• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Escaping Darkness Rp

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Tempest (Head-Chaser)~
"That might be a possibility...." Tempest commented quietly as her fingers touched the smooth, cold glass, "But what if he's laying a trap.... those she tells of this room.... they might think it's their ticket out... when it'll only bring them to a faster demise....." An evil snicker escaped the chaser as she drew her tongue over her unusually sharp canines, not that Gen would see thanks to her mask. "And they are none the wiser because of his façade he puts on for them..... dare I say.. he is a genius..."

Once the lights were off the woman was able to pick up a whiff of Gen's scent through the decay before moving over to him. "I question how getting Kiono to your father will work now though.... Kane's demand makes dealing with experiments, such has him, almost impossible to deal with.... especially with how you both are towards one another... Not that he and I have a good relationship either......" It was perplexing how running the facility will be now that the evil master mind of the group wanted everyone to play fair like children in a schoolyard. Just like Arachnid, Tempest was use to handling the experiments with force and fear. Kindness was not something in her genetic coding, at least she didn't think so. "That's going to be harder for me to deal with... created for one purpose.. one mission in life... then to be told to go against it all after living with it since the day I was.. I guess the word I'd use is born, if that even applies.."

As she started walk towards the hall to leave, she glanced over at Gen, and said something no one is use to her saying, "You though, Gen, are a wise man.... more level headed than someone such as myself.... I do not doubt this is completely impossible for you... you'll figure it out somehow." Though it may not sound much like one, Tempest had just given the yellow eyed man a genuine compliment in the best way she knew how.

Interaction: Gohan510 Gohan510
Mentions: A.I.S.H.A. A.I.S.H.A. hostage hostage

Last edited:
Gen Takeshi
Gen looked around the room as Tempest spoke about the topic on Kane. He placed his hand on a tube and looked at the headless body floating in the green water.

"But what if he's laying a trap.... those she tells of this room.... they might think it's their ticket out... when it'll only bring them to a faster demise....."

“It is a trap now that you mention it... though. I hope he doesn’t plan on killing my brother in the process. Like flies in a cob web....”

"And they are none the wiser because of his façade he puts on for them..... dare I say.. he is a genius..."

“The kids will for it faster then the others would. A genius indeed this plan of his is going to fall through well. Especially involving Toshi and Serena. Lovers to die together.... A known story.”

"I question how getting Kiono to your father will work now though.... Kane's demand makes dealing with experiments, such has him, almost impossible to deal with.... especially with how you both are towards one another... Not that he and I have a good relationship either......"

Gen listened to her mentioning Kiono and the new policy. The policy didn’t really bother Gen because he didn’t really attack the experiments, they already knew Gen meant business when he spoke. So the excessive abuse isn’t needed. She then mentioned of her going to have a struggle with it. He did understand that her natural temper did show due to her lack of taking smart remarks.

"You though, Gen, are a wise man.... more level headed than someone such as myself.... I do not doubt this is completely impossible for you... you'll figure it out somehow."

His eyes widened after hearing her say this put him in shock from her mentioning his calm demeanor. He smiled back at her and followed her out the tunnel.

Interactions: Charcoal_Lilly50 Charcoal_Lilly50

Violet just laid there, unsure of how to process the information Raven had just so casually laid bare. A look of confusion interlaced with excitement then spread across her face as she realized the implications of what this all meant. “Wait you helped them get out!?” She signed to the doctor, her hands becoming an almost unseeable due to the excited speed at which she moved them. This was the best news she’s heard in the nine years she had been trapped here in this horrid place full of blood, torture, and death, but another question was burning its way into her mind, something she just couldn’t get around, but in case someone was overhearing this conversation from somewhere else in the room she had to make sure what she asked next remained silent on all sides. “Can she understand my sign language?” Her hands asked Raven, carefully being sure as to listen in on the rest of the room for a moment. She could hear nothing but what was going on behind this curtain, but wasn’t sure how long that would last. Violet then gave Raven this questioning look that just had to know how Trinity managed to escape alive and from where in this building, if there was any hope in pulling off everything her and Serena had worked so hard to figure out it would be here, with these two women.

Scarlett-Wulf Scarlett-Wulf

Arachne, Head Chaser
Once again Arachnid was forced to revise her conception of Kane. From the experiment-soft chaser, to the stone hearted killer, and at last she settled on the firebrand Head Chaser who was smart. Much, much smarter than she originally thought. Kane’s sharp eyes were heavy upon her as he spoke. His gaze was so perceptive that she was sure he could glimpse her very soul, the heart of her being.

Arachnid inclined her head, a dark half-smile gracing her features. “Once again you surprise me,“ she began. “I will crush Kiono and rip out his heart, and do not worry about tue blow you shall take. My venom will not be released into you. That I promise,“ she vowed. She flicked her head to the corridor, hearing the quick and assured footsteps of Tempest heading back.

