Faerun awaits...

Peri rolls her eyes at Keth's comment and slides down the railing, her large coat billowing slightly behind her in the breeze coming up from the open deck below. She lands lightly on her feet beside the half-orc and elbows him in the hip, being too short to reach his ribs.

"Whatever. You could use some friends, you know. If anybody could stand the smell of your breath long enough."

She reached into the deep pocket of her coat and pulled out a sandwich, from which she took a large bite. It made an odd squelch-crunch noise as she chewed.

"So where's the boat?"

Istar shifted her feet to balance herself once Keth thudded down onto the deck , grimacing slightly. Before she could regail him with her excitement about the airship a very short , feminine figure dropped down beside him - a Halfling! If her keen hearing picked up what was said she didn’t acknowledge it , hurriedly - if still tater cautiously - running forth to meet the new team member. She didn’t feel the true love she might’ve hoped to when meeting a female Halfling , but she still hoped to be best friends with the new team member.

The Paladin eagerly extended her hand , keeping just enough decorum not to hug her and ruin the sandwich she was eating. If her smile was wide before , it was practically from ear to ear , more eager than ever. “It’s so wonderful to meet you! I’m Istar Valerys , I’m a Paladin of Corellon Larethian! I hail from High Forest! It’s so amazing to see a Halfling joining our team! I can’t wait to adventure with you , Er.. May I ask what your name is? I’m so sorry I didn’t ask that before!” If it wasn’t obvious before , her immediate liking of the new Halfling made it apparent that the young Elf absolutely adored the small-statuted race.

A small smile crept across Thaddeus' face as he gripped the halfling's hand and returned the shake. In his normal life, that sort of address would have been unacceptable, but after his interactions with Keth, this new adventurer was a welcome change (at least a change relative to Keth). He dropped his hand, took a deep breath, and smartly adjusted his armor and sword.

"I too stand ready to proceed to the boat. I apologize for my...overreaction. I was not expecting us to be up in the air."

The half-orc snorted and started to shake his head at Peri's comment about friends until it came to his breath. His brows furrowed and his nose scrunched up, turning his dour face even more so. "My breath?! Hmph!" While his breath and overall hygiene would not win him any beauty pageants he was cleaner then most common folk and certainly more then any orc a person would come across. It was when she produced the sandwich that raised an eyebrow and shook his head. "You still eating those? Look who's talking about breath."

As the longears ran excitedly to meet the Halfling Keth stepped around them and began walking away from the ladder and to the left. " When ya'll are ready, the Dragon is this way."

Now that they were all below the city proper they would be able to see stretching away and below a great distance, many leagues and certainly higher then either Thaddeus or Istar had ever been, lay the green lands, hills, rivers and forests of the Dalelands. At the next to nearest berth, about 50 or so yards away, a swift looking wooden vessel that could have been a schooner had it been on the water or sails for that matter. In fact the only about the vessel that fit the word ship was the shape of the hull, there were now oars or rudder, not even masts that you can recognize. Instead of sails on those missing masts there was a curious and intimidating ring of fire encompassing the middle of the ship supported by four massive wooden beams incased in an intricate lattice work of bronze.

The young Prince began to follow Keth, but paused for a moment after the half-orc spoke. "Surely 'the Dragon' is just the name of something. But...considering where we are...could it be an actual dragon? Am I prepared for this?" Thaddeus shook his head and brought himself back to reality, stepping quickly to catch up with Keth.

He couldn't help but look around in awe at the lands expanding before him. He had seen green meadows and rushing rivers plenty of times, but never from this angle, and it was truly breathtaking. Almost immediately, though, his eyes were drawn to the ship before him. Its hull appeared to be of incredible craftsmanship, but the rest of it was unfamiliar in every way. "Well, that's a lot of fire, so I'm going to assume this is 'the Dragon.' What a relief."

Peri side-eyed the elf approaching her so quickly, and took a step back to maintain her own personal space, and, sensing a high hug-risk, held up her free hand. Whoa there, don't forget to breathe! It's not like I'm going anywhere this moment. The halfling vanished the half-eaten sandwich back into an inside pocket, pushing her oversized coat out of the way to reach it. The coat is made from an old tapestry and an embroidered dragon tail reaches down her right arm, visible as she extends a hand. The name's Peri Underhill.

