• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fairy Tail RP: Genon, Salt Lord, and Britt-21 (IC)

Adrian slept the whole train ride back to Magnolia. The green-garbed wizard was dozing peacefully as the train barreled its way through the dark Fiore night. He woke up to someone brushing his arm as the train drifted into the Magnolia station. Looking out the window and realizing it was his stop, he scrambled to gather his things and emerged from the station a little bit ruffled, but overall in a happy mood. He had kicked ass, saved lives, and now just he needed to go to the guild hall and grab his paycheck now. However, his house was on the way to the Fairy Tail guild hall, and as he neared the apartment building where he lived, he came across a suspicious sight. The door, normally made of magic-resistant metal and protected with a keypad, was broken down, as if by a sledgehammer. His paycheck temporarily forgotten, he dashed into the house, climbing the stairs to the third-floor landing in record time, slowing to a halt, and cautiously stepping into his similarly-broken front doorway.

The apartment was ransacked. Drawers pulled out of their stacks, his bookcase (thankfully not the valuable one) lying flat on the floor, the works. But Adrian had nothing of value besides the rare magical texts he collected...nothing else except.... Oh, no. OH GOD NO, Adrian thought to himself as he scurried to the safe where he kept his truly valuable items. Adrian had spared no expense on keeping his most prized possession secure. The custom safe was a bulky magic-resistant metal box, embedded in a niche for a wall safe that came with the apartment, engraved with enchanting text designed to ensure that no-one could break in with magic, lockpicking, or physical force.

And yet, to the wizard's horror, someone had actually gotten in. Strangely, the other valuables in the safe were still present, but the one thing that mattered to Adrian the most was gone. His little sister's key, entrusted to him after an accident turned her into a Celestial Spirit. Happy thoughts of an imminent payday were cleared from his mind as the Arcane Wizard rushed to the guild hall. He didn't know much, just that someone who was skilled in breaking enchantments had broken into his house and stolen the key he valued so dearly. He couldn't recover it alone. He needed someone who was powerful, reliable, and would help him without question. And he knew just the person.

@Salt Lord

Adrian headed to the roof, where a certain pink-haired wizard could usually be found on nights like this due to his lack of physical needs. He sat down next to the wizard in question, his legs dangling off the roof, and said, "Hey, Alfie? I need your help. This is urgent."

Last edited by a moderator:
Alfie had been sitting on the roof of the Fairy Tail Guild Hall doing absolutely nothing except observing his own Heart Stone as it shone in the moonlight. What a self-centered prick, right? "So close, and yet so far..." the ribbon mage mumbled dramatically to himself, realizing that even with the festival in months to come, he might not be able to completely fill his quota of positive energy before... "Hey, Alfie? I need your help. This is urgent," came a familiar voice from behind, and as Alfie looked around to see who needed his help so badly, it was Adrian. Sighing, the pink haired mage dropped his Heart Stone into his pocket before standing up. "And what might you need my help with?"

[QUOTE="Salt Lord]Alfie had been sitting on the roof of the Fairy Tail Guild Hall doing absolutely nothing except observing his own Heart Stone as it shone in the sunlight. What a self-centered prick, right? "So close, and yet so far..." the ribbon mage mumbled dramatically to himself, realizing that even with the festival in months to come, he might not be able to completely fill his quota of positive energy before... "Hey, Alfie? I need your help. This is urgent," came a familiar voice from behind, and as Alfie looked around to see who needed his help so badly, it was Adrian. Sighing, the pink haired mage dropped his Heart Stone into his pocket before standing up. "And what might you need my help with?"

[/QUOTE]
"It's...rather weird, and requires a bit of context, so bear with me on this one. When I was first studying Arcane Magic, my sister secretly used my spellbooks to teach herself the magic without my knowledge. Now arcane particles do all sorts of weird things to you if you can't control them properly, and many beginners fall victim to magical mutations. In Charlotte's case, she made herself into a Celestial Spirit on accident, and had to leave for the Celestial Realm before her life force depleted. I used Chaotic Mimicry to keep in contact with her, but after we got into a nasty fight, she suddenly went silent. I couldn't summon her with her key no matter what. This went on for months until I ended up putting the key away for good. I kept the key hidden and secured in my house, but today I was walking to the guild hall to fill out the mission completion form--my house is on the way--when I found that someone broke in, ransacked my home, got past the enchantments on the safe, and stole the key. They didn't make off with anything else. In effect, they kidnapped my sister. I need your help to find out who did this, and hopefully we'll find Charlotte there too."

"Are you willing to help me?" Adrian said as he stuck out his hand for Alfie to shake.

