• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Faded Promises of New Rome [Fallout: New Vegas]

GorillaSuit

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
“For no matter what they made of him, Caesar Augustus always knew that he was nothing but mere mortal."
― Emmanuel Onimisi

Vulpes Inculta; the fox that stalks through the desert sands with shining eyes glimmering in the darkness. He is always watching, always observing with sharp pale eyes and an inscrutable countenance. Despite his efficiency, and despite the legends of the title...he is not the first one to hold the title of Vulpes Inculta, for he was far too young to be the same Vulpes Inculta that enslaved the Twisted Hairs tribe so long ago. No-- his name was earned through preservation, wit, and blood. He had clawed his way up from nothing and had become a prodigy among Caesar's Legion. Lord Caesar had seen into his soul like no one else had, had seen his value and the light behind his eyes, he had outstretched an olive branch when no one else would. The son of Mars had saved him from crucifixion, and it was a debt that Vulpes would repay with the spilled blood of Lord Caesar's enemies.
However, self-identity is a fragile thing. Especially when you base your entire sense of worth on a society built by a man who lies. Their promise of New Rome is crumbling, and the world keeps turning- the universe apathetic to the rise and fall of empires.

Hello! GorillaSuit here with another Fandom RP idea, since Fallout: New Vegas has decided to bully me and take my lunch money. XD I would love to play as Vulpes Inculta. Yes, that dog-head man that you meet in Nipton. Yes, one of the only characters in the game with 'very evil' karma!

However-- I would love love to do a roleplay that has a Vulpes redemption arc! It will be a long-term goal, and it will be hard fought for. Just like in real life, there will be some backsliding, there will be moments of doubt. What I CRAVE is a roleplay that delves deep into the worldbuilding of Fallout: New Vegas. Something that fleshes out the Legion. Something that has gripping character interactions and engaging emotional turmoil. I want to delve deep into the characters' heads and feel what they are feeling.

What I would REALLY love is a Vulpes Inculta/Arcade Gannon RP with romance being implemented eventually, I have read various fics on AO3 such as "You Say 'Jump'" and the idea of these two together with their opposing viewpoints and ideals has got me spinning. I would love it if you would be willing to satisfy this craving, but alas I understand it is a very niche ship in an already niche fandom- so you are not required to play as Arcade Gannon specifically. (But I will love you forever and ever if you indulge me in my crazy ship, plus I will be willing to double whatever other character you might want!) Other canon characters or original characters are welcome!

I write in the third-person point of view, past tense. My writing tends to focus on the thoughts and emotions of my characters. I write two to three paragraphs at least and tend to go heavier when I am playing background characters when needed. I would prefer if you could pick up some too, and help flesh out the world around us!

There are various different ways the plot could unfold, and I would love to discuss it with you! Hope to see you soon! Ciao!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back