlement and waved to them. they were a distance away from her but she saw them nonetheless. This junction served another purpose though. This junction was Black Bar headquarters. Black Bar was a faction started by Celia a couple years ago. They tolerate the other factions as long as they do not get on their bad side. They are a Caravan Faction that travels all across the wasteland.

Celia walks back into her mechanics shop and starts working on a voice modulator for Renold

LawOfChaos said:
Jay smiled and nodded, then bade Dode and Ferrin good luck. He felt a few drops of rain land on his back and quickly slapped on his aviator cap to shield his head from the oncoming storm.
With the rest of the group, Jay hurriedly travelled over the hill and through what seemed to be a long, empty valley- that is, other than the collection of buildings on the far side that glowed with light in the midsts of the black night. Since leaving the hill, the rain had got much heavier and thundered down all around them. Luckily, Jay was protected from the worst of it by his jacket, but that didn't stop the storm from worrying him; he could hardly hear or see anything, and several times he had almost tripped over large rocks or exposed roots in the ground.

Other than the rain, the group made it to the settlement unhindered- Jay put it down to everything else in the wasteland hating the rain as much as he did. He soon found himself outside the most well-lit building in the village- a pun, he guessed, judging by the sign handing above the door, which he couldn't quite read with all the rain. Not thinking twice, he pushed through the heavy door and into the pub.

The inside of the building was rustic and old-fashioned, and was basically untouched by the whole nuclear armageddon- not that Jay knew what an old building really looked like. Other than him, the only person in the room seemed to be the bartender, who sat behind the table with a tall, brown bottle that Jay recognised as Morlands. He sat down at the bar in front of the man.

"I didn't know they had Morlands outside of Colonia. Maybe the badlands aren't so bad after all," he laughed, "you wouldn't happen to have any rooms free, would you?"
The bartender looked at Jay. "we infact do, we have about five. 10 caps a night." He said as he cleaned the cups

Nic was more than ready to go, or well be away from the group after all she wasn't part of the group, just her , Tess,...and Anna it would be just the three of them. Still it seemed that they would be staying here for the night and it was to late for them make any sales as prime shopping time had passed and repairs were scheduled in advance. So that meant that they would not be making any caps for a few days and with that woman with the eyebot Nic doubted that the town would need many repairs assuming she was competent. it was annoying to find a place with someone who could repair things as it was for the most part a wasted trip.

" I'll go with you.. i don't really look around i do my jobs and go" Nic said though she sounded lightly more nervous than annoyed at being in a city.

Karcen said:
Nic was more than ready to go, or well be away from the group after all she wasn't part of the group, just her , Tess,...and Anna it would be just the three of them. Still it seemed that they would be staying here for the night and it was to late for them make any sales as prime shopping time had passed and repairs were scheduled in advance. So that meant that they would not be making any caps for a few days and with that woman with the eyebot Nic doubted that the town would need many repairs assuming she was competent. it was annoying to find a place with someone who could repair things as it was for the most part a wasted trip.
" I'll go with you.. i don't really look around i do my jobs and go" Nic said though she sounded lightly more nervous than annoyed at being in a city.
@LawOfChaos @The Unamed Beast

Annalise Fredricks

Anna nodded, "Alright then, lets go." She replied before walking towards the bar..inn..tavern thingy. She had to admit, this settlement was far different than anything she'd ever seen, probably due to the fact the only thing she'd ever known was Colonia. She kind of liked the smaller seemingly simpler layout, the lack of people running back and forth nonstop. It was..eerily peaceful in a land reduced to waste. Anna kind of liked it. Nevertheless it didn't take them long at all to reach to place, and it seemed Jay had already reached it himself. "Uh. Hi. I-I don't think we ever properly met. I'm Annalise, N-Nice to meet you." She told him before turning to the bartender. "We'd like to rent a room if you have any left." She told them.

Jay hadn't noticed that he wasn't the only one in the group that had found their way to the pub until Annalise spoke up. He slightly recognised her from Colonia, but he wasn't sure he'd ever actually talked to her before. Either way, she seemed nice enough.

"Two, please," he interjected, placing a small pile of twenty caps down on the bar.

"I mean, come on. Both of us in one room? You haven't even taken me for dinner yet."

Laughing, he held out his hand for her to shake.

"Jay. Nice to meet you."

LawOfChaos said:
Jay hadn't noticed that he wasn't the only one in the group that had found their way to the pub until Annalise spoke up. He slightly recognised her from Colonia, but he wasn't sure he'd ever actually talked to her before. Either way, she seemed nice enough.
"Two, please," he interjected, placing a small pile of twenty caps down on the bar.