She glanced at Keth and rolled her eyes. So impatient, that one. And no respect for proper snacks.

Istar quirked her head a little as the new Halfling took a step back from her , though her smile remained just as wide. ‘Perhaps she’s shy?’ She kept her hand extended for a handshake , though. she was polite enough not to simply take her extended hand. After all , the young Paladin was well-mannered enough to be aware it was to forestall any physical contact , which was indeed what she intended as she had always loved embracing her friends - in fact , she was somewhat infamous for giving her friends very tight hugs back in her homelands.

The Elf was a little more confused by the Halfling woman’s reply , unsure of why her breathing would have anything to do with her introduction. It was rather evident she’d expected a more warm reception from a Halfling and wasn’t entirely sure how to react to Peri’s colder response , though it seemed very little could dampen her spirit despite that. She couldn’t avoid noticing how beautiful the cloak looked , with the dragon design embroidered onto it , making the Paladin believe it may have been created from a peice or art. As soon as the hand was offered she eagerly took it and gently gave it a shake , smiling very broadly. She was about to thank Peri for stating her - rather pretty , or so Istar thought - Name when the Halfling rolled her eyes and made an aside to Keth.

Given what Peri has to say about her Istar could only assume she needed to apologize , though she didn’t seem less eager for it. “I apologize if I interrupted your meal , Peri. I should’ve remembered that Halflings love to eat and waited to introduce myself until you had finished your food. I promise I’ll do my best to be less.. impatient? In the future.” She smiled broadly once again , giving Peri’s hand another shake. “Nevertheless , thank you so much for telling me your name! It’s going to be so wonderful working with you , Peri! I’m sure we’ll have incredible adventures together!”

Istar finally released her gentle grip on Peri’s hand and turned around , only to be greeted by the sight of the airship. It was absolutely stunning , sheathed in a ring of Fire supported by breathtakingly well-crafted bronze-clad posts - it was one of the most well-crafted items she’d ever seen , easily the most well-crafted in such a large scale. It was easy to see she was enthralled by the vessel , smiling extremely broadly in the same fashion she had introducing herself to Peri. She’s so incredible! She’s the most beautifully crafted ship I’ve ever seen! I can’t wait to board her , I’m sure simply walking along her deck feels incredible! The Dragon’s such a wonderful , incredible ship , Keth! Am I allowed to board her now? I can’t wait! This is the most incredible adventure I could ever be on! This is so wonderful!

The half orc approached the gang plank leading to the airship at a slight incline, with his left hand he began waving to someone standing on the entry ramp. "Oi! Picked up two more rats!" His tone was unchanged from what Thaddeus and Istar have come to know.

The man on the ramp stands with his arms folded across his thin chest, his tall form draped in a dark purple captains coat with dark brown knee high sea boots. "Great, two more bodies of wasted space on my ship." As the half orc walked up the ramp the man, who you could reasonably assume to be the Captain or at least someone in charge, blocks the way. "I bet they eat like starved hin and break everything they touch." His voice was like deep trumpet, clearly sounding from across the way. His visage was not pleasant, his skin appearing almost the same color of three day old oat meal, his eyes angry slits as he stared at Keth, a deep frown making his statuesque face seem longer then it should be.

"If they do, they're still better then the bunch of pirates and scum you call a crew." He waved to one of the crew that was sweeping the deck behind the man in the purple coat. "Hey Sam." Sam looks up waves and continues to sweep the deck.
Locking eyes with the man in the long purple coat, your team leader matches the man's stance.

The two stare in silence, each leaning subtly forward, hands resting comfortably on weapons, the tension so thick you could scoop it into a bowl with a spoon.
Just as it looked like they might be ready to strike each other the man speaks. "Did you bring the bottle?" The tone in his voice changed to a light and friendly one, a large and carefree smile fills the man's face. It's a smile that is on par with halflings when they are among good friends and good food.
"Only if you have cups." For once the half orc's voice seemed to have a lighter tone to it, which stands out as odd to your human and elf ears.
The man nods and winks slyly, waving to the group behind Keth. "Welcome aboard my lovely lady!" The pride in his voice unmistakable. Stepping aside and giving an elegant bow. "Please feel free to explore, the half-tusk and I need to discuss some things." Turning to crew he calls out a series of rapid orders, which seem to do with leaving the dock, all while walking to the rear of the ship, all of which culminate with. "Once they've cast off lines and let's get paid!"