That seemed like a rather... unlikely predicament that didn't relate to Alfie himself whatsoever. But no matter how badly he had wanted to, he couldn't say no, and as a result, was only able to shake Adrian's hand in agreement to helping him. "I suppose since I really have nothing much better to do. Do you have any ideas on who would want to steal your sister?"

[QUOTE="Salt Lord]That seemed like a rather... unlikely predicament that didn't relate to Alfie himself whatsoever. But no matter how badly he had wanted to, he couldn't say no, and as a result, was only able to shake Adrian's hand in agreement to helping him. "I suppose since I really have nothing much better to do. Do you have any ideas on who would want to steal your sister?"

[/QUOTE]
"Well, I would suspect someone who wanted her abilities for their own. She can use her own magic power to multiply the magic reserves of her partner, which is extremely useful for both guild wizards and magical researchers. It's kind of odd that they broke in to get the key she gave me when there were probably other, more legal ways of getting one of those keys, but I would suspect a dark mage of some kind. I don't have any leads right now, but I would appreciate it if you kept your ear to the ground. More importantly, I've heard that you can manipulate time somewhat. Is it possible for you to take us back to the robbery so we can see the crime as it happened?"

Alfie shook his head slowly. The only person he knew who could do that had descended a long time ago, and while he was able to stop time, it was a very rare occurrence. "I'm sorry, but even when I am able to control time, I only have the ability to stop it. But I may be able to collect some of the atoms the criminal's shoes left and materialize them into what they were a part of, then determine who wears shoes of such a material."

[QUOTE="Salt Lord]Alfie shook his head slowly. The only person he knew who could do that had descended a long time ago, and while he was able to stop time, it was a very rare occurrence. "I'm sorry, but even when I am able to control time, I only have the ability to stop it. But I may be able to collect some of the atoms the criminal's shoes left and materialize them into what they were a part of, then determine who wears shoes of such a material."

[/QUOTE]
"Actually, that's a pretty good idea. With any luck, the crime scene is still fresh. I think it would be a smart idea to begin investigating as soon as possible." Adrian said as he stood up and began walking to the stairs that led to the lower floors. Then, after he had walked ten paces, he stopped and turned around. "Unless you want to wait until morning."

Alfie, not needing to walk anywhere, would appear in Adrian's sight as he turned around. "We should go now before said particles begin to break up and get moved away... or something of the sort. Sooner is better, if you want my honest opinion."

[QUOTE="Salt Lord]Alfie, not needing to walk anywhere, would appear in Adrian's sight as he turned around. "We should go now before said particles begin to break up and get moved away... or something of the sort. Sooner is better, if you want my honest opinion."

[/QUOTE]
Adrian smirked. "Exactly. Now we should probably get a move on before that happens." A 15-minute walk later, and the two were in front of Adrian's apartment building. Adrian led Alfie in, walking through the smashed doorway, and they emerged into the ransacked dwelling. "Well, I suppose we should get to work. I'd say right in front of the wall safe would be a good place to start."

Alfie nodded as he looked over to the open safe. Everything seemed slightly messy... but maybe that was the mage's inner maid thinking for him. When the man lowered to the ground, he took his Heart Stone from his vest and began hovering it over the floor in his hand, picking up leftover particles. There was a lot to sort through, but it wouldn't be too difficult to sort common floor particles from shoe particles... right? "I'll have the particles determined by tomorrow, hopefully."

[QUOTE="Salt Lord]Alfie nodded as he looked over to the open safe. Everything seemed slightly messy... but maybe that was the mage's inner maid thinking for him. When the man lowered to the ground, he took his Heart Stone from his vest and began hovering it over the floor in his hand, picking up leftover particles. There was a lot to sort through, but it wouldn't be too difficult to sort common floor particles from shoe particles... right? "I'll have the particles determined by tomorrow, hopefully."

[/QUOTE]
*in Fairy Tail narrator voice* One timeskip and a tense conversation with Adrian's landlord later, Adrian and Alfie meet in the Fairy Tail guild hall around noon to discuss Alfie's findings.

"So, do we have a potential culprit or is there anything else we need to do?" Adrian asked, eating eggs and bacon from the nearby guild kitchens.

"Whomever stole your sister had an incredibly strong sense of fashion. Those boots were a really expensive pair. A useless piece of trivia: they're sold at the same store in which one of the mages of Fairy Tail gets their underwear." Alfie took a sip of orange juice before speaking again. "Don't ask how I know that."

[QUOTE="Salt Lord]
"Whomever stole your sister had an incredibly strong sense of fashion. Those boots were a really expensive pair. A useless piece of trivia: they're sold at the same store in which one of the mages of Fairy Tail gets their underwear." Alfie took a sip of orange juice before speaking again. "Don't ask how I know that."

