• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Fairy Tail: A New Beginning [Accepting]

How easy was it to navigate to the roleplay through this interest check for you?

• Very easy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Somewhat easy

• Took some effort

• Very difficult

• Total voters

Lexielai

Cal Bear

FairyTail-ANewBeginning.jpg

This is a Detailed roleplay. Get ready to rock!

Welcome all, to Fairy Tail: A New Beginning! We are a steadily expanding collection of many roleplayers, all whom have come together to celebrate a world that we all enjoy. For those of you who don't know, Fairy Tail is an anime & manga series designed by Hiro Mashima, taking place within an immense, boundless world of wonder and magic.

"But wait, what if I know nothing about Fairy Tail?"

Don't sweat it, because that's absolutely not a prerequisite to enjoy partaking in this roleplay! Here we have expanded and developed this world into overviews that provide you with all you need to know before you join us, all accessible through our World Overview in the roleplay proper. Oh, but you'd just like a summary of what Fairy Tail is all about? Then look no further, just keep reading on!

Setting

Earthland.png

The world of Fairy Tail is a vast boiling pot of mixed influences and people, including Humans, Demons, Exceeds, Magical Beasts alike and much, much more. Fairy Tail provides an endless array of possibilities for characters to survive and thrive in this world, much of its unknown mysteries still free to discover.

Earthland, the vast peninsula where our story begins, is divided into ten different countries: the Fiore Kingdom (our setting), Seven, Bosco, Iceberg, Minstrel, Midi, Desierto, Joya, Bellum, and the Pergrande Kingdom. Even then, more land remains to be discovered in the great expanse of the world, including the islands of Sin and Caelum off the coast of known Earthland.

Magic, the foundation of the
Fairy Tail world and an essential aspect of everyday life, is a rare ability only potentially accessible to 10% of the population of Earthland. Even fewer actually tap into its mysteries and intricacies, less than a mere 1% of the world's humanity. There are two categories of magic: Caster Magic, which allows a wizard to use magic from their bodies; and Holder Magic, which allows a user to cast magic with items. With functionality for a variety of purposes ranging between combat, intelligence, healing, sun-tanning, beauty, and more, Magic is the nigh-unlimited fuel of the world that keeps all its gears spinning beautifully in motion.

Technology-wise,
Fairy Tail operates at an equivalent to the modern era. Steel ships, electricity, magical vehicles, trains, guns, airships, artillery, cars, planes, nuclear forces and more, science has risen in recent years to become a more dominant force within this fantasy world. Although Magic has not declined in the least, a technological revolution may be on the rise in these next few years, bringing with it a new slew of possibilities to come.

Story

15493-fairy-tail-1920x1200-anime-wallpaper.jpg

In the x700th century, a group of heroes from the original
Fairy Tail faced trials and tribulations that threatened to destroy the world with the depth of their deadly magnitude. From Dragons to Demons to Dark Wizards and more, these heroes sacrificed and lost much in their struggle to defeat them all. Luck and incredible challenge shaped them into the legends they are known as today; heroic epics and campfire stories have been written about their amazing feats, of which have returned the world to its peace and left behind a lifetime of legacy for the generations to come.

Now the year is x987. With the conclusion of the Grand Magic Games, a sporting event designed to determine the rankings of the Magic Guilds in Fiore, a new generation of Mages have arisen from the woodwork to show their splendor and might. Soon put to the test in a struggle to defend their world from evil, both ancient and new, they will soon find that there's far more to this battle than they realize. Will they be forgotten in the sands of time, or will they too rise up and achieve immortality as
legends?

Note We're a legacy forum roleplay, which operates differently than the standard format RPNation typically uses. Explore the full subforum and the rest of the roleplay here: http://www.rpnation.com/forums/fairy-tail-a-new-beginning.1021/

Hey there, glad to see you've taken an interest in our roleplay. If you're like most people, you're probably confused about what most of the threads listed here mean. Fortunately for you, I'll be here to explain everything you need to know.

