Faerun awaits...

Grim Wraithe Stjerna

The Víkíngr, reaver of the sea, hunter of Pirates.
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
The year is 1374 DR, the Year of the Lightning Storms. This is the state of the realms so far.

After completing your acceptance trials, you find yourself, and your group, waiting in the tavern way point while your airship gets resupplied. Well it's not yours per se, it belongs to your guild, The Nameless Intent, and they send you and your group out to recover items and artifacts for buyers who remain nameless.

You are waiting for your next assignment as the tavern wench walks over with a tray full of ale.

"Here ye go." Her voice was forced cheeriness and charm, she slops some of your ale on the table before walking away.

Rihaly rises to leave for the Dragon, then pauses in surprise as Istar bustles off ahead of them both. "She shouldn't have eaten so fast I guess," she remarks as she runs her eyes over the plates. She's made her own impact on the fish out of all proportion to her size, but she's done with that for now and simply swirls her cloak around her shoulders and follows her friend out of the room to stand guard outside what can only be the privy. She'd not seen Istar go inside, but a wide-eyed human male erupting from the room with a gold coin imperfectly concealed in his palm was as good a sign of her passing as if she'd painted 'Istar Valerys Was Here' in splodgy red oil paint by the door. Instead the graffiti suggests that land-dwellers could all do something anatomically unlikely that makes the halfling smile as she waits for the elf to make an appearance.

If the half-orc wasn't inclined to wait with her, Rihaly ensures she has clear instructions on how to find the air ship. Otherwise as she stands outside the door and begins rebraiding her cinnamon hair, she looks up and gives him the Eye. "Come on, give me at least a hint at what we'll be doing. It can't be as simple as walking into a shop and paying for it, or you wouldn't need me. It can't be an out and out heist, or you wouldn't need the paladin. I'm trying to puzzle it out, but it's beyond me."

Last edited:
Keth took a final drink of his tankard and set it on the table and waved to the bar keep and knave. Slowly shaking his head as the elf rushed to ease her internal suffering.

Stepping out into the brisk breeze he adjusted his long coat, lifting the collar to help ward off the cool air. He expected a certain level autonomy from his crew, however he was not going to let them wander around the floating city trying to find the ship. He recalled when his crew leader had done that to him. While he learned much about the city and its secrets they did not have time for that now. So he leaned against the bar and watched the light fingered clip set her hair. Pulling a clay pipe from his coat, setting the well worn bit in his mouth. "Alright, a hint huh?" His callused thumb tapping the side of unlit clay pipa. "Liches prize them above all else." He watched to see her reaction, if any.
------------------------
Perception roll vs Bluff (If Rihaly tries to conceal he reaction)
Roll(1d20)+11: 14,+11 Total:25

"Oooohhhhmmmm," the halfling muses to herself quietly, wracking her brains without any real attempt to hide the fact. If she has any secret knowledge about this she's a master of deception but instead she is treating it as a riddle game. "A Lich, hey? I know they're undead, so maybe they're like vampires and need to be buried in the ancestral dirt of their homeland? But why would we steal dirt?" She paces across the doorway to the privy, pat-tapping one foot against the door. "Liches are a kind of undead wizard though, aren't they? So maybe they're like wizards and have all these magical devices and artefacts that are valuable to the right buyer. Like a wand or a staff or a, ooooh!" Finishing with her hair, she bounds up and grabs the door lintel and sways once, twice without pausing for breath. "A crystal ball! But it has to be a special crystal ball to get us all the way somewhere on an airship and all. It must be something special, something magical, something... valuable."

Grey eyes go round and she drops to her feet and stares up at the half-orc. "Like a diamond! We're looking for a undead wizard's magical diamond ball!" All this musing and braiding and climbing has taken time, coincidentally the exact amount of time Istar needs to tend to her private needs. No sooner does she come through the door than the halfling woman bounds back towards her and gives her a hug around her waist. "Hooray! Guess what? Guess what? We're looking for what a Lich prizes most; an undead wizard's magical diamond ball!" Her hands slip down from the other's waist, dipping briefly into one pocket before she turns back and takes the younger woman by one hand. "Come on, come on, let's go!"

