~ FALLOUT 4 ~

This is my first Fallout game, and I'd have to give it a B. I don't know if I can be bothered to play beyond the main campaign, but it is fun, if a bit confusing control-wise.

I have done nothing for the past week but play this game. A lot better then I thought it'd be.

It looks pretty and returns to the style of the original games which I like (Confused why people are complaining about the colourfulness of it, I like that. Makes it like the 1st and 2nd)

I don't like how it pretty much tells you, You ARE this ex-military guy/female lawyer and you DO have this husband/wife and you DO have this son named Shaun. Kinda takes away from the roleplaying the other games provided. Other complaints are mostly just how it's badly optimized and full of bugs. But it's a lot better then other Bethesda launches. They are slowly learning how to release a finished game.

Also I love how the power armour makes you feel like a walking tank. I don't use it much, since I like to be agile and stuff. But when I do it's so fun.

F4F89BF6E018E6AFE6D5032BB1467EE7BBCA73DB

Yea, especially after I learned all pipe guns and the laser rifle/pistol were the same guns with modifications. But the weapon customization made up for that. Like I started with a small hunting rifle that some raider was using, barrel sawed off and stockless. Now it's a giant .50 caliber murder machine.

I also really enjoy the settlement building. But I find that a lot of these "new" features are just mods from Fallout 3 and New Vegas

Settlement building, sprinting with AP, headlamps, grenade button. All were mods in Fallout New Vegas. It's like they just downloaded them from the nexus and threw them in. Don't get me wrong, I like them very much, just doesn't feel like "BRAND NEW NEVER BEFORE SEEN IN A FALLOUT GAME"

9CB84EAB9ED9C664D0FA08EF7390B040FB9F3A41

Last edited by a moderator:
Spoiler about post-game minutemen quest.

Took the Commonwealth back from the Institute, and now from the Brotherhood. The Commonwealth is finally free from the big players and the Minutemen can protect the people much easier :D

F8122C2B4ED93A08631DD120C9C747AA47F583D6

The Brotherhood didn't like that we did that though.
A6E89EF71E3BA877B8660C2E923D5A4234299AB6

Luckily I had a bunch of Missile Turrets. Those things are OP. I built a bunch thinking they fired slowly. I wasn't expecting MLRS-tier devastation.

DA56CBC880CA13D512C47A70491245BA24F3756C

I do find it ironic though. A bunch of people trying to prevent the "mistakes of humanities past" decide to build a giant airship. Did none of the hear of the Hindenburg?
54340C3FD8E9B3C608D7456D3C2F026CA90F4EB9

Sadly I've run out of enemies to liberate the people from so most my time now is just running around from settlement to settlement solving problems.

It's just too good... I beat the storyline, then I've just been moving between settlement to settlement, building... fortifying.. I have fortresses everywhere..

[QUOTE="The One Eyed Bandit]I'd heard the new ferals were intense and I was still terrified when I first encountered them

[/QUOTE]
Goddang Glowing one made me just get up and walk away from my TV.

When I first met a Super Mutant Suicider, I knew nothing of their suicidal tendencies. although, their name should of set me off.

[QUOTE="Mr H 65]When I first met a Super Mutant Suicider, I knew nothing of their suicidal tendencies. although, their name should of set me off.

[/QUOTE]
I wasn't lucky enough to catch their name the first time I met one. But the large green man, football rushing me with a blinking nuke yelling at the top of his lungs made me get the picture real quick.

Not gonna lie, I've spent more time total looking for X-O1 parts for my power armor, than beating the games main story three times. (and i still can't find those armor parts, well minus my helmet and right leg.)

I just finished it about a week ago, and I'm amazed. I connected to The Sole Survivor more than The Lone Wanderer or The Courier, I definitely think it deserves GOTY.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back