[/QUOTE]
"Well, that gets us no closer to finding our thief. I suppose, though, that we would narrow it down to Celestial Wizards with a sense of fashion. Presumably, if they were going to such great pains to get the key, they were going to either make a contract with it or sell it. If it's the latter, then finding it is nearly impossible. However, I do think there's a way around it. There's only 89 Celestial Spirits that we know of, right? I'd say talk to one of our Celestial Wizards and have them summon up a spirit to talk to. One of them is bound to know something."

Alfie tipped his glass to Adrian before taking another drink. "Or that. How many celestial wizards do we know?" he asked, not ever taking the time to know who could do what but knowing what they were doing when he wanted to. How did that work...?

Lavender had been sitting in the Guild Hall this whole time as Alfie and Adrian had been talking about Celestial Spirits and Celestial users. Bringing her cup to her lips, she took a sip of her hot tea before placing it back down and Raising to her feet and turning to the boys, making her way over to their table "Sir Alfie, Have you already forgotten that I am a Celestial Wizard? I very much apologize and know that it is not lady like of me, but I could not help but overhear you are both are in need of a Celestial Wizard?" her golden eyes moved from Alfie to Adrian with a soft and short bow of greeting. This woman was Lavender Gray, A part Celestial Wizard, Part Script magic user as well as a Requipper. Most people thought she was crazy to pick three different things but she had only been expanding her options to the best of her abilities.

[QUOTE="Britt-21]Lavender had been sitting in the Guild Hall this whole time as Alfie and Adrian had been talking about Celestial Spirits and Celestial users. Bringing her cup to her lips, she took a sip of her hot tea before placing it back down and Raising to her feet and turning to the boys, making her way over to their table "Sir Alfie, Have you already forgotten that I am a Celestial Wizard? I very much apologize and know that it is not lady like of me, but I could not help but overhear you are both are in need of a Celestial Wizard?" her golden eyes moved from Alfie to Adrian with a soft and short bow of greeting. This woman was Lavender Gray, A part Celestial Wizard, Part Script magic user as well as a Requipper. Most people thought she was crazy to pick three different things but she had only been expanding her options to the best of her abilities.

[/QUOTE]
Adrian put down his coffee and turning his head to the newcomer, said, "Ah, Lavender. I was just about to suggest we go to you. I'm just going to get to the point: My little sister Charlotte accidentally made herself into a Celestial Spirit years ago while trying to teach herself Arcane Magic, and now someone's broken into my house and stolen her key. Since there's only 89 Celestial Spirits counting my sister, I figured that one of them is bound to know something about her whereabouts. Can you ask the spirits you're contracted with where to find Novicius, the Novice?"

Alfie was slightly startled by Lavender's sudden voice, but he was sure not to show it, as he simply looked over at her with a passive smile. The mage would nod at everything Adrian had said to her. He himself would have asked her to summon one of her spirits had his friend not done it before he could, leaving him to sit silently and sip his orange juice.

Lavender began to smile as Adrian greeted her before he told her what had been going on. Slowly, her smile vanished "Your younger sibling has been turned into a Celestial Spirit? Oh dear...I've never heard of something like this before." it must have been upsetting to know that his sister was no longer human but now a Celestial Spirit who was at anyone's disposal. Knowing that someone had broken into Adrian's house and took the key that was connected to her was far worse "I will be glad to help you find your sister, Adrian." Taking the small pouch that had been hanging on her waist, she opened it and revealed three keys. One of which she took off the ring "I shall ask Hercules first." Lavender said "Open," she pointed her key at an open spot "Gate of the Nemean Lion Slayer, Hercules." with a doorbell ring and a flash of light, a large man with just a roman skirt and leather sandals had appeared.

"Hello Lady Lavender." Hercules said

(Lets get the boy's reactions in, shall we? xD )

Alfie's jaw would have dropped to the ground had he not been able to control his body so well. Fortunately for him, vessels like his own weren't allowed the act in such ways as long as the Heart Stone forbid it. Instead, he'd only stare the muscular Roman down keeping that same patient smile on his face, the trailing of his eyes from the Celestial Spirit down so subtle even a mage with the sharpest of eyes would be unable to notice it. Hercules' muscles almost made Alfie wish that he himself could make his vessel get that buff... but y'know, unclear restrictions.