Acrobatics
Roll(1d20)+13:
5,+13
Total:18

Sleight of Hand (pocket)
Roll(1d20)+12:
6,+12
Total:18

Istar exited the privy still humming to herself , the gentle melody serving to soothe her tension as well. Her one true love eagerly hugging her soon after caused her emerald eyes to widen , however she quickly gave the gentlest hug she could manage in return. Her anxious energy was replaced with cautious joy as she realized the fire-maned Halfing chose to wait for her , and along with the hug were signs she took to mean the steel-eyed woman felt very affectionate towards her as well. The eager young Paladin hadn't felt her love's hand dip into her pocket. She broadly smiled as Rihaly took her hand and eagerly started telling her about their first mission , feeling a small measure of relief that she wasn't to be tasked with committing evil deeds - though her love-struck heart forced her mind to fixate elsewhere. 'Does this mean she loves me? I hope it does , I hope it does with all my heart..' "Thank you so much for waiting for me Rihaly! That was so wonderful of you! I take it then that we are to be weakening the powers of an evil Lich? That sounds amazing! I can't wait to do that with you Rihaly! You're such a wonderful person!" For a moment the Elf considered asking if the Halfling loved her in return , but decided better of it. 'I'll ask that when we're aboard the Airship , as she requested. I hope she loves me..'

---------------------
Perception:Roll(1d20)+3:3+3 Total:6

Keth watched at the halfling puzzling through the riddle. 'Quite an active mind.' More amused by the vocal thought process then the process itself. 'Though I wonder if she thinks aloud with everything.'

At her declaration of the object of their first job he opened his mouth then shut it. His eyes looking up and moving back and forth as if searching his own thoughts to make sure he had the information correct. Opening his mouth again to speak, pulling the pipe out only to stop himself again. She wasn't that far off the mark after all. He was blinking several times to get back to current moment.

He let out a sigh as he produced and lit a tinder twig and lit his pipe, watching the two women, and noticing the Sneak deposit something into the elf's pocket, but kept quiet about it. 'Must keep the dagger pointed in the right direction.' "Alright you two let's go." The half orc set out and lead them further down hill, puffing on the pipa releasing a sweet fragrance with each exhale. After a few minutes they reached the base of the hill and the very edge of city.

Stretching before and below a great distance, many leagues and certainly higher then either of the women had ever been, lay the green lands, hills, rivers and forests of the Dalelands.

Giving the two a moment to take in the sights, Keth nods and points over the edge. "The Dragon's Coral awaits." His hand sweeping out and down.
airship_by_cenoslave.jpg
------------------------
Perception roll vs Slight of hand
Roll(1d20)+11: 14,+11 Total:25

Rihaly hurries along in Keth's wake, leading Istar through the city streets down the gentle hill toward the ship. "I guess?" she echoes, "I don't know how you weaken a Lich, do you? I know they're undead, but I've only seen zombies before. Can you weaken them, with Corellon's power?" She smiles up at her friend, feeling lighter inside than she has in days. "I think you're pretty extraordinary too, Istar."

The edge of the city makes even the halfling's head spin to look out over the countryside whole leagues below them and at least as far off into the distance. That is awe inspiring enough, but is only a backdrop to the Dragon's Coral. Rihaly inhales as the half-orc gestures to the open decked wooden vessel poised in the heart of a blazing ring of flames. "We're going to fly on that?" Never mind her unanswered questions about rates and terms of pay. Never mind where exactly they were going and what they were to do when they got there. We're going to fly on that! She squeezes Istar's hand with excitement and grins up at her. "Ready to get a closer look at your airship, princess?"

The halfling burglar is only too ready herself and looks around for any obvious way of boarding the ship. Maybe some kind of rope ladder or detachable gangway?

Perception
Roll(1d20)+11:
1,+11
Total:12

Istar followed along with her true love , beaming with happiness and excitement. With the compliment the Halfling gave to her most of her anxiety had melted away , the growing forestry making her all the more joyful. 'She loves me! She has to love me that has to mean she loves me , I'll ask aboard the Airship but she loves me , this is so wonderful she loves me!' "Thank you so much for the compliment! That's so kind of you! You're the most wonderful person Rihaly , I've never met someone more amazing!"