Arachnid grimaced, staring down at her ruined palms, then looked to Kane. “Do you have any bandages?“ she asked timidly. The object upon which she had focused her rage when listening to Kane was her hands, and asking her colleague for help was not something she wished to do.

Interacting: A.I.S.H.A. A.I.S.H.A.
Mentions: Charcoal_Lilly50 Charcoal_Lilly50

Kane's expression softened again. He looked at her hands and chuckled gently. "You always were one to have a hot temper," Kane said jokingly as he got up and shifted through the corner drawers of his desk. "I don't normally keep medical kits aroun- Ah, I was wrong," Kane said with a delighted tone in his voice. He pulled out a messy first aid kit with half used pill bottles and dirty syringes. Kane rummaged around the kit for a bit before pulling out a partly used roll of bandages. "There should be enough to take care of your hands," Kane walked over to Arachne. He took her hands gently and inspected them. "It shouldn't hurt to clean them," he said, taking a napkin from the tea tray and dipping it in a bottle of alcohol. He dabbed it over Arachne's hands before finally taking the bandages and wrapping them carefully around her hands. "That should do it," Kane smiled at Arachne. "I must say, the hands of the spider are certainly the most graceful, despite the blood that's colored them. If anything, that demands even more respect from me," Kane offered her the compliment as he stood back up and sat down on his chair. He checked his watch. "Hm, I should probably get the other chores out of the way." Kane looked at Gen and Tempest, "I hope you enjoyed the view and fresh air." Kane took out a piece of paper and wrote four names:

Violet
Kiono
Anabelle
Toshi

Kane folded the paper and pocketed it.

Charcoal_Lilly50 Charcoal_Lilly50 hostage hostage Gohan510 Gohan510

Last edited:
Brie -13- Violet group- Healer

Brie just held onto the glasses as she starts to wake up she was a little drowsy as she yawned putting her glasses back on seeing her sister and Violet were still gone as she started to get worried but she remembers her sister said not to worry but she was worried about her big sister' maybe something happen maybe she's in the scary arena' she thought as she felt a sharp pain in her head' ow sissy warned me and I didn't listen' she thought. Brie just looked around as she placed her face on her knees waiting for her big sister to come back she just was pouting looking at the guards than to the others that were in the cages she couldn't really see that much color it was mix with black and white with color at the same time it hurts her eyes she just closed her eyes. Anyone in cages or BloodWolfRising BloodWolfRising

Violet just laid there, unsure of how to process the information Raven had just so casually laid bare. A look of confusion interlaced with excitement then spread across her face as she realized the implications of what this all meant. “Wait you helped them get out!?” She signed to the doctor, her hands becoming an almost unseeable due to the excited speed at which she moved them. This was the best news she’s heard in the nine years she had been trapped here in this horrid place full of blood, torture, and death, but another question was burning its way into her mind, something she just couldn’t get around, but in case someone was overhearing this conversation from somewhere else in the room she had to make sure what she asked next remained silent on all sides. “Can she understand my sign language?” Her hands asked Raven, carefully being sure as to listen in on the rest of the room for a moment. She could hear nothing but what was going on behind this curtain, but wasn’t sure how long that would last. Violet then gave Raven this questioning look that just had to know how Trinity managed to escape alive and from where in this building, if there was any hope in pulling off everything her and Serena had worked so hard to figure out it would be here, with these two women.

Scarlett-Wulf Scarlett-Wulf
Violet couldn't make out the first time she signed and started laughing at violets reactionas she signed back "yes I can, but dont get your Hope's up, if they have figured out who I am then I'm as good as dead and your chances are less than bad" pausing to think for a few moments before continuing to sign "the area that is under construction is where I helped get them out last time....it will be more difficult to do so again without causalities and is probably a horrible way to go" Raven leaned over to Violet and whispered "if anyone comes in dont take what I do personally " winking as she looked to Trinity with a worried look on her face. "Our biggest problem are the chasers and kane, Kane is no fool"
Rapror Augustine Rapror Augustine

Annabelle had finally decided.
She didn't want to be here anymore.
She was going to figure out a way to escape.
Which was easy now because of the vent...
All she had too do was wait...
you know what this is gonna be forever...
she thought.

Interactions: @ anyone near by

Annabelle had finally decided.
She didn't want to be here anymore.
She was going to figure out a way to escape.
Which was easy now because of the vent...
All she had too do was wait...
you know what this is gonna be forever...
she thought.

Interactions: @ anyone near by
"Dont do that Annabelle, you'll get the rest of us in trouble" Toshiro warned her as he sat up looking at at her, he had been in his cage for what felt like ages and with out Serena, he was growing restless.

