• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Fables

JGamer502

*HONKING NOISES*

gRYNKKd.png

Once upon a time, there existed a world much different than our own. A dimension where all creations of our human minds come to life and coexist with one another, where the greatest figures of fiction, history and myth all appear as more real than you can ever see them. The Homelands was it's name, a world holding a collection of lands and kingdoms acting as a home to these creations of human fiction, the Fables. Though all seemed peaceful in the coexistence between Fables in the Homelands, the story is much darker than it seems through the storytelling of the humans, as a dark evil began brewing within, a force that will bring about a calamity to the Homelands.

An alliance of sorts between some of the most powerful, and even some of the most malicious beings within the Homeland was formed, Curator Covenant. Lead by a being simply known as the Prime Administrator, nobody knows their true identity. What was certain however, was the danger. As the Prime Administrator's allies spread the Covenant's influence, the entirety of the Homelands was overtaken, forcing the enslavement of some Fables, and even some executions. However, a death of a Fable is very difficult to achieve, as the Exodus Event took place in order to save them. Exiled from their Homelands, the remaining Fables that did not follow the Covenant were forced to flee to the other neighboring world, the Human World.

Known to them as Mundys, the Fables had to adapt to their new life style alongside the Mundys, having to blend in and hide their true identities and magical abilities. As multiple smaller facilities and communities were spread across the world by Fables, the largest and most popular is Fabletown, found within New York of the USA. With a rich history dating back to the 1700's, Fabletown is known as a sort of sanctuary for Fables, the only place where they can be with one another in the Mundy world. Though it can also be a prison, as ome Fables have a harder time blending in with Mundy society, having to use Glamours, magic spells that activate shape-shifting, in order to hide their true form as something not very human. Those that can't afford a Glamour however are forced to relocate and live within a facility called The Farm.

Seeking to retreat from the chaos ensued by the Curator Covenant, it's no surprise that the evil would follow them Within Fabletown, crime and corruption spread as other malevolent Fables existed as well, some gaining a much darker story in the city. Drugs, murder, theft, prostitution, it all seemed like a curse to the Fables. Some even theorize that the Curator Covenant still exist within Fabletown...

So this is an idea I had for a roleplay about the Fables universe. Fables is a comic series published by Vertigo of DC Comics, though it's also famous for it's own TellTale Game, The Wolf Among Us. To put it simply, they are a lot like Once Upon a Time, in which it's about characters from various forms of fiction (specifically story books) living in the real, human world, but a lot of differences can be pointed out. For one, the Fables know they are from a story book, in a sense, and the characters are usually taken from the more original sources rather than being Disney-fied like they are in OUaT (however, for the sake of simplicity, I will allow these 'Disney versions' of any characters, but note that I do like creativity in twisting characters to be more darker or more serious in a sense). If you are familiar with the Fables series, then you may notice I'm changing quite a bit from the original series for my roleplay universe. This is for the sake of allowing new roleplayers to ease in, as the original Fables series is very complex and allowing this new fresh slate can allow more characters to be played and created. Another feature I haven't mentioned yet is the Fables Classification system, which I'll be showing through a collection of tabs below.

• The most common of the Fables, obviously through their name, and the largest population. All Fables as an entirety are very hard to kill (through immortality in the sense of never aging, and in general just being super hard to kill as they can survive an axe to the head through some recovery and medical attention), and all seem to be capable of some form of magic or other kind of ability. The ordinary Fables consist of characters coming from various myths, stories, folklore, nursery rhymes, and even (obviously) fables from all over the world. Ranging from the mayor of Fabletown, Snow White, to the sheriff Bigby "Big Bad" Wolf. Others include the Three Little Pigs, Little Boy Blue, and many others. Some Fables however are still active within the Mundy World, ranging from some mythological gods, primordial forces such as Death/Grim Reaper, or other figures such as Santa Claus, Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy.

• Some Fables are also prone to bearing children with Mundys, passing on some of their mystical Fable traits and creating a Demi-Fable (or "Demis/Half-Mundys). Some of these Demis are created through other means, such as some Mundys having so much interaction with Fables that they can be considered a major character associated with them, being Fableized (Lilo from Lilo & Stitch for example, though this trait of being a Fableized Mundy is more prone for Obscures.