"I mean, come on. Both of us in one room? You haven't even taken me for dinner yet."

"Jay. Nice to meet you."
The bar tender took the caps and brought out two keys. They are the furthest from the stairs once you turn to the right." he said and went back to doing his duties

Nic and Tess had gone into the inn tavern combo both were rather used to travel so such places were where they normally stayed as doing something like owning a bit of land in every place they went just to sleep was silly. So Nic and Tess were around of the little exchange between Jay and Anna and while Tess was good with at some jokes, hers were very bad, Nic was not so good with humor. Though after a second Nic did get the joke, though she didn't quite find it funny.

" Hopefully these places have two beds i would rather not have to put three people on one bed" Nic said speaking up from the side of Anna.

" You mean Two Ma'am I don't sleep" Tess said.

"" Right " Nic said though it sounded like she lost a little energy from that reminder.

**Meanwhile... A mile from the factory... **

The rain was only getting heavier, lashing the ground... 15 minutes since the storm hit and the area was sodden, the loose water running down the last stretch of the hill, leaving growing black voids at the bottom, illuminated only by the frequent lightning. Dode was, to an extent, fine...his waterproof cover and deep hood deflecting every drop, the wind on his face was cold as always, but he was dry and to an extent warm.

The pair made there way down the hill at a quick pace, there footing was perfect, despite the water and darkness. Dode limped every few steps but the pain meds were doing what he needed, plus extended time in the wastes served only to accelerate the senses and perseverance he had assumed long ago. Ferrin could handle herself, Dode thought to himself, but eventually the rain would soak her to the bone and the cold winds could severely cripple her condition. They needed shelter, and the factory district was only getting closer. Dode gazed ahead, squinting in an attempt to see through the storm ahead, some kind of cover would be great, even for a short time, but only wrecked vehicles and ruined buildings...

"
Ferrin!" shouted Dode, hoping to be heard across the rage of the storm, "are you okay to keep going or do you want to set up some kind of shelter until the storm settles a bit?", he hoped for the latter option, but he was accompanying Ferrin, it was her decision...

LawOfChaos said:

"Jay. Nice to meet you."
Karcen said:
Nic and Tess had gone into the inn tavern combo both were rather used to travel so such places were where they normally stayed as doing something like owning a bit of land in every place they went just to sleep was silly. So Nic and Tess were around of the little exchange between Jay and Anna and while Tess was good with at some jokes, hers were very bad, Nic was not so good with humor. Though after a second Nic did get the joke, though she didn't quite find it funny.
" Hopefully these places have two beds i would rather not have to put three people on one bed" Nic said speaking up from the side of Anna.

" You mean Two Ma'am I don't sleep" Tess said.

"" Right " Nic said though it sounded like she lost a little energy from that reminder.
Annalise Fredricks

Annas' face reddened slightly at Jays' joke. "I-I meant for me and Nic..." She mumbled. Joke or not she was a shy person, and the thought of what Jay said kind of embarrassed her a bit. She supposed she should of been more clear on what she meant, but, she assumed he'd of known what he meant. Regardless she shook his hand briefly when offered, quickly returning her arms to their crossed posistion over her bear in front of her chest. She really didn't care what others thought about the bear, it helped her stay calm. She turned to Nic when she spoke and nodded. "It'd be uncomfortable, but better than nothing I-I guess." She replied. Honestly she wouldn't mind sleeping on the floor if she had to as long as she had a room.

To be frank, Ferrin was more than okay with slogging it through the mud and water. It wouldn't be the first time, and she'd been in far more miserable conditions before. Besides, there was more than likely plenty of unfriendlies in their goal, and as morbid as it was, the truth was that the blood of others was actually really good at warming people up. In fact most innards were when you covered yourself in them. She had camped out a winter night in the bely of a Highland Horror before so she knew first hand and feared little what the rain would do to her.

Still, as Dode called out she turned to look back at him. Part of her wanted to just keep going, especially since he'd volunteered to accompany her, so the venture was her call. But looking at the way he was favouring his leg, whether he realised it was notable or not, told her all she needed to know.

"There's nary a touch of decent cover until the start of the district, Dode." She replied matter'o'factly as she gestured to the ruined buildings, "Our best bet is to take the first building we hit in the warehouse district as we get close. It won't be our target building, but it is four walls and a roof, no?"

Looking out over the expanse between them and said nearest building, the warrior realised that the ground was going to get more treacherous as they continued. Moving back to Dode's side, Ferrin offered a shoulder for support despite her size and nodded firmly.