Tempest (Head-Chaser)~
As Tempest walked back through the only entrance/exit of the passageway, she stopped a few feet away from the book shelf to allow Gen some room. Glancing over towards Arachnid and noticed the bandaging on her hand. The news Kane had delivered to all of them must have pissed Ara off just as much as it had pissed Tempest off. Soon her gaze shifted over to Kane as he asked the two of them how they enjoyed the "view and fresh air" as he appeared to be scribbling something down on a piece of paper before stuffing it into his pocket. "Both were rather... unexpected.. but delightful at the same time," she quietly commented as her mask hid a devious smirk, "Though it could use a candle or two to mask some of the smell..... wouldn't want your friends to smell a fresh corps if they decided to wander in there any time soon..... What a wonderful trap..."

The young woman's tone soon changed though to her normal cold stone voice, with the gaze to match, "But I don't see as to how treating those cretins kindly will do us any good... I don't like playing nice with them..... I'd rather watch them writher on the floor, dying within twenty minutes of their miserable lives... or smashing their heads in like berries...." Tempest slightly raised a brow, curious as to just what being so respectful and soft to the experiments will do for the chaser's ultimate goal.

Interaction: A.I.S.H.A. A.I.S.H.A.
Mentions: Gohan510 Gohan510 hostage hostage

Gen Takeshi
Gen took a step passed Tempest and started to head back to his couch till he was asked something from Kane. Gen’s head was still trying to wrap around of everything. Standing by the couch he stayed quiet and looked at Arachnid, then Tempest, and finally Kane.

"I hope you enjoyed the view and fresh air."

“It was... Interesting to see your short through mid term goal. Why exactly did you let us see all of it?”

Gen watched Kane write something in his paper and put it in his pocket as a brow lifted up. He didn’t say anything but stood and watched.

Then his voice shook up and a crazed smirk on his face appeared.

“Let me tear them apart if they fall in the web.” Looking at his palm his yellow eyes blinked as he balled his fist up.
Interactions: hostage hostage Charcoal_Lilly50 Charcoal_Lilly50 A.I.S.H.A. A.I.S.H.A.

~It is Spring and clear~

Serena - 17 - Violet's Group - Second in Command
Serena frowned when she was brought into the room with Tempest, Gen, Kane, and Ara. She was definitely tense and didn't even bother moving to go get the tea Kane had poured for her. Not to mention drinking tea with cuffed hands would have been a pain to begin with. She frowned even more as Kane made a pretty promise about the experiments getting treated properly. She couldn't believe that there was no way that a chaser had that much authority... Just like that she was dismissed and guards were taking her back to the cages. Her mind was running in overdrive now, there was a secret passage in Kane's study but there was no guarantee that it actually led outside. This could indeed be a trap, yes Kane had done much for them but that did not make Kane their allie. She bit her lip in thought not knowing she had slowed down to a stop one of the guards pushed her slightly, "Keep walking." Well, that was odd usually they would have shoved her against the wall or to the floor. "Wonder if mother knows just how little control she has...." She whispered to herself before walking once again. It wasn't like Serena really cared if her mother got taken over by one of the Chasers, she really didn't care what happened to her. Serena's only concern was her crew...and that included both the groups. She smiled softly thinking of them once again thinking of them, "We knew it wouldn't be easy to begin with." She muttered before they opened the door and let her walk inside, "stand still so i can take these things off you." Serena did as told and rubbed her wrists slightly once they were off, "I'm back guys..." She but her voice didn't show any joy, this new bit of information in a way hurt. What it Toshi wasn't actually on their side in this, she wanted to be free with him though. But Toshi had made the promise so he could be closer to her, she was so confused right now.
Gohan510 Gohan510 Scarlett-Wulf Scarlett-Wulf rbk4373 rbk4373 Calibutcher Calibutcher FeliahTheFox FeliahTheFox abstract. abstract. Texangamer Texangamer rivers and oceans rivers and oceans Charcoal_Lilly50 Charcoal_Lilly50 hostage hostage MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat (Everyone in the room of cages...so if i missed you or miss tagged you)

Dr. Helen Clarefree - 39 - Scientist: Maker
Helen let Din drag her back into her room and as soon as he started talking about Project Zero she smiled. Listening to him talk with such enthusiasm over the project he was working so hard on made her happy, "Might I suggest adding a bit of starfish in with the lizard DNA, you know how our famous bat boy and regenerate parts of his body and keep fighting at least for about ten more minutes before he passes out. That could possibly enhance the regeneration rate." She was referring to Derek, he had been a bit of a surprise to them all with his odd abilities, of course though they did have some major drawbacks. She nodded her head, "Yes I remember who made Kane, he is no longer with us anymore though." A bit of sadness seemed to weigh in her voice, the man who had made Kane had actually been her daughters' father. She knew about Din crushing on her but after losing Damon, well her work took first hold of her heart. Though she had to admit she liked Din's dedication to his work, he was dedicated just about as much as she was.
Gohan510 Gohan510

Din Takeshi
"Might I suggest adding a bit of starfish in with the lizard DNA, you know how our famous bat boy and regenerate parts of his body and keep fighting at least for about ten more minutes before he passes out. That could possibly enhance the regeneration rate."

Din listened to her and started jotting the notes down and indeed she was right about Derek in his abilities.