Keth smiles and shakes his head as the man walks off. "Alright, take some time to look around, you'll find bunks below decks."

With that you are left standing on the deck as the crew effectively gets the ship free of the city. The fire ring surrounding the ship giving off a comfortable level of heat.

a31da93d4a9680d339ac191a5449862f-jpg.346173

The crew for the most part works around you both, none giving either of you more then a passing glance or to ensure you were not in the way of their individual task.
-----------------------
Thaddeus and Istar make a perception check.

Please feel free to post as you see fit, if you want to interact with the crew feel free to control them. The general crew are for the most part nameless NPC's. There will be a few that will be introduced in short order that I will control.

Once Keth was fully aboard the Airship Istar very quickly traversed the gangplank and boarded the ship , seeming to avoid the railings and stay towards the center of the deck. At first she assumed Keth and the owner - or at least Captain - of the ship had the same semi-hostile relationship the Half-Orc shared with nearly everyone save for perhaps the Halfling , given the gruff tone and harsh words shared between them. As soon as her Team Leader’s tone softened and the two started conversing in a very familiar and friendly manner. she tilted her head in surprise , shortly a very pleasantly surprised expression crossed her features. ‘Keth and The Captain are friends! Keth’s friends with someone! Now I know I’ll be able to be his friend , especially since he already has friends! This is wonderful!

The young Elf eagerly waved to the Ship’s captain and gave something of a short , eager bow. “The Dragon’s such a beautiful ship , sir. You should be very proud to be her Captain. She’s incredible!” Once the Team Leader and the Ship’s Captain left to speak one another she turned back to Thaddeus with an incredibly wide smile gracing her features. “Come on Thaddeus , let’s find someone who can tell us more about her! She’s so amazing isn’t she? This is the most amazing ship I’ve ever seen!” Instead of simply darting away she , while still incredibly eager , took very careful and measured steps towards the person who was controlling the ship’s wheel , eagerly introducing herself. “Hello! I’m Istar Valerys , I’m a Paladin of Corellon Larethian! May I ask what your name is? It must be wonderful to helm such a beautiful vessel as the Dragon is! How does she fly , if I may ask? She’s so incredible!”

————————————————
Perception Check : Roll(1d20)+3: 20+3 , Total:23

Last edited:
Thaddeus paused as the captain appeared at the top of the gang plank. He'd never seen the man before, but the Captain's appearance and demeanor immediately brought to mind his harshest teachers. When he heard the man speak, he subconsciously reached his right hand across to cover his left, the tone bringing back a dull ache in his knuckles as he remembered what happened when he didn't pay attention.

After the Captain and Keth exchanged...pleasantries?...Thaddeus walked up the gang plank and stood proud and tall. He looked around the ship, his mind racing as he tried to take it all in, while trying to maintain his outward calm.
--------------------------------------
Perception check
Roll(1d20)+4:
14,+4
Total:18

Once the others had moved away (Finally! A little personal space!) Peri yawned widely, shrugged her shoulders to adjust her enormous coat (so that the dragon rolled into prominence on her back, of course), and ambled aboard the ship behind the other two. Once there, she leaned over the riggings to look downward, then peered off into the sky. It was as if she was looking for something, but after a moment, she shook her head and meandered across the ship's deck.

Noticing that one of the crew has abandoned a hunk of cheese, Peri starts to reach for it, but then withdraws her hand and reaches deep into her own pocket, producing another sandwich. This one seems to be more cheese than bread, and she takes a large bite. Humming to herself, and carefully keeping herself across the deck from her new companions, she weaves around the ship's crew as they go about readying the ship.

Istar acknwowledged the Captain’s conspicuously graceful movements with a slight tilt of her head , unsure how a ship’s captain had almost Elvish reflexes. Once she investigated further she noticed that his teeth were unusually sharp , as if they’d been filed to points on purpose. It wasn’t until he started to stride away that she had an , admittedly wild , guess as to his true nature. ‘He’s a werewolf! He’s got sharp teeth , and he’s scruffy looking , and he’s graceful! He has to be! He does look somewhat like the werewolf I met in High Forest. He might be trying to keep it a secret - I think I’ll not tell anyone unless he does , just in case he doesn’t appreciate that I know what he is. Though I’d never dislike him for something so meaningless as his species.