[QUOTE="Britt-21]Lavender began to smile as Adrian greeted her before he told her what had been going on. Slowly, her smile vanished "Your younger sibling has been turned into a Celestial Spirit? Oh dear...I've never heard of something like this before." it must have been upsetting to know that his sister was no longer human but now a Celestial Spirit who was at anyone's disposal. Knowing that someone had broken into Adrian's house and took the key that was connected to her was far worse "I will be glad to help you find your sister, Adrian." Taking the small pouch that had been hanging on her waist, she opened it and revealed three keys. One of which she took off the ring "I shall ask Hercules first." Lavender said "Open," she pointed her key at an open spot "Gate of the Nemean Lion Slayer, Hercules." with a doorbell ring and a flash of light, a large man with just a roman skirt and leather sandals had appeared.
"Hello Lady Lavender." Hercules said

(Lets get the boy's reactions in, shall we? xD )

[/QUOTE]
By Ankhseram, he earns his name a million times over! Adrian thought to himself, his eyes widening in surprise, as he looked Hercules up and down. Though I have to ask if he really killed all those mythical beasts wearing nothing but a Roman skirt...

Adrian managed to keep his composure, and said to the spirit in a pleasant tone, "Hello Hercules. I'm Adrian Bell." Then his tone became more serious, exposing his desperation. "I asked Lavender to summon you for a very important reason. Novicius, the newest Celestial Spirit, is my little sister who accidentally became a Celestial Spirit via arcane particle corruption. Someone broke into my house and stole her key, and now your partner, myself, and Alfie here are trying to find her. So, I have to ask, do you know of her whereabouts, or can you give us a clue or lead?"

Hercules smiled and bowed slightly to Adrian and Alfie. As he was asked about a girl named Novicius. Part of the Celestial Spirits "Novicius? I've never heard of that name actually. I dont think little girls would want to come near a massive man like myself." he admitted "Though, I'm sure that Pegasus would know something. Though, he cant exactly talk like us. He's an actual horse with wings. He has a mental connection with Miss Lavender, though he can listen to you. I will try my best to find your little sister though, Mr Bell." he said as he turned to Lavender "Shall I warn pegasus that he's going to be summoned?"

Lavender nodded softly "Please, do tell him. Though, I shall give you a few minutes to explain the situation to him before I summon him up." she smiled softly "Thank you for your help." then she had sent him back, looking at the boys "Well, we're going to wait a few minutes before I summon up Pegasus." putting Hercules's key back onto the ring, switching it for Pegasus "We will do all that we can to find your sister, sir Adrian."

Alfie would have to stop himself from throwing his hand out and shouting "Nooooo!" as that giant hunk of muscle and handsome would vanish back into his key... oh, well. There was nothing he could do. Aside from take the key for himself... no. That was theft, and that Hercules was probably the only one of his kind. Probably. Hopefully not. Alfie never studied up on Celestial Wizardry, so he could only wait in silence as of then.

[QUOTE="Britt-21]Hercules smiled and bowed slightly to Adrian and Alfie. As he was asked about a girl named Novicius. Part of the Celestial Spirits "Novicius? I've never heard of that name actually. I dont think little girls would want to come near a massive man like myself." he admitted "Though, I'm sure that Pegasus would know something. Though, he cant exactly talk like us. He's an actual horse with wings. He has a mental connection with Miss Lavender, though he can listen to you. I will try my best to find your little sister though, Mr Bell." he said as he turned to Lavender "Shall I warn pegasus that he's going to be summoned?"
Lavender nodded softly "Please, do tell him. Though, I shall give you a few minutes to explain the situation to him before I summon him up." she smiled softly "Thank you for your help." then she had sent him back, looking at the boys "Well, we're going to wait a few minutes before I summon up Pegasus." putting Hercules's key back onto the ring, switching it for Pegasus "We will do all that we can to find your sister, sir Adrian."

[/QUOTE]
"I see. Thank you for your time, Hercules," Adrian responded as Hercules said had never heard of Charlotte. He responded to Lavender by saying, "I really appreciate it, Lavender. You don't know how great it feels to be surrounded by people who will do their best to help a friend in need." He then patiently waited for Pegasus to be summoned.

"Well you have lost someone who shares the same blood as you. I would do anything with all my power to help you find her. Losing someone who shares the same blood is a horrible feeling. I just hope that she is okay and not in the wrong hands." pointing her key out towards the same open space that Hercules was standing at, she spoke "Open, Gate of the flying Horse, Pegasus." again, a doorbell had gone off and a flash of light went off, revealing a horse with wings standing. The horse huffed but then nuzzled Lavender who smiled "Hello Pegasus." Lavender said as the horse bumped his head lightly into hers, quietly talking with her. She spoke aloud as he gave the information "He has spoken to her many of times when she had been around. He actually began to notice that your sister had grew a liking to him. Though, she's been missing for longer periods of time. Last time Pegasus had seen her was after she went missing. Hasnt returned since.." her eyes moved to the boys as she petted the horse's muzzle "I am going to guess that the person who had taken her key is keeping her in Earthland more than letting her go back to the celestial world."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back