“Indeed every day is something new with them two that’s for-“

She finally answered his question. Though the way she answered wasn’t the way he wanted her to answer he put the hinder down and swallowed some saliva.

“I am sorry for your lost. What about Arachnids maker? I must know, Do you understand the risks those two, well rather Kane can do to this facility? I been doing some research on Mantises and Scorpions. Mantises enjoy eating live pray as well to taking the head off and leaving the body after. Theb the chameleon? Camouflage? While Arachnid still has a poison her maker only knows that antidote to and her files don’t pop up? I smell something bad about to happen and usually when i call it, it usually happens... I also found some of the secrets to why Kane became Chaser after the first escape. Yet after some talkin about promotion...”

Din paused walking around Dr. Clarefree. “Where did the poison go that was injected in him Helen.”
BloodWolfRising BloodWolfRising

Brie just heard her sister voice as she had her hands covering her ears sometimes she hated her telepathic abilities she looked up tears in her eyes her head was hurting from the thoughts of the guards and people around her she was in pain a bit. Brie looked at her sister" Serena" she says as she was scared as she looked at her big sister" are you okay" she asked tilting her head she wanted to get out of here she made a decision that she was gonna fight for her friends and family Brie just remove her hands from her ears but she felt a sharp pain tears streaming down her face" I'm fine" she said sounding tough. BloodWolfRising BloodWolfRising

"Dont do that Annabelle, you'll get the rest of us in trouble" Toshiro warned her as he sat up looking at at her, he had been in his cage for what felt like ages and with out Serena, he was growing restless.
She sighed.
"Sure...." She lied.
She knew the risk.
But she had more important things to do.

Annabelle looked at her Teddy Bear.
She was forgetting that she was just a kid...
If she even tried to escape she would risk the lives of others....
And Kane...
What was it about this guy...?
hes really nice but... That expression last time.... Annabelle thought.
She remembered when she told him her powers.
She didn't tell him the full ability though...
Annabelle pulled out a picture of her mother.
"What went wrong...." She whispered

Annabelle knew something was wrong when mother saw her.
She looked terrified.
Annabelle sighed and closed her eyes.
Ah hello there Annabelle how are you? The voice spoke
I need to Morph... Soon... Annabelle replied through her ability.
So soon Anna? Very well. But I warn you, my power is not to be handled with....
The voice warned.

Annabelle released the hold on the voice.
She started to regret talking to that... Thing...
Annabelle looked through the bars of the cage.
Beware who you trust Anna... Stay aware.... The voice echoed inside her head.

Interactions: @ anyone near by.

Arachnid, Head Chaser
“I shall excuse myself now,“ she said firmly, then headed to the door. Stopping for a small moment, she turned to acknowledge Gen and Tempest. “I look forward to working with you both. And Kane, I will heed your words and my work in the arena will be swift and bloody.“ With her promise lingering on her lips she turned and left. Business must be done.

A faint clanging could be heard from the quarters of the Head Chaser, along with the smell of smoked and iron. Deep inside Arachnid was hiding behind thick protective gear as she molded what seemed to be helmets. Gas masks, more like. She chuckled at she worked, remembering what Kane had hidden from her. Well, he wasn’t the only one with secrets.

With the last of the helmets finished, she snapped the jaws of the small forge closed, extinguishing the flames within in a burst of heat and steam. She carried her work with her in a tub, heading for her main chamber. There she had stands upon which she would lay the helmets. There were eight in total, each one slim but steady, the bright metal soon to be darkened with pitch and ashes.

Each helmet was fitted with a tracking system, with which Arachnid’s Chasers could stay together or locate one another. They also had earpieces fitted to the system, allowing them to speak clearly and plan on the move. The helmets had sealing locks and filters, making sure that no air that entered wasn’t clean. Infrared vison could be installed with a spoken command, as well as temperature regulators. With the matching armor-suits, Arachnid and her group couldn’t be defeated.

Arachnid smiled, stroking the smooth helmet in her hands. These were her greatest works yet, the directions to make them stolen from the mind of the Head Chaser before her. He was too weak and uninterested to bring his thoughts to beauty, and it served him right that Arachnid, who had also brought about his demise, would make them. She had fitted only eight, for her and her seven devoted followers. She had birthed these weapons for any case in which she needed to find experiments. Each suit was field tested by herself, of course. It wouldn’t do if a situation turned awry and killed her dearest companions.