Any questions are welcome, especially on the classes in case I didn't explain them right! The reason behind these classes is to allow more character possibilities. Before, the Fables were simply limited to characters from stories, myths and nursery rhymes. Using these classifications, we can now have characters as strange from George Washington to Big Foot, Uncle Sam to the Joker, Etc.

EDIT: Added a few more things to the description of the Historicals and of Demi-Fables that I forgot.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was a big fan of the TWAU game, and I'm pretty excited for this to appear. The descriptions that you put up there is very helpful, especially since you're giving an opportunity to create 'diverse' type of characters instead of just labelling them as Fables in general.

Anywho, I'm interested ovo. The storyline sounds like fun to try and solve, heh.

I have a lot more plot planned for the roleplay involving the more crime drama style, the stuff I outlined about the Curator Covenant in the Homelands was just a little origin. Glad to hear your interest by the way!

I'm very interested in this! I'm a huge fan of the Fables series and am planning on getting the Telltale game soon. I'd gladly join this!

Can I play a Kitsune? It's actually a character I created for a tabletop roleplaying group in real life that also took place in the Fables universe.

HuorSpinks said:
I'm very interested in this! I'm a huge fan of the Fables series and am planning on getting the Telltale game soon. I'd gladly join this!
Can I play a Kitsune? It's actually a character I created for a tabletop roleplaying group in real life that also took place in the Fables universe.
Ooo, a Kitsune sounds interesting! You're more than welcome to play that character!

Also, if I get at least 2 more people to point interest I'll create the roleplay thread either today or tomorrow.

I am most certainly interested! Although my knowledge of the comics is limited, TWAU is by far my favorite game from Telltale.

@JGamer502

Yay, can't wait!

During that time, I shall rehash my memory of the Fables series by playing Wolf Among Us, which I bought an exact hour after my previous post, due to Steam sales.

@JGamer502[/URL]
Yay, can't wait!

During that time, I shall rehash my memory of the Fables series by playing Wolf Among Us, which I bought an exact hour after my previous post, due to Steam sales.
No worries on knowledge with the comics, the reason for the major changes in the backstory of Fables as stated in the beginning is to allow people to easily get in the RP, so you can make any character to fit in Fabletown (or any other part of the world)!

@JGamer502

Perfect! I'm thinking about possibly doing a Demi-Fable/Mundy as the daughter of the Pied Piper of Hamelin.

Barbas said:
Is the RP going to take place near the Christmas season?
It can, but I was thinking it should probably take place after the holiday season, more towards New Years. I wanna do this since starting with it being based around Christmas is a bit iffy for the beginning of the plot I got.

Nice! I was hoping for Fables rps! I'd love to join when it's up!

I'm a bit over halfway through the comics and I've played TWAU a million times

Would it be possible to play a Nemean Lion character? Obviously glamoured!

[QUOTE="Kori Zanos]Nice! I was hoping for Fables rps! I'd love to join when it's up!
I'm a bit over halfway through the comics and I've played TWAU a million times

Would it be possible to play a Nemean Lion character? Obviously glamoured!

[/QUOTE]
A glamoured Nemean Lion sounds great! I'll have the roleplay up later tonight or tomorrow by the way.

Hey guys, sorry for the delay. The holidays are really kicking in obviously and I'll be away with family for about a day or two. Happy holidays!

I would be interested in joining! I haven't read the comic or watched anything related to this but it seems like you did a good job accommodating to people like me haha :)

So im still a tad busy lately, and today isn't an exception. So I may have a thread up by either tonight or tomorrow.

VIGOROUS NECRO-THREADING

Hello, GameMaster of the Fables roleplay here. To those that awaited this roleplay so far in the past, I apologize greatly for having disappeared all together. I won't dwell too much for my reasoning for disappearing, I guess it was just a lot of extra stuff in real life, and with the huge amount of time I just thought that those interested may have just disappeared as well. Hopefully that's not the case, I hope some of you are still here and are up for the roleplay still, as now I feel like continuing with this story will be both interesting and relieving.

I'm having an extended weekend, so I most likely will get the RP up by tomorrow. Thanks for sticking with us!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back