By the time the Paladin remembered to answer the comment about the Lich , the majestic Airship loomed into view. Her mouth fell open at the sight , the young woman unable to keep from simply staring in amazement. She might've stared agape at the wondrous vessel for several more minutes had her Fire-Maned true love not spoke to her. "It's so amazing isn't it Rihaly? I've never seen anything like it , I couldn't even have imagined it being this incredible! It's the most majestic vessel I've seen in my entire life! I can't wait to ride it Rihaly - especially with you! You're the most wonderful person in all the realms!" 'Don't worry Mother , you're still as wonderful as ever.. I love her differently than I love you , that's all! She's my true love!'

As she looked for a method to board the ship she was more excited than ever before. In the span of a mere handful of hours the young Elf had proven herself worthy of Corellon's love , seen the most wondrous vessel in all existence , and most importantly met her one true love - a true love who she was positive loved her just as much in return. 'This is the best day I've ever had!'

-----------------------
Perception:roll(1d20)+3:18+3 Total:21

You both notice a gap in the railing that leads to a ladder, which goes straight down about 20 feet, and a rope suspended wooden platform. From where you are standing you can see the platform extends out to the ship and under the city out of view. The platform looks as if it could cater to two such airships, one on either side.

"Yes, you are. Unless you don't want the job." The half orc was grabbing the ladder as he spoke and dropped from sight. For a brief moment it looks as if he has fallen from the city, however by the time you get to the edge to look over(if you do) you see him stepping off the ladder and looking up. "Are you two coming or not?" Not waiting for a response he walks towards to the ship, waving to someone standing on the entry ramp. "Oi! Picked up two more rats!"

The man on the ramp stands with his arms folded across his thin chest, his tall form draped in a dark purple captains coat with dark brown knee high sea boots. "Great, two more bodies of wasted space on my ship." As the half orc walked up the ramp the Captain, or so you assume, blocks the way. "I bet they eat like bags of holding and break everything they touch." His voice was like deep trumpet, clearly sounding or across the way. His visage was not pleasant, his eye angry slits as he stared at Keth, a deep frown making his face seem longer then it should be. "If they do, they're still better then the bunch of pirates and scum you call a crew." He waved to one of the crew. "Hey Sam." Sam looks up waves and continues to sweep the deck. Locking eyes your team leader matches the Captain's stance. The two stare in silence, the tension thick enough you could scoop it into a bowl with a spoon.
Just as it looked like they might be ready to punch each other the Captain speaks. "Did you bring the bottle?" The tone in his voice changed to a light and friendly one, a large and carefree smile fills the man's face. It's a smile that is on par with halflings when they are among friends and good food. "Only if you have cups."
The Captain nods and winks slyly, waving to the both of you. "Welcome aboard my lovely lady!" The pride in his voice unmistakable. Stepping aside and giving an elegant bow. "Please feel free to explore, the half-tusk and I need to discuss some things." Turning to crew he calls out a series of rapid orders, all while walking to the rear of the ship, all of which culminate with. "Once they're on cast off lines and let's get paid!"

Keth smiles and shakes his head as the man walks off. "Alright, take some time to look around, you'll find bunks below decks." Walking to follow the Captain he calls over his shoulder. "You'll get the job details once we're away from the city."

With that you are left standing on the deck as the crew effectively gets the ship free of the city. The fire ring surrounding the ship giving off a comfortable level of heat.
a31da93d4a9680d339ac191a5449862f.jpg

When she saw the airship before, Rihaly had only seen bright lights far up against the night sky. Now that she sees the Dragon's Coral up close she has a better understanding of what she was seeing. The light wooden hull, the blazing ring of flame and the window apertures along each side lend themselves to a light and agile style of ship, fast and acrobatic for all its small size. Much like the halfling herself, she reflects with a smile. "I'm sorry," she begins, sounding half-affronted and half-laughing, "You're offering to give me good work for a woman with my skills, pay me and give me free rein to loot on the way and a ride on a magical airship and you're asking me if I want the job?"