Shortly after the eager young Paladin asked her questions of the helmsman she noticed that Thaddeus hadn’t accompanied her as she’d expected he did , looking around with a slightly confused , sheepish expression. “If you’ll pardon me for a moment , I seem to have forgotten my comrade. I’ll return very shortly and we can continue conversing.” With that she slowly walked back towards the gangplank’s location , finding Thaddeus almost exactly where she left him. She noticed Peri keeping a distance from them , and while she would’ve loved to bring her along she knew that may merely make the Halfling angry with them.

Instead , Istar reached out and gently patted the human’s arm , trying to gain his attention without startling him. “Are you alright , Prince Thaddeus? I was starting to converse with the helmsman and I noticed you weren’t with me , though I invited you to follow me. I assumed you may wish to hear how this incredible ship flies , Your Grace - I know I certainly am!” Her pale features were graced with a very eager , toothy smile , a tone her voice more than matched. “She’s so wonderful , isn’t she? She’s the most incredible ship I’ve ever seen! This is going to be such an amazing adventure!”

The Captain's features had Thaddeus' full attention. Any bad memories the Prince had related to his training increased exponentially upon his realization that there was something less than human about this man. "I'd best not run afoul of him. I suspect I wouldn't like the outcome."

Thaddeus saw Istar approaching the moment before she touched his arm, and he started slightly. It grabbed his attention and broke his train of thought. He smiled broadly at the Paladin's words. "Istar! My sincerest apologies, I was taking in everything on this ship, to say nothing of the Captain, and I didn't hear you call my name. I would be most intrigued to hear more about this ship. I've seen remarkable things in my father's stables and at his docks, but nothing like this." His words were kind and sincere, and as he spoke his enthusiasm increased as well. "Excellent idea to speak to the helmsman - if anyone knows how this ship works, it will be him! You're right - this is going to be quite the adventure. With this amazing vessel, there's nothing we can't do!"

The young Prince glanced up towards the helm, and gestured for Istar to lead the way.

Istar nodded in understanding , knowing that the magnificent airship was certainly a sight to take in. A concerned expression briefly colored her features when he started , though of course her usual eager , friendly demeanor replaced any worry she had over startling him very quickly. Her eager smile widened at his praise , appreciating his compliments - especially as it seemed he was the only person she’d met thus far on this adventure that would have such a favorable opinion of her without her having to convince them of her skill. She enjoyed seeing that at least one of her new comrades shared her eager wonder for this new adventure , though she knew that was likely because herself and the human were new to Nameless Intent where Keth and Peri were longtime veterans - though it was difficult to imagine Keth ever behaving as eager and friendly as she did.

Regardless , the adventurous Paladin quickly responded to him , starting to walk off as she talked. If he paid careful enough attention he’d notice her steps were very measured and careful , and how she avoided the railings as much as she could and still follow the path she needed to follow to arrive at the helm. “There’s nothing to apologize for , Your Grace! I understand that the sheer wonder of this ship takes time to process. Thank you for sharing my eagerness , and thank you very , very much for the compliments. I can’t wait to see what our first task is - it’ll be wonderful working with you! Do you want to be my friend , Thaddeus?”

As seemed typical for her the eager young Elf arrived back at the helm before Thaddeus could answer , though of course to her that didn’t preclude an answer from him. If anything , she thought quickly introducing him to the Helmsman wouldn’t interrupt his possible acceptance of her offer of friendship. It wasn’t as if the Helmsman would care if they were friends. “Hello again! Thank you for being patient. May I introduce you to Prince Thaddeus Perceval Armbrister the Fourth , Fifth Earl of Dalington and Second Viscount of Sternshire. He’s the one we were waiting on. Now , again , may I inquire as to how the ship flies? I’m sure it must be something just as wonderful and incredible as the Dragon herself is!”

Last edited:
(Perception check:
Roll(1d20)+4:
16,+4
Total:20)

Thaddeus grinned as the Paladin began talking and walked away without ever missing a beat. Even in a short time, he had grown to expect Istar's energy and excitement, and knew she welcomed answers even as she kept going. As she walked away, he noticed her stepping deliberately and carefully towards the helm. "I can't say I blame her. I don't know anything about this ship, and it's best to be cautious until I do." He quickly glanced down at the brooch pinned to the inside of his gauntlet. "Not that I don't trust Keth's word that this will save us, but I'd rather not test it."

