• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Falling. Fading Away

She frowned a little and nodded, "What time you gotta pick up Eden again?" She asked him frowning some, just picking at her hoodie sleeves and trying to keep calm as they got closer to the house. The past week or so she'd been starting to remember what happened and it was making h er nervous about what it was gonna be like being in the house again.

He smiled at her a little sadly "Honey... I mean... We can hope...." He murmured, squeezing her hand again "I didn't watch the wrestling so I could save it for you." He murmured, nodding towards his laptop on the side table.

Noah gave a small frown noticing how she was getting nervous "I have to get her at three." He murmured before he started to hum along to the radio quietly.

Max smiled some and kissed his cheek "Oh thank you, I've been wanting to watch all day." She murmured before pulling up the episode on the laptop and starting it.

He ended up falling asleep only fifteen minutes into the episode and leaning up against her getting to a point where he was struggling even in his sleep, his nurse popping in to check on him not long after, checking over everything and smiled at his wife "How are you doing with everything?" She asked her

Carmen frowned but nodded, "He's definitely in custody isn't he?" She asked him, glancing at the time and realising he would only have an hour at home before he would need to go. "You got work to do?" She asked, playing with his fingers a little as they pulled into their driveway

Max gave a small smile at his nurse as she came in "I'm hanging in as well as I can." She admitted to her with a small sigh "I just want to get us home atleast."

Noah nodded and gave her hand an assuring squeeze "Yeah he is in custody. I check the prisoner roster daily." He murmured before kissing her knuckles gently "No work today, I'm not doing much until you're getting around on your own."

She smiled a little "You wanna just do me a smoothie then and come lay with me? Or... Hear me out... you do your workouts in our bedroom so I can just watch." She smiled at him some as he rolled his eyes "Just a suggestion." She told him.

She nodded and smiled "Should only be a couple more days before you can head home, he has his treatment at two by the way so if you can it would be a good idea to have him up a little before that." She told her and left them to it again.

Noah chuckled as he pulled into the driveway and gave a small nod "Yeah I can do that for you." He murmured before shutting the car off "You want to wait a minute? I rearranged somethings....so that its not exactly the same."

Max nodded and noted the time on the clock "I'll make sure to get him up." She said softly before going back to watching her show when she left.

She shook her head and sighed "No... I need to lay down real soon anyway." She told him, getting out carefully and shuffled up to their front door, smiling when she heard the cats on the other side "Oh my babies." She smiled, walking in with him and looking around sighing a little as she stared directly at the kitchen, flinching when she felt his hand on her hip before mumbling apologies and let him lead her to their bedroom downstairs now.

He woke up with a start when it was time and looked up at her frowning until she explained what was going on and just nodded, "Can you.... Can you stay? Please?" He asked her as she hadn't stayed once yet mostly because she'd had the kids but he knew she was finding it difficult anyway. But as much as he understood, he needed her company as well

Noah helped her to the room smiling as the cats immediately followed her "Oh they have missed you for sure." He murmured kissing her temple watching as they jumped on the bed to cuddle her once she was laying down.

Max took a deep breath and gave a small nod "Alright....I'll stay with you." She said quietly before giving him a small smile

She smiled and carefully cuddled them close "Oh my little fluff balls." She murmured, watching Noah tiredly "You didn't tell her yet did you that I'm home today?" She asked him, getting comfy then reached for him

He thannked her quietly and sighed a little, giving her hand a squeeze while they waited, "Was the show good?" He asked her quietly, "Oh I gotta... Gotta call the lawyer when we get home." He told her quietly.

Noah shook his head and gave a small smile "No, I wanted to surprise her." He told her as he got into his comfy clothes "Right, what do you want in that smoothie?"

Max nodded a bit "Yeah it was a good show, why do you need the lawyer?" She asked softly

she sighed and shrugged a little. “Surprise me.” She told him quietly not appreciating that she was having to change her diet so much right now because of the damage he’d done.

He frowned. “To make arrangements.” He told her quietly. “I know that’s not what you wanna hear honey but I should probably be prepared.”

Noah gave her a small salute before handing her the TV remote and went to make her smoothie. He was back up there a good thirty minutes later and smiling some just happy to see her in their bed again "Oh I brought up your switch too, made sure its fully charged so you can play whatever game you'd like."

Max frowned deeply and gave a small nod "Right..." she whispered taking a shaly breath and squeezing his hand gently.

She pouted over at him and nodded, reaching for him, "I ever tell you that I love you? You know when I knew that I loved you? When I called you crying cause Dad was getting married again even though she was a bitch to me and you and Nick were meant to be playing a show but you showed up to the wedding both of you.... But you were dating that cow Vanessa.... God she was a piece of work and if I ever get my hands on her." She smiled up at him, "Then that first week after you broke up and you were calling me every night. Still don't know how you paid that phone bill." She smiled, reaching up for him to join her for a little bit before he had to get up to go get Eden.