She laughs as she descends hand over hand down the ladder to the swaying rope platform, then leads her elf friend onto the sky skiff. The attitude of the crew reminds her a great deal of her voyage west in disgrace, but that turned out well for her and so she smiles at their indifference. "Good to be aboard, captain! Istar and I were just saying we've always wanted to sail on an airship, and your lovely lady is the first we've ever seen up close. What top speed does she make?" Rihaly is breathless with excitement as the ship starts to leave port and once he replies she runs forward to see where they're going, drawing mingled expressions of frustration and amusement from the human crew whose path she crosses. She beckons for Istar to join her, then leans out over the railing (assuming there is one). "Look down there, it's a wagon train," she points. This is amaaazing!

Though Istar couldn't be more enthusiastic about the Airship and her One True Love , the heights she found herself at were less than welcome. Perhaps were she in a tree at this height she'd be more comfortable , but the artificial nature of the platform did little to assuage her. Tentatively she looked over the edge , climbing the ladder only after both the Half-Orc and the Halfling already had and taking twice as long as either of her comrades. As Rihaly led her to the deck of the Airship the Fire-maned woman might've noticed the Elf squeeze her small hand much harder as the two crossed the swaying platform , though she released the beautiful hand when she arrived on the firmer deck of the airship.

Despite her clear aversion to the heights the Airship was at , the Paladin graciously bowed when the Captain welcomed her aboard. She either didn't mind or didn't let it bother her that the "She's a very beautiful Airship , Captain , easily the most magnificent vessel I've ever seen." Istar follows her true love to the railing , though instead of gleefully running she slowly strides over , carefully evaluating each step as if one wrong step would send her plummeting to the ground. When she finally did arrive at the Halfling's side she cautiously stood a a foot and a half back from the railing. "It is very wonderful , I agree.." She pauses for a moment to step just slightly closer to the beautiful woman , now a foot from the railing. She lowered her voice to speak with her True Love , leaning in so only the Halfling could hear her words. "Rihaly , can we.. talk? You said we'd speak when we boarded the Airship , where we could get privacy.. I figure we could go ahead and choose our lodgings , and.. then we could discuss our feelings. Please. You're the most wonderful person I've ever met."

The crew for the most part works around you both, none giving either of you more then a passing glance or to ensure you were not in the way of their individual task.

Soon enough the airship is free of its mooring and floating free of Horizon, and slowly the city moves away and up as the Dragon's Coral sinks beneath it.

Floating-Cities.jpg

(Minus the Dragons)

On the ship and away from the city the breeze turns into strong gusts of wind, the ship swaying slightly under your feet. Not quite like a ship at sea, but you can feel the winds move the airship in its currents. The most of the crew has left main deck, a few have taken to lounging against rails or standing around the central raised platform that servers at the helm; a half elf in a red vest and green leggings under light brown capris and a blue skinned man in a cream colored tunic under a black waistcoat with black and white strides pantaloons stand out amongst the human crew near the great wheel.
-------------------------
Roll either a general Intelligence check or a knowledge(planes) check to try and identify the blue skinned man.

Last edited:
Rihaly looks back over her shoulder to confirm the human crew are all busy with the ship's business below decks or around the central platform. She isn't sure what that blue-skinned man at the wheel is, although she has a sense that he's more than simply human. The half-elf is there too, and she spares a last glance for the city fading out of sight behind them before she turns to look directly up into the paladin's warm green eyes. "This seems private enough, Istar. I'm happier with the prow with the wind snatching away our words than below decks where anyone could have an ear pressed to the wall." She's entirely familiar with a number of different ways to eavesdrop on the unsuspecting. Because, reasons. If

Leaving the amazing vista to itself, she sits on the deck with her back to the railing and her face turned slightly away from the human crew, and motions for the elf to join her. "Please just listen. You are the wonderful one; a beautiful, kind elf maiden, chosen by Corellon and kissed by the moon. I'm only... me. A halfling with no good name, no history and no luck. I appreciate your kindness and your generosity, and I treasure your friendship but you can do so much better than I." She smiles wistfully, but shakes her head. "What would your family think?"

