• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Answered FA Icons Broken?

AnimeGenork

The Duck Overlord
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
I am back again 😔 my apologies

So last night, I noticed this happening, but seeing as my computer/wifi connection usually causes some sort of issue for no reason, I thought nothing of it. Then a friend noticed it, too. Now I'm starting to think this is a wider issue?

Basically, some of the FA (font awesome) icons work just fine (as shown in the first screenshot). That's great. What's not so great is when all of them in something aren't working or some aren't when others are (first and second screenshot). It seems this is even affecting the button for editing threadmarks. I'm not sure if something's happening on the FA site itself or if RPN is having a moment, but I thought I'd point it out since I'm probably not the only one using codes that rely on these nifty icons.

I did check this out on Firefox rather than Chrome, and the issue is there, too.

Attachments

• some work but not others.PNG
    some work but not others.PNG
    187.8 KB · Views: 18
  • all things dead.PNG
    all things dead.PNG
    311.9 KB · Views: 18
  • even threadmark button.PNG
    even threadmark button.PNG
    2.6 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
I’m so glad I’m not the only one experiencing this, I thought something was wrong with my browser 😭

yes most of the users i know and myself are experiencing this issue.

even the most common icons like flower, leaf and many more are simply showing with a cross in a rectangle. it is very unaesthetic.

it would be appreciated if this is rectified and sorted or at least temporarily solutions are provided till this bug is fixed.

thanks in advance.

I feel obligated to add that everything was working just dandy on August 1st, when I last read a post in a group I'm running. It was after the Fire Nation attacked that when everything seemed to go all wonky.

Thanks everyone for describing the issue. We have potentially identified the cause but might take some time to fix.
But rest assured we're on it :)

I am back again 😔 my apologies

So last night, I noticed this happening, but seeing as my computer/wifi connection usually causes some sort of issue for no reason, I thought nothing of it. Then a friend noticed it, too. Now I'm starting to think this is a wider issue?

Basically, some of the FA (font awesome) icons work just fine (as shown in the first screenshot). That's great. What's not so great is when all of them in something aren't working or some aren't when others are (first and second screenshot). It seems this is even affecting the button for editing threadmarks. I'm not sure if something's happening on the FA site itself or if RPN is having a moment, but I thought I'd point it out since I'm probably not the only one using codes that rely on these nifty icons.

I did check this out on Firefox rather than Chrome, and the issue is there, too.
I’m so glad I’m not the only one experiencing this, I thought something was wrong with my browser 😭
yes most of the users i know and myself are experiencing this issue.

even the most common icons like flower, leaf and many more are simply showing with a cross in a rectangle. it is very unaesthetic.

it would be appreciated if this is rectified and sorted or at least temporarily solutions are provided till this bug is fixed.

thanks in advance.

Should be fixed, could you confirm?

Looks fixed on my end

So the issue appears to be on FA's end. We've been using or at-least were supposed to be using FontAwesome 5 but the settings in our fontawesome account (we pay for this, so the site can have this) were set to 6 automatically and the site software just isn't ready to provide 6 just yet.

So the issue appears to be on FA's end. We've been using or at-least were supposed to be using FontAwesome 5 but the settings in our fontawesome account (we pay for this, so the site can have this) were set to 6 automatically and the site software just isn't ready to provide 6 just yet.
That would explain why some icons were working and some were not.

That would explain why some icons were working and some were not.

Yeah...Fontawesome keeps releasing new versions is fine and in theory it should just silently update with the new icons, but our forum software is old, but that's a different conversation for a different day. We have ideas and plans on how to resolve FA being more compatible with posts. I love the pretty icons like everyone else lol C:

Yeah...Fontawesome keeps releasing new versions is fine and in theory it should just silently update with the new icons, but our forum software is old, but that's a different conversation for a different day. We have ideas and plans on how to resolve FA being more compatible with posts. I love the pretty icons like everyone else lol C:
Not sure if you're already aware of this, but I think the icon next to the admin title is broken.

Screenshot 2023-08-06 022644.png

Should be fixed, could you confirm?
I can confirm it is fixed from my end as well.
Many thanks for looking into this!

Now the icons next to the forums are breaking. All of them were broken one minute, fine the next and now individual ones are broken.

Screenshot 2023-08-06 023629.png

One more update. I investigated further and saw the part in our software that is old and conflicting, so I've muted it for now, and it seems that Fontawesome has let me switch the site back to Fontawesome 6 (we do use some 6 icons, like the shield with the heart for the moderator ribbon). Everything is 100 percent working now, but this will be fully resolved as part of our next update later this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back