• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Etheral: Chronicles of the Spirit Realm

Gilzar

Bear With Me Here ?
Administrator
Plot: (I'm just going to make this basic and not try making it lucrative or anything like that. A bit of a read, but trust me it's worth it.)

This roleplay takes place in the land known as the Spirit Realm. The spirit realm is a Gigantic old Asian-themed City, built upon the cliffs of what was once an island, surrounded by a never ending sea. The spirit realm is inhabited by strange creatures of various shapes and sizes known as the Kuricha (Japanese for common folk), they have many different forms and appearances, sometimes mimicking the appearance of animals found on Earth (AKA the Earth Realm) or looking of something entirely different, monster like even. The Kuricha make up the majority of the population, and are the backbone of the spirit realm social pyramid.

Then there are Humans, called Ningen in the spirit realm. The minority population of the spirit realm, and at one point they never even existed in the spirit realm. Then one day humans just started...appearing in the spirit realm. No explanation, all from various time periods around earth. Many had no recollection of what had happened, and those who have some memory it is far too sketchy to be certain. Humans in the spirit realm are the lowest of the low, working undesireable jobs for extremely low pay, many turn to crime because of this. In Spirit Realm society humans are considered dirty, violent, unintelligent, and criminals. Humans continue to appear in the spirit realm, and the population has even become high enough that humans are now becoming born in the spirit realm.

You may be wondering what keeps the humans in line. It's simple, the Kaisatsu. The Kaisatsu are white skinned, faceless beings that have the body shape of humans and dress like police officers. They are trained in an elite kendo art and wield fighting sticks and occasionally muzzleloaded rifles (No modern weaponry!) and keep the Kuricha and Ningen in line, running on cold logic with no emotion. They can be seen in either groups of three patrolling, groups of two with a eyeless pure white eyeless dog with a noticeably black nose to guide them, or a single Keisatsu riding on the back of a snow white bear with black eyes and a black nose that is able to fluently speak.

All of spirit realm is ruled over by beings known as the Hikage, which basically look like stereotypical ghost but they are pure black, slightly transparent, float above the ground, and have large glowing yellow eyes. Did I mention they have no facial characteristics but eyes, yet can fluently speak and have extremely annoying laughs. The Hikage make up the council of shadows, which is made up of 13 hikage that vote on issues of the Spirit Realm. Sounds nice doesn't it? It was, until the Hikage became split over the issue of humans and corruption seeped through to them. Now they use their control over the Kaisatsu to keep both the Humans and Kuricha in line, while submitting the Humans power and draining the Kuricha out of wealth for personal gain.

Talks of revolution now spiral throughout the Spirit realm, and a storm is brewing in the distance. It doesn't take a genius to figure something big is going to happen soon...but what will it be, and who will partake in it?

(If you've read all of this then I thank you. I was going for a spirited away theme here. Please checkout the rest of the story and please sign up for my roleplay, thank you!)

https://www.rpnation.com/threads/ethereal-chronicles-of-the-spirit-realm.80503/#post-2354174

I read over it and I'm interested, but I have some questions as far as characters go. What sort of restrictions are there on character creation beyond the limitations of not having characters going out of their social boundaries, and not having technology that doesn't fit the era?

Good question! I'll try and answer it to the best of my understanding of the question, feel free to ask more if I do not thoroughly answer enough for you.

The easiest to answer question would be your second one, technology that does not fit the era. If you wanted to compare the technology of the time, think of the 1860's: There were steam engine, still were muzzle loaded rifles, electricity was still in primitive stages, etc. Things like that. Technology that does not fit the era would be things like a laptop, cellphone, futuristic tech thingy, a cyborg, just really high tech things like that. Some things are expected to get through the transition of course though, many humans cling onto the simple things from their time periods, such as modern day people holding onto small things like watches, knives, and more. Most things extremely high tech either deteriorate, or are confiscated by the Kaisatsu under suspicion of dangerous weapons. (I hope I answered your part of that question)

As for social limitations thats sort of depends on what race your character is. The rule for not going on social limitations mainly is just for humans, as they are stuck at the bottom of the pyramid, all humans can really move up to is the social ranking is commoner, and even that's rare, so if a someone wanted to create a human that was a noble that would be out of the social. While a Kuricha can be anywhere on the tree except for Hikage, while the Hikage due to race are always at the top. I do hope I answered your question.

As for all of you that are interested in joining, or want to join please use the link at the bottom of my original post and use the character sign up section!

Exams started, I've been busy for awhile lately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back