He frowned about to say something else when they came in to set him up and within about fifteen minutes he'd gone silent, clutching the trash can close to him while he tried to hold it in, feeling her fingers through his hair was the only thing soothing him. "I love you." He told her quietly

Noah smiled widely and held her close to him "I knew I loved you when you wouldn't pick us up off the freeway because you had a date with that douchebag. Realized I wanted to be the douche bag you ditched friends for." He said giving a small laugh.

Max ran her fingers gently through his hair giving a small sigh "I love you too handsome, let it out if you need to okay? Its okay." She murmured gently to him.

She smiled and shook her head. “I remembering telling you both that if you guys kept driving around in that beat up piece of junk that you were gonna break down and you both told me to shut it…. God I remember how angry he was too when he realised I had been on the phone with Nick.” She sighed, pulling her phone out and looking back through some old photos, smiling at the one she had of him sat on the hood of her car. “God we were young. I know we are still but we were babies.” She sighed a little, having a bit of nostalgia with him until he had to go get Eden, using that time to take a nap.

He frowned and shook his head a little but was soon throwing up into the bucket, just leaning back once he was done and closed his eyes, trying to hold back the tears.

Noah went through old photos happily with her just wanting her aa relaxed as possible. By the time it was ready for him to get Eden he had her on the phone even though she wasn't talking, still scared to leave her alone. He smiled as he pulled up seeing Eden waiting with the other kids.

Max sat by his side the entire time either running her hand through his hair or holding his hand. By the end of it she was helping him get comfortable again giving a small sigh.

He frowned a little as he watched her, too worn out to say anything now until he fell asleep, his nurse starting to finish up her checks. “He’ll probably be out the rest of the night now. It always wipes them out…. Have you um, did they give you the link to the support groups for spouses?” She asked her.

She was chatting to one girl until she saw her dad get out the car and bounced in place until he got to her and ran up, reaching to be picked up, cuddling him tightly. “Can we go home now?” She asked him frowning a little. With everyone else having started a couple months ago she was finding it a lot harder than them and hadn’t had a great first day.

Max gave a small nod and sighed heavily "Yes I um...I found one near our home." She said quietly as she pushed some hair from his face "I'm going to loose him aren't I?" She whispered

Noah hugged her tightly and gave a small nod "Let me talk to your teacher first princess." He murmured as he picked her up and went towards her teacher "Hi, I just wanted to ask how her first day went?"

She smiled over at him and nodded. “She did real good. Her reading is excellent. Very distracted but I know you said that it’s something you guys are looking into anyway. But I think it might take a minute for her to settle in is all. Some of the kids take just a day and some take a little longer but we will get her there.” She told him and waved as they left.

She frowned and didn’t respond for a minute, slowly nodding to her and left then to privacy.

Noah nodded and gave a small smile "Oh good, thank you." He murmured before taking Eden to the car "I got a surprise for you at home." He said happily as he got her buckled into her car seat.

Max held him for a little while until she finally decided to go home and see the kids leaving him a note.

She yawned a bit and held onto him until he stepped away “what surprise?” She asked. “Did we get a puppy?!” She’d been on that one for a couple weeks now after meeting Jolly’s new dog.

His mom smiled as she stepped through the front door. “Hey, Rory’s just gone to bed. How was he today?” She asked her, pouring max a glass of wine and handing it over “I made spaghetti bolognese and left you some in the fridge you want me to heat it up?” She asked her.

Noah chuckled some "No not a puppy, but you gotta just be a little quiet when we get home okay?" He told her before he started off back home. He smiled a bit as they got home and he took her up to their room knocking gently on the door to see if Carmen was up again.

Max took the wine and gave a small nod "That would be great." She murmured before taking a shaky breath "He....it was so bad.." she whispered before breaking down and sobbing "He was so sick during the treatment, I couldn't help him and he was just so weak.."

She frowned and swallowed a little. “I know he gets some results tomorrow so I'll stay with the kids again or if you wanna just take Iris?" She suggested, heating up her food "Yesterday wasn't great. He slept most of the day and when he was up he was very confused." She told her

Carmen grumbled a little having just woken up but smiled when the door opened and she saw Eden looking much scruffier than what she had when they facetimed her that morning before school "Oh there she is my big girl." She cooed, trying to sit up and reach for her, smiling as she saw her get really excited

Max gave a small nod and wiped her eyes "Yeah I might take Iris, I think he would like to see her." She whispered sipping at her wine "They said he should be good to go home in a few days thankfully. He wants to talk to a lawyer when we get home."

Noah smiled as she scrambled out of his arms and went to cuddle Carmen "You wanna tell us about your day princess? All the fun stuff you got to do?"

Carmen smiled and let her cuddle as much as she could, "Oh did you have a good first day?" She asked her, watching her nod and took her braids out gently for her so she could get her hair tied up in a ponytail instead "Daddy did a good job on your hair didn't he?" She murmured, watching Noah step out when his phone went off. "Did you make any friends today?" She asked her, hoping she would have an easier time at school than either of them had had.

She nodded "Probably wants to make sure you guys still get the royalties and whatnot." She told her. "I'm gonna head to bed but shout if you need me." She told her, hugging her tightly and headed up to the guest room she was staying in

Users who are viewing this thread

Back