Exaltred Second Edition

Looks nothing new except for new players that is... :?

Anyway, Still, looks like your prayers have been answered and the Neverborn are no longer known as Malfeans.

~FC.

Check this out. These are starting packages being offered to game stores by Alliance Distributing for March 20th.

Exalted 2: Basic & Game Store Launch Kits

WWP     80900   Exalted 2 Basic Launch Kit      RPG     $309.98 N/A    

6 x Exalted Second Edition Rulebook (WWP 80000), 2 x Exalted ST Companion (WWP 80001), 1 x Exalted Character Pad (WWP 80700), 2 x Exalted Dice Set (WWP 08810), 1 x Exalted UDON Comic #0, 1 x Exalted UDON Comic #1. Included Free with Kit: 1x Exclusive Launch Day T-shirt, 6x 32-page Introductory Adventure, 2x Exalted Logo Ink Pens, 2x Exalted Poster, 6x Other WWP Poster.                            

Deluxe Package:

WWP     80901   Exalted 2 Game Store Launch Kit RPG     $619.97 N/A    

12 x Exalted Second Edition Rulebook (WWP 80000), 4 x Exalted ST Companion (WWP 80001), 2 x Exalted Character Pad (WWP 80700), 3 x Exalted Dice Set (WWP 08810), 2 x Exalted UDON Comic #0 Included Free with Kit: 2 x Exclusive Launch Day T-shirt, 12 x 32-page Introductory Adventure, 3 x Exalted Dice Set, 4 x Exalted Logo Ink Pens, 4 x Exalted Poster, 12 x Other WWP Poster, 2 x Exalted UDON Comic #1  

If I remember correctly, yes. Keep in mind that the Core book is $40, and the ST guide is $25. Add in everything else, and it's about right.

Our price is somewhere between $150 - 185 for the basic package. Extrapolate as necessary for the deluxe one.

That's more like it.

Out of curiosity, is wholesale usually around 50-60%, or do certain publishers/game companies have different rates?

If it's any consolation, the food service industry prefers their price points to be about 15% to 30% for alcohol, and around 30% is considered ideal for food--and 25% is considered excellent.

Every time you break down the price of a meal, take the price of that bottle of wine and chop it into a third, and that'll be close to the cost to the restaurant.  Same for the plate cost of that $28 dinner.  If you're paying out $9.60 for a rib-eye, then you'd best be selling that puppy for around $30, possibly more depending on what else you've got on there.  

Then again, food service is labor intensive, so you have to make back not just your inventory cost, but labor as well.  You get a fine meal, but that steak doesn't just represent the time it took to throw it on the grill and make it pretty, but the time it took to cut, prepare, as well as the time for the demi-glace or whatever else goes on the plate with it.  

Book sales are a bit different.  While you've still got to cover your inventory cost, and you've got to cover your labor, it's not quite the same.  To be honest, sitting on inventory like that, after all these years in restaurants, would drive me insane.  Then again, with restaurants, you're looking at maybe 10% profit if you play your cards right, more if you can cut out the mortgage payments on the space, but that takes some time to roll together.  If you make a 15% profit, you're going like gangbusters--but the nice thing with restaurants is that you've got a constant stream of revenue.  The question is: how many balls can you keep up in the air at once?

Ah the joys of retail.  100% marks up all the way around.  Except for The North Face.  Their shit is around 115-130% above wholesale pricing.  It's like a license to print money.

In return for 100% markup, the stores tolerate people who hang around on the weekends, leech-like.  Seems fair.

It varies company to company. It's nearly impossible to make any money off of Pioneer DVD's, so we stopped carrying them.

Daiklaves

... I suppose the only thing interesting with todays entry is the illustration of a couple of Daiklaves (not enough art of equipment in Exalted as it is, in my opinion)

Meh, it's old news, we all know they won't change them really. Unless they do a complete 360 in one of the magic books. *shrug* I'm just glad there is a wee bit more art for the weapons and peoples and such.

Posted on WW website today is an explanation of hearthstones. While not all that interesting on its own, they do say that on Friday they will release the PDF of Return To The Temple of Five Corners. Pretty cool I think, as it will most likely include quick start rules.

That's the most fucking retarded thing I've ever heard. I hate the D20 system' date=' but like Jakk said, it's done a lot of good, it's given a lot of companies the system they need to get their ideas out there. WoTC had a brilliant fucking idea to make it open license. WW, Palladium, GURPS, and all the others should have fucking done it too.[/quote']
I think that's the most succinct way I've heard that put. To you sir, my hat is off.

d20 has worked well for fantasy and sci-fi (Dragonstar being the best in my opinion) but its never been very good at dealing with guns, esp in d20 modern settings. The system isn't built to handle that much firepower outside of a spell. When trying to reconcile guns in a setting I was running I almost made them wands of magic missile. I'm sure the discussion has long since moved on from this topic though.

So, does second edition mean will get full color pictures of crazy skunk-people with nipple piercings?

If the book is half as shiny as the new Mage book I will undoubtably fail my willpower check to avoid buying it.

The reason he did that, is I believe he never really looked at the books, so he didn't know how demons would look. Plus, I believe it was said that's how he liked to draw everything, which is why a lot of the demons look fucking retarded. The only decent pics he did for GoD was Ligier and a few of the other Third Circles.

Almost everything I've seen by him (which is not exclusively demons) have involved bared chests, baby-like headshapes and lots of piercings. Yes, I do find his art disturbing, but hardly horrifying.

It's more of a "damn, this art creeps me out due to it's almost pedophilic way of depicting this or that individual".

... and while I'm artist bashing, I'm not too fond of Melissa Uran. I find her style a bit ... messy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back