Knowledge (General)
Roll(1d20)+2:
8,+2
Total:10

Istar looked back at the deck roughly the same time the Halfling did , checking to see how many were on the deck. She saw the strange blue-skinned man but didn't put much thought to him , her mind racing with thoughts about Rihaly and what she hoped to be their mutual affection. Seeing that many of them must've been in bunks of their own , with her heart racing - for more reasons than one - she sat down facing the Fire-maned woman , her left hand tightly gripping the railing beside her. 'Rihaly would know better anyway. She has more experience than I do , after all.'

The young Paladin anxiously bobbed her head when told to listen , staring into her True Love's steel grey eyes. Tears started to form in her vibrant emerald eyes as the beautiful woman spoke. "Rihaly , I could never 'do better' than you. I could marry higher born , yes , but that wouldn't be someone who loves me. No one except Mother and Father has ever treated me as kindly as you have , my entire life. Everyone.. everyone else has left me , sooner or later. I've been lonely my whole life , until I met you. And Mother always told me that the only thing important I find in my mate was someone who treated me well , someone who loves me as much as I love them , and you've treated me better than anyone else could have. You're beautiful , kissed by fire , highly intelligent , and extremely compassionate. You have the heart of a Paladin , Rihaly Ironmar. You're my True Love , the one person I love with all my heart and every fiber of my being. That's the only thing that matters." She finally let go of the rail and leaned in just slightly closer to her True Love , as if she were about to envelop her in a warm , comforting hug.

---------------
Intelligence:roll(1d20)+3:11+3 Total:14

Rihaly hesitates, then slips under one of Istar's arms so that she can wrap it around her without making her feel entirely enclosed. She can hardly take her eyes off the radiant elf woman promising her an eternity of happiness, yet she still shakes her head; not in rejection, but she still can't quite believe that someone so wonderful deserves someone like her, or that all this is real. She reaches up to cup the silver-haired beauty's cheek, mist-grey eyes looking intently. "Are you sure, though? How can you know my heart when I don't even understand it? I thought I did, but," she looks down. "It led me into trouble, and then it was wounded and then it was broken. I'm not sure it's even there any more." Yet when Istar looked at her like that, she could feel an irregular quickstep thumping in her chest that gave the lie to her thoughts. Is it possible? And they've met just like that? "I mean, we only just met one another." The halfling's arguments sound weak even to her. She wants to believe; that much is clear. The last couple of days have left her desolate inside, though she puts up a good front. "You know what I am. How are you going to react the next time I take some fish to nibble on? Or lie to a guard to get us past?"

The Burglar and the Paladin reminds Rihaly of the title of one of those tawdry five-copper romances her friends back in Phsant had passed around. That really brings it home to her. Whatever compromise they make, if Rihaly accepts Istar's good and generous offer and lets herself feel the same way, there are going to be a lot of changes in her life.

But then, that isn't such a bad thing.

Istar quickly wraps her arm around Rihaly , the other immediately reaching out and grasping the railing. The warm comfort of the embrace brings a radiant smile to her ivory features as she looked into the Halfling's beautiful grey eyes. A rogue tear ran down her cheek as her True Love related her woes , hugging the small woman all the tighter. The Elf's heart thundered in her chest as she started to speak. "You do have a heart , Rihaly - otherwise you would've left me. You're the most wonderful person I've ever met. Whoever it was who took advantage of your kindness was cruel , and I'm very sorry to hear that.. but he failed to break your spirit. I'll never hurt you Rihaly , I promise. And.. I know we've only known each other for a short time , but Mother told me that I'd know true love when I felt it. You're the only person I've ever felt this way for , ever , my entire life."

