• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Exploring Dragon Island [OOC HUB]

Characters
Here

Berries

Berry bad fruit puns
For all your questions as well as OOC chat! :)

I'll ping you guys in here when the dragon/country information is finished, lol.

Also Jon Jon is our other GM if you want to ping him for anything. :DI'm the one who does all the work around here though.

That art is so pretty! I was hoping Canada was going to be on the list, so I'm not sure what country would be best for me to submit an application for yet.

Anyways, I'm very impressed with the level of detail you guys are putting into this. By when do you want applications in?

That art is so pretty! I was hoping Canada was going to be on the list, so I'm not sure what country would be best for me to submit an application for yet.

Anyways, I'm very impressed with the level of detail you guys are putting into this. By when do you want applications in?
Yes, I was lucky to find an awesome DA artist. :D

Thanks! I've been writing a lot for this and I know Jon has some juicy plot in the works for us. :p Hopefully it'll be a good time! Sorry about not getting Canada in there, lol, I just took current world superpowers.

Applications can come in whenever, the only time we're going to close is once all the roles are full. :)

There was also a question that was deleted about stat points. You do have 18 to spend! Initially it was 15 and I forgot to update some of it, my bad! :)

Yes, I was lucky to find an awesome DA artist. :D

Thanks! I've been writing a lot for this and I know Jon has some juicy plot in the works for us. :p Hopefully it'll be a good time! Sorry about not getting Canada in there, lol, I just took current world superpowers.

Applications can come in whenever, the only time we're going to close is once all the roles are full. :)

I'm looking forward to the adventure! I'm waiting on the rest of the information to be filled out so I can consider my options, but all the dragons look amazing and I know it's going to be really hard to choose XD.

I'm looking forward to the adventure! I'm waiting on the rest of the information to be filled out so I can consider my options, but all the dragons look amazing and I know it's going to be really hard to choose XD.
Finished the dragons and some rudimentary country information! :) I've got to post for other rps now so the next update may be awhile lol.

Finished the dragons and some rudimentary country information! :) I've got to post for other rps now so the next update may be awhile lol.

Woohoo! Thank you for tagging me, I appreciate it.

anderswo anderswo mourning star mourning star ArtificialAndroid ArtificialAndroid Abyss Abyss

The CS thread is all done! :) Dragon information and country information is now completed. If you want additional information feel free to ask me questions on this thread.
Fantasy - Exploring Dragon Island [CS HUB]

My GM character will be posted within the next couple days if you want to see roughly what we're looking for, but seeing mine isn't necessary at all to completing your characters lol. Jon will have his done eventually too. :D

Is it possible to reserve a specific country? I'm working on my character sheet right now and was thinking about creating the Japanese representative. If not, I completely understand- I was just curious.

Is it possible to reserve a specific country? I'm working on my character sheet right now and was thinking about creating the Japanese representative. If not, I completely understand- I was just curious.
We're not currently doing reservations, sorry! :) Once your character app is in and most of it is accepted we'll put you down for the spot, even if there are some modifications needed, but other than that there aren't any reserves. :D

Berries Berries this roleplay sounds so amazingly interesting! I hope there's still time to join. I do have some questions, though...

Firstly, would it be acceptable to have the height/length/weight of a dragon vary from the average statistics given? Not by much, but lets say the dragon's length exceeds the norm by two feet - would that be okay? Sorry, I'm just unsure about this one.

Secondly, from what I understood, the training of the riders began 15 years ago. Would that mean that if a character is currently 18, they were selected at age 3?

Lastly, I'd possibly... potentially... maybe like to run a body-mod idea by you. I still haven't written everything about it down, but I simply want to know if even the notion of such a device would be okay - I noticed there were no body-mods that boost dexterity, and I thought that maybe a neural pathway processor could do that job, seeing as dexterity is in essence a person's fine motor skill and coordination of small muscles. My character (at least, what I have in mind for him) relies highly on dexterity. Would it be okay to give him a nural processing chip? It would be a device inserted in the brainstem (since that's where neural pathways criss-cross; alternatively in the cerebellum) and would give +3 to dexterity, but -2 to processing. The reason is because, the way I envision it, this mechanism takes part of a person's autonomy over their body in order to instinctively, yet still appropriately, react in different situations. That would bring about a lot of confusion and depersonalization.

Anyway, I believe this is all for now...

Berries Berries this roleplay sounds so amazingly interesting! I hope there's still time to join. I do have some questions, though...

Firstly, would it be acceptable to have the height/length/weight of a dragon vary from the average statistics given? Not by much, but lets say the dragon's length exceeds the norm by two feet - would that be okay? Sorry, I'm just unsure about this one.

