• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Fallout 3 style roleplay

Sagebot

Peek-a-boo
THIS RECRUITING IS NOW CLOSED. MAY OPEN AGAIN IN FUTURE.

Many years after the world has been ravaged by nuclear war, humanity still clings to life. There are those who live tucked away in underground vaults who have known nothing but metal tunnels and artificial lights since the time of their birth, but have never known real want. There are the wastelanders, who struggle for survival everyday, some living in ramshackle towns and dwellings, while others wander the land, not always sure about what they are even looking for. Inside our out, a human soul longs to be free. And free it shall be.

Hey there! Interested in a post nuclear apocalypse roleplay? Then look no farther. I'm currently recruiting for just that! So, here are the details:

This will be a group roleplay. It is going to be my first time directing a group rp, so I'm going to keep the group size smaller for now. I might open up recruitment again later, but for now I am only looking for four companions.

This roleplay will be set in the world of fallout 3, with all the locations, creatures, people, etc. However, we will not be following the story line of it. It has a stand alone plot, so you don't have to worry if you have never actually played the game. People who are just into the idea are welcome too, and can read up on anything important on a wiki page. There are also plenty of playthroughs to watch on youtube, so if you are one of the interested parties who have not played the game, I strongly recommend checking them out.

Characters can be wastelanders or vault-dwellers. You can even have a supermutant or a goul if you really want, though for those kinds of characters I would prefer you talk to me first.

The plot for now is pretty simple: find clean water and stay alive. The characters would form a loose group and travel together. You would be in charge of your character's back story. Also, keep in mind that characters could very possibly die.

So, still interested? If you are, here's how to apply. will ask that whoever wants to join fill out some information and PM it to me. First, fill out the following:

Character Info

-NAME:

-SEX:

-VAULT OR WASTELAND RAISED:

-WEAPON OF CHOICE (IF ANY):

-APPEARANCE:

-PERSONALITY:

-LIKES & DISLIKES:

-RELIGIOUS?:

-FEARS:

-OTHER INFO (OPTIONAL):

PERSONAL INFO

-WHAT TIMEZONE DO YOU OCCUPY:

-HOW ACTIVE ARE YOU IN ROLEPLAYS:

-DO YOU GET ALONG WELL WITH OTHERS:

-IS THERE ANY BEHAVIOR YOU CAN'T STAND IN AN RP:

-ARE YOU FAMILIAR WITH THE FALLOUT GAMES:

-CHARACTER DEATHS-YES OR NO (OPINION):

-DO YOU USE FIRST OR THIRD PERSON WHEN IN CHARACTER:

-ANYTHING I SHOULD KNOW ABOUT YOU:

-ONE REASON I SHOULD CHOOSE YOU OR WHY YOU WANT TO JOIN AND WHAT YOU PROPOSE TO BRING TO THE GROUP:

IF POSSIBLE, INCLUDE A PICTURE OF YOUR CHARACTER. REAL OR ANIME IS FINE.

WRITING SAMPLE

THE WRITING SAMPLE IS A BIT DIFFERENT FROM THE USUAL. INSTEAD OF JUST COPY PASTING A SEGMENT FROM A PAST RP, I WOULD LIKE A SHORT NARRATIVE ABOUT YOUR CHARACTER. THIS IS TO REALLY LET ME SEE JUST HOW YOU PORTRAY THE CHARACTER IN YOUR MIND AND READ THE MOST UP TO DATE SAMPLE I CAN. THIS WILL ALSO HELP ME GET A GOOD FEEL FOR YOUR CHARACTER. FEEL FREE TO WRITE ABOUT ANY EVENT. CHILDHOOD, LIFE IN THE VAULT, A STRUGGLE WITH A CREATURE, THOUGHTS ABOUT PAST, ETC. GET CREATIVE WITH IT. I WOULD LIKE AT LEAST THREE PARAGRAPHS--NO LESS, BUT IF YOU WANT TO WRITE MORE, GO FOR IT.

So just send me a message including all of the above. Once I have a few interested parties, I'll begin the decision process. If I choose you, I'll send you a message to let you know. When everyone is chosen, I'll close this recruitment thread. If you have any questions, just leave a comment and I will try to answer it as quickly as I can. Hope to see you on the surface! Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Quick question though, will it be a certain Fallout in Particular?

Or is it a compilation of them

(certain weapons and such)

And will only Vault raised have Pip-boys? Or are Wastelanders allowed as well?

Riven said:
Quick question though, will it be a certain Fallout in Particular?
Or is it a compilation of them

(certain weapons and such)

And will only Vault raised have Pip-boys? Or are Wastelanders allowed as well?
The surroundings will be all based off fallout 3, so there will be places like megaton, rivetcity, and bigtown. However, if there is a weapon from one of the other games you would like to use, then feel free to bring it in. My only rule is please, be sensible with it. Don't just give a character a missile launcher when they're starting out. They can pick one up later, but unless they are a member of the brotherhood of steel, or enclave, they should probably only start out with basic guns. So, you are allowed to bring games across generations within reason.

As for your pip-boy question; yes, only vault raised may have pip-boys, unless there is a special circumstance in your character's background. If they found a broken pip-boy and fixed it up, they may have one. If they killed a person who had one and picked it up, they can have one. If they buy one from a black market seller, or have one because they are a runaway from a vault, they may have one. If a situation like this is to be used, please be sure to let me know. I would recommend including the info in your character background.

I hope I answered your questions in a satisfactory manner. :)

PhoenixEye9 said:
Also other question are mutants allowed as characters?
Yes and no. I would allow supermutants or gouls to be player characters--as outlined in the recruitment--however, I would need to think about it. The problem with having a mutant is that the other human characters would realistically try to kill the mutant when they first meet. There would need to be some adaptation done. If your character is a mutant then by all means apply. I would just have to discuss with you about the character over PM to iron things out.

Hope this helped.

Riven said:
I plan on making mine an Ex-member of a Vault, now living in the Wastes
Yes. In that case, they can have a pip-boy. For realism's sake, however, it would probably be a bit worn out, unless your character has some mechanic abilities. Of course, it also depends on how long your character has been in the wastes. If you apply, I'll go more into this, but for now, don't worry about it too much.

Talk to ya soon!

zach10arrow said:
I loved the fallout series ive played new vegas and fallout 3 so im intersted if possible for me to join
It is still very possible. I have not yet made any decisions on the final group so go ahead and submit an application if you would like.

alright i will do that and riven i 100% agree with that btw im kinda newbiesh with this but not to terrible bad but i have no idea what you mean by submit a application lol js

Greg2344 said:
Can I join! I love the fallout series so much, especially fallout3!
You can certainly apply. Just follow the directions on my initial post and PM me the information.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back