The Paladin paused for a moment to consider the ramifications of Rihaly's question , before answering in a confident , compassionate voice.
"Rihaly , I told you I'd never impede you again. Lying to a guard may be necessary , and stealing.. it isn't right , but there are far worse things. Corellon doesn't directly forbid stealing. Rihaly , you're my True Love. I won't stop loving you for small transgressions. You wouldn't stop loving me for.." She winced slightly before continuing. "For fleeing from my foes , would you? I-I did.. i-in my trial , a skeletal giant.. al-almost killed me , an-and I had to run away and heal myself. Corellon actually forbids that , and he still empowered me to slay it. I won't ever stop loving you for something so small a transgression as stealing , Rihaly. I love you , and I love you all the more for knowing what you are." The Elf gently pressed her forehead to the Halfling's. She fought the urge to give the beautiful , fire-maned woman cradled in her arm a passionate kiss.

Laughter bubbles up, although Rihaly tries to suppress it for the sake of the anguish she can see the confession brings Istar. "For fleeing from a skeletal giant trying to kill you? After it had already nearly killed you, and you then turned back and defeated it single-handed?" She reaches up and gives the older elf woman a gentle hug, then bumps noses as their foreheads touch. "Princess, I'm a thief. Running away from something big and angry when it's trying to hurt you is just good sense; I think I'd love you less if you didn't run, for fear that you'd been hit on the head too many times and would get yourself killed too soon." She pauses suddenly as her mind belatedly catches up with her mouth. What did she just say? The glib and garrulous woman is lost for words and sucks her lip in between her teeth before she finally admits to them both in a tone half of surprise, "So I guess that means... I do? I don't know how or if it's going to work, but I love you too Istar Valerys. Paladin of Corellon. Heart friend. Moon princess." Her eyes dewy with tears, she punctuates each renaming of the elf in her arms with a tightening embrace that takes full advantage of the fact that they're both sitting - and so she can actually reach Istar's shoulders.

She didn't share Istar's faith that true love must conquer all adversity. She couldn't, not and reconcile that with her experiences with Harrison and their friends. Yet she was cautiously willing to risk her heart again, with faith not so much in the world's gentle nature as in Istar's goodness and generosity of spirit. And this time, nothing is going to hurt her. Her jaw briefly sets in grim purpose, then softens as she climbs up to sit reversed in her love's lap. "So. Want to go and upset a Lich with me, love?" There would be misunderstandings and hurts and disputes. They would undoubtedly argue about their respective world views and the way that life had taught them to handle the challenges that lay ahead. But so long as they had one another's back and didn't blame the other for the mistakes the were sure to make, she knew they would be alright. More than alright. They would be magnificent.

Although she'd sooner fight the Lich alone and armed with a rusty spoon than face up to Istar's parents.

Istar's entire demeanor blazed with joy as the beautiful Halfling cradled in her arm declared her love. As her One True Love sat in her lap she gently wrapped her arms around the small form of her beautiful lover. "Yes! I'll follow you anywhere , Rihaly Ironmar , my truest heart friend , the one kissed by fire - my Queen! Our love's going to work , I know it. Thank you so much for loving me Rihaly , you're the most wonderful person in all the realms. I promise I'll protect you from anything - no one will ever hurt you , my One True Love." She briefly pauses to give Rihaly an enormously eager , loving smile. "And I promise I'll keep from getting myself killed too , Rihaly. Besides , Corellon will forgive me.. he forgave me running from the Skeletal Giant enough to allow me enough of his divine power to disintegrate it , after all."

The Elf sat on the deck with her True Love in her lap appreciating what was , quite easily , the most wonderful moment of her entire existence thus far. Her entire life she had been searching for love , a True Love , a woman who would love her with all their heart just as she would them. She knew that there may be complications , disagreements , but those would be rare and they wouldn't come close to breaking apart the bond she shared with Rihaly. Theirs was a true love on par with her Mother and Father's - though perhaps of a different breed. 'They'll accept Rihaly , though , I know it. She loves me more than anyone else but them - and was it not Mother who always told me that was all that would matter?' Her smile broadened all the further at the thought , more affection rolling off of her. "I love you with all my heart , Rihaly Ironmar. Nothing will ever change that." The most wonderful , amazing , incredible day of her life , indeed.

