• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Experimental Partner Search: Music/Music Video Prompts!

One Last Dawn

Last Chance Knight
One Last Dawn Presents:
Music Moves the Words!

Search Status: Open

Last Updated: 5-April-2018

Partner Slots Remaining: 8 of 10

Note: If you fail to respond to me before we have confirmed our roleplay and someone else applies, you will lose your reserved slot. Too often do people approach me for partnership only to disappear in the planning stage after having read a message or been posed a question. My time is limited, and as such it is valuable to me.

~*~*~

Hello dearest readers! Before we get into the meat of this experiment and what it means to you as partners, please take a look through my conditions and expectations below. Let us start, however, with what you can expect from me as a roleplaying partner:

• Active - I will be present without nearly any interruption on weekdays from 8am-4pm EST. Outside of these times, I might only check RpN occasionaly. Weekends are tough for me given how busy I am, but at requested I will make an appearance if only to drop one post.

• Friendship - OOC you and I may be as talkative as you want. I fully support friendship with my roleplay partners.

• Quality - On average I post anywhere from 3-5 paragraphs. This can vary significantly based on the situation and that which I am provided in my partner's post.

• Collaboration - Do you have ideas that are similar to what is listed below? Do you have a plot you'd like to run by me because I may be a good fit? Would you like to see certain canonical things bent or changed in your favorite fandom? Feel free to tell me! I greatly enjoy collaboration, and I love finding compromise. My foremost goal is that we both enjoy the RP we've built together.

• Flexible - I can double (though I don't always enjoy it), and I can play most genders and orientations, so feel free to make a request. I prefer to play male characters and MxF pairings but please do not let this deter you. Good writing is made of all combinations and must always be considered.

• Understanding - Life happens! I will always attempt to warn you of an impending disappearance or hiatus. If I lose interest or find our writing incompatible, you will be informed.

• Mature - I have been roleplaying for fifteen years and I am well over eighteen years of age. No topic or content is taboo in my book. Good writing comes from variety and flavor; sometimes taboo is a good spice!

• Versatile - I am available on many different mediums to roleplay if you'd like to roleplay off of RpN for any reason. Simply ask and we can most certainly work out an alternative method for your convenience.
Now that you know a bit about what to expect from me, allow me to list what I expect/prefer in my partners:

• Activity - I don't expect you to be around as frequently as I am, but I would enjoy at least a post a day Monday through Friday.

• Quality - I firmly believe that the length of a post is not indicative of it's quality. That said, I doubt one or two lines will provide the necessary amount of plot or detail I need to make my own quality post. I don't expect a Steven King novel in my inbox every day, but please exercise some creative strength!

• Maturity - I would ask that all of my partners be eighteen years of age or older. Playing outside my age range can be difficult as it is, I've made it as open as I feel I reasonably can. Please respect this expectation.

• Flexibility - I would appreciate a partner who is willing to play canon characters with original characters. In return I am willing to double.

• Understanding - As mentioned above: life happens. If you need to take a leave of absence or simply do not enjoy our roleplay, let me know! There are no hard feelings, enjoyment for both people is important. If we can't work something out, we can go our separate ways.

• Detail - As much as I hope you include detail in your writing, I also expect that you know how to pay attention to them. From what I have read, people often just skip to the bottom of these without reading through the expectations section. If you have actually gone through all of this, please put the underlined word from this section in your reply. Thank you.
Note: I require that potential roleplay partners provide a writing sample upon request. Writing incompatibility is problematic for me, and should we be incompatible as partners I would prefer to save us both time and effort. If you are unwilling to submit a sample when it is requested, I will not carry on with the conversation. Also please be aware that I am not fond of photographic face claims.

Now, let us discuss what this whole thread is about. In the following posts (because posts are limited to 10 pieces of media), you will find several categories of music through which you can browse to find various songs and videos of that genre. I know it doesn't cover all the bases, but I've picked as wide a sampling as I currently feel capable of. The purpose of these songs are to make a potential partner feel inspired with a roleplay idea brought about by the music. I often find that ideas come to me while immersing myself in music, and I am certain that others feel the same way. The experiment here is the merging of two individuals' inspirations into a single roleplay we can participate in as partners! For those partial to particular fandoms, I will provide a list of all fandoms I am capable of roleplaying in a spoiler at the bottom of this post. So, without further adieu, let's see if music can make the creativity flow!

