• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Fairy Tail: Angel of Mercy

I'm not too fond of overpowered characters and as much as I love Fairy Tail, it does have many faults and one of the most glaring ones are overpowered characters. I mean, this is an anime and I can suspend disbelief as necessary but if I was going to be in a roleplay, I wouldn't want characters extremely powerful in their twenties while mine at 18 is just barely tapping into his potential haha. Plus, it doesn't really make much sense.

That was probably why Erza and Mirajane ranked as among my least favourite characters in Fairy Tail. I just feel that they're too young to be that powerful. Gildarts was okay in my book though.

HuorSpinks said:
I'm not too fond of overpowered characters and as much as I love Fairy Tail, it does have many faults and one of the most glaring ones are overpowered characters. I mean, this is an anime and I can suspend disbelief as necessary but if I was going to be in a roleplay, I wouldn't want characters extremely powerful in their twenties while mine at 18 is just barely tapping into his potential haha. Plus, it doesn't really make much sense.
That was probably why Erza and Mirajane ranked as among my least favourite characters in Fairy Tail. I just feel that they're too young to be that powerful. Gildarts was okay in my book though.
I don't know if you're talking about Kanon as well, but in case you are, in his defense: he's nearing is forties. And if Lloyd can immediately dodge his bullets and then put up a wall of stone, I'd say Kanon isn't nearly as bad as Erza or Mirajane, seeing as how they'd break through the wall and crush Lloyd.

In terms of simply watching something, Erza was my favorite, but when I looked back on it, I saw that Fairy Tail was actually pretty horribly done. Still fun to RP with, though. :v

@Salt Lord

I should have been more clearer, I suppose. I meant, characters that were too young to be overpowered. At 40, and being that powerful, makes perfect sense as your character would have had all those years to perfect his skill and becoming more powerful as a result, as compared to someone at say 18 or 20 with that exact same level of power. To me, Gildarts's power level made more sense.

Hah yeah. In all honestly I stopped following Fairy Tail after the timeskip. I thought the timeskip was horribly done, and it was completely unfair to the non-Tenrou group (my favourite Fairy Tail group). I mean, really, with characters like Alzack and Max they weren't able to maintain Fairy Tail's standards to a reasonable level? Alzack was the last of the non-stone guild members to be defeated by the Thunder God Tribe (including Gray, hilariously enough) so I found it hard to believe that Fairy Tail would be so destitute without the other mages. And of course, the nakama powerups.

But yeah, Fairy Tail is extremely fun to roleplay. Would have been pretty fun to roleplay Fairy Tail during the timeskip too.

Last edited by a moderator:
HuorSpinks said:
I should have been more clearer, I suppose. I meant, characters that were too young to be overpowered. At 40, and being that powerful, makes perfect sense as your character would have had all those years to perfect his skill and becoming more powerful as a result, as compared to someone at say 18 or 20 with that exact same level of power. To me, Gildarts's power level made more sense.
Hah yeah. In all honestly I stopped following Fairy Tail after the timeskip. I thought the timeskip was horribly done, and it was completely unfair to the non-Tenrou group (my favourite Fairy Tail group). I mean, really, with characters like Alzack and Max they weren't able to maintain Fairy Tail's standards to a reasonable level? Alzack was the last of the non-stone guild members to be defeated by the Thunder God Tribe (including Gray, hilariously enough) so I found it hard to believe that Fairy Tail would be so destitute without the other mages. And of course, the nakama powerups.

But yeah, Fairy Tail is extremely fun to roleplay. Would have been pretty fun to roleplay Fairy Tail during the timeskip too.
Timeskip...? Sorry, but I stopped watching at episode 90, so I have no idea what you're talking about. Don't worry about spoilers, though. I didn't intend on getting any further.

If you were wandering why I suddenly brought it up, it was because someone posted a character sheet for a character that I thought sounded overpowered, and refused to change it. I actually agreed with your stance. It wasn't your character I had an issue with. In fact, I love your character abilities, I have this fondness for gun magic in Fairy Tail seeing that both my favourite characters in there are gun mages.

I've been up to date on the Fairy Tail spoilers so far, but I have yet to actually watch the show again. I don't have the time these days...

Ahhh I can't wait to be accepted so I can start. I'm a mega FT nerd xD Talking to my friends about it make them lost. Though I'm not a fan of the new season of FT anime(after it took a hiatus). I only read the manga now :D

HuorSpinks said:
If you were wandering why I suddenly brought it up, it was because someone posted a character sheet for a character that I thought sounded overpowered, and refused to change it. I actually agreed with your stance. It wasn't your character I had an issue with. In fact, I love your character abilities, I have this fondness for gun magic in Fairy Tail seeing that both my favourite characters in there are gun mages.
I've been up to date on the Fairy Tail spoilers so far, but I have yet to actually watch the show again. I don't have the time these days...
Why thank you! My character is actually based on someone from another anime entirely, though. :v

I read somewhere that Fairy Tail exploded.

Going offline. If you aren't in the fight, feel free to continue. See you guys in a few hours!

@Salt Lord Hey I was wondering what is the time span between the the "incident" and the rp, I'm just asking so I know I'm on the same page as you!

@Salt Lord

Yeah, it did, at the end of the Tartaros arc. The Guild hall was destroyed, then the guild disbanded for a year, and they've formed back again.

And ooh, what anime and character would that be?

SOOOOOO SO SO SO SORRY I HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO REPLY BECAUSE I WAS OUT OF TOWN LONGER THAN I EXPECTED HAS THE ROLEPLAY DIED YET?! DDDDD:

Jailbird said:
@Salt Lord Hey I was wondering what is the time span between the the "incident" and the rp, I'm just asking so I know I'm on the same page as you!
The roleplay takes place ten years after Ragnarok.

HuorSpinks said:
And ooh, what anime and character would that be?
Mami Tomoe of Madoka Magica.

Alrighty.

By the way, Kurol won't be on in a while. We should still continue, though, in order to keep the RP alive.

Noted! Posted something up already. Last thing I wanna do is kill this roleplay haha.

Oh, and my character just busted all the water taps in the guild hall. So... yeah. The cleanup's gonna be good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back