• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Falling. Fading Away

Max glared at him and shook her head before taking the baby monitor from him and slamming his door shut. She went to check on Iris when she was up again sighing heavily as she held her "We gotta get this fixed baby girl." She whispered

Noah wrapped his arms around Eden and spun her around happily "Eden!!" He exclaimed before kissing all over her face "Oh I missed you princess." He said softly before standing up "You ready for dinner? Where are we gonna go?"

She nodded and giggled, holding onto him tightly. “Daddy uncle jolly got scared by the lions.” She told him. “Is mommy home yet?” She asked him like she did every time, “I want pizza.” She told him, not letting him put her down.

Ricky spent the rest of the day holed up in his study, having dinner with them and washed the dishes up, saying goodnight to Rory and iris but didn’t speak to max until they were getting into bed, about to talk when she launched into a tirade at him.

Noah chuckled some "Did he? I bet that was funny to see." He murmured as they walked towards the house "Not yet baby, but she woke up today and hopefully she'll be able to see you once she is feeling better." He explained before kissing her cheek "Pizza huh? We can definitely do that."

Max looked over at him as he got into bed "Oh now you want to talk? Now is a good time for us?! You have literally not said a word to your son since this morning! He thinks you hate him now!" She spat before shaking her head

He rolled his eyes and got out of bed "I'm not doing this. I've spent the day doing some fucking important ass shit for our family and I've got a whole fucking day with him tomorrow. I was gonna use tomorrow to talk to him. But you wanna continue this? Go ahead, I'll just go sleep on the couch." He muttered, shaking his head, grabbing his pillow and a couple blankets out the closet but froze when he heard the word divorce.

She frowned "But I wanna see her now!" She whined, "No Daddy the car is that way!" She told him loudly, grumbling as she waited for him to talk to Nick, making him put her down so she could go play with the cats until he was finally ready and she walked out with him to the car "Daddy can I have lemonade tonight?" She asked

Noah smiled some and nodded "If you promise to go to sleep good for Uncle Nick tonight then yes." He said as he got her buckled up in the car. When they finally got to the restaurant he sat with her and smiled some "Here let me take a photo to show Mommy how big you are." He murmured while pulling his phone out.

Max frowned deeply and shook her head some "And yet you always go back to treating him the same." She spat scoffing as he got his things to leave the room "Should divorce be on the table to get through to you?" She muttered

HE tensed and shook his head "We're leaving at 6:30 tomorrow so I won't wake you. We'll be late home." He muttered, "Don't worry about sorting us dinner." He told her and walked out without another word, going to sleep on the couch.

She gave him a big cheesy grin and made him pass her his phone so she could take a photo of him too "Daddy when does baby brother get to come home?" She asked him. "I wanna see him." She told him pouting a little.

Max frowned deeply and layed down "Fine." She muttered before trying to fall asleep.

Noah gave her a smile to take a photo of him. "Well its still going to be a bit for him. But you'll be able to see him soon." He told her as he took his phone back. "Here you want to see a photo of him?"

She nodded and got up, going to his side of the booth to look at it "I wanna see! Daddy can you call him Tommy?" She asked "Like the little animal in my game I play with uncle Nick." She told him.

He got up extra early and got Rory up, helping guide him through getting ready while still being half asleep "It's alright bud you can sleep in the car." He promised, ruffling his hair a little, getting him his bag stuffed with a couple toys and his blanket and teddy for the car, "We're gonna pick up uncle Vinny first alright?" He reminded him while he carried him out to the car, feeling a little tight again but he was sure trhat for once it was just the stress of the fight yesterday he'd had with Max.

Noah chuckled and shook his head "No, his name is Keaton remember?" He explained to her. By the late evening he was bringing her back to Nick very tired out "Took her to the park after dinner, she should be out for the night." He murmured as he got inside and went to put her where she had been sleeping.

Vinny got into the car and groaned some "Please tell me you got coffee." He whined frowning though when he saw how he looked "Dude you alright? You need me to drive?"