He quickly followed behind Istar, and managed to keep his stride at her unexpected question. The Prince had always been surrounded by people - servants, classmates, other nobles, soldiers in his unit - but true friendship always seemed to not be part of his life. "Well, this is an adventure, and we're actually equals in Nameless Intent. She certainly seems genuine." "I would be honored to be your friend, Istar! It's not every day one gets the chance to be friends with a noble Paladin."

The Prince caught up to Istar and extended his hand to the helmsman as she finished speaking. "She does have my name correct. Pleasure to meet you. I too am interested to hear how this vessel functions. It is a fascinating and beautiful ship."

Peri watched the two taller members of her new group make their way to the helm and speak to the helmsman. She took another bite of her sandwich, halfway hoping that someone might trip on the rigging. While not very experienced with sailing, she was comfortable around ropes and sailcloth and enjoyed the feeling of the wind on her face as she leaned back against the railing that ended right at the back of her head. There were advantages to a smaller stature, after all.

The halfling shifted herself slightly to her own left, so that she was a little bit closer to the fiery ring supporting the ship, enjoying its warmth. She glanced over her shoulder to the open skies a few more times, her expression nearly expectant. After several minutes, she sighed deeply and began casually sauntering across the deck to see if there was anywhere that might warrant exploration.

"Where has Stinkbreath Keth gotten himself to, now?" she muttered to herself.

The crew for the most part works around you both, none giving either of you more then a passing glance or to ensure you were not in the way of their individual task.

Soon enough the airship is free of its mooring and floating free of Horizon, and slowly the city moves away, first up as the Dragon's Coral sinks beneath it, then slowly beginning to float away as you make head way.

Floating-Cities.jpg

(Minus the Dragons)

On the ship and away from the city the breeze turns into strong gusts of wind, the ship swaying slightly under your feet. Not quite like a ship at sea, but you can feel the winds move the airship in its currents. The most of the crew has left main deck, a few have taken to lounging against rails or standing around the central raised platform that servers at the helm; a half elf in a red vest and green leggings under light brown capris and a blue skinned man in a cream colored tunic under a black waistcoat with black and white striped pantaloons stand out amongst the human crew near the great wheel.

The half elf smiles at you Istar as you speak, giving you a courteous dip of his head and to Thaddeus he gives a formal bow, keeping one hand on the great wheel. "Vedui' aina' Ohtar, Elen síla lúmenn' omentielvo." As he stands he places both hands on the wheel and looks ahead briefly. "Your Grace it is an honor to meet you." The blue skinned man simply nods in a courteous fashion to both of you, before speaking to the half-elf. "Keep us straight on this bearing for the remainder of the day." And then steps onto the aft railing, the one at the back of the raised platform, and steps off of it and into the air, as if it were solid. Or it seems that way as he lightly lands on the deck not far from the platform facing you and disappears from view below the platform you are standing on. "Milady, the Dragon's Coral flies by the power of the fire ring you see around it."

Peri you meander around the deck, watching the crew busy themselves with the ship and the few puffy white clouds as they lazily pass by when you hear a familiar tenor voice. "Hello, cousin." You know this is the friend you met just recently and had hoped to see here. "This is quite an contraption you have."
-------------------------
Istar, and Thaddeus if he speaks elvish, this is the translation: Greetings holy Warrior, a star shines on the hour of our meeting.

Roll either a general Intelligence check or a knowledge(planes) check to try and identify the blue skinned man.

Istar was beyond overjoyed that the Price accepted her offer of friendship , almost squealing with delight. “Thank you! It’s so wonderful that you wish to be my friend , your Grace! I never expected a member of a Royal House would desire to be my friend! Thank you for considering me so noble! I’ve never had a friend that could fully be my peer as you , this’ll be so wonderful!” She reached out to hug him before remembering now wasn’t particularly the time for that , not wanting to cut off the Helmsman’s response much further nor any introduction Thaddeus may make on his own behalf. As she turned around she noticed the receding city of Horizon with a wondrous expression. To her , it looked as if a city had been ripped from the ground itself and sent to float in the sky , a sight both beautiful and intriguing. After gazing upon it for a long moment - in which she heard Thaddeus speak to the Helmsman as well - she turned her emerald-eyed gaze back to the Prince and the Helmsman.