Usually confident, the open and happy show of affection fills Rihaly with butterflies and has her throwing a wild-shy look down the boat at the mixed human crew. She turns decidedly away from them and leans her right side into Istar's bosom, her cheek against the elf's shoulder. She is silent for a time and simply listens to her love's racing heart. There's quite a view from here, and the wind whipping through their hair is almost as exciting as when she was hanging over the railing. The elf says the most beautiful things to her, and Rihaly can't help but smile. "Look Istar, birds!"

Sure enough there was a broad vee of geese winging their way south visible over the side, heading under the ship. Rihaly leans out to follow them a few seconds longer, teetering as the wind catches the vessel amidships. Whether she regains her balance on her own or at Istar's hands, she tumbles back into her heart friend's arms with a laugh. "Did you ever think you'd be so high, Istar? Soaring above the birds on a vessel with wings of fire?" She gestures to the blazing ring that encircles them, "on our way to... wherever we're going?" She looks the older woman over, seeing her mail shining bright. "Have you ever done something like this before?" She leans back with an interested expression, hoping for a story of her adventures.

Istar cooed softly as her True Love laid her small head upon her bosom , gently nuzzling against the small Halfling's form. Cuddling with her Truest Heart Friend was wonderfully comforting , as if nothing in the world could ever hurt her while the Halfing was with her. 'And I won't ever allow anything to hurt her , either.'

The Elf tentatively risked a glance towards the Geese flying beneath them , though unlike the beautiful Halfling she didn't lean out between the bars. She swiftly pulled Rihaly back in as the ship rocked beneath them , a sheen of perspiration visible upon her brow. Thankfully her Fire-maned lover was perfectly okay - exhilerated , even - which returned the Paladin to her gleeful state. "No , I never did. It's a magnificent vessel , isn't it? It doesn't come close to achieving your magnificence or beauty , Rihaly. If.. I'm being honest I'm not sure I enjoy being this high , but.. I'll get used to it. I hope."

The Paladin gives a compassionate , loving look to her Truest Heart Friend before addressing her previous adventures.
"I'm sorry to dissappijt you , Rihaly Ironmar , my One True Love , but I've not had many adventures. Certainly none like this. I've only been away from High Forest for less than a year now. I've not had many adventures - certainly none like this. Unless you'd like to hear about my Trials , there really isn't much I can tell you about. You're older than I am Rihaly , I'm sure you have much more interesting life experiences than I do."

Last edited:
As you sit on the forecastle near the ballista you feel the ship shudder, as if it were a waterborne ship running around. Causing a slight falling sensation in your stomach, as well as causing both of you to slip to the deck from your perch. Then it calms again as the cold wind picks up.

If you look around you might notice nothing about the crew has changed, as if the ship shuddering was normal. Your view of the ground becomes obscured as you enter into a thick fog bank as far as you can tell. The temperature seems to drop as the moisture clings to you.
----------------------
Roll Fortitude save

Rihaly looks a little skeptical at her love's claim to be younger than her; everyone knew the elves were all as old as the trees and timeless as the stone. Yet Istar seems confident in her claim and after a few seconds Rihaly understands what she means. Or what she thinks she means. To an elf, a year must be like a week and a decade scarcely a month. When Rihaly is forty or more, Istar will retain her eternal youth. Which means their childhood must be similarly extended. Right? "I guess?" she responds eventually, and is then interrupted as the boat lurches beneath them and drops them both to the decking.

Still in the elf's lap, Rihaly laughs and then draws her cloak around her with a theatrical shudder. "It's getting cold up here, and the fog means we can't see the view any more. We really should head below decks I guess, and find out more details about what Keth has planned for us." And she'd have to think about Istar as well. With her open and eager nature, could she possibly be as young in elf years as she seems? Seeing the clinging mist drifting across the deck and obscuring the crew she stands easily and offers her friend a hand up to join her. A treacherous hand though, for as Istar rises she is intercepted at halfling-head-height as the smaller woman presses a soft, giving, undemanding kiss to her lips. Rarely still for long, Rihaly then slips away through the cloudstuff, making her way through the hatch in search of her quarters or anywhere else both warm and dry. As the first wisps of the thick fog drift between them, the hue of Rihaly's attire bleaches lighter until it matches the pale grey of the cloud bank.

