• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Fallout Based Roleplay

OOoh, can I be a creature found outside of the vault. There are alot of those. I'd think that would make it extra interesting. If no, it's totally cool. I just remember my Fallout OC being a creature. I don't think I have a picture anymore, but I remember the information in high detail.

@SorryOutOfOrder

That's definitely something I was looking at! The only thing is, you'd really have to wait to come in until we open the Vault. Are you okay with that?

@Starfleet

Awesome! There's a link to the thread on the first page of you wanna check that out!

Xx-Katherine-xX] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/22891-sorryoutoforder/ said:
@SorryOutOfOrder[/URL]
That's definitely something I was looking at! The only thing is, you'd really have to wait to come in until we open the Vault. Are you okay with that?

@Starfleet

Awesome! There's a link to the thread on the first page of you wanna check that out!
Yeah, sure! I'll just spectate until then! Gives me a ton of time to build up on the character anyways.

Oh if you let people be things for outside the vault I have s very fun idea I can use for that

@Xx\-Katherine\-xX

I may not be immediately interested in participating in this RP, however I just wanted to say that it's refreshing to see others who are as familiar with the lore of Fallout as I am! Most people don't care enough to get into it, and so are commonly unaware that the nuclear apocalypse happened in 2077, not actually in the 50s, let alone that jingoism and mccarthyism got such a strangle hold on american culture as to stagnate it and lock it into the 50s.

A few minor niggles to point out, because that's what good lore masters do.

The vault full of gary clones wasn't intended to be a vault of clones. That was one of those 'unexpected derailments' mentioned, it was intended to be a vault torn apart by social stresses due to no established leadership or command structure, an overstocked armory that lacked locks, and no entertainment. It's original overseer was chosen because he'd be projected to die in a few years of some terminal condition, and other stressors were planned through intentional failures of systems to put pressure on the leaderless isolated community, such as a shoddy power source unable to provide for the full needs of the vault and to constantly break down, despite always being fixable. Why it went completely off the rails into a vault of clones is, as yet unknown. This was the purpose of the vault experiment, in it's core, to root out these unknown and unpredictable derailments of society so they can be mapped and predicted. In that respect, Vault 108 is probably one of the most successful in it's experiment, having produced such a fantastic derailment.

Despite limited portrayal on the video games, necessitated by limited resources with which to present what a vault is, Vaults were generally much larger than expressed in the game (able to support a thousand people after all) but not quite as huge as one might imagine. Most Vaults were designed to house a thousand people in limited space by means of a three-shift rotation and hot bunking. Only particularly important vault dwellers, or maybe families who petition for private space during formative years of infancy or similar, had their own individual quarters. Most living spaces were designed to support at least a dozen people, if not more, at once and each bed would have three personal assignments. Mr Smith sleeps from 6 AM to 2 PM, Mr Jones from 2 PM to 10 PM, and Mr Richards from 10 PM to 6 AM. They'd probably all have their own linens, stored in footlockers next to the beds, to reduce the icky factor a bit but really, it's a fallout shelter, not a luxury hotel. ...

That being said, obviously, the nature of the vault experiment and the authority Overseers may or may not have, as determined by the nature of the experiment (some overseers were just puppets of he Enclave, some controlled by rigid pre-established orders, others were autonomous), could mean any of these standards could be changed at their discretion.

The ten year old presentation of a Pip-Boy is, so far, only a Vault 101 known rule, though it seems a sensible age to begin acclimating a child to vault adult social structure. The G.O.A.T. examination in itself seems to entirely be a Vault 101 'thing' tying into it's experiment as a test of absolute totalitarian authority in extreme indefinite isolation. Vault 101 was intended to be ruled by a one-man worship-me cult, an overseer who was practically worshiped and supposed to be blindly obeyed, so a standardized, but entirely meaningless, occupational aptitude test fits in with that. 'You're a janitor because I said so' 'I got top marks in particle physics!' 'I say so because the test says so and the test says so because I say so.' and continuing circular authoritarian non-logic.

More sensible vaults might have more sensible ways to determine a person's placing in the vault, but once again that being said, a G.O.A.T. or some similar parallel might also be appropriate in itself for your Vault if it fits the overarching themes of the vaults' experiments. Alternately, it could simply be a not-stupid, actually effective at placement version of the G.O.A.T..

This is all just food for thought! Consideration for well thought out and well considered world building, in the end it's entirely up to you!

I was, admittedly, looking for a Spaceship RP, because I really wanted to do something involving closed spaces and tight proximity, somewhere that people always were, and having to deal with living in such an environment.

I also happen to be a HUGE Fallout Fan. And it turns out, Vaults are like spaceships, underground.

I would definitely be interested in joining up, although I may post longer than 1 paragraph here or there if I get overzealous.

[QUOTE="Dak Sevkla]I also happen to be a HUGE Fallout Fan. And it turns out, Vaults are like spaceships, underground.

[/QUOTE]
Funny you should mention that, one of the original endgame purposes for the Vault experiment, for the Enclave, was to study populations in isolation and try to provoke various unexpected or expected failures specifically to try and prepare for space travel.

They couldn't predict what might happen in the depths of space, so decided to set a bunch of likely and unlikely scenarios in motion to see what would happen, actively hoping for unexpected derailments and spectacular failures, for the express purpose to learn from them.

Obviously the 'nuke earth then go find another planet' plan fell through, too impractical, so the vault experiment's importance was greatly diminished. Some of the data may be useful for rebuilding a society the Enclave can control and manipulate, but beyond that the experiment was reduced to merely academic value for vault-tec and enclave scientists.

@Vilhelm @Dak Sevkla

I'm so sorry I've taken so long to get back to y'all! The notification must've gotten lost in everything else!

We are definitely still looking for more people, although at this point we need more Wastelanders than Vault Dwellers. If y'all are still interested, we'd be happy to have you!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back