• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Faded Dreams

Silver Pansy

The silverest of all the pansies
Hello! This is my first thread but I'm being kind of ambitious so tell me if I'm doing something wrong. First off, what I had in mind was a freeformish, high-causal to low-detailed rp, meaning at least two well written paragraphs. If that hasn't scared you off yet then the next thing is that I don't care how many people want to join, the more the merrier in fact, but each person can only have a maximum of two characters.

Now, for the part everyone loves, rules:

1. nothing too mature, violence and a bit of gore is acceptable but nothing sexual

2. romance is okay put the rp isn't centered on that

3. no godmodding, bunnying, etc. you get the idea

4. cursing is allowed but don't overdo it

5. please, please be at least semi-literate. A few misplaced commas or misspelled words is fine but make it understandable

If you have any questions feel free to ask, I'm sure there's something I'm going to miss

• Humans: They are versatile, adaptable, and well integrated all across the world. Individually they are weak, but they have taken the term "strength in numbers" to heart and build on that. They aren't naturally attuned to any kind of magic, but to help them survive in the harsh reality they live in they have found ways integrate all forms of magic into various objects in which they use to their advantage. For the most part, they are excusive to the Continent but have it thoroughly inhabited, there is, however, a small, reclusive group on the Drifting Isle. Most live in small villages scattered across the land or as part of the omnipresent King's Army. The few who choose to survive on their own don't last long.

Elementals: Humans classify anything sentient that is not human as a demon, but that's just a general term for the three kinds one may see within their life time. Elementals are generally strong willed and bow to no one, though individual personality of course differs from one to the other. Each has an affinity to one element and one element only, the five being earth, water, fire, air, and plants. One may be born with a specialty though and have a specific section of that element like ice or sand. If an Elemental does have a sub-element, they can only loosely control the base and one that is not born using a sub-element can't learn to use one. For the most part all Elementals are women, and while there are some males they are rare (I'll only be allowing one male Elemental in this RP, it's whoever makes the best character, not first come, first serve. Sub-elements are also rare so I won't allow more than two for each base.) They live almost indefinitely and their place of origin is Land Ring Island (most people just refer to it as The Ring).

Monsters: Another kind of demon, they're characterized by an almost unrealistic amount of physical strength. They're mostly men (the same as male Elementals applies to female Monsters) and have a strong resistance to the cold. Their place of origin is the Winter Desert, but most are found in the northern part of human territory. They were built to survive even the most extreme of natural circumstances, and in addition to their strength are also fast healing and ridiculously hard to break in the first place. They are entirely carnivorous and have the wickedly sharp teeth to prove. They don't need to eat much though and can go up to a month without food before instinct kicks in and they go into a feeding frenzy. They're a lot more instinctual and beast like than any other species and it's best to get the hell away from one that looks hungry. While they generally avoid eating anything sentient, self preservation comes first.

Draftlings: They're very rare in and of themselves, the process to creating one specific though still hard to define. The aren't born, like most other demons, but are instead created when the soul itself is forced to change. They can start out as anything before and keep those abilities when they change, though most were originally human. In order to become a Draftling, one has to have been born and raised until their eighteenth year on the Drifting Isle. After that, it's entirely up to fate, and not many people do become one, even if they meet all other requirements. When they become one, they gain an ability completely unique to them, no one knows what theirs will be until they get it, just that it can never be completely the same as anyone else's.

There's not really a plot of any kind, this will be more about building up this world with unique characters. Anything could happen, what exactly, will have to wait until there are more people to discuss this with. There is not a character sheet yet, that will go up when I knew other people will be joining.

Just out of curiosity, are the demons that the army is hunting down the monster class? And with that said, is the monster class inclined to be on the side against the army?

While monsters are more inclined to draw attention to themselves, the main premise is that all kinds of demons are heavily discriminated against and feared for what they are. If the army has reason to suspect you are a demon, whether you are hostile or not or even a demon at all hardly matters, they will do their jobs and either kill you or recruit you.

There isn't really a side that's against the Army, you may create one if you want to, there isn't a lot of history to hold you back from whatever you want to do (if you decide to join anyway)

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright, thanks for the reply! I just wanted to get that cleared up, but I'd definitely like to partake within the monster class when this is created

Users who are viewing this thread

Back