• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Fairy Tail AU, Original Characters?

MythyDW

Five Thousand Club
(Nothing canon beyond rules of the world will exist in this RP. All characters will be OC)

As the title says, I'm thinking of doing an RP based on and styled around Fairy Tail. The magic systems, laws, guilds, etc will all be as in Fairy Tail, but the guilds, characters, etc will all be original. Plot ideas are that the player characters will either be forming a guild of their own, and could progress into playing other characters depending on how the RP goes, or the player characters are all new arrivals or younger guild members who squad up for missions.

If you're interested or have any questions, please drop a post!​

OFC I'm interested, but I don't know if I'll be able to join right away

Now I can be wrong as I haven't seen a single episode of fairy tale, just heard about it offhand.

I know this is the anime where every one has a single magic power
As in fire bending
Conjuring thunder etc

And friendship can make one power up like goku turning into a glowstick

I can be up for that if you explain the rules of the world better than I interpreted it

OFC I'm interested, but I don't know if I'll be able to join right away
That's okay! Join when you can :)

Id be up for this
I'd be happy to have you!

Now I can be wrong as I haven't seen a single episode of fairy tale, just heard about it offhand.

I know this is the anime where every one has a single magic power
As in fire bending
Conjuring thunder etc

And friendship can make one power up like goku turning into a glowstick

I can be up for that if you explain the rules of the world better than I interpreted it
I only ever watched up to the seven year skip, but I'll do my best

Not everyone has magic. I'm not sure how rare magic is supposed to be but there's definitely plenty who don't have it. (And plenty who do)

Magic is less like bending as I believe every kind of magic uses a wizard's magic power to cast and sustain spells.

And it's more like a wizard has a single magical theme. Some examples from canon:
Natsu Dragneel - Fire Dragon Slayer magic - dragon slayer magic allows one to enhance their physical prowess with the element of their dragon. (Dragon slayer magic may change to be a bit more open for use in this AU)

Grey Fullbuster - Ice Make Magic - Make magic is literally using their magic power to create structure/weapons (static) or animals (dynamic?) Of their element. Another example was wood.

Lucy Heartfillia - Celestial Wizard - A type of holding magic, which is using items to assist with your spells. Celestial wizards specifically use keys to summon celestial spirits to help them fight (or do everything for them, depending on the wizard).

Erza Scarlet - Requipping - Being a magic swordsman in many cases means you hold weapons (and in some cases, armor) within hammerspace. You can swap between them at will, and they regenerate if broken (I believe the size of your hammerspace and the speed of your requipping is variable based on your magic power)

But that's only scratching the surface. There's tons of magic themes. You can use Dragon Slayer Magic, Make Magic, or the other examples above. You can also use tarot cards to create spells, just break things, make BLEVEs, etc. There's a lot you can probably look up for example ideas :)

For the record I was thinking of doing a character with powers similar to Erza.

The power of camaraderie is definitely a big theme in Fairy Tail, yes. It was definitely a bit of a "Almost" Defeat -> Friendship Speech/Everyone's worried about you -> New/Resurgence of power -> victory. Not that that's bad, per se.

There was also a thing called Unison raid which I believe was combining two magics to make devastating effects. I don't remember a lot about it tho.

But yeah, the player guild would have a strong emphasis on working together, but I'm not sure I'd follow the above formula and let friendship make you into Goku.

Hope that all made sense ><

Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne NeonFlow NeonFlow PlusUltra PlusUltra Peckinou Peckinou Astralworks Astralworks

OOC and Optional Discord link have been posted! Thank you all for your interest :D

That's definitely interesting. I like the universe, but alot of Mashima's characters are rather flat in terms of overall development.

I would need to come up with an OC to match the set rules for the RP but i'm definitely interested.

(Nothing canon beyond rules of the world will exist in this RP. All characters will be OC)

As the title says, I'm thinking of doing an RP based on and styled around Fairy Tail. The magic systems, laws, guilds, etc will all be as in Fairy Tail, but the guilds, characters, etc will all be original. Plot ideas are that the player characters will either be forming a guild of their own, and could progress into playing other characters depending on how the RP goes, or the player characters are all new arrivals or younger guild members who squad up for missions.

If you're interested or have any questions, please drop a post!​
Are you still looking? I'm totally interested!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back