Fortitude save
Roll(1d20)+5:
16,+5
Total:21

Istar quirked her head at the Halfing's unsure response , but had scarcely a moment to think further on it before she was tossed to the deck. She just barely bit back a yelp as she fell face-forward , though after she landed she silently thanked Corellon she didn't fall off the Airship entirely. For a moment she simply hugged the deck , though as she slowly rose to her feet the Elf nodded in hearty agreement to the Halfling's statement. She'd much rather be below decks , safe from being thrown oberboard by a rogue gust of wind.

The Paladin graciously took the offered hand , if only to be able to hold her True Loves hand. The chaste kiss , however , was much more than she had hoped for. Already wishing to kiss the beautiful , Fire-maned woman she eagerly returned the kiss , her eyes closing as she savored the intimacy it offered her. If her Truest Heart Friend had wished to extend the wonderful kiss she would've gleefully allowed it , sheer joy coursing through her from Rihaly's kiss.

When her Lover did break the kiss , Istar scrambled to her feet and quickly joined her mist-shrouded One True Love , her left hand immediately searching to grasp the Halfling's. As she spoke , breathless from sheer euphoria , passion colored her voice. "Rihaly , that was incredible. I.. oh , you're so beautiful. Thank you so much for kissing me , that was.. oh , it was so exhilarating. I didn't know such a chaste kiss.. oh my. Rihaly Ironmar , my Truest Heart Friend , you're the most wonderful person in all the realms! I love you so much!"

-----------

Fortitude save:roll(1d20)+9:8+9 Total:17

Last edited:
Rihaly as you walk into fog you can see several strides around you, the sounds muted somewhat but not dense enough that you risk tripping over anything. You blend in easily enough that it would almost look like you had part of the cloud.

Istar in your thrilled surprise it takes you just a moment to recover enough to try and catch your little thief before she fades into the clouds.

As you both walk aft you feel the warmth, and see the red-orange glow, of the fire ring as you pass near the raised helm. You were able to hear muffled conversations as you drew closer but those end as pass. If you were to look around, you would see a mixture of looks from the crew that had remained above. Most would appear indifferent, as if they did not care who you were or what you were doing as long you stayed out of the way. A few would make disapproving shakes of their heads or show similar thoughts through their facial expressions. You think one of the crew you saw smiling before turning away, ostensibly doing some work.

Soon enough you reach the aft end of the ship and find a stairway on the port and starboard sides leading up to the top of the aftercastle, and one stairway leading down into hull. There is a smell of warm spices and wood smoke coming from below, and possibly beef stew in a red wine sauce! There is one door leading into the aftercastle that you saw the Captain and Keth walk into as the airship left Horizon.

Sadly for poor Rihaly she grew up among the Coral's crew from the first day they found her under a cabbage leaf. Since she could walk she had climbed the masthead and shared her childhood adventures with them. Stripey-shirt Blondie over there had dried her tears when her first crush had turned her down, and to see so many of them shaking their heads and looking disapproving simply broke her heart. Oh wait, no, this is the first time I've met any of these people. And I don't know their names. And I don't care whether they approve or not. Giving stripey-shirt a baleful glare at his look of condemnation, she is satisfied to see him turn away and follows her nose into the aftercastle, more intent on filling her mind than her stomach. After all the fish was delicious and spiced with new romance to boot. She can still taste Istar's lips, and a pleasant fizz bubbles in her heart. How can beef stew lure her away after that?

Looking around on entry to the aftercastle, she makes her way up by where Keth and the Captain were drinking, having a little nose around any charts or maps that happened to be out and trying to get a sense of where they were. At an appropriate break in their conversation she chimes in with, "Hi there, Captain Sir. We haven't been introduced; I'm Rihaly, the smaller and hungrier of your new rats and probably the one most likely to climb up your mast for the view." She dimples back at Istar, then returns her attention to the duo. "Only, I wondered if you could tell us where we were going? I'm a woman of many skills, but navigating by the sun and stars isn't one of them." She's also curious to hear more about what they'll do when they get there, but one thing at a time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back