Interacting: A.I.S.H.A. A.I.S.H.A. Gohan510 Gohan510 Charcoal_Lilly50 Charcoal_Lilly50

Kane smiled as he watched Arachnid bid farewell and leave. He nodded at her agreement to his plans and listened to the sound of the door close. He was alone now. Dreadfully alone... with himself. Kane stared at his tea tray and sighed. He'll take that back soon, just not now. Kane stood up and walked into his bedroom, closing his office door behind him. He sat down in his small wallside desk and stared at the mirror in front of him. There he was. A monster. Kane glared into his reflection, eyes sunken and face pale. It really did feel like keeping a kind heart was draining the energy out of him. It was all he could do to prevent himself from devouring the experiments on the spot. He wondered why he was the way he was all the time. Not that he cared. Kane was a man of practicality. He wanted to know the reason behind everything, even his own existence. Kane remembered the day he found the answer.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"What is the meaning of this Kane?" Mr. Clarefree said. Kane smiled. He took the gun he had and gave it to Clarefree. "I'm sure you’re dreadfully curious. But I figured I would tell you before I told your wife, Mr. Clarefree," Kane said. The man wiped his forehead as he glanced at the gun he held before looking back at him. Kane walked towards him and stopped. "I won," Kane's smile slowly grew more twisted. His eyes watched Mr. Clarefree with precision. Clarefree hesitated for a moment before answering. "What do you mean you won...?" he asked. Kane chuckled softly. "I killed William." Mr. Clarefree gripped his gun tightly. "Kane, he was your friend," he said. "He was my friend. I'll certainly grieve his departure but it was for the best. Isn't that what friends do for each other? Help them. He was my ticket to survival, and I got everything I wanted, everything your wife wanted," Kane said looking at him gleefully. "Of course, you don't care about them. You're just as happy as the rest of us that the escape plan failed," Kane went on, pacing the room. "But you didn't like the way things ended up. You're scared. Terrified.. of me," Kane stopped then and turned slowly to look at Clarefree again with an ecstatic joy in his eyes, like a predator who just stumbled upon his prey. Mr. Clarefree couldn't find the words to respond. "You and I both know it. I've excelled here. I've passed every test with flying colors and you're unsure of whether or not I'm too good, too powerful. And now that I'll be a chaser, you're losing control of me," Kane laughed softly, like a sadistic whisper. He sat down in a chair and began removing his shoes.

"So I'll give one chance to make your decision. If you want to kill me, you'll take that gun, and shoot me before I finish getting ready to kill you," Kane took off his other shoe and began removing his socks. Clarefree swiftly took aim. Kane didn't stop. Once his socks were off, he removed his shirt. Clarefree's hands trembled and his finger hovered on the trigger. There stood Kane, Mr. Clarefree's greatest experiment. The orphan boy who lost both his parents to an illness was now a brutal killer. And yet all that progress, all that work, was seconds away from disappearing. Suddenly, he disappeared. Clarefree's eyes widened as he stepped back. He held the gun in front of him and listened closely for Kane's footsteps. "You know me well, Mr. Clarefree," Kane's voice called out. Mr. Clarefree aimed in that direction, waiting for him to appear. "I can't ever be completely silent, but it helps to be lightfooted," he taunted him. Then, for just a moment, Kane appeared, then disappeared again. Mr. Clarefree instinctively aimed and pulled the trigger. Click. There were no bullets. Kane laughed hysterically. "How unbelievably desperate you must be to put all your faith into a weapon given to you by an enemy," Kane appeared again. He was completed shifted. the mere surprise of his appearance forced him back and he fell onto his desk chair. The elegant, brilliant colors of a mantis' eyes now covered all of Kane's and his skin turned frail and chipped away with every movement he made. His mouth was a series of mandibles and his body had turned entirely into an armored exoskeleton. Kane's bones cracked and crunched as bladed spike emerged from his forearm.