He shook his head and sighed, glancing back and noticing Rory was awake but quiet with his tablet in the back seat "I'm fine, I'll tell you later. We got listening ears." He mumbled, "Your coffee is in your cup holder." He told him, "Just had a long night is all... So I'm gonna pick up what I can but then I'll have to come back up in a couple weeks to grab anything else that's mine cause I'm gonna have to let Chris know what you guys are gonna need to buy to replace it." He told him, sighing a little as they hit the road

Nick nodded and smiled, waiting til he came back down, "Have you told Carm about how KEaton's doing?" He asked him curiously, not sure it would be the best idea if she was still a little fragile.

Vinnie frowned a bit but nodded and started to drink his coffee. Once they were at the warehouse he helped get Rory out "Have you talked to Max about all of this?"

Noah gave a small sigh and shook his head some "I've told her he is getting stronger each day, but not gone into detail. She needs to be better rested before that." He murmured

He shook his head and sighed a little, "Bud you want your sandwich or your fruit snacks first?" He asked Rory, wanting to try and keep him occupied. "I was going to but we had an argument.... Divorce was mentioned." He muttered, shaking his head a little and sighed as Vinny's phone rang, nodding when he excused himself and just went to get Rory set up with his coloring books and a snack while Ricky started on some packing, trying to just push through how weird he felt until his vision started going blurry and he dropped to his knees with barely any warning

He nodded and yawned a little "Probably for the best." He mumbled, stretching out a little "Alright, shoot me a text when we can bring Eden down to see her." HE told him and walked him out so he could lock up behind him, heading up to get an early night with Nadine

Rory went wide eyed when he saw his Dad collapse on the ground "Daddy?" He asked quietly before shakimg him some "Daddy?! Daddy wake up! Wake up!" He yelled before he started to cry just shaking him trying to get a response. He sobbed as he sat by him until Vinnie came in from his phone call and rushed to his side "Uncle Vinny! Daddy's not waking up!!"

Noah nodded and went back to the hospital to try and get some sleep. He woke up the next morning and gave a small smile seeing Carmen starting to wake up "Hey beautiful, how are you feeling?"

She frowned over at him and grumbled a little, “when can I see Keaton?” She asked him quietly, reaching for him a little and starting already to get impatient about meeting her son. “And Eden? I want my little girl.” She told him, woken up grumpy in the same way Eden always did even though she denied to high heaven that Eden had got it from her.

Vinny frowned and looked over seeing Rick on the floor, quickly pulling his phone back out to call for an ambulance, going over to make sure he was still breathing at least, following their instructions until they got there and he picked up Rory to move him away and try to soothe him, calling max immediately and frowning, having to turn Rory in the opposite direction while they were bringing ricky out. “Hey, hey shit, he collapsed. I don’t know what happened, I was outside on a call and I came back and he was on the floor and Rory said he wasnt waking up… you gotta get up here. It’s…. This one was bad max. I know you two are fighting but he needs you right now.” He told her frowning. “EMTs think it might be a stroke.” He explained.

Noah gave a small smile to her "Well I can call Nick to bring Eden up for sure. We'll need to talk to the nurses about Keaton though." He explained giving a sigh. "Listen babe....Keaton he, he's had some health struggles since coming out. He's had to have a few surgeries but he's pulled through them." He explained quietly to her.

Max had been up for a while by that point, thinking over everything that had been said yesterday. She picked up her phone when she saw Vinnie's name flash across it thinking it was just Rory wanting to talk. She frowned though when she listened to him "Oh god.....okay I'll be there as soon as possible." She said before hanging up and getting Iris ready to go. By the time she got to the hospital Vinnie and Rory were already in a room to themselves but Ricky was nowhere to be found "Where is he?" She asked worriedly hugging Rory tight to her as he ran to her legs.

He frowned and rubbed at his face. “They haven’t brought him back yet but they said they’d be bringing him into this room…. I uh …. It’s not good.” He told her trying to be tactful but he’d seen the state of him when they’d brought him past at one point. “Said they were running tests.” He told her.