The eager young Elf’s attention being focused on her Royal new friend meant she didn’t notice the distinctive Half-Elven features of the rather boldly dressed crewman , the realization bringing her even more joy. She seemed doubly overjoyed to hear his use of her native tongue. “Diola lle! ta naa oio y' seasa oment- er en' amin nosse ette en' taurn taure! Lotesse Corellon vara lle!” She tilted her head slightly as the blue-skinned man walked past , trying to figure out what species he could’ve been. If she’d met such a person before she couldn’t recall it instantly , though she knew she’d yet to see much of the wider world and it’s various inhabitants.

The adventitious young Paladin looked to the flaming ring with nothing short of sheer wonder as the Half-Elf indicated it as the source of the ship’s flight. “That’s so incredible! It’s some form of magic powering it , I take it? The Dragon’s Coral is such a beautful name for such a wonderful vessel! It must be so wonderful to helm such an amazing vessel! And there’s no need to address me so formally. We’re equals , aren’t we? Elven Kind outside of our homelands exploring the world , seeing all it’s wonders? Besides , I’ve never had the need for my comrades - especially my equal comrades - to use any of my formal titles outside of strictly ceremonial situations.”

—————————————————
Elvish translation : Thank you! It is ever a pleasure to meet one of my kin outside of High Forest! May Corellon protect you!

Intelligence check: Roll(1d20)+3: 2+3 , Total:5

Last edited:
Peri stops in her tracks and a wide grin breaks across her face like a summer sunrise. "Cousin! I am so glad to see you! I thought I might miss you when we had to leave earlier than I realized." She holds out her arm in a friendly gesture. "It seems I have some business to attend to, but my guess is that you are not likely to want to join us?" Peri's smile falters, but she shakes her head before her friend can really reply and instead spins around to show off the oversized coat she wears.

"Did you see what I had made? I thought it was rather dashing!" With her back to her friend, she extends her arms, demonstrating the full length of the tapestry dragon splayed across the back of the coat. The red and gold material falls around her and as the breeze catches the side of it, a row of pockets in various shapes and sizes can just be glimpsed inside of it.

"I don't even need a backpack, most of the time. Almost everything fits into my pockets! Though I keep my sandwich pouch within easy reach, of course!" Peri reaches into one of the pockets and produces a sandwich, which she offers to her friend. This is the most anyone has probably seen her smile up to this point.

Thaddeus smiled at the helmsman, and nodded politely. Internally, he was happy his father had insisted on the Prince's proficiency in Elvish - very useful for royal dealings, and in this moment. Since the comment wasn't directed towards him, he decided not to respond to it, but did to the one directed at him. "Thank you, good sir. A pleasure to meet you as well."

"The ship is a true marvel. I've never seen anything like this."
He looked over his shoulder. "Nor anything like that. I've seen small flying posts, but never a city of that size. And we're moving at quite a clip! I imagine we could reach anywhere in the realms with all due haste." He turned back to the helmsman. "Does she require any special skills to steer, or does she operate like a sailing ship?"

As Thaddeus asked, he looked at blue skinned man, and watched as he vanished from sight. The young prince felt a twinge of recognition - in his father's court perhaps? - but couldn't place it.
------------------------------------------------------
Intelligence check:
Roll(1d20)+2:
13,+2
Total:15

Istar you do not recall having ever met anyone like him or heard of his kind before. Thaddeus you however recall the word Genasi comes to your mind, specifically Air Genasi. A memory from your training days comes to mind and the voice of one of your teachers imparts to you "Genasi are beings that are descended from elemental-related outsiders from other planes....There are four types of genasi, one for each element..."

The half elf smiles and gives Istar a friendly wink. "Formality and politeness are often the same, milady." His hands adjusting the Great Wheel a touch before he grabs two lengths of rope with loops tied in the ends, setting them over spokes he was holding. "Being courteous can never hurt. Besides, I'm a half bastard." His broad smile does not waiver in the slightest "But you are correct, it is a mighty magic that keeps her aloft," His left hand points to the flaming ring. "While I do not understand it, I'm told it is linked to the elemental plane of fire." Looking to Thaddeus he nods a bit, resting against the railing as the the ship flies through the air. "She handles very much like her sea going cousins, but the air moves differently from water, so it takes some skill and practice to learn to handle her." His left hand begins fiddling with a length of rope that serves as his belt. "Afore I flew the banner of the Masked Sword, I was a salty sea dog under a..." He pauses to give exaggerated thoughtful expression. "Lets just say an open minded sea going merchant with no scruples about where the supplies came from." The half-elf gives a rather telling wink as his grin becomes very mischievous.