Mr. Clarefree was frozen in fear while Kane reached into his pocket and pulled out a small bottle of a kind of crimson liquid. "Do you remember this?" Kane asked. Mr. Clarefree's eyes widened at the realization. "You do," Kane leaned in close to him as he opened the bottle. "This... the poison you created... and took the liberty of choosing me to test it first. I won't bore you with the details, the important part is that it doesn't kill you. It makes you wish it did, but it won't. You'll be paralyzed, left in a state of agony until some merciful soul comes with an antidote and has you drink it," Kane said, grabbing Mr. Clarefree by the mouth and forcing it open. As much as he tried to struggle, there was no way he could escape from Kane's grip. "It seems I'm all out of antidotes," Kane said as he poured the liquid into Mr. Clarefree's mouth. After he finished, Kane pocketed the empty bottle. Slowly, the symptoms took hold. His muscles tensed, forcing his hands, arms, and the rest of his body to twist into shriveled shivering contortions. Mr. Clarefree convulsed as the poison began coursing through his veins, forcing them to bulge all over his body. His eyes, nose, mouth, and ears started to bleed as he watched Kane. The experiment knelt down by his maker and caressed his face. "I know what you're thinking. Dr. Clarefree will have my head for this," Kane said. He laughed. "Your wife won't be finding out. All it takes is a simple framing of another experiment and burning your body," Kane said with a smile. Mr. Clarefree continued to twitch uncontrollably as his nervous system was being wiped clean of any self-control. Kane relished the sight. "You want to know what your mistake was? Where you went wrong?" Kane said to him as he moved to press his blades to Mr. Clarefree's neck. "I'm feeling generous... So, I'll tell you." Mr. Clarefree could not even look at Kane. He stared blankly into the ceiling as more blood streamed down his face. “It could’ve been when you began running your tests on me with Mantis DNA. It could’ve been when you tested that poison on me or perhaps it was your wife’s fault for giving me an invitation to join the chasers. Wanna know what I think...?” Kane leaned in so that he hovered inches from Mr. Clarefree’s ear. “Your biggest mistake was not killing me the second I set foot in the lab,” Kane whispered. He moved back again so that he can look a Mr. Clarefree again. “I’ll bet you think this is for revenge. All those times you’ve ran tests on me, made me suffer, and so on. You think I hate you,” Kane looked up for a moment. He spotted a camera. “Hmm.. I’ll just remove the footage later. It’ll be a simply matter while everyone is distracted with putting out the fire,” Kane said, looking back at Mr. Clarefree. “Right, back to my reasoning. Well, sir, the reality is, I don’t hate you at all. In fact, I’m grateful to you for everything you’ve done to me. It’s helped me reach this point,” Kane’s smile faded and he glared at Mr. Clarefree. “But knowledge is power.. and power can kill. And the person most knowledgeable of the experiment, Kane Athrakin... is you,” Kane said. “I hope you don’t mind, it’s nothing personal. Just business” he said, chuckling as he took his blades arm and ran it slowly through Mr. Clarefree’s throat. “Farewell, friend,” Kane waved at him softly as the man’s uncontrollable twitching crawled to a stop. Kane reaches into his pocket and pulled out a box of matches. “Start the fire, remove the footage, frame the experiment, then grieve with Dr. Clarefree at the funeral for her dear lost husband,” Kane smirked. “Toys... they’re all just that... toys.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Kane continued to stare at his reflection in the mirror. His skin had begun to peel. “Oh dear,” he said. Kane was so lost in thought he was subsconsiously beginning to shift. He returned to a completely human form and exhaled. Kane scoffed. “They’re all toys..” he whispered to himself. “I exist in this world to make sure they learn just that. I’ll make them learn.”

Last edited:
Gen Takeshi
Gen watched Arachnid walk off and take her leave as he nodded and followed out the door hopefully with Tempest behind. Awaiting for her to follow Gen closer the door behind her. Taking some more steps away from the office his yellow eyes traced up and down on Tempest.

“What makes you so willing to join me on my adventures down these sleepless halls?” He asked the girl walking beside him, he noticed she kept her distance from him as he started sniffing himself.

“Do I smell bad?” He stopped then noticed few doctors walking by nodding at them. He nodded back and proceeded on.

“How do you really feel about what we saw?”

~It is Spring and clear~

Serena - 17 - Violet's Group - Second in Command
Serena frowned when she was brought into the room with Tempest, Gen, Kane, and Ara. She was definitely tense and didn't even bother moving to go get the tea Kane had poured for her. Not to mention drinking tea with cuffed hands would have been a pain to begin with. She frowned even more as Kane made a pretty promise about the experiments getting treated properly. She couldn't believe that there was no way that a chaser had that much authority... Just like that she was dismissed and guards were taking her back to the cages. Her mind was running in overdrive now, there was a secret passage in Kane's study but there was no guarantee that it actually led outside. This could indeed be a trap, yes Kane had done much for them but that did not make Kane their allie. She bit her lip in thought not knowing she had slowed down to a stop one of the guards pushed her slightly, "Keep walking." Well, that was odd usually they would have shoved her against the wall or to the floor. "Wonder if mother knows just how little control she has...." She whispered to herself before walking once again. It wasn't like Serena really cared if her mother got taken over by one of the Chasers, she really didn't care what happened to her. Serena's only concern was her crew...and that included both the groups. She smiled softly thinking of them once again thinking of them, "We knew it wouldn't be easy to begin with." She muttered before they opened the door and let her walk inside, "stand still so i can take these things off you." Serena did as told and rubbed her wrists slightly once they were off, "I'm back guys..." She but her voice didn't show any joy, this new bit of information in a way hurt. What it Toshi wasn't actually on their side in this, she wanted to be free with him though. But Toshi had made the promise so he could be closer to her, she was so confused right now.
Gohan510 Gohan510 Scarlett-Wulf Scarlett-Wulf rbk4373 rbk4373 Calibutcher Calibutcher FeliahTheFox FeliahTheFox abstract. abstract. Texangamer Texangamer rivers and oceans rivers and oceans Charcoal_Lilly50 Charcoal_Lilly50 hostage hostage MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat (Everyone in the room of cages...so if i missed you or miss tagged you)

