• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Exiles OOC

Characters
Here

Grey

Dialectical Hermeticist
Chat, plan, and shitpost here.
Questions are always good.
Character thread soon.

Let's talk about motives and connections. Obviously freedom, revolution, justice, and faith will be big themes in this RP.
So what does your character want, and how do they know the other characters?

My character is some kind of shaman or priest from the wildlands. She believes that status in the hierarchy has to be earned by caring for those beneath them, something that is not currently the case. She is willing to sacrifice and corrupt herself to hold those in power accountable. She acted on these beliefs and was therefore exiled from her people and hunted by the priests of the slumbering godhead.

She would probably be a spiritseer or a priest related to ghosts. I am curious how this would work with Crocodile Crocodile 's character. What is their relation/stance on ghosts? Maybe this could also create a nice pre-existing link between them.

My concept thus far is an aspiring necromancer. Came into his powers young and his family fled to the pirate holdings where they wouldn't be hunted. He views ghosts as potential allies and seeks to find ways to manifest them as his agents and minions. Generally only likes to work with the willing dead as they often are more aware and helpful over those simply bound into service.

He'll likely use his magic at times to pay for the services of the dead. That aside he often will be burning/crafting a share of his take from loot to pay to the dead or gift them things. His outlook is very much like a pirate ship contract if a little more strict. The dead agree to serve, in return he provides various reward, experiences or favors to them. He doesn't trust bound dead alone. His outlook is its harder to steal such forces from him if their willing partners. Plus if he grew up seeing dead family and talking to them it means he's not one to abuse spirits unless their dark or broken somehow and needing to be dealt with.

Last edited:
Which character is Black Tongue again? No House Scions in this one so they might need to be adjusted if they're the one I'm thinking of.

No scion there, totally human. From Wlfs Wheel game. Rat catcher turned kidnapper turned poisoner.

No scion there, totally human. From Wlfs Wheel game. Rat catcher turned kidnapper turned poisoner.

Oh aye, forget the name. That could work with some tweaks; up to you how want to exploit the setting and how you want to fit into the group.
Looks like we're going to be having some occult adventures and possible rebellion so far.

sara-contreras-yunaxd-19-02-myl-egungun-oya.jpg

Some nice art I found. I ended up going with a spiritseer, mostly dealing with weather and storm spirits.

Silly question, how is magic accounted for in character creation? Its just noted? You go base zero and start building up as things go along, etc?

Silly question, how is magic accounted for in character creation? Its just noted? You go base zero and start building up as things go along, etc?

Logos 1, or whatever I agree fits the character concept. Your character is probably Logos 2 and I could see 3 being justified.

Aye, that'll do. And we discuss whether he's already stumbled on a Tradition or the rudiments of a lost School, if you like.

In that case, let's think about where he comes from and what Traditions he could have picked up. Alternatively, there's a ruined fortress from the Magocracy on Uassan - maybe he's met the ghost of a long-dead Necromancer who is serving as a mentor.

I like the idea of the ghost mentor. Gives him a source of information he can interact with. Plus it plays more into his deals with the dead angle I wanted.

Cool. Let me consult my notes and find an appropriate Necromancer who would have died in the region before the Magocracy fell. Fortunately most Necromancers were the kindest of the ruling class.

Great, let me know what you find.

Alright, I reckon I have something.

Cassandra Tyene Cassardo en Mortis, Archivist of the White Library, Master Boneworker, Adept of the Twelth Mystery, Conseiler Pale of The Rentazza Circle.

Founder of the Cassardo School Boneworking, a tall, elegant woman whose shade still looks to be in a remarkably hale and hearty 70s and dressed in the finest fashions of her era. Even tempered, with a dry wit deployed in any situation and a pitying contempt for the societies that have risen with the fall of her own. Haunts her phylactery in the underground ruin of her former lab near the centre of the island, under worn down ruins you wouldn't see if you weren't looking for them now the jungle has reclaimed the interior.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back