"Sooner we get there the better. It's that first one with the blue siding. Hole in the side of it, yea, but overall it's a fair sized building and should have some dry spots within."

@Dodiestee

Mary followed the group towards the pub but quietly stepped away from the group when she could. She found a quite corner of the settlement and removed get backpack, taking out her radio. A quick look around to ensure that the coast was clear before turning on the radio and tuned it while holding the mic. "Base this is Gail ... Base this is Gail... Got from here from you, have new development.., No sir. No issue. Have lead on on most wanted please advice... Thought so will see what I can get from him... If must get close, I will.... Roger and out."She placed the mic set back on the radio and replaced it back on the bag. She took a deep breath and entered the pub finding the others near the bar and followed. "Beer, landlord..."She said to the barman and turned to the others. "What a day. "

Jay quickly pocketed a set of room keys from the bar and took a seat at one of the stools. Mary then entered the room, bringing in a lashing of cold wind with her, and sat down at the bar beside him.

"Tell me about it," he chuckled quietly in response. With a smile, he looked up to the bartender.

"I'll have a Morlands, please."

In stoic silence, the bartender brought up an unlabelled bottle of beer, presumably home-brewed, and a bottle of Morlands, with a pint glass for each.

LawOfChaos said:
Jay quickly pocketed a set of room keys from the bar and took a seat at one of the stools. Mary then entered the room, bringing in a lashing of cold wind with her, and sat down at the bar beside him.
"Tell me about it," he chuckled quietly in response. With a smile, he looked up to the bartender.

"I'll have a Morlands, please."

In stoic silence, the bartender brought up an unlabelled bottle of beer, presumably home-brewed, and a bottle of moorlands, with a pint glass for each.
"You just love the warmth of the bar staff here. Make you fell welcome."She commented sarcastically as the barman served the drink. She took the bottle and drank it straight up. "Oh yeah, that is the stuff... feels like ages since I had one."she said before looking at Jay. "Been the Badlands long than?"

hWjcqQ6.png

Frank Broccoli

Time: Night time

Place: Frankie's Barbershop - A civilian settlement near Colonia

With: Stefan Broccoli

- What is it ? You don't like your meat ? Eat it before it turn cold!

Frank said, as he noticed that his brother suddenly stopped eating his meal. He turned around, look at his brother.

- There are people out there dying of starvation out there...

- Look... you still have to eat something

- Okay... - Stefan answered

- Okay what it's ?

- You promised to teach me to shoot a gun the other day...

- Oh shit... I forgot... Why didn't you remind me earlier - Frankie rubbed his forehead slowly, he had been very busy that his forgot his promise with his kid brother - Okay look Steve, tomorrow okay ? I promised, for real this time.

- Why can't you teach me tonight ?

- What are you talking about ?!! It's dangerous at night, gun shot can bring attention to highwaymen, ghoul, wild animal, all those fucking pricks come down to our house... You ever think of that ?

Stefan remained, he knew his big brother had made a fair point, no one is safe at night in the Waste.

- Tomorrow okay ? - Said, Frank stood up and drank the water from a tin can nearby. - Now I'm going to set up the trap, you do the laundry okay ?

Consumed Items:

Strange meat - 2

Dirty water - 2

Tin can - 1

@Not-a-reply-to-anyone

"There's nary a touch of decent cover until the start of the district, Dode. Our best bet is to take the first building we hit in the warehouse district as we get close. It won't be our target building, but it is four walls and a roof, no?" Ferrin shouted back, "That sounds great tae me, any'hin will be better than this pishin rain" Dode replied, again shouting across the noise...the storm doing it's best to drown them both out.

The pair sallied forth across the sodden ground, Ferrin was doing better at keeping the pace however, the lack of armour obviously helping to keep her nimble, despite the torrential rain. Dode on the other hand, though he would never admit such a thing, was being weighed down by the armour he wore, not that it was heavy, just restricting. He was very agile with the armour, but for long periods of travel, he could do without the extra weight, especially when it was "chuckin it doon".

His leg was aching. The pain meds were keeping the edge of the pain at bay, but he hadn't done this much continuous walking since the ambush that put him in this condition. Ferrin had obviously noticed this as she was now propping his side up. It was helping but now Dode was exactly what he didnt want to be... A burden.

"Sooner we get there the better. It's that first one with the blue siding. Hole in the side of it, yea, but overall it's a fair sized building and should have some dry spots within."

"
Hopefully that's all there will be inside... ", Dode thought hopefully...