Dr. Helen Clarefree - 39 - Scientist: Maker
Helen let Din drag her back into her room and as soon as he started talking about Project Zero she smiled. Listening to him talk with such enthusiasm over the project he was working so hard on made her happy, "Might I suggest adding a bit of starfish in with the lizard DNA, you know how our famous bat boy and regenerate parts of his body and keep fighting at least for about ten more minutes before he passes out. That could possibly enhance the regeneration rate." She was referring to Derek, he had been a bit of a surprise to them all with his odd abilities, of course though they did have some major drawbacks. She nodded her head, "Yes I remember who made Kane, he is no longer with us anymore though." A bit of sadness seemed to weigh in her voice, the man who had made Kane had actually been her daughters' father. She knew about Din crushing on her but after losing Damon, well her work took first hold of her heart. Though she had to admit she liked Din's dedication to his work, he was dedicated just about as much as she was.
Gohan510 Gohan510
Toshiro stood up abruptly as soon as Serena stepped into the room, his tail wagging rapidly as he glared at her "took you long enough, everyone was getting worried about you, theres no telling what they would have done" Toshiro reared his arm back and extended his fingers, instead of punching the door outright he put his fingers through the locking mechanism. Walking over to her he placed a hand on his head before taking a quick sniff of the air. " good they didnt hurt you....now for your promise..." toshiro Picked her up as if she were a bride before returning to his glass cage with Serena in tow. Shutting the cell door behind him before fully transforming in order to avoid being shocked till he passed out. Setting Serena down gently on his bed he looked down at her "If you know anyone planning on escaping dont mention it around me, I dont want to have to do anything drastic if ordered or questioned" Toshiro whispered into her ear before nipping it with his teeth. Sitting down on the floor and using his weight to keep anyone from opening the door. "how was your tea party?"

Annabelle had been in this cage for a while...
She needed to leave but to put others lives at risk that just wasn’t her...
Anna. I know you want to escape but your just not ready, your a child... the voice said.
Annabelle sighed at its remark, it was right...
But wait a second....
What are you...? Annabelle asked in her head.
Anna asking questions like that is going to slow you down. Ask more IMPORTANT questions please, you should know by now I’m your morph....

the voice replied sourly.
Morph....? What do you mean?...

hm.... Let’s see if I can explain this too you... When the morph was er- created they had to have a separate, let’s say “guide” which is me. That requires a soul, which is also me. Let’s see if you can figure out the rest Anna.

So.... They killed you in order for me to have a morph...
correct Anna, now I’m not really in the mood to talk anymore so good day to you... the rest of the time the voice was quiet.
Annabelle looked at her Teddy Bear.

Interactions @ anyone near by

Last edited:
Gen Takeshi
Gen watched Arachnid walk off and take her leave as he nodded and followed out the door hopefully with Tempest behind. Awaiting for her to follow Gen closer the door behind her. Taking some more steps away from the office his yellow eyes traced up and down on Tempest.

“What makes you so willing to join me on my adventures down these sleepless halls?” He asked the girl walking beside him, he noticed she kept her distance from him as he started sniffing himself.

“Do I smell bad?” He stopped then noticed few doctors walking by nodding at them. He nodded back and proceeded on.

“How do you really feel about what we saw?”

Tempest (Head-Chaser)~
As Tempest watch Arachnid and Gen start to take their leave, she found it best to do the same. A bit surprised that Gen waited for her to step out before closing the door behind her. Upon hearing his question her red orbs glanced up to meet his, processing the information before going about answering it. "I have nothing better to do..... the scientists haven't sent me up in the ring in a while due to the last experiment I tussled with had too much venom pumped into their system.... but they were lucky enough to start holding onto antivenom near the ring... and I already gave a doctor some venom today so they could make the antidote.... besides..... I recently got told that I need to learn how to work well with others if I want to surpass where I am now... help better my team," under her mask was an unforeseen smirk, "As for your smell it's better than anyone else's, so far."

When Gen asked her about what they saw she looked away, eyes now gazing ahead. How did she feel about it? "I'm unsure.... he seems like a mad man... and not my type of mad...… But I'm relieved to know that he's not all sunshine and rainbows...…" Then Tempest looked over at Gen a mumbled, "I say that we don't try to cross the man.... his combination makes him tricky to catch if there's no way to track him..."

Gohan510 Gohan510

Gen Takeshi
"I have nothing better to do..... the scientists haven't sent me up in the ring in a while due to the last experiment I tussled with had too much venom pumped into their system.... but they were lucky enough to start holding onto antivenom near the ring... and I already gave a doctor some venom today so they could make the antidote.... besides..... I recently got told that I need to learn how to work well with others if I want to surpass where I am now... help better my team,"

Gen smirked after listening to her and he laughed a bit after she mentioned an experiment getting too hurt after battling. Though something in his head made him put that smirk away instantly. “Who is Arachnid fighting tomorrow?”

Shaking his head from the thought he heard her mentioning surpassing something, his eyes traced back on he. He didn’t say anything though.

“Oh okay glad to know I don’t smell bad. His scent is strong unless he’s able to hide it easily and the sounds his body emits he won’t be that hard. I can sniff him out, and experiments with Echolocation will have a better chance. Using sound from an object to see where it is or what it’s doing. I told my father to stop with bat dna on experiments. It’s dangerous to have that trait especially if you’re a skilled fighter and figure out how to utilize it...” He paused and sighed. “I want to know Kane’s goal. Is it just to trick the experiments?”

