Other Ever Heard of the Create-a-Region Game?

Squad141

The Purple Soul
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
I don't know if most people have, but it's an interesting Pokémon-theme activity that I always thought most people would enjoy, especially after the drama of Sword and Shield and everything. This is essentially me explaining what it is, asking if anyone else has heard of it, and if anyone would be interested in participating in it.

The Game is as follows: A large group of people who are all in one group are given a topic for a region, let's say Pokémon Professor (Like Oak). Then, a time limit is made, and every in said group goes out on their own and types up an idea for a Professor they would like for the Fan Region. There is no limit or topic that they have to follow. I've seen a session of this game end up with a Lovecraft-inspired Legendary and a Ronald McDonald Mr. Mime variant in the same region, and it was incredibly fun to be a part of. After the set time limit, everyone submits their ideas to the host, who makes a voting board that's anonymous, so no one knows which creation is who's. Then, after everyone's voted, the top one, or three, or six (depends on the topic, like Starters, Gyms, etc.) become the 'official' pieces of that region.

There's not really a story created. It's a hodgepodge game where people come together with creative ideas, and through them into a pan to make something new. After that, everyone votes on the regions name, and boom, a new fan-region is born!

There's not really anything you do after the region is finished, other than to look at it. In the game I was in, a few people asked everyone if they could use for a backdrop in their own Pokémon RPs, and a few people wanted to draw stuff from it, but still, the main purpose had filled, and it had been fun.

Has anyone heard of this before? Would anyone be interested in it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back