• Games
    • Warhammer 40K
    • Titanfall 2
    • Final Fantasy X/X-2
    • League of Legends
    • Halo
    • Starcraft
    • Overwatch
    • Resident Evil
    • Dark Souls III
    • Bloodborne
    • Metal Gear Solid Series
    • The Surge
    • Horizon Zero Dawn
    • Exalted (Tabletop RPG)
    • Warframe
    • XCOM/XCOM 2
    • Fallout 4
  • Anime/TV
    • RWBY
    • Bakemonogatari
    • Naruto
    • Neon Genesis Evangelion
  • Movies
    • Frozen
    • Pacific Rim/Pacific Rim: Uprising
    • Starship Troopers
    • Bright
  • Books/Literature
    • IT
    • Scott Pilgrim Versus The World (Comic)
    • The Dark Tower

Keep an eye out for updates, I will be adding new music and fandoms as I find more!

"Feel Invincible" - Skillet

"Bad Apple!! (Metal Cover)" - RichaadEB ft. Christina Vee

"7734" - Sabaton

"I Get Wicked" - Thousand Foot Crutch

"DOOM SONG | Hell to Pay" - Miracle of Sound

"I Will Fail You" - Demon Hunter

"Heart of a Graveyard" - Demon Hunter

"Warrior" - Skarlett Riot

"Diary of Jane" - Breaking Benjamin

"Anthem of the Lonely" - Nine Lashes

"Undefeated" - Skillet

"The Vengeful One" - Disturbed

"Resurrect the Sun" - Black Veil Brides

"Trenches" - Pop Evil

"Death by Robot" - Feed Me

"Lost in Time" - Celldweller

"Run You" - The Qemists

"Good L_ck (Yo_'re F_cked)" - Celldweller

"Headshot" - Blue Stahli

"The Computer (Boomzers & Joachim Garraud Remix)" - Joachim Garraud

"Escape (Bloody Beatroots Remix)" - The Toxic Avenger

"Roller Mobster" - Carpenter Brut

"Aphelion" - Scandroid

"Turbo Killer" - Carpenter Brut

"Leave It All Behind" - Cult to Follow

"Timebombs & Hurricanes" - Written by Wolves

"Phoenix" - Fall Out Boy

"Black Sheep" - Metric

"Face Down" - The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus

"Iodine" - Icon For Hire

"The Wolf" - SIAMES

"Angel With a Shotgun" - The Cab

"Die For Your" - Starset

"Brother" - Kodaline

"Warrior Inside" - Leader

"Frame of Mind" - Trastam & Braken

"Dragonfly" - Shaman's Harvest

"Till I collapse (GMV Drop Remix)" - Eminem

"The Unsung War" - Ace Combat 5 OST

Angel with a shot gun, is by far one of my favorites! Fighting for a cause, or for someone is just the best base, for anything. ? sorry about the random opinion on your thread.

Angel with a shot gun, is by far one of my favorites! Fighting for a cause, or for someone is just the best base, for anything. ? sorry about the random opinion on your thread.

Not to worry, I appreciate the feedback! If you are actually looking for a roleplay based on the song, send me a PM and let's see if we can work something out!

Hello! I’d be happy to roleplay with you. I actually have a prompt in mind that I’d like to try out. It basically consists of two characters who end up getting their minds linked by some sort of magical experiment gone wrong or something along the lines of that. Unfortunately, the antidote takes a rather long time to make, so, to put it bluntly, our characters are forced together. I feel like it’d be more interesting if they loathed each other as it’ll make for fun dialogue as they constantly bicker and banter. As this chaotic mess unfolds, they have no choice but to call truce and (attempt to) get along with each other. And, as time goes on, they could even develop feelings for each other. I prefer to do an MxM with this, by the way, but any other pairing is fine with me. Let me know how you think of this!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back