Walking down the halls they took a different path this time stopping by the cafeteria. Ordering some food Gen looked back at Tempest.

“Want anything? It’s on me.” He offered the female Chaser.

Brie heard her sister but didn't exactly know where she was she didn't have her glasses on she started to freak out" where are you Serena" she says freaking out she heard a door close Brie just rock back and forth freaking out her breathing was going out of control she wanted her sister back she just put her glasses on as she saw Toshio take her sister to his cage. Brie just threw her glasses frustrated she didn't break them thankfully she just lay on the floor of the cage turning away tears in her eyes her sister always calm her with her nightmares now she don't know she does since her sister has a new cage with Toshio she just closed her eyes her head hurting having her hands on her head. BloodWolfRising BloodWolfRising

Kane heard a knock on his door. He blinked a few times and broke from his own gaze. He cleared his throat. "Come in," he called out. He heard the door to his office open as he got up. He walked over and when he entered his office, he found one of his chasers. "Ah, so good of you to come," Kane said, with a smile as he sat down. "Gen and Tempest are walking down the hallway together," the chaser said. Kane flipped through a few papers and set aside a few files. "I do hope they liked what they saw," Kane said as he read the papers in front of him. "Although I'm not too afraid of them. They're predictable enough, especially after watching them hunt down the escapees of the last attempt," Kane said. "I know how they fight, and I've got plenty of bodies to study to know how they kill, too" Kane said. "May I ask a question, sir?" the chaser asked. Kane looked at him for a moment, then nodded. "Do you plan on letting them live?" Kane frowned then looked up at him.

"Who do you take me for, a savage? Of course, I'll let them live," Kane said. "How do I know you're not lying to me right now?" the chaser pressed. Kane stopped for a moment. He slowly looked up at the chaser. "You're a new one aren't you?" Kane stood up and glared. The chaser swallowed nervously. "I was given my position as chaser 4 months ago," he replied. Kane chuckled. "I can tell you're new," Kane said softly as he paced around the chaser. A bead of sweat began to travel down his forehead. "You're a quick learner, so I bet you'll figure this out on your first go," Kane said, putting his hand firmly on the chaser's shoulder. "You ask questions. Very good, smart questions," Kane said. A moment of silenced passed between them before Kane spoke again. "But don't ask too many. You don't want to ask the wrong question. The answer may be much more unpleasant than you wish it to be," Kane whispered. "Are... you going to kill me, sir?" the chaser asked, his voice trembling. Kane's grin grew long and twisted for a moment before suddenly... laughter. "Oh you're such a humorous fellow. I like you," Kane said with a bright smile. He took out the piece of paper with the names of tomorrow's combatants and slipped it into his shirt pocket. "No, I won't kill you. In fact, I need you. You're a trusted confidant of mine. If anything, I should be vouching for you in front of Dr. Clarefree for a position as Head Chaser this very moment!" Kane said with a beaming smile. He sat back down at his desk.

"Speaking of which... what's new today?" Kane asked. "Dr. Clarefree and Dr. Takeshi were discussing the enhancement of regenerative DNA. They spoke of using starfish DNA," he said. Kane thought for a moment. "That's very good.. very interesting. Who whispered this to you?" Kane asked. "The other confidants," he replied. Kane chuckled softly. "How do you know who was who?" Kane asked. "I asked them who they were loyal to." Kane looked at the chaser intently. "How do you know they weren't lying to you?" Kane's eyes began to narrow. "Because I asked them who they loved," the chaser replied. Kane thought for a few moments before answering. "Who are you loyal to?" Kane asked. "Our leader." Kane's glared focused on the chaser's face. "And who might that be?" Kane watched. "Dr. Clarefree," the chaser replied. Kane's expression softened. Then, he smiled. "And who do you love?" Kane asked finally. The chaser looked at him for a moment before replying. "You, sir." Kane sighed. "And how do I know you're not lying?" Kane closed his eyes. "Because the world would have killed you if I was." Kane nodded in approval. "Take the tea tray on your way out." The chaser picked up the tray and began walking towards the door. "Oh, and one more thing," Kane said. The chaser stopped. "Yes, sir?" he asked. Kane smiled pleasantly. "Remember, I have eyes and ears everywhere. I even have people lying to you... I trust that you're a quick learner. Know that I'll find out much sooner than you might hope if you betray me. I have a lot of faith in you," Kane said. The chaser nodded. Kane watched him leave and stood up. "Time to pay Dr. Din Takeshi a visit," Kane said to himself musingly. He tidied up his suit and tie before locking the door behind him. He placed the files he had in front of his desk back in the drawer. Files on the Takeshi family. Kane walked outside and closed the door, locking it. And off he went, back down the hallways.

Mentioned: Gohan510 Gohan510

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back