Secondly, from what I understood, the training of the riders began 15 years ago. Would that mean that if a character is currently 18, they were selected at age 3?

Lastly, I'd possibly... potentially... maybe like to run a body-mod idea by you. I still haven't written everything about it down, but I simply want to know if even the notion of such a device would be okay - I noticed there were no body-mods that boost dexterity, and I thought that maybe a neural pathway processor could do that job, seeing as dexterity is in essence a person's fine motor skill and coordination of small muscles. My character (at least, what I have in mind for him) relies highly on dexterity. Would it be okay to give him a nural processing chip? It would be a device inserted in the brainstem (since that's where neural pathways criss-cross; alternatively in the cerebellum) and would give +3 to dexterity, but -2 to processing. The reason is because, the way I envision it, this mechanism takes part of a person's autonomy over their body in order to instinctively, yet still appropriately, react in different situations. That would bring about a lot of confusion and depersonalization.

Anyway, I believe this is all for now...
Thanks for your interest! :D

Yes, it would be ok for your dragon to vary from the average by 1-2ft. :)

That depends on the country! Some countries might have taken a few years for selecting candidates and therefore training would have started a bit later. However, you do have the general concept; if a country started raining a rider immediately and they are currently 18, they would have started training at age 3. 18 is the lower threshold of ages though, I was imagining most characters to be over 20 (training would therefore have started around age 5) but that’s by no means a requirement.

Of course! The reason there were none for dexterity was mainly because I couldn’t think of any, lol. How does this look for your body mod (I changed the stats a little)?
  • Neural Chip (+3 dexterity, -2 processing, -1 stamina) - A neutral chip implanted in the brainstem that processes neural impulses before they reach the brain. This enables faster reflexes and reaction times, but due to the lack of brain control over the chip doesn’t always result in the actions a user may intend. Additionally, the human body isn’t used to reacting at such high speeds and therefore tends to fatigue faster than a normal human.
Just so you know, if you create a body mod it will then be added to the list for other players to use as well if they want. :)

Thanks for the great questions!

Thanks for your interest! :D

Yes, it would be ok for your dragon to vary from the average by 1-2ft. :)

That depends on the country! Some countries might have taken a few years for selecting candidates and therefore training would have started a bit later. However, you do have the general concept; if a country started raining a rider immediately and they are currently 18, they would have started training at age 3. 18 is the lower threshold of ages though, I was imagining most characters to be over 20 (training would therefore have started around age 5) but that’s by no means a requirement.

Of course! The reason there were none for dexterity was mainly because I couldn’t think of any, lol. How does this look for your body mod (I changed the stats a little)?
  • Neural Chip (+3 dexterity, -2 processing, -1 stamina) - A neutral chip implanted in the brainstem that processes neural impulses before they reach the brain. This enables faster reflexes and reaction times, but due to the lack of brain control over the chip doesn’t always result in the actions a user may intend. Additionally, the human body isn’t used to reacting at such high speeds and therefore tends to fatigue faster than a normal human.
Just so you know, if you create a body mod it will then be added to the list for other players to use as well if they want. :)

Thanks for the great questions!
Ah, thank you for the fast reply! Also, thanks for clearing things up. This has been really helpful, and I will graciously take the neural chip body-mod you created - it's definitely more balanced than what I proposed, so that's always a plus. As for the age thing, I was trying to clear things up in general, though I personally to not indent to make an 18 year-old - if anything, my character's going to be in his late 20s, so I totally understand your vision on that. But, yeah, I'm gonna get to filling out the CS.

Ah, thank you for the fast reply! Also, thanks for clearing things up. This has been really helpful, and I will graciously take the neural chip body-mod you created - it's definitely more balanced than what I proposed, so that's always a plus. As for the age thing, I was trying to clear things up in general, though I personally to not indent to make an 18 year-old - if anything, my character's going to be in his late 20s, so I totally understand your vision on that. But, yeah, I'm gonna get to filling out the CS.

No problem! :D If you have anymore questions ping me anytime.

I look forward to seeing your CS! :)

When it comes to the 'appearance' underneath the dragon section, are you looking for a detailed description of our own or what you've already supplied on the character sheet page?

When it comes to the 'appearance' underneath the dragon section, are you looking for a detailed description of our own or what you've already supplied on the character sheet page?
A description of your own dragon. :) The sketches provided are pretty rough so you can deviate from them, just try to stay within the general concept of it, and you have to point out differences. :D

I'm definitely still interested. I'm almost done with the character sheet- it should be sent your way either tomorrow or the next day. (Sorry for the delay, but work has been crazy busy for me lately.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back