Main Story - First off is that the primary story of our roleplay, the "arcs" that encompass major storylines, will take place in the Main Story. Any player can participate in the Main Story, which often requires mass operations that takes the effort of dozens of mages working conjointly to succeed. There are occasionally hiatus' between arcs while we set up for the next one, but worry not: it's going to be a wild ride.

Mission Prompts - Not every story involves everyone. There's constant stories of mages on the job, vacation adventures, personal vengeance, and plenty of goofing off occurring in the world, but these excursions are typically unrelated to our overarching story arc. That's where Mission Prompts come in. They are, simply put, ideas for a story created, submitted, and managed by players! Using our Mission Prompt Application, any player can send in their ideas for a story. If a moderator likes it, that mod can chose to sponsor the Mission Prompt and make it a reality. Active Mission Prompts will be posted in our Active Mission Prompts Board, and any player can join Mission Prompts that they meet the requirements for. So you've got an idea for a new adventure between you and your guild pals? Then get to writing an app, because we might just make it happen.

Arena - Sometimes super-powered men and women need to blow off some steam outside the bedroom. That's where the Arena comes in! A special zone for fights galore between any player and any target that he or she desires, so long as both parties agree to the battle. Moreover this is where we'll stage mock Grand Magic Games events, and eventually, a real one.

Plot Summaries

Some of you interested hopefuls may be turned off by the already accumulated pages of story and plot created; after all, it would just be such a hassle to reach through all of this to catch up, wouldn't it? Thankfully, you don't need to fear! We moderators have already compiled and divided our story into episodes, much like a television show, that are excellent summaries of all events relating to certain sections of the plot. If you haven't already bought in yet, then feel free to check out our episodes below! They will be usually regularly updated as the story progresses, so definitely feel free to check up on them as time goes on.

(Pinnacle Arc) Episode Summary! tl;dr - https://www.rpnation.com/threads/pinnacle-arc-1-summary-complete.76548/

(Pinnacle Arc) Episode 1: Welcome to Pinnacle! - http://www.rpnation.com/threads/pinnacle-arc-1-episode-1-welcome-to-pinnacle.59198/

(Pinnacle Arc) Episode 2: The Raccoon Alliance! - http://www.rpnation.com/threads/pinnacle-arc-1-episode-2-the-raccoon-alliance.59199/

(Pinnacle Arc) Episode 3: Kandosii! - http://www.rpnation.com/threads/pinnacle-arc-1-episode-3-kandosii.59610/

(Pinnacle Arc)Episode 4: A Date With Raccoons! - http://www.rpnation.com/threads/pinnacle-arc-1-episode-4-a-date-with-raccoons.63001/

(Pinnacle Arc) Episode 5: Truth! - http://www.rpnation.com/threads/pinnacle-arc-1-episode-5-truth.69723/

(Pinnacle Arc) Episode 6: Unity! - https://www.rpnation.com/threads/pinnacle-arc-1-episode-6-unity.108331/

FairyTailCover.jpg

We hope to see you there!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I've been interested in this RP for a LONG time, and now that I'm much less busy than I've been in quite some time, this seems like a good as time as any to join up. However, I'm not exactly well versed in the Fairy Tail verse, so it'll take some time for me to get a character up, though I'm definitely interested.

yaaay, i can finally put the ridiculous amount of times i've rewatched the entire original series to use! :P (If i can join that is)

I don't mind at all! Think about it this way: it doesn't matter who you are, I'm gonna make you great.

I'm interested but I don't know if I have time. Summer break is in 3 weeks, so I'll probably be available then.

@Miz :P :5/5:

@CousinMerla Don't worry about it, we don't demand posts everyday or anything like that. If you can write a few paragraphs in one week, that's all you'll need. Besides, don't be afraid to get started on your character sheet early! I look forward to seeing what you come up with .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back