@Veirrianna Valentine

Jay took a sip of his beer and sighed quietly.

"Been in the Badlands long then?" Mary asked.

"Nope, I'd never even left Colonia until today." He took another swig of his beer.

"How about you? How long have you been out here?"

(Sorry for the short post, I haven't had much time to be online recently.)

"Just arrived, have been in the north west coastline for a while were joined the Robins, been in the Irish waists before that." She admitted quietly sipping on her drink." So your family is in Colonia? I hear a lot of shelters were in the area."

It hadn't taken near as long as she'd expected when she started aiding Dode through the marshy ground and to the warehouse. It had been expected that even with the help he would be having more trouble, but if he was having trouble he sure wasn't showing it. Instead he largely handled himself well and once they reached the door Ferrin left Dode's side without a word as she started trying to get the door open. Realising it was locked she turned and looked at the man.

"You know, lockpicking sounds easy enough. Use pins'n'a'lever to open it. I'm just shite at it in practise."

Standing up and pulling back, Ferrin slammed her spear into the wooden door next to the lock, twisting and jerking it until the old wood broke free and the lock came loose of it's placing. With a surefire grin, the tribal pushed the door open and carefully look around the smaller warehouse, realising it seconded as an office building. The room they entered seemed to be a lobby, and she could see that along with the decay and rot, there were three ghoul corpses decaying in the lobby all with bullet holes carelessly riddled through them. Furthermore there were bullet holes in almost everything.

Whoever had been doing the shooting clearly didn't know what they were doing, or were simply terrible at aiming. Silently hand motioning to the ghouls and the holes, Ferrin held up a hand, intending for Dode to understand it meant for him to stay by the door at ready. She didn't stop to think about whether he'd understand Dragoon non-phonetics and hand signals, but it didn't cross her mind once as she walked up to the next door, this one ajar with the door hanging on but one hinge. Pushing it open slightly more, she saw it led to down a hallway that had two options at the end. A stairwell going upstairs or downstairs, and a pair of double doors leading to the factory area. Remembering the hole outside she ruled that the factory area was likely a mess.

Walking back to Dode she laid out the info, "Three options. Upstairs, downstairs or into the factory. I believe the factory has a hole in the wall leading outside, so anything could be in there. Then there's the ghouls and the damage. Likely raiders or punks. Dragoons are more accurate than this even. I figure whether we go up or down we seem to be at a chance for encountering trouble, though statistically we'd be safer going up as keeping things from following you up is easier than keeping things from following you down. Still, with two of us here I want your take on things."

@Dodiestee

Ferrin held up a hand as she moved into the building, a hand signal he recognised from his time back home when he worked as a security officer. He was trained on standard military procedure, passed down from generations of families and extensive literature devoted to teaching combat techniques... as if further proof was needed that mankind excelled at war. She was motioning for Dode to stay put, giving him the time he needed to sort himself for an incursion into an unsecured enviroment. He unslung his Enfield, sitting it across his knee as he pulled off the soaked waterproof cover and laying it out on the ground. He reached into his pack and pulled out a med-x syringe, removed the cap then injected the contents into his leg, wincing from the immediate pain... Any pain he had known getting here woukd be gone in a few minutes, leaving him able and capable once more. Finally he picked up the Enfield once more, and slinging it behind him as Ferrin walked back towards him...

[QUOTE="Veirrianna Valentine]Three options. Upstairs, downstairs or into the factory. I believe the factory has a hole in the wall leading outside, so anything could be in there. Then there's the ghouls and the damage. Likely raiders or punks. Dragoons are more accurate than this even. I figure whether we go up or down we seem to be at a chance for encountering trouble, though statistically we'd be safer going up as keeping things from following you up is easier than keeping things from following you down. Still, with two of us here I want your take on things.

[/QUOTE]
"
Hmmm... ", Dode looked past Ferrin and around the room as he pulled out his pistol and knife..."going up definitely sounds like the better idea. I've shot myself with some Med-X so if I'm slowing you doon just hit is...", he smirmed gently as he assumed a combat stance with his pistol and knife, then looked at Ferrin, "silence from here on out, whispers at most", he said gently as he motioned with his knife hand towards the hallway door.

With all the bullet holes coating the walls and floor back at the lobby, Dode grew concerned that he'd be forced to kill someone very shortly. If they shot at him first then it was fine, he would react and not feel guilty, but sneaking into a room and executing someone wasn't Dode's style...the guilt would catch up to him very quickly once the action calmed down...

@Veirrianna Valentine

Users who are viewing this thread

Back