Peri you see your friend return your smile, matching it a bit to uncannily, but you get the sense he is genuinely happy. "It looks absolutely splendid on you cousin!" He takes a moment to lean in and look at the former tapestry. "I had not noticed the workmanship before." His appraising eye moves to the offered sandwich, his hand moves to accept the gift. "And with such a clever use of the Weave." Without questioning the contents of the food he takes a bite and chews thoughtfully, nodding his head as he eats. "That is a coat fit for my collection." Speaking through the food as he had seen done by the crew and denizens of Horizon. "Perhapfs won day itwill be." Peri you know that having a dragon admire something and complement the owner about it is in fact great praise.

Istar wrinkled her nose slightly as her mind couldn’t quite find a name for the blue-skinned man’s species or any recognition of having met one like him before , although that didn’t lessen the broadly eager smile that could’ve been mistaken for the way her face rested with how often her new team mates had seen the expression grace her features. Thaddeus’ questions brought an intrigued raise of her brows , rather happy her friend was rather apparently highly intelligent and inquisitive , too , just as she herself was. Unfamiliar with ships and their workings she hadn’t thought to ask that , so she enjoyed that the human had thought to ask them.

The young Paladin’s entire attention span turned sharply onto the Half-Elf as he answered her and her friend’s questions , transfixed by the knowledge he was sharing with her. As ever , she was polite enough to wait until he had finished speaking - or she thought he had , anyway - to speak herself. She tried to match his formality , and while her years of training did help her sheer eagerness still managed to make her seem much too excitable for the typically sedate court settings she was supposed to excel at navigating. “I understand , Helmsman! Formality and courteousness can often take similar forms , although I have frequently noted one can be courteous without being formal. Do not feel compelled to call me ‘milady’ if you do not wish to. Istar is more than satisfactory for me , I assure you! And your status matters nothing to me. I’m not especially high born myself - but for Corellon himself choosing me as his Paladin I would not possess the standing that I do. Social standing matters little to me unless those I’m Interacting with believe it does themselves - I’d much rather us all be equals! If I may ask , is there any formal title , or name , you wish me to refer to you by , as you seem to refer to me by my own?”

The eager , friendly young Elf looked at the ring of fit around the ship with sheer wonderment. “That’s so wonderful! The Dragon is the most wonderful ship in all the realms , and she’s so beautiful too! It’s so amazing that she draws on fire magic to keep herself aloft! I must admit I’m not quite familiar enough with the sea to fully grasp all the subtle differences a sea-going vessel and an absolutely magnificent Airship such as the Dragon May have traveling , however would I be correct in assuming she experiences less resistance moving through the air? Is she faster than an equivalent vessel may be traveling the waves?” She tilted her head to the side in curiosity for a moment before grasping what the Helmsman was implying , not bothered in the least that her new friend had a somewhat less lawful past than she did. It seemed she judged no-one , even Half-Orcs and half-bastard Pirates. “I’m so glad you have you at the helm! I’m certain you’re wonderfully skilled! If ever we come across danger I have the upmost certainty you could guide her - and therefore is - to safety before any harm could befall the Dragon or any of her passengers!”

"Genasi...right..." Thaddeus muttered to himself as the blue-skinned man passed by. He turned his attention back to the helmsman, and nodded politely as he absorbed the new information. While piracy wasn't his preferred method of acquisition, he had dealt with enough merchants (many scarcely more than pirates themselves) to understand that the world took all types to function.

He had a comment for the helmsman, but had been around Istar long enough to know that trying to speak before her was fruitless. The young Prince couldn't suppress a slight grin as his instinct proved correct. Once she finished speaking, he paused for a second, then turned to the paladin. "An excellent observation, Istar! I suspect you are right - air provides far less resistance than water, so I imagine a far lighter touch is required to steer the Dragon than her seafaring cousins." He turned to the helmsman. "Do you know where we are going, perchance? Or how long our journey will be?"

