• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Faerûn (OOC)

So, I'm really most tempted to play a wizard, but if Yang Xiao Long Yang Xiao Long is going in that general direction, that's a rather poor party balance. Particularly at low level, so I'm not sure what to go for instead...

If I went with a druid, would my animal companion start out alive and well?

So, I'm really most tempted to play a wizard, but if Yang Xiao Long Yang Xiao Long is going in that general direction, that's a rather poor party balance. Particularly at low level, so I'm not sure what to go for instead...

If I went with a druid, would my animal companion start out alive and well?

I could absolutely work your animal companion into the opening of this adventure. You're all captured, as it stands - so there's no reason your companion wouldn't be amongst those in chains.

Esbilon Esbilon Besides playing a Druid, what race are you gonna play? Am probably gonna go with a Ranger, and if you want, we can choose the same race, and have our characters be siblings.

I'm leaning heavily towards human druid. My preferred animal companion would be a leopard, but that doesn't quite mesh with the region. Unless snow leopards are a thing and have the same stats? Alternatively, does any of you know in which snow leopards might be found, and if they're appropriate for a level 4 druid?

I'm probably grabbing the Magic of the Land (Races of the Wild) and Spontaneous Healer (Complete Divine) feats to compensate for druids' usual inferiority as healers, and try to avoid going into melee combat if I can help it.

JR McCormick JR McCormick What, besides Orcs, might be appropriate as Favored Enemy?
For this region of land, Orcs will absolutely be a good choice for favoured enemy, as will Giants, Goblins and Trolls.

I can't expressly say WHICH would be best in the long run, as I'll be playing it by ear as we go, so who knows what you'll run into - though I can definitely attest to any of those creatures as being fine choices.

Electricmandolin Electricmandolin mentioned that they would be interested in joining as our 4th party member so I'll go ahead and make the necessary introductions right here.

Cool, hey I'm Electricmandolin. So I see we've got a wizard, a druid, and a ranger since rangers can work as rogue characters I'm sort of tempted to make a dwarf paladin. I will say I've only played 5th edition and Pathfinder so I'll spend some time reading up about that whole kit and kaboodle.

Rangers in 3.5 do NOT work as rogues. We currently have no one to open locks or disable traps.

Esbilon Esbilon You want to make our characters brothers/sisters? or a brother-sister duo? I don't mind either way.
Also, am taking an Eagle companion.

Electricmandolin Electricmandolin You can have a glance at D20 which is a great reference site.

Pathfinder is basically 3.5 (and a bit). If you're familiar with it you shouldn't get too lost.

Again, I'll reiterate that this is gonna be heavily focused on writing - so if you're confused about something mechanically, just pop a message into the OOC asking what it is you want to do and I'm sure we'll all be able to guide your idea into something you can work into a coherent post.

Yang Xiao Long Yang Xiao Long Thank you so much! I didn't see that, it's nice to have all of it in one spot.

I can fill in the 'Someone to open locks and disarm traps'. Probably a gnome rogue then, I've never played a rogue but having low-light vision is always a plus.

Yang Xiao Long Yang Xiao Long Thank you so much! I didn't see that, it's nice to have all of it in one spot.

I can fill in the 'Someone to open locks and disarm traps'. Probably a gnome rogue then, I've never played a rogue but having low-light vision is always a plus.
I'm certain you'll be able to fill it with flare!

I love me some gnomes... particularly the svirfnebli! Though they live underground lol.

Do you want us to post our CS? do we need us to list all the equipment we have? or since this is mainly narrativist, we can use what reasonable equipment we might have (rope, hook, mirror, and such)?

Equipment wise I would actually like a bit of a list concerning what you would normally carry, as initially you'll be starting without them.

I will of course be throwing a few bits and pieces to you early on in the story so if there are things unlisted in your equipment list I can imagine they will become readily available pretty sharpish.

Esbilon Esbilon Red Shadow Claws Red Shadow Claws Electricmandolin Electricmandolin Yang Xiao Long Yang Xiao Long

With regards to the CS page, go ahead and make a digital comment on that thread with some of your stats, names, races, equipment, skills, feats, AC etc. All that good stuff.

We're going to use our ability to edit those posts in order to update and keep track of stuff in the long run.

For example, learning new feats and gaining new equipment.

It doesn't need to be too detailed, as I'm sure you'll all have your own preferred method of building character sheets. Pen and paper l, mobile applications, PDFs etc.

Whatever is most comfortable for YOU to keep track of your character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back