She frowned and tried to sit up a little more but couldn’t. “What kind of problems?” She mumbled. “Can we hold him?” She asked worried, “here, phone.” She told him reaching for his phone wanting to call Nick herself and tell him ti get his butt down there so she could see eden

Max took a deep breath and locked Iris' stroller in place giving a small nod "Right...thank you for bringing him." She said softly before moving to sit down with Rory. She sighed heavily thankful that he fell asleep as soon as they were sat down and he was cuddled next to her "We had a fight....and the last thing I said to him was 'Should divorce be on the table to get through to you'." She whispered before crying softly.

Noah shook his head some "Not yet, but they said soon." He murmured before pulling out his phone to call Nick and chuckling as she took it from him.

He frowned and sighed a little, tying his hair back and contemplated for a minute before telling her. “Chris fired him day before yesterday. That’s why we came up here. To grab the stuff that’s specifically his.” He told her. “I know he hasn’t told you yet cause he was trying to make sure you all had something sorted and he could tell you without you stressing.” He explained. “He can’t hardly play anymore.”

She smiled a little when he answered. “Hey, bring my kid up here. Please.” She smiled, squeezing Noah’s hand but there still wasn’t much grip in it.

Max frowned deeply and gave a heavy sigh "He never....he said he was doing better with his playing." She said quietly and shook her head some "I get he means well, but he has got to stop lying to me about his health. I need to know exactly how he is doing.."

Noah squeezed her hand back and smiled softly as she hung up "She's going to be so excited to see you." He murmured before gathering the cards and drawings Eden had done for her "She made all these for you too."

She hickory shut her eye and frowned. “Noah. I’m blind. I can’t see thise. She’ll want to show me.” She told him, smiling when he chuckled and looked at him once he put them down. “Mmm I think they’re gonna come in and do some tests in a little bit, come here.” She mumbled trying to get him closer again.

He just nodded slowly but said nothing as they were starting to bring him in and Vinny stood up, inhaling sharply at how bad he looked, going with max to step out of the room and talk to this doctor.

Noah cuddled up to her as much as he could and sighed softly "We're going to get you out of here as soon as possible." He said softly to her just closing his eyes for a moment and letting a few tears fall "I knew you'd wake up...I knew it." He whispered to himself.

Max couldn't help but let out an audible gasp when she saw the state of him. She followed Vinny out and took a deep breath "So what....whats happened?" She asked the doctor quietly.

She frowned a little and leaned up into him, “hey… I’m here….. did they… is he gone?” She asked him quietly. “Cause if not, I’m not ever going back in that house.”

He shook his head a little “First off I’d like to tell you how shocked I am that this hasn’t been picked up sooner because it should have been. There is zero reason for it to have got to this point. But he’s had a small stroke… were you at all aware, either you or your husband that he very likely has lung cancer?” He asked her

Noah nodded some and sighed "Yes he is behind bars, your dad helped with that." He muttered before giving a heavy sigh "Listen if, if you want to look for a new house we can. I don't mind." He murmured

Max was in complete shock when she heard what they had said "Cancer? No....no you must be mistaken. The doctors have all been telling us that he is fine, its just stress! How...how do you know it might be cancer?" She asked worriedly holding Vinnie's hand now for support.

He frowned and shook his head. “Because when we did the MRI it showed up and also his blood tests are coming back looking positive for cancer. But we still will need to do a biopsy to confirm…. How long has this been going on now?” He asked her, shaking his head when she said over a year. “You should contact a lawyer.” He told her. “There are more tests we need to run before we can give you a full confirmation but right now, I would suggest going and sitting with him. We think the long term damage has been minimal but he is struggling to move his left side right now.” He explained, leaving them to it after promising he’d be back when he had more answers.

She frowned. “Right now I don’t remember…. But I’m not worried about it at the moment…. Noah…. Are you looking after yourself?” She asked him but they got interrupted before he could answer with the sound of Eden running into the room

Max looked at Vinnie in shock unable to say anything. She slowly went back inside the room and took a shaky breath as she sat down "How....how could they not see this?" She asked quietly taking a deep breath "How are we supposed to go about lawyers with this? God Vinnie what are we going to do?"

Noah gave a small sigh knowing she was going to ask that eventually. He let out a sigh of relief though when he heard Eden's voice ring down the hall and soon into the room "Careful princess, careful!" He chuckled as she scrambled onto the bed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back