And so the first evening in the air played out quietly, the crew were friendly enough and humored most questions and conversation that came their way. Keth and the Captain spent the majority of the day and evening in the Captain Quarters, drinking and catching up mostly and discussing the job a little. Peri and her "cousin" were seen together for a short time after the ship had gotten underway, but by nightfall her "cousin" was no where to be seen. In actuality they hammered out more the pre-existing bargain, and set the groundwork for a lasting friendship.

Once the airship cleared the clouds the temperature in general rose to a comfortable chill, where a cloak wrapped around you would be sufficient.

Throughout that first evening and following day Istar and Thaddeus learned much about the ship and how it worked and how she and her Master(The Captain) came into the service of the Nameless Intent. The ring of fire was no ordinary fire, it was not even a spell as such. It was living fire harnessed from the elemental planes and gladly provided propulsion for the craft, in exchange for being able to consume the basics any flame requires: fuel. Whether it was wood, cloth, the odd bird that got to close.

The Captain told finally the Dragon has been his to command for several years, and was in fact the reason NI choose him too join their ranks. He had been a merchant/pirate of some note and was climbing in (local to Waterdeep anyways) renown when he had been approached about a chance to increase his spectrum of clients.

Istar and Keth maintained a polite professional attitude, despite their personal feelings towards or about the other. The half-orc seemed to hold more resentment towards the elf and anyone else. He was friendly with the half-elf, the rest of the crew (humand and non-human alike), and even with the dwarf own ran the galley. And while the Chef was very friendly the halfling rogue found a way into his good graces years ago.

As to the specifics of the job not much more was learned, not because information was being withheld. But simply because there was not much to go on, it seemed like a simple enough job. Go to an old manor house and retrieve an ornate ruby necklace and a treasure map. A bonus would be added to the standard contract if treasure were recovered.

It has been two full days and is midday of the third when the group finds the ship descending into the rolling hills a few miles north of Tsurlagol in Impiltur.

HK Fifty HK Fifty Bramtic Bramtic Peri Underhill Peri Underhill

Istar was nothing short of astonished at the sheer wonderment of the Dragon’s Coral , constantly commenting on how incredible she was. From another it may have seemed to be disingenuous sycophantry , but everything about her practically broadcast genuine wonderment and joy in potentially excessive amounts. And after all , that a flying ship was powered by living fire was something she could’ve only imagined before. She seemed to be perhaps annoyingly persistent in learning as much as she could , listening very intently - and naturally very eagerly - to anything the airship’s crew had to say about her.

It was likely this very eagerness that had made the young Paladin irritating to Keth , so far as she could understand. (Racism as a concept was alien to her , and she wouldn’t have considered it unless it was expressly stated). Ever the optimist , she still hoped to be his friend sooner rather than later - she was nothing if not endlessly optimistic. She also hadn’t shown him any of her skills or abilities yet either , and hoped perhaps proving herself in their true mission would engender more respect for her , if perhaps not a friendship as she desired. That he was friends with the Halfling gave her hope , however , though the Halfling didn’t have much favor for her either so far as she could tell.

Perhaps foolishly , the curious Elf hadn’t asked as much about her mission , though seeing as how there was little to tell she might’ve had the correct idea. She was somewhat spontaneous , however , so the lack of information seemingly didn’t perturb her in the least. If anything , it made her all the more excited about her forthcoming adventure , eager to see her curiously satiated. She was absolutely certain that it was going to be perfect , eagerly telling everyone about how overjoyed she was that such a wonderful adventure was so close to being reality for her.

Therefore , it was very clear why Istar woke so early. As of now she’d been awake for nearly 6 hours , despite it only having just reached midday. She had her ever-present brilliant smile gracing her pale features , her emerald eyes alit with joy. She seemed to have very , very high levels of energy no matter what she may have been engaged in , almost like she was pure energy herself. At the moment she was standing in the middle of the deck cautiously gazing around - she didn’t like the heights at which the airship flew , despite her undaunted eagerness for nearly everything - to see if she could find her destination. “I can’t wait for my adventure , it’s going to be so incredible!” None of the crewmembers - or her comrades for that matter - were likely to assume she was speaking to them , seeing as how she had clearly demonstrated a habit of voicing her thoughts aloud.

Peri Underhill Peri Underhill Grim Wraithe Stjerna Grim Wraithe